• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 7,385 Views, 469 Comments

Wub me or Hate me - Vesperia



I cosplay as EQ Girls Vinyl Scratch and get sent to Equestria? And I was once a guy? Well aint this dandy.

  • ...
44
 469
 7,385

Displaced Wubs

The six mares and I were sitting in one of the train cars as it carried us towards our destination. Rainbow and Applejack were taking a nap on the two seats to my right. Rarity was reading some fashion magazine and having a conversation with Fluttershy. Pinkie was munching on some candy she bought in the dining car and Twilight and I were discussing my wub-board.

“I think I understand how it works now.” Said Twilight. “I don’t think the issue is the sound volume itself or lack of bass output. I think the problem is magic based. The board will probably need more magical output so it can propel you and the board in any direction with more force, including up. And if you increase the output you naturally need to increase the input.”

I nodded along with Twilight. It made sense now that I thought about it. I gave my input, “But drawing in natural magic, like what I’m doing now with the board, wouldn’t be enough right?”

Twilight nodded, “Exactly! While it is possible to make something that could bring that much in, it would be far too bulky for what you are trying to make. So what you would need to do is put in-”

“-a battery.” We finish at the same time.

Twilight smiled at me. Though magic isn’t my specialty Twilight probably enjoys being able to talk about science and magic things with someone. Well, someone that cares and understands enough to have a conversation about it and not just pretend.

I looked up and rubbed my chin in thought. A battery requires some high grade gems and a magical spell to get things set up. I won’t be too worried about that if I can get Rarity’s help for the gems.

I reached down and picked my wub-board up and examined it. It was crudely made, my feet rested on badly carved wood and the sound propulsion was simply nailed to the wood. In all honestly while I’m very proud of this accomplishment I feel like it could always become more. With Equestria’s current tech I can get much better quality materials without needing my backpack as much, I can even make it smaller and cooler looking. I smiled when I thought of all the ways I can have fun with the new design.

I turned to Twilight, “Thank you Twilight, I think I have an idea to make it better. Wanna work with me on it when we get to Ponyville? It could be a fun side project.”

Twilight beamed. “Yeah! Sounds like a ton of fun! We could even make research notes! And essays!” Twilight clopped her hooves together rather adorkably. I chuckled and set my wub-board back down next to my backpack. After I set it down I was about to sit back when I noticed a glint. It was a golden coin.

“It must be a stray bit.” I thought. “Well lucky me then.”

I picked the coin up and straightened myself back on the seat. Almost immediately I heard a voice in my head.

“What's up? I'm Sun Wukong, The Stray Faunus. Just simply shoot the coin to call upon me for anything you might need help with.”

I blinked. It was another strange object with a voice, just like the tesseract lookalike. I shrugged and put it in my skirt pocket.

“What did you find Vinyl?” Asked a curious Twilight.

I shrugged at her, “Just a bit laying on the floor.”

“Oh, lucky you then.” Twilight went back to reading a book she must’ve pulled out sometime after our conversation.

We sat in silence for the next twenty minutes and I was slowly falling asleep. That unfortunately didn’t work out because a loud bass sound suddenly dropped with a hellish ferocity. The train car started to shake and jerk around badly while we were all trying to desperately hold onto our seats for our lives. Rainbow and Applejack, unfortunately, didn’t have a whole lot of luck since they were sleeping. Instead of holding onto a seat they were comically bouncing around.

“This is some strong bass right?” Twilight yelled over all the noise. “You know anything about this Vinyl?”

“No! My bass is much more refined! This isn’t even close to novice levels! It’s just really loud!” I yelled back to Twilight. And it was true, this bass was bad enough to really annoy me. I wanted to give the person making this atrocity a piece of my mind.

Eventually a loud crash was heard and the car gave a sudden lurch forward before violently tipping to its right side. All of us weren’t prepared for that and fell over. Our bodies landed in one big dogpile on the wall of the car. A few train seats came loose and fell down as well, luckily they didn’t come close to crushing us. Ughs and Ows was the common language as we untangled ourselves from each other.

After shaking off the pain we slowly crawled over the seats to the car’s exit door. Applejack kicked it open when it wouldn’t budge and we finally got to see all of the damage done. The entire train was off the tracks and was clearly not in workable condition, all the train cars were in various states of disrepair. Thankfully I think we were somehow the only people going to Ponyville right now so no one was hurt.

Then a net came out of nowhere and trapped Rainbow in its clutches.

This was unexpected.

Another net came flying and trapped Fluttershy as well.

This was when a bunch of ponies in Daft Punk looking head gear jumped or flew over our ruined car. They all wore similar Daft Punk looking clothes as well, though fit for a pony. If they weren’t obviously evil I would’ve commented on how awesome they looked.

Fortunately Twilight and the rest got into defensive positions, they didn’t idle around like a gawking moron like me. Twilight quickly levitated Rainbow and Fluttershy to her and Rarity immediately started to untangle their nets. I was just about to run over to them when a net wrapped itself around me.

I totally did not squeak in surprise when I fell over from the suddenness of the action.

This net was different though. Instead of just trapping me like Rainbow and Fluttershy, I was being dragged away by something. I quickly reached through one of the net holes and grabbed onto a large rock to stop myself. I called out to Twilight for help and she looked at me worried. She couldn’t help though, the Daft Punk ponies were keeping her and the others too busy.

I knew I couldn’t hold on for much longer. I’m not strong enough to counter whatever is pulling me. Then I recalled the coin. Gritting my teeth I held onto the rock with all I had with one hand as I reach down into my skirt pocket for the coin. Bringing it up I stared at it for the briefest of moments as it rested on my thumb before flicking it up.

I grabbed the rock with my other hand again as I looked up and watched my only hope spin up and around in the air.

“Please help me Sun Wukong, you’re my only hope.” I said, hoping my fear wasn’t too evident in my voice.

