• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 523 Views, 9 Comments

Fluttersaiyan - TH3C001



Dako is a visitor to the land of Equestria. After managing to start a new life, his paradise and friends are threatened by an evil only he can stop. With an entire world's fate in the balance, Dako has no choice but to fight to protect what he loves.

  • ...
13
 9
 523

Chapter 4: Party in Ponyville

Chapter 4: Party in Ponyville

Fluttershy and I landed outside her cottage. Again, I was slightly winded, though not as much as before. To think that I used to wish I could fly everywhere I went is laughable. Before, I never how much energy it took to do something like that. Now I understand you'd be better off walking, even if it is slower.

We walked into her cottage, Fluttershy heading to another room before returning with a bag of food for her animals. She had already fed the animals outside before we left, now it was time to feed the ones inside. She showed me which animals ate which food, and how much to give them. I proceeded to do as I was asked while she went outside and checked the animals there, to see how much food they still had left. Now I had the first time alone since I arrived here. I had time to think.

"What am I gonna do? If they don't accept me?" I thought to myself, "Where could I go?"

"I assume I'll be here the rest of my life. I have to be careful. But what if they don't like me?"

I sat down on Fluttershy's sofa, resting my head in my hands, my elbows on my knees as I hunched over, deep in thought. If I thought I felt alone in the world before, I could imagine what life would be like if I were exiled and chased away from civilization. But perhaps it wouldn't go that way, after all, I had already made friends with Fluttershy, Twilight and Rainbow Dash. But would they, the Elements of Harmony, have enough credibility to defend me?

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh, oh, yeah I'm fine, what's up?" I replied.

"You don't look fine. Is something wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well... I'm a little, worried, to say the least," I mumbled.

"Worried about what?" Fluttershy asked.

I stood up from the couch and looked around the room first, before looking at her. She stared up at me with those beautiful, caring, blue-green eyes.

"I'm worried about the party. The other ponies. It's a miracle you and the others have so far been so accepting of me," I said, "But what about the others? What do I do if I can't get them to see me as just another... Pony?"

"Well, you're not a pony," Fluttershy pointed out.

"I know, but the thing is, look at me," I said, looking down at myself, holding my arms out, "Do I look friendly, approachable, or cuddly at all?"

Fluttershy looked at me, examining me carefully from head to toe.

"You're very tall, and threatening looking?" Fluttershy hesitantly uttered.

"See? I just want them to think of me as normal," I said, sitting back down on the sofa.

"But you're not normal, to us anyway," Fluttershy began, walking over to my side, "But you are nice."

"See, that's the genius of this party, if people... Uh, ponies, can actually get a chance to know me, everything will be great. But I'm afraid that as soon as they see me they'll instinctively run away," I said.

"Don't worry, me and my friends will be there for you," Fluttershy said, putting a hoof on my shoulder.

We both turned to the door as the sound of an object cutting through the air at high speed caught our attention. We heard a soft, dull thud at the door, before hearing a couple of knocks.

"Oh, that must be Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said, walking over to the door.

Fluttershy opened the door to reveal Rainbow Dash who quickly barged in. She trotted up to me and stared blankly for a few seconds.

"You there!" she said, pointing a hoof.

"Dako," I replied.

"Yes, Pinkie Pie set up a party for tonight, you have, like, 2 hours to get ready," Rainbow Dash said quickly.

"Okay, uh..." I said, looking around the room, "What do I gotta do?"

"Me and Twilight were talking to Rarity, and Rarity said she thinks if you had a tuxedo or something fancy made by her, you'd definitely make a good impression with the other ponies in Ponyville," Rainbow Dash said.

"Rarity has never even seen me before, and it sounds like she's trying to get business," I said flatly.

"Well..." Rainbow Dash said, scratching the back of her head.

"Also, I have no money," I said, "So, unless she's willing to help out a friend..."

"I guess that'll work, you have to ask her," Rainbow Dash said, "Now come on, we have to hurry!"

Rainbow Dash jumped into the air with her wings spread open as she glided over to the door.

"Wait," I began, "Is it a good idea for me to fly around Ponyville in broad daylight? What if someone see's me? I think I got lucky earlier by not being spotted."

"Don't worry about it, if things go smoothly at the party you'll be in, but you have to make it to the party first, so come on!" Rainbow Dash quickly explained before flying out the door.

I heard a loud swooshing sound as she took off, soaring through the air, leaving behind a rainbow streak.

"Fluttershy, I'm gonna go take off, will you be able to meet me there?" I asked.

"Yes, you go ahead, I'll be there," Fluttershy said.