As the coin flew, Twilight and I watched as it glowed for a minute and bursted in a form of light as a new figure landed atop the daft punk ponies. It had Golden Hair and a… Monkey Tail? What, is this guy suppose to be a Super Saiyan? Admittedly I kinda want to pet it… That’s when I took a brief moment to look at the six mares and see the shocked expressions on their faces.

They, like me right now, were startled by what happened when this new guy landed on top of the first attacker and sent the second one flying with his two weapons. Wait a minute... Are those shotguns that functioned like Nunchaku? That’s freaking awesome!! He noticed me holding onto the rock for dear life, and he combined his two weapons together and used them to launch himself forward like a pole vaulter at a track and field event and placed his shoe into the face of the pony trying to drag me away.

“DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!”

He was no Might Guy, he lacked the tights, but that single kick sent the pony flying back ten feet as this dude now stood in between me and these wannabe DJs. That’s when I realized something… he was listening to music in an Ipod that seemed a little familiar…… well, despite whatever it looked like, he was wearing them and I could hear the beat of Varien’s “Gunmetal Black” coursing through one of the earbuds that he was wearing.

“Alright,” he said, looking back at me on the ground before looking back at the ponies in front of him and preparing his weapons. Then, he stepped forward. “Who’s next?”

Okay, he gains cool points for such a dramatic entrance. I can admit that much. I gave him a quick “Thanks!” before starting to unravel myself from the net. It was at this moment when I realized I desperately needed a knife. Groaning a bit I soldiered on, I looked back at the impromptu battlefield. Twilight and the gang were holding off the Daft Ponies, I snorted a bit at that name, and the new guest was practically playing with our aggressors.

Turning back to the net I finally managed to get it off me. Springing back up to my feet I looked around for my wub-board. When I didn’t find it on the ground I facepalmed when I remembered it was back on the train car. In the excitement I must’ve forgotten about it. I rushed to the car, all the while dodging the ponies going at it.

In no time at all I climbed back into the car. Going back over the seats and trying to find ours was a bit annoying but thankfully it didn’t take long to find my stuff. Slinging my backpack over my shoulders I grabbed my wub-board and started the climb over the seats for the third time. Hopefully nothing bad happened to everyone out there during the two or three minutes it took to climb over and get everything.

I finally got back into the grassy field we were stuck in. I started heading towards blondie while I looked around and saw that the number of Daft Ponies was thinning thanks to the help of our new friend. Most of the robotic wannabes were still fighting but quite a number were knocked out cold. Either by hoof, magic, or bo staff if the weapon the blonde guy was now using was anything to go by. Their unicorn friends were dragging them away from the battlefield by magic and a few pegasi were trying to dive bomb monkey boy.

He knocked those guys away with apparent ease. One of the Daft Ponies with some luck somehow managed to sneak behind him. Before he could pounce and do any damage though I raised my wub-board in the air and clubbed him over the back of his helmet. Even with that extra protection it looked like it didn’t help him one bit.

The pony dropped unconscious like a sack of anything heavy. He was immediately grabbed by another pony’s magic.

“Retreat! We’ll get our objective some other time!” Shouted one of the ponies, he was probably their leader or something.

All of the Daft Ponies turned tail and started running back over the upturned train cars. They seemed to make sure to not leave a single pony behind. Me, monkey boy, and Team Twilight rushed back to the train cars. We just managed to get over and onto the new top part of the car when the same bass from before sounded out. We stumbled around on the car and I nearly fell off, thankfully monkey boy grabbed me with his tail and pulled me back to my feet.

I looked to the direction where the Daft Ponies left and saw only a speeding black speck. I spat to the side in anger that we couldn’t wring them for answers. Eventually I settled for an annoyed pout and crossed my arms.

“You okay there, miss?” Said the new arrival.

I uncrossed my arms and nodded at him. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just disappointed we couldn’t interrogate one of them. Curious about the random attack ya know?” A moment of silence passed between the group before I remembered something important.

“Your name’s Sun Wukong right?”

Monkey boy nodded and sat down on the train car. “Why yes it is. Something tells me that you used my Token if you were the girl acting like Princess Leia and saying ‘You’re my only hope’.” I looked a little embarrassed and sighed.

I replied with a blush, “Er… yeah. For some reason Star Wars popped into my head.” I cleared my throat before continuing on. “So that coin was some sort of Token?”

“More than a certain kind. It’s my summoning token.”

“Summoning token?” I raised an eyebrow. Sun sighed, getting out… wait… is that the bit I found earlier?

“This medallion was used by you to summon me to your world. Heck, that’s why I’m a Displaced.” He said, using his tail now to flip the coin in my direction and having me catch it. Looking at it closely, I could see the Silver monkey emblem on the coin.

“So if I had to guess that I was also a Displaced, my token would be that iPod I threw into a mirror? I put a message in the iPod, just like the coin I used to summon him.” I hummed in thought. “If I knew that I would’ve made a better quality iPod.” That’s when I saw him take out the Ipod that he was using-. Holy Hell!! I just realized right now that that’s the same one I threw into the freaking mirror!!!

I blinked in astonishment, “Dude, so you were the one that got my iPod? What are the chances of that?”

“Wait… This is yours-? ……… You must be Vinyl then.”

I gave Sun a thumbs up and a nod. “Yup! Vinyl Scratch. Well… humanized Vinyl Scratch anyway. Pony me is up in Canterlot. Went to a con dressed as such and got plopped here in Equestria a thousand years ago.”

“Sort of the same circumstance for me. Went to RTX as Sun, someone dressed as Junior sold me my weapons and then I woke up in Griffonstone to have me be encaged as a seamonkey before being free on Equestria soil.”

I gave a thoughtful pose, “Weird. The guy that sold me my headphones was dressed as one of the merchants from Resident Evil. Gave me some tools so he knew I’d end up here. Gotta admit I’m a bit annoyed right now.”

“Because of the circumstances, the Daft Ponies, or the fact that your cheeks are brighter than Celestia’s sun?”

I snorted and rolled my eyes, my cheeks only a touch red. “Let's say it’s some sort of mixture of those.”

Before Sun could say anything else, I could hear Twilight trot over to me. Turning around, I see her looking at me. “Vinyl, who is this?”

I honestly forgot about those six mares. Smiling sheepishly I pointed at Sun and said, “Hey Twilight. This guy is Sun Wukong, I flipped a coin and brought him here.” To her credit, Twilight only look a little baffled.

“That… sounds theoretically impossible.”

“Nothing is really ‘impossible’, it’s just that it hasn’t been tried yet.” Sun replied. “Besides, My coin is like a summoning stone in Final Fantasy, but it works both ways. You summoning me was one way Vinyl. The other way was you ending up in my world, but of course, each world is different.”

“So multiverse theory then?” I asked. I scratched my chin, “So how different is your Equestria from this one?”

“Well, judging from Twilight alone…… Quite a lot.”

I quirked up an eyebrow with just a little bit of confusion before my eyes widened a bit. “Oh! I get it.” I leaned in a bit closer to Sun with a hand covering my mouth. “Twilight is a Princess right?” I whispered in Sun’s ear. Sun nodded his head, answering my question.

“Why am I stuck in season two and you aren’t?” I whispered to myself as I turned away from Sun. Shaking my head slightly in disappointment I turned to Twilight. “So how far away from Ponyville are we anyway? With the train as it is I don’t think we will be riding in comfort.”

Twilight rubbed her chin with a hoof. “Weeeell, if my timetable and estimates for travel time are correct, and they usually are, then it is only a thirty minute train ride away!” Twilight stamped her hoof adorably, head held high.

“So how long is that by walking?”

“The train travels at around eight-five miles an hour. So by that logic it is a forty two and a half mile walking distance away! It should only take the rest of the day to follow these tracks all the way to Ponyville, we’ll be there by nightfall!” Twilight still had a smile on her face. Seems that she wasn’t bothered at all by the length of time that would take.

I groaned softly, it was really hot out here. I just washed my clothes, if we did this I’ll have to do it all over again to get rid of the sweaty stickiness. These were the only ones I owned after all, hopefully I could get Rarity to make me some more. Strutting around in my birthday suit every time I need to wash my clothes probably won’t float everypony’s boat in town.

“It’s way too hot out here for this but whatever.” I looked at Rarity, “Hey Rarity do you think you could make me a few sets of clothes. Nothing fancy, so no gems and such, just some stuff to wear so I don’t wear this everyday.”

“Not a problem darling. While those clothes do fit you marvelously I think I can whip something up just as good, if not better!” Rarity smiled at me and I smiled back. I think we’ll get along fine.

I put my bag down and removed my jacket, stuffing it into the pack. My white tank top with the words ‘Wub Me’ finally seeing the light of day. I put my pack back on and turned back to Sun.

“If it isn’t too much trouble, could you escort us beautiful ladies back to town? Just to make sure those sucky DJs don’t come back around?”

“Sure thing, Vinyl.” Saiyan boy replied, placing his weapons away underneath his shirt. “But shouldn’t we see if there are any more survivors on the train first before we get moving?”

"Well, earlier on the trip I walked across the entire train length. Didn't see anyone on board. Though I didn't check the engine room. Someone could be there I suppose." I shrugged. Though now that I thought about it, this whole thing did seem suspicious.

“What about where the luggage would be?” Sun suggested. “The door could’ve locked on somepony while they were still inside.”

I scratched my head. "Didn't think of that."

Twilight decided to interject, "Well how about the others and I check out the engine room while you and Mr. Wukong check the luggage car?"

“That sounds like a good idea. Are you okay with that, Vinyl?”

"Yeah, sounds great. This'll be over quicker."

“That depends on what we find,” Sun told me. When he got a few brief stares, he sighed. “What? I was being optimistic.”

"Come on, I know where it is." With that Sun and I walked to the back of the train where the luggage car was.

It didn't take long to get there, and the door didn't look damaged in the slightest. Of course when I tried to open it, it wouldn't budge.

"It's locked." I said, stating the obvious.

BANG!

“Not anymore.”

I jumped when he fired his weapon. Turning to Sun I said with an annoyed face, "Dude, give a girl a warning before you fire your thing off."

“The Ammunition’s blunt. But has enough force to break the lock. Sorry about that.”

I waved it off, “Don’t worry about it. Let’s just see what’s inside.” I pushed against the damaged door and watched it swing open. The first thing the two of us were greeted by was all the luggage that was scattered amongst the floor… and the hoof that was sticking out of it.

“H-help!”

I cursed softly, there actually was someone other than us on the train. I rushed over to the fallen luggage and started moving them off of the trapped pony. Sun rushed to the pony's aid alongside me and we quickly freed the pony.

“T-thanks.” It spoke before looking at me. “W-wait? Vinyl? What are you doing here?”

I blinked. There in front of us was Octavia, the same Octavia that pony me said was off visiting family. Perhaps I was just seeing things weird through my glasses, I took them off and rubbed them with the bottom of my tank top. I looked at the grey pony in front of me with my red eyes and sure enough it was indeed Octavia.

“Dude, aren’t you suppose to be visiting family?”

Octavia raised an eyebrow, “Why yes, yes I am. But enough of that, Vinyl why do you look so… oh how should I put this? Strange?”

I would have been offended being called strange looking any other time. Instead I was holding down fan squees. But I needed to hold it together… for now.

“Uh about that, I’m not... well… your Vinyl. That Vinyl is up in Canterlot at your shared house, we hung out for a bit and she told me about you.”