I jogged out the door in a hurry. I looked up at the sky, trying to see if I could find Rainbow Dash.

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash shouted from behind me.

I jumped, spinning around quickly. Rainbow Dash started laughing, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Please don't do that," I said.

"Whatever, this time, try to keep up," Rainbow Dash said, flying past me.

I turned and blasted off as quickly as I could, struggling to reach her altitude. I followed the rainbow streak in the sky, but found I was quickly falling behind. I clenched my teeth as I tried to pull up just a little more strength, forcing myself forward. I started to see Rainbow Dash herself as she soared straight for Ponyville. She looked back at me and saw that I was gaining on her, before she shot forward in a burst of speed, a small white ring of vapor forming around her as she sped off through the sound barrier effortlessly. I winced as I was hit by the small sonic boom, my ears now ringing. I could already tell my new life here would be nothing but working to keep up.

It was only a short while after flying at such high speed that I found myself finally entering Ponyville. I looked down below at all the different buildings, slowing down to try and focus on each one. I hovered in mid air, panting, breathless and searching for Rarity's boutique while simultaneously looking over my shoulder to make sure I wouldn't be spotted by any other pegasi. My gaze finally falling upon the right building, I quickly shot down for it, completely exhausted from the flight. As I came nearer I saw Rainbow Dash standing by the door, looking at one of her hooves, casually waiting as she leaned up against a wall.

I swooped down next to her, dropping the last couple of feet onto my hands and knees, gasping for breath, sweat beading up on my face.

"Wooow, you're really out of shape," Rainbow Dash said unimpressed.

"Geez, do you gotta, fly so fast!?" I asked, coughing.

"What do you mean fast? That's my normal pace," Rainbow Dash scoffed.

I got up to my feet, still hunching over with my hands placed on my knees, huffing and puffing.

"Yeah, okay, break time's over, we're going in," Rainbow Dash said.

She knocked on the door a few times. I heard a few hoofsteps approach.

"Hello, welcome to- Aaahh!" Rarity screamed as soon as she answered the door.

I immediately stood straight upright and stopped huffing, taking a few quick steps away from Rarity.

"Whoa there! This is the guy me and Twilight were talking about," Rainbow Dash said, putting her hooves on Rarity's shoulders.

"W-w-what!? That thing? My goodness, what is that thing Rainbow Dash?" Rarity asked.

I nervously blinked a few times, feeling a few drops of sweat run down my cheek.

"It's simply horrid! Just look at it! Absolutely awful," Rarity continued.

"Uh..." I uttered.

Rarity quickly pulled me and Rainbow Dash inside. She trotted over to a desk and grabbed a measuring tape with her magic aura and levitated it over to me.

"This will never do, I simply must get you out of those dreadful clothes," Rarity ranted as she began tracing out patterns on a sheet of fabric.

"So, you were talking about... My clothes?" I said, standing there in disbelief.

"Well of course darling, what did you think I was referring to?" Rarity asked, cutting up some fabric.

"N-nothing," I said, chuckling.

"He thought you were talking to him," Rainbow Dash blurted out.

"Well, I must admit, he certainly wasn't what I imagined," Rarity said, stitching some pieces together, "But a lady like me knows better than to be so blatantly rude, I do have manners after all."

Rarity worked quickly, taking several measurements while simultaneously drawing out patterns before cutting them out of sheets of fabric. She quickly assembled a dress shirt and was already working on the pants.

"Heh, you're pretty good at this, I mean, for not ever making clothing for someone like me before," I said.

"Please darling, I've made hundreds of tuxedos before, for you I simply have to change the proportions a bit," Rarity said, now starting on the coat, "Would you like a tie or bowtie?"

"A bowtie works," I said, "So... Why are you guys doing all this for me anyway?"

"Well, you sound like a nice enough colt to me, I heard your story and decided I should do all I can to help you fit in here," Rarity began, putting the final stitches on her work, "After all, it's not like you can help your situation."

Rarity folded up the clothing neatly and levitated them over to me.

"Here you go darling, try them on, see how they fit," Rarity said with a satisfied smile.

She pointed a hoof over to a dressing room stall. I made my way over, shutting the door behind me. I quickly changed out of the clothes I arrived in. I examined my orange collared shirt. It didn't look so bad. Sure, I had it for a few years and it was starting to get worn out on the fringes, but it wasn't full of holes. I looked at my blue jeans. They were a new pair, still a dark shade of blue and had only been washed once. There was a little bit of mud on them around the ankles and knees though. I quickly put the suit on and stepped out of the stall.