Octavia blinked. “Oh, I see. So there-” She stopped herself short and adopted a face that was part surprise, part horror, and part… uh.. excitement?

“There-There are TWO of you in Equestria?!” Octavia put a hoof to her head. “Oh sweet Celesti-” Octavia fell over and fainted on top of her Cello case.

Sun and I just stood there and stared at the passed out pony. I turned to him confused and asked, “Was it something I said?”

“Something tells me that the pony version of you has a habit of driving her nuts.”

I put a hand on my hip and tilted my head a bit in thought. “Could be.” I said after a bit. “Well, let’s make her quick nap comfortable at least. We can ask her if she has anything besides her cello to take with her.”

Sun and I moved Octavia off of her cello. Monkey boy even volunteered to carry her while I held her Cello Case. He laid her down a few feet away and we stood around a tad bit awkwardly. I decided we really needed at least something to talk about.

I turned to Sun and broke the ice with a question, “Could you tell me all you know about the Displaced while we wait? Something tells me that it’s important.”

“Oh boy… Where to even begin?” He sighed and straightened up before asking a question. “You are familiar with the Multiverse, right?”

I nodded at him while folding my arms, “Yeah, at least the basic idea.”

“Alright… Well, think about what happened to you… Happening to other people and with each circumstance being different and each one of them ending up in one of numerous Equestria’s… That is basically what happened to us… Did I confuse you?”

I shook my head, “No, it seems pretty simple... at least so far. Is there anyone I should avoid?”

“I’m not sure myself. I’ve only met a few of them. But I would personally stay AWAY from Herobrine. He’s crazy.”

I rose an eyebrow. “Herobrine? Like the fake dude from Minecraft?”

“Yes, but in his world, he’s the freaking king of the nether AND enjoys massacring ponykind after the sisters imprisoned him in stone. He can even create the monsters you see in Minecraft and calls them his “Troops”. He’s pretty pissed off at me when I encountered him because our encounter ended with a shotgun blast to his shoulder.”

I made a face, “He sounds like a dick.”

“He is. Trust me.” Sun sighed and folded his arms before continuing, “Otherwise then that, I’ve personally only met a few Displaced. There’s a Displaced Discord named Loki, Deathwing, Queen Faust, A Rune Slayer named Nicko, and also my cousin Lance who is Gunvolt; the Azure Striker just to name a few.”

“Gunvolt? Huh, been meaning to play that game before I came here. So… do you think you could teach me how to fight? I know that’s a question out of the blue but still.”

“I can…” Monkey boy sat down for a moment, “But two things first. One, you’ll have to define fight, and two, maybe we should do this someplace else where nopony would get hurt.”

I leaned against a nearby wall with a soft sigh, “Well, by fight I mean like defending myself. I was practically useless when the Daft Ponies came charging in. And I don’t mean like now, maybe in some field on the outskirts of Ponyville or something if you agree.”

“I’m all for it. I was just wanting to know some key details before we start on anything.”

I looked a bit confused but shrugged it off when I heard a small groan come from below. It seemed that Octavia was finally waking up. She put a hoof to her head and sat back up.

“Wh-what happened? I remember… Vinyl?!”

“Again… Other Vinyl… Something tells me there should be a way to tell you two apart.” Sun added on, “Got any nicknames that might work?”

“Haven’t had any. Discord just called me Ms. Scratch during our imprisonment. Maybe I should wear a sign?”

“How about Vine? Or Vinny… nah, too messed up… Oh! How about Record?” Sun suggested.

“Eh… I’ll just go with Vine.”

“For the Lack of a better name?... I would personally call you Rhythm.” He chuckled. Rhythm? That… sounded good.

“You sure seem set on a nickname huh? Alright, you can call me Rhythm if you want.” I said.

“Well, it would be better than calling you Vinyl and having BOTH of you respond at the same time. Plus, you’re a DJ and there’s Rhythm in music. So I thought Rhythm. Rhythm Scratch.” Monkey boy definitely made a good point on that one, I have to admit.

I raised my hands up, “Alright, you made your point. It’s good I’ll admit that.” I turned to Octavia, “So just call me Rhythm then since I’m not your Vinyl. Also do you have anything else other than this cello case or are you good to go?”

“I should be alright… But what happened exactly?”

Sun and I shrugged while I took a brief moment to figure out what to say. “Well… I don’t really know. Twilight and the others were traveling with me to Ponyville and suddenly a ton of ponies wearing face covering helmets attacked the train with some really bad bass. When that knocked the train off they attacked us and tried to drag me away. I called Sun here and he drove them off and then we found you.”

“Well, sound at very high velocity can blast things over like shockwaves… Tell me Vinyl, was there anything that you might’ve done that could attract their attention?”

“You don’t need to tell me about sound. But no, I haven’t done anything significant in over a thousand years. The last thing of import I did was my incident with Cloudsdale.”

“Hmm…” Sun said to himself, looking like a detective in thought… “Music like ponies… Wanting to capture you…… Could you have unintentionally started a cult? Because that’s the only idea I have at this rate… Unless there’s something about you that you even don’t know about yourself.”

I scratched my head in thought. “I dunno, if they were cultists why would they attack me instead of just prostrating before me? That train wrecking could’ve killed me.”

“Maybe they wanted not you, but something that belonged to you.” Sun shrugged, looking like he was out of Ideas at this rate. But… that got me to think…

I put down the cello case to Octavia and brought up my wub-board as we started walking out of the train car. “Maybe this?”

“Hmm… Something tells me there's a lot more to this than meets the eye… Also, I think you have a special talent that only you would recognize… Tell me, are you the only one who could use this?” He asked as we continued to walk alongside Octavia towards the rest of the girls.

“Well I’m sure anyone who has magic could potentially use it… but I’m the only one who could make one time and time again… and be able to use it at it’s fullest capacity”

“Maybe you have a Semblance in which allows only you to interact with it?” Sun said. The stare I gave him afterwards told him that he forgot to mention something. “Ah yes, when I mean that, I mean a special ability that’s only unique to you and no one else. For me, I can make Decoy’s of myself that explode on contact… Maybe you have the power to control music and sound?”

I looked thoughtful, “Maybe? But the control depends entirely on what I’ve made and what materials used. I’m more like Ironman or Batman. A gadget user, but we won’t know until we look more into it guess.”

“Yes, but remember, Some gadgets can help someone control their gifts. Like Cyclop’s goggles.”

I nodded, “Yeah, now that I think about it my wub-nades would count as well. Same as the bass cannon… though pony me has made one of those already I’m sure of.”

“Trust me, she has,” Octavia remarked. “Along with a Dubstep blaster and Luna knows what else she has in her room.”

I gave a dreamy sigh, “Ah, I didn’t get a chance to explore her room. There must be sooo many wonderful things in there.” Octavia’s eye twitched before widening both eyes when she heard my next sentence, as if she was imagining everything we’d do. “I wonder what we could make if we put our heads together?”

Before Octavia could say anything though we heard Pinkie cry out, “Hey you two! I see you found somepony! Woohoo! More for the Glad-We-Survived-The-Train-Wreck party!” I looked towards Pinkie and saw her jumping up and down, waving a hoof energetically at us in greeting as we finally got closer to the front of the train.

I waved back at Pinkie, Octavia, Sun and I quickly joined up with the mane six. Twilight spoke up, "So, I see that your search found somepony."

“Yeah, Octavia was buried underneath her luggage.” Sun said.

Twilight raised a quizzical eyebrow but didn’t ask. Instead she said, “Well we have everything we need, I even took the liberty of grabbing some water bottles and snacks from the food car for the trip!” To emphasis she levitated a saddlebag in front of us before putting it on.

“Come on Twilight, let’s stop standing around talking and go!” Rainbow complained, though she couldn’t say anything about standing… she was flying lazy circles around the group.

“While ah might not agree with Rainbow’s tone, we really should be headin’ out now Sugarcube. Ah don’t want to leave Big Mac to do all mah chores if ah’m too tired to work tomorrow.” Said Applejack.

Twilight nodded, “You’re right. Come on girls… and Sun, the sooner we start, the quicker we get back home!”

“Finally!” Said Rainbow, throwing her hooves up.

“Ugh, I don’t even want to think about what all this sweat will do to my mane and coat. A relaxing day at the spa sounds wonderful. Do you want to join me tomorrow Fluttershy?”

I watched the friendly conversations the six mares had as they followed the tracks to Ponyville. I turned to Octavia and Sun and said, “Got any kind of interesting stories for the trip? I feel like today will be a long day.”

“That depends on if you want to hear about the Grimm or not.” Sun told her.

"Ooh, sounds interesting.” I said while taking off my arm warmers and putting them in one of the side pockets of my backpack. “Are they some sort of monster? Do they look like Grim from ‘The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy’?"

“Definitely not. Grimm are creatures that are formed from the negative emotions of others. Like Sorrow, Anger, Wrath, Pride and so on. They mostly take on the forms of animals.”

I was only a tad disappointed, "Oh, they sound dangerous." I held my hands behind my back as we walked. “So are there any differences between them?”

“Quite. Some are Beowolves… Two headed snakes…” For a moment, Sun looked in the sky, only to stop and get his weapons. “Oh COME ON!?! Seriously!? NOW!?!”

I was a bit confused until I looked to the sky as well. I suppose I know what Grimm look like now. Or at least a Grimm. It was a giant bird like creature with sharp, stark white claws and what looked like a white skull mask where its head was.

“Uh, that a friend of yours Sun?”

“That is NOT a friend of mine.” Sun said as he saw the Nevermore that was emerging from the clouds. “Everypony take cover!”

I didn't need to be told twice. Huge feathers the size of trees began to fly down like raining needles. I just barely managed to not get skewered as I ducked around for some sort of cover. I found a rather large rock and pressed myself against it. I could see Twilight and the others do the same.

"So uh, how do we kill it?!" I asked Sun.

“I would say try to take it down or blow it’s head off. Take your pick!” He yelled back, trying to see if he could get any closer by jumping into the nearby trees.

“Take it down hmm?” I thought. Then I got an idea, I still had the parts for a wub-nade in my pack. I hadn’t gotten around to making it since Twilight and the gang showed up during my bath time.

“Hey Sun I have an idea!” I yelled. “Keep it busy for like three minutes, I need a bit of time to build a wub-nade!”

“A what-!?” The Faunus shouted back. “Look out! It’s heading towards the girls!”

It seemed like Twilight saw that too. Twilight gritted her teeth and with a flash of purple they teleported to another part of the field, the giant Grimm slamming into the spot where they once were. It got up without so much as a scratch and shook itself before quickly taking flight again.

“Just please keep it off me for a bit!” I took my pack off and set it on the ground, rummaging through it I pulled out everything I’d need. Taking one last look at the size of our opponent I bit my lip and also summoned a glowing blue chip like item from the backpack. I set my tools out and started getting to work, tuning out almost everything but keeping an ear out for any warnings.

“Where’s Octavia?” I stopped my work and blinked.

"She's not with Twilight?" I asked.

“I thought she was with you!” Sun yelled back. Looking back upward, he catapulted himself using his bo staff like a pole vault and trying to get in the air. However, out of the few shots he tried to get off, only one of them actually hit the giant bird.

I looked around the field for Octavia, eventually I spotted a shaking bush by one of the trees not too far from my position. I instantly knew Octavia was there by the fact that a cello case was poking out of the top.