"Whoa, looking fancy," Rainbow Dash said.

"My, you look absolutely dapper! Rarity, you've outdone yourself again," Rarity said, admiring her work as she levitated a bowtie around my neck, quickly tying it up.

"Heh, yeah, this isn't so bad," I said, looking down at myself, "Feels... Professional, I guess."

At that moment, Fluttershy slowly opened the door to the boutique, letting herself in. As she glanced around her eyes fell on me.

"Oh wow, you look great Dako," Fluttershy said, walking up to me.

"Thanks, are you guys ready for the party?" I asked, with a confident smile.

"You bet!" Rainbow Dash said.

Down at Sugarcube Corner the party was getting set up. When the rest of us arrived there, Pinkie Pie was almost done and the guests were set to arrive in ten minutes. Pinkie Pie was quick to warm up to me. Immediately she hopped over to me with an enormous smile, jumping up to hug me.

"Look at him! He's so tall," Pinkie Pie said, "We're going to be bestest friends!"

"Ah, y-yeah, say Pinkie, you're hurting me," I grunted as Pinkie Pie only squeezed me tighter.

"Okay girls, I see the first of the guests, quickly, hide him!" Twilight said.

It was getting dark now and the guests were beginning to show up, I was quickly led behind the counter where I was told to hang out for a bit. The plan was that when everyone had arrived, they would make the announcement that I was a new visitor to their town, as well as their world. They also made sure to make a point about my peacefulness, and that I meant them no harm. Hopefully things would go well, if not, I had already asked Twilight in advance about books on surviving in the wild, just in case.

I heard some music start up from the sound system. I was surprised to hear what sounded like trap music as I heard the snares rattle off like a machine gun, followed by the bass line dropping in to fill the rest of the beat. I was certain that Vinyl Scratch was responsible.

After a few more minutes of hanging out and waiting I could hear more and more voices as the guests continued to pour in. Soon the entire bakery was filled with the roar of a large crowd. The music thumped through the floor as I sat and waited for the last of the guests to arrive. Finally, the time had come.

"Alright, fillies and gentlecolts, we've invited you all here tonight to meet a very special new guest to our town," Pinkie Pie began, speaking over a microphone.

"Oh god, here it is," I muttered to myself under my breath.

"He is a friendly creature who comes in peace, and only wishes that we all accept him as one of us," Pinkie Pie continued.

I heard some confused murmuring from the crowd after Pinkie Pie said that.

"Uh oh, I wouldn't have used "creature"," I muttered to myself again.

"So, put your hooves together for Dako!" Pinkie Pie said.

Following my cue, I stood up slowly from behind the counter as a spotlight lit up on me. I turned to face the crowd, holding a hand in front of my face to block the bright light.

A collective gasp came from the crowd, with a few scattered, frightened murmurs. Ponies here and there stared with wide eyes, their jaws hanging open in surprise. I turned to look over the crowd and saw Vinyl Scratch at the turntables, her own jaw hanging open as well, as she lowered her shades to get a better look at me, revealing her eyes.

"Oh, so that's what color they are," I said.

Immediately there was chaos. Ponies throughout the crowd started screaming and began to run around, the crowd trying to squeeze through the door all at once. I quickly put my arms out and waved them back and forth, trying to grab their attention.

"Look out, the monster's attacking!" A pony yelled from the crowd.

"No! Stop, please! I'm friendly!" I tried to shout over the crowd, still waving my arms.

"Everyone remain calm and exit the building in an orderly fashion-" Pinkie Pie began before being cut off, feedback from the mic screeching through the loudspeakers.

"Pinkie Pie! You're not helping," I heard Twilight say over the microphone as she pushed Pinkie Pie aside.

Half the guests had already spilled out of the bakery by now.

"No! Wait! Damn it all!" I shouted in frustration.

There was a large boom as the entire floor shook violently, the loudspeakers falling over, the microphone hitting the ground with a loud thud over the speakers. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks, even the ponies who had made it outside.

There was dead silence. Then, another loud boom, followed by a floorboard rattling tremor.

Everyone looked around with wide eyes, as dust was heard falling to the floor from the rafters above. From outside came a loud, deafening roar that made my ears ring and throb under the sound pressure, the windows, visibly shaking and flexing before shattering. Then, the screaming and chaos resumed as ponies ran around left and right, and those who were trying to get outside suddenly ran and hid deeper within the bakery.

I quickly hopped over the counter, running to the doorway as I heard screams outside. As I jogged outside ponies ran back and forth through the streets, several bumping into me and nearly tripping me as they went past. I stopped in the middle of the street, looking for the source of panic. All throughout the darkened street, lights came on in windows of buildings and houses as other ponies looked out to find the source of panic as well. In the dim moonlight, I saw it.