"She's fine!" I yelled to Sun. In a quieter voice I spoke to Octavia, "'Tavi come over by this rock, it'll protect you better!"

She looked at me fearfully, "But what if it sees me?"

I smiled at her, "Then Sun and I will keep you safe. Now come on over." With a resolute nod Octavia took a firm hold of her cello case and sprinted over to me. She skidded to a halt by me and pressed herself flat against the rock, clutching her case with a vice like grip. I gave her a few more words of encouragement before getting back to work.

Sun meanwhile was… wait… where the hell was he? That’s when I looked up and saw him holding onto the tail feathers of the beast. Is monkey boy insane!?

“Hey Vinyl, whatever you’re going to try and do, do it NOW!!!”

Was this dude crazy or just asking for a death wish? Plus, I was already done with my-... Wait… what exactly was he thinking? I stared at Big Bird and monkey boy for a second then promptly picked up the wub-nade, it had a small glowing blueness to it now, and ran out into the open field.

I came to a halt and started waving my arms to catch Big Bird’s attention, “Hey you!” Big Bird glanced down at me. “Yeah you ugly bird thing! Your mother was an omelette!” This seemed to catch its attention, it screeched in outrage and started to dive bomb me. I rolled the wub-nade around in my hand and waited patiently. I had to admit… I was really scared right now and I’d be an idiot if I wasn’t.

When I saw that the moment was right, I threw the wub-nade at the beast, aiming for its open beak as best I could. But then, out of nowhere, Sun caught the grenade and threw it into the Grimm’s beak. With one of his shotguns out, he blasted the wub-nade, causing it to explode in the bird's mouth and killing the monster.

“Hasta la vista, baby!” Said Sun, talk about going off with a bang. But good humor dies when I finally and truly processed what he did.

Sun landed gracefully on the ground when Big Bird’s corpse crashed into the earth. Before he could say anything I threw my hands on my hips and glared at him while saying, “Why did you blow up the wub-nade?! It’s not suppose to just blow up like that, that’s a waste of a blue chip!”

“I thought it was an explosive. Why? Does it work differently?”

I sighed, "When it goes off it releases wubs and sound using magic to create enough force to disorient a living creature and cause it to have no feeling in their limbs. That's the normal one, the one I threw would've released wubs and sound hard enough to do serious internal damage and then explode. Even more damage would be done when Big Bird swallowed the wub-nade, and the explosion would've been bigger."

“True… But I didn’t know that at first. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.”

It was true that he didn't know, I didn't even know why I was mad. "Can't fault you..." I mumbled then sighed when I realized I was being ridiculous, "I guess it doesn't honestly matter as long as the chip was vaporized in the end..."

A brief silence passed by before I spoke up again, a tiny humorous smile on my face as I looked at Sun, "I gotta say though, grasping the bird’s tail and riding it was pretty ballsy. At least you didn't land on your pretty face when you jumped back down right?” I looked at his tail. “Also, I’ve been meaning to ask, but why do you have a tail?"

“Faunus like me are known to have traits of animals. For me, I have the reflexes and speed of a monkey.” Sun explained. So that’s why he had the tail. Guess I can’t call him ‘Saiyan Boy’ anymore now.

“Is that so… That’s pretty cool. Must be neat having a tail, I’ve kinda been wanting to pet it.” I said while still staring at the tail he was waving in front of me.

“Well, it does kind of serve as like an extra hand. Kind of takes a bit to get use to at first, but like anything; you adjust over time.” Sun sighed. “Incoming Twilight, 6 o’clock.”

“Wha-?”

“Figure of speech. What I mean is… She’s right behind you. And she looks like she has quite a few questions for you.”

I turned around and indeed saw Twilight trotting over to us. Her eyes were showing clear interest as to what happened and worry at what might come next.

“Vinyl! What was that thing?! Are there more?!” I think I’ll deflect this.

“That was the first time I ever saw something like that. Sun’ll be able to answer your questions much better, I’m still new to all this.” I pointed at Sun. Twilight expectedly turned to Sun.

“That was a Grimm and for now, I don’t believe anymore would show up. They’re creatures formed from negative emotions of the soul like Anger, Wrath, Greed, Pride and so on. Something tells me that the anger from the ponies we encountered earlier formed that Nevermore.”

Twilight sighed in relief when she heard that no more of the Grimm will show up. "Oh, good." She said, "I thought we would have to deal with a lot of those."

She was treading on Murphy ground, I needed to interrupt that.

"Nevermore huh? I think I'll stick with 'Big Bird'. We should probably start walking again, this fight stalled us enough as it is."

We walked to the girls, with a quick stop at the rock to get Octavia and my bag. Twilight looked like she was thinking about everything that has happened today. Octavia looked much calmer now and seemed to look at Sun and I with newfound respect.

And I had no idea what Sun could be thinking. But I did know I was right, today is going to be a long day.

Depending on how exactly things turned out. But thankfully, we saw a road sign up ahead after a while of walking, turns out that not following the track directly and cutting corners saved us plenty of time. Especially since Rainbow or Fluttershy could fly and keep an eye on the tracks.

The sign read [Ponyville- 2 miles ahead]

“Finally!!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “We’re so close, I can taste it!!”

“Hang on Rainbow, not everypony here can be as fast as you can.” Sun told her.

“Oh COME ON!!” Rainbow complained. “After what you did against that Bird freak, I’m sure you could keep up with me.”

“Maybe… but what about everypony else? You can’t think about just yourself.”

"We'll get there soon enough Rainbow, it's just two more miles." I said. Sun smiled, supporting my statement. Rainbow groaned a little as she came back down to earth to be with her friends. Though, I did see her glance at Sun. Possibly for the comments that he made earlier.

"I can't wait to get to Twilights and have a bath. Do you have a washing machine Twilight?" I saw her nod… I think. Either that or she didn’t hear me. Hopefully, Twilight has something to help me out later.

“That thought does sound a bit relaxing, especially with everything going on back in my world. Just today, I had to stay low so the Prince of Yakghanistan doesn’t freak out if he saw me roaming around Ponyville.”

I shook my tank top’s collar so my chest could breathe in this nearly unbearable heat. “Why would the Prince of Yakghanistan freak out if he sees you?” I gave Sun a questioning look when I faced him, the collar snapping back to my body with a small wet slap.

“Not a lot of ponies, matter of fact creatures, know about me besides the citizens in Ponyville. Celestia wanted me to air on the side of caution so we had no international incidents.” Sun replied in a low tone of voice. “A lot has been going on as of lately, especially since Chrysalis and Mordred performed a coup on the other changeling hives.”

“Who the heck is Mordred?” I whispered to Sun. “Also, you might not want to mention anything about Changelings to those six. The wedding hasn’t happened yet so ponies don’t know about them.”

Ignoring that, Sun whispered back. “Mordred is one of the five changeling queens. Queen of Anger. She and Chrysalis laid siege to the other hives and used someone as Adam Taurus to kill the other queens. I’m having to live with the heirs of the queens that were killed in Fluttershy’s cottage.”

I blinked and whispered, “Wow, your Equestria really is different. But damn, it sucks for those heirs, no one should have to go through that.”

“I know.” Sun says, looking up ahead. “Hey, is it just me or am I seeing a red barn up ahead?”

I looked to where Sun was and had a grin on my face. “Sweet! It’s Sweet Apple Acres!”

“Finally! Home Sweet Home!!” Applejack hollered as she trotted forth. I wonder how many times am I going to hear sweet said in a row? But at any rate at least we finally got to a site we could all appreciate.

“Dear Sweet Celestia, my hooves are killing me!!”

Really Rarity?

“Aw sweet! I can finally get to napping! And practicing for the Wonderbolts!” Shouted Rainbow.

Damn it, Dashie!

“Well, it’s sweet to get a break now if I do say so myself.”

Oh come on, Monkey Boy! You’re making this worse!

“Oh! I can’t wait to get back to Sugarcube Corner and eat all those yummy sweets again!” Shouted Pinkie.

Oh god, please make it stop!

“Well, my oh my. AJ, Who’s tha sweet fella’ over there under the tree?”

Granny Smith, you just made it worse. I give up.

“Howdy Granny! That there is Sun. He helped us get back to the Orchard after our train crashed a few miles back… Where’s Applebloom?”

“She’s out with those friends of hers, crusadin’ fer somethin’. Don’t right know myself.” Replied Granny Smith rocking on her chair. I said a quick goodbye to Octavia, she wanted to go let her family know she was safe. Around the time I sat down by Sun, Granny seemed to notice me. “And who is this fair lady?” I smiled and introduced myself.

While Applejack began to talk to Granny and the others, I turned around to notice a familiar Trio trying to get the jump on Sun. Maybe for a Show and Tell assignment back at their class. “Sun, How good are you with fillies?”

“I beg your pardon-?”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, MONKEY CATCHERS YAY!!!”

“NOT AGAIN!!”

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing when the crusaders got the jump on Sun. They ended up in a pile with the three crusaders sitting proudly on top of a prone monkey boy. Only for him to straighten himself back up with Scootaloo hanging onto his tail and Sweetie Belle hanging onto his shoulders. Wow, monkey boy must be pretty strong to get up with three fillies that were on top of him. Now, Applebloom was standing in front of the Faunus. Shocked.“Still very ticklish…” Sun smiled, rubbing both of Scoot’s ears and careful not to mess with Sweetie’s horn. “But it’ll take more than that to try and catch me.”

“Is that a challenge?”

“No, it isn’t.” Sun sighed. “Besides, I’m trying to rest a little after fighting an oversized crow.”

“Well, I guess we won’t be getting our cutie mark in that.” Deadpanned Scootaloo from Sun’s tail.

“Yeah…” Said Sweetiebelle from her perch.

“Play nice Monkey Boy.” I said while leaning against the tree, eyeing them from the coolness of the shade. Sun’s response was to use his tail to place Scootaloo on his other shoulder and sit down, deciding it would be best to have fun and start to tickle all three of them.

Around now, I saw the three fillies rush over to Applejack after she called them over. But then, something else happened. A letter appeared out of nothingness and landed in Sun’s lap. Sun looked at the letter and judging from how his expression was, he could recognize something about the envelope.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Remember my cousin? The one that got Displaced as Gunvolt?”

“Yeah, why?”

“This is a letter from him. His seal is on the front.”

Monkey boy showed me the seal and it looked like a pair of slightly unfolded wings. “Oh, cool. Didn’t even know you could send letters to other Displaced. So… what kind of letter is it?”

“Let’s see……” Sun replied back, opening it and scanning the contents. After a few minutes though, his eyes widened. “Holy… Shit…”

Now my attention was grabbed. “What? What?!”

“Dear Sir or madam…… You are coronally invited to the wedding of Maxine Caulfield and Lance walker… Oh dear god, my cousin’s getting married.” He showed me a photo of what they looked like and… Oh my god, is that a filly Rainbow Dash? SHE’S SO CUTE!!!

“Awww. She’s cute.” I felt it needed to be said out loud. “So, this must be a shock I’m guessing?”

“Well, Lance did say he had to leave early to take care of something… wait…” He looked closer, now noticing something else. “On the Itinerary, there's a baby shower two days before the wedding… Oh you have got to be kidding me…”

“Well, congrats to them I guess. Never saw a point to baby showers myself though…”

“Right… Last I checked, Lance was 16… God, that thought makes me feel disturbed.”