Faintly lit by the moon, I saw a large scaly creature with spikes all down its back and dark red come trudging down one of the streets as terrified ponies continued to run all around, looking for any shelter they could find.

The group had now run out to join me, watching in horror.

"Is that a-" Rainbow Dash began.

The dark night air was filled with a flash of light as an enormous stream of flame erupted from the dragons mouth, setting several buildings ablaze, filling the air with the sound of roaring fire and the crackling of straw roofs quickly burning.

"Holy shit it's a dragon!" I yelled out.

The dragon tilted it's head back and let out another ear piercing roar, the ponies and I quickly covering our ears, ducking down reflexively as glass shattered from windows all around.

"What attracted it?!" Twilight yelled out over the frantic screams of running ponies.

"I don't know, maybe it was the music!" Rainbow Dash shouted back.

"Um, I think I might know..." Pinkie Pie said sheepishly, an embarrassed look on her face.

"Pinkie!" the group yelled.

"What!? You told me to invite everyone!" Pinkie Pie shouted in defense.

"I didn't mean a dragon!" Rainbow Dash shouted, pointing at the dragon.

The dragon turned toward us, and let out another breath of flame. Everyone screamed as the torrent of flame neared, the intense heat causing me to shield my face as I ducked, preparing for the blast. I shut my eyes tight as I heard the loud roar of flames and felt the hot gust blow past us. As the light faded away and the night air grew cool again, I opened my eyes and looked around. Twilight quickly put up a shield of magic all around us, deflecting the flame. All around the edges of the shield the ground was scorched, smoke rising from the charred black surface.

"Is everyone alright?" Twilight asked, dropping the shield.

"I think so," Rarity said.

Pinkie Pie screamed at the top of her lungs, we all turned to see one of the dragons feet coming down toward us. I shot my arms up into the air, holding them high over my head. The ponies ducked down as the dragons foot slammed down on my arms.

I grunted as I tried as hard as I could to hold up the dragons immense weight, dropping to my knees as the dragon pressed down. I prepared to be folded and then flattened under the weight as I felt my arms start to tremble, I knew I couldn't hold the weight much longer. Thankfully the dragon lifted his foot off of me. I glanced down and noticed the ponies staring up at me in disbelief.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"Look out!" Fluttershy screamed.

The ponies ducked as I spun around to see the dragons tail swing right at me, knocking the wind out of me as it made impact, throwing me back. I flew straight through the wall of the bakery, chunks of plaster and splinters of wood blasting out of the wall as I ripped through head first. I crashed into a few of the tables that were set up for the party. I lied on the floor as I rubbed my head, trying to brush off the pain.

I looked up through the broken window, outside I heard the screaming of the girls as they began to run. I quickly jumped up, running toward the shattered window as I watched the dragon taking a few long, slow strides after the group, the ground shaking with each tremendous thud. I clenched my teeth and ran as fast as I could, jumping out the window and taking flight, slamming into one of the dragons legs as hard as I could, taking it's feet out from under it.

The enormous, towering reptile fell forward slowly, it's entire body hitting the ground with an ear splitting boom that I could feel in my chest. The sound echoed off the mountains like distant thunder.

The sound of screaming ponies continued to fill the night. I slowly stood up and looked around.

"Guys! Where are you!" I shouted.

I heard a voice call out over my shoulder.

"Over here!" Rainbow Dash called.

I turned to see the girls hiding in an alley way. One by one, they slowly walked out to stand next to me, watching the dragon carefully.

"Is it dead?" Fluttershy whimpered.

"I don't think so, I did see it smack it's head on the ground pretty hard though, he's probably knocked out," Twilight reassured.

A few other ponies had stopped all around, staring at the dragon that lied in the street. More began to join in, a small crowd forming around the dragon.

"How the heck did you do that?" Rainbow Dash asked me.

"I don't know," I said, "You guys were in trouble, my instincts kicked in and I, I just tackled him."

We stared at the dragon, watching closely for any signs of life. His tail twitched slightly, causing everyone to jump.

"Ah! It's awake!" a pony shouted, setting off another frenzy as the ponies scattered away.

The ground shook gently as the giant dragon began picking itself up, a low growl coming from the angered beast, a few thuds and shakes as it put its enormous, clawed feet to the ground. It rose up again, back on it's hind legs and tilted it's head back. We all covered our ears in time, just before it let out another, angry roar. This roar was the loudest yet, thundering through the ground and into your feet, rattling every bone in your body. It was enough to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

"Dako! Do something!" Twilight shouted.