I rubbed my chin in thought, “Well teen pregnancy is on the rise…”

“True… but you don’t know how old Max here is… and if she was like the usual case for Displaced… then she would be over 1000 years old wouldn’t she?” Sun asked.

“Well… it depends, was she trapped in stone… or actually living those past 1000 years?”

“Trapped I believe. I don’t know all the details… But I do notice a couple of things from this photo. The background was by a pair of statues of both the Princesses, but if you look closely enough, you can see that they’re memorial statues.” He told me, pointing out the details that even surprised me at first.

“Well if she was trapped then it shouldn’t matter… to me at least. Because let’s be honest I am also technically over a 1000 years old and if I date people in my technical age range I’d be with either the Princesses or Discord. And while Mr. Lancie is a fun guy, he isn’t really my type, neither are the Princesses.” I paused for a bit before continuing. “To be honest I don’t know what to make of those statues. But if you think that your cousin knows what he is doing and is a good judge of character… then you should at least give them benefit of the doubt until you actually meet this Max girl.”

“I am… but there's another thing… Looks like Max is Royalty.”

I rose an eyebrow, “Oh? Wow, it seems your cousin shot high and scored a bullseye.”

Sun facepalmed himself before Pinkie zipped in and surprised us. Looking at me, she said “Leave the jokes to the professionals,” before going back over to her friends.

I crossed my arms and muttered, "Tough crowd."

“Right… And on another note, Lance is asking me to be his Best man.”

"That's neat. You gonna do it?"

“Yeah, but I’ve never been asked to do something like this before. I’m kind of nervous.”

"No worries, I was a best man at one of my friend's weddings. It's not hard."

“Right… Hey, do you have anything going on in four months… This might sound awkward… But the letter says that I can bring a guest.” Sun said, showing me the bottom portion of the letter.

I thought about it, "Not really no. But if you want me to come I can."

“It’s your choice of whether you want to go or not. I’m not trying to force you or anything.” Sun explained, the Faunus straightening himself up. “Now, maybe we should get to one other thing before I head back home.”

"I'll come, it seems fun. So, what is the last thing?"

“Well… I believe it was something that you asked me.” Sun said, cracking his knuckles and stretching his hands and feet. “Didn’t you want my help in something to help you defend yourself?”

My eyes widened, we were doing this now? It would be best though, I'm already sweaty. "Oh yeah, so how are we going to do this?" I said while getting up.

“Well… THINK FAST!” Sun said, using his tail to cause me to trip and get behind me. “Better keep up if you want to get some payback!”

I narrowed my eyes at monkey boy and got back to my feet. I gave chase and threw a punch at his smug face. He dodged it, using an open palm to push my arm to the side and cause me to stumble forward. “You’re letting your emotions affect your attacks. You need to be calm and collected before you engage in a fight.”

“So why the hell did you knock me over!?”

“To evaluate your reactions and see what you would do.” Sun spoke again, “That way, I can see what we need to work on.”

"So what do we need to work on." I said after reining in my annoyance.

“Two things… First, you need to fix your stance and make sure your feet are firmly on the ground along with firmly using your arms when you attack. Second, and don’t get mad when I say this, your attitude.”

"What's wrong with my attitude?"

“You’re are angry. Stressed out… Pissed off perhaps. All of those factors can cause you to make mistakes in a fight. And a mistake is the last thing you would want.”

"I guess..." I trailed off.

“There’s no guess about it,” Sun corrected, “You want to help the girls right? So you need to do what you can and, to put it in your terms, not let the beat drop too early.”

"Yeah, you're right." I sighed, "So how do I improve myself?"

“You can’t improve overnight, but you do seem flexible to pull off punches and kicks…” Sun said, evaluating her actions earlier. “Maybe you should practice while listening to music. Nothing with Vocals, just instrumentals and let the flow and beat of the song allow you to come up with different combinations of punches and kicks. Oh and nothing slow. Sometimes, Aero Chord-Ctrl, Alt, Destruction helps me focus.”

I hummed, that sounded more my speed, I had plenty of songs to choose from anyway. "Can you show me the correct stances for punches and kicks and things like that?"

Sun nodded. “It depends on your skill level and focus. Just make sure to keep your hands open so if your opponent tries to strike first.” He showed me one that reminded me of a character from Street Fighter IV. I think her name was… Crimson Viper? Anyways, the stance was where her right hand was held around her upper chest level while her left hand was held openly around the lower chest. That seemed like my kind of style.

"You can counter?"

“Counters depend on timing and your opponent. Remember when you tried to punch me a few moments ago?” He asked. “That was me countering you. Anytime you try to defend yourself, you need to throw your opponents off their game and a good way of doing that is pushing their arms away from your body. That way, their face can hit the ground.”

“I see… That’d be better than my face.”

“That should be just about it. You can summon me if you have anymore questions okay?” With that, Sun used his token and leaped through the portal with a running start before the doorway closed. Now, I had another thing on my mind…

How the hell am I going to get the smell of sweat out of my clothes?

♫♫♫

I was relaxing in an actual bathtub right now. If I were to die this very second, I would die happy and content. I was finally clean once again, and my sweaty clothes were being washed in Twilights magic washing machine and dryer.

I was one content woman right now. The fact that I was suddenly becoming unbothered by these references to womanhood took a backseat in my mind. I just about to close my eyes when a bright golden flash of light shined next to the bathtub. Celestia stood next to me, just staring down at me.

Only briefly of course, when she saw me in my beautiful naked glory she back pedaled away instantly with a bright red face. She looked to the side and away from me in embarrassment.

I raised my arms in a 'What the Hell' gesture.

"Why?! Why do people barge in on me when I'm bathing?!"

Author's Note:

Crossover with FrostTheWolf and his story Monkey Business

This was a ton of fun, and funnily enough this chapter almost doubles the length of the story. Aint that funny?

Eh? Eh?