The dragon cocked back one of its enormous arms and prepared to swipe at a building. I raised an arm and charged up a small, pale orange ball of energy, firing at the dragons back. The blast hit with a small flash of smoke and a dull bang. It wasn't damaging, but it did get the dragons attention. As it turned it's enormous head it stared right at me with angry eyes. The girls ran back down the alley as the dragon turned towards me.

"Hey! Dinner is this way!" I shouted, as I turned and started running down the street.

I felt the enormous ground shaking thuds, one after another as the dragon followed after me. I picked up speed as it roared once more. I looked back to see it spreading it's gargantuan wings, blocking out the light of the moon. It flapped downward, the tremendous gust of air blowing against my back as it lifted off the ground. I jumped, taking off as well with the dragon in tow. I could hear the violent churning of the turbulent air each time the dragon flapped it's wings, another head pounding roar.

I flew off away from Ponyville, leading the giant away from the ponies. I looked back to see how far I was when I saw the bright yellow glow as the dragon opened its mouth, a fountain of flame spewing out. At this angle I was able to see it's humongous teeth as fire spilled out of it's mouth, in a desperate effort to roast me. The dragon simply flew forward through it's own cloud of flame, unable to hit me.

I stopped mid-air, watching the dragon approach. It was moving much faster than I thought, my eyes widening as it swiped at me with its arm. I tried to shield myself with my forearm, it's claws slashing at me, each one like a sword. I fell down, tumbling through the air, clutching my bloodied arm. The dragon dove, following after.

I managed to stop myself mid-air, only a few hundred feet over the trees, the dragon closing in on me.

"Okay pal, I didn't wanna have to do this," I muttered, cupping my hands together.

The dragon roared as it flapped it's wings harder, intent on reaching me. I could hear the air whistling and rushing over it's scales as it picked up speed. I pulled my cupped hands back beside me, a bright blue light flashing and pulsating.

"Ka, me," I began.

As the reptile closed in it extended its arms out in front of it, ready to attack.

"Ha, me," I continued, the blue light quickly growing in intensity.

The dragon let out a final roar as it closed the gap between us, covering the distance in no time at all.

I thrust my hands forward, looking through one open eye as I aimed, letting everything loose.

"Ha!" I shouted.

Cutting through the darkness of the night, a bright, blinding beam of blue energy shot out from the palms of my hands, lighting up the landscape below, the treetops bathed in the pure blue light of the beam. A powerful gust of wind blew past me as my ears where filled with a roaring sound similar to a waterfall, the powerful beam thundering towards the dragon.

Impact. As the blast collided with the thick, scaly armor of the dragon, the beast reared back in retreat as the incredible beam threw the dragon back.

The beam flickered out and the intense blue light was replaced with the pale light of the moon as I watched the dragon fly off into the distance, headed for the mountain range.

I wasted no time heading back to Ponyville. As I made the final approach over Sugarcube Corner my flight cut out as I fell to the ground. I landed hard, sliding down the street a little ways before coming to a stop. I rolled onto my back, breathing heavy, trying to catch my breath, exhausted from the massive expenditure of energy. I turned my head onto its side and saw the girls running toward me.

"Dako! Are you okay!" Fluttershy called out, rushing to my side.

"I'm fine, I just, need a rest," I said between breaths.

"That was amazing," Twilight said.

"You saved us!" Pinkie Pie shouted, "Hip hip hooray!"

The other ponies in Ponyville all came out of their hiding places. They gathered around. A few started to stomp their hooves and cheer. Eventually, the entire crowd was whistling and cheering. I struggled to sit up, looking all around at the smiling faces. Everypony was stomping their hooves and jumping with joy. I struggled to my feet and stood up amongst the crowd, barely keeping my balance, feeling incredibly dizzy. I looked through blurred vision at the entire crowd that had gathered, feeling myself sway, my head spinning. I put a hand behind my back and bowed in front of the crowd, before falling forward to the ground, everything going black, as I passed out, the cheers of the ponies echoing in my ears.

Author's Note:

Hot damn. That was exhausting... when I wrote it nearly a month ago at 4:00 AM. I've been holding off on posting this one in hopes that I'd already have Chapter 5 ready to go and I could keep at least a one chapter buffer, but, school takes priority, and I had to put this story on a back burner so to speak. I will continue as planned, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, as always, leave whatever feedback you can, and enjoy!

Comments ( 1 )

5867792 when r u going to add the other chapters

Login or register to comment