• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,891 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,891

CH-17: The Gala

3rd Pony POV

A few days later, the morning before the Grand Galloping Gala, the gang of ponies were summoned to Canterlot to speak with Princess Celestia. The letter addressed to the group lacked enough detail to tell them the purpose for their journey. Nonetheless, the seven ponies and baby dragon hopped on the train headed for Princess Celestia's castle.

While other ponies around them chatted among themselves, the Mane Six, female draconequus in disguise, and Spike sat quietly, trying to figure out the reason the princess had called them so soon. Twilight stared at her hoofs, her face scrunched up slightly in concentration.

'Why would Princess Celestia summon us before the Gala? Did something go wrong with the decorations? Or perhaps the Gala would be canceled due to an issue in another place? What if she found Discord and Maria?' Her heart thumped loudly in her chest and she swallowed dryly. Considering the many possibilities, the purple princess pony decided to calm herself. She was a princess now, and she had to keep a cool head in times of crisis.

Still, her mind wandered back to the possibility that she had discovered the draconequuses. She missed Maria terribly, though she gained comfort in the fact that although they lost Maria, they were able to make friends with the new unicorn. Oddly enough, Starlight shared similar qualities with Maria. But the idea was disregarded quickly; draconequus magic was easy to sense, and Maria wouldn't have taken that chance of being noticed.

Enveloped deep into her thoughts, Twilight began to nod off, unaware that they would be arriving at the Canterlot train station very soon.

"Twilight, we're here," Fluttershy said softly, nudging the purple pony with her cream-colored hoof.

"We are?" she yawned, rubbing at her eyes. She glanced out the window to see the fancy train station. She stood to her hooves, leading her friends to the exit. As she passed. all the other ponies, besides her best friends, were bowing to her.

"I told you, Twilight," Rarity said quietly behind a smile as she waved to a few handsome colts. "You should have brought your crown!"

"I don't need it," she insisted. "Just because I'm a princess now doesn't mean that I'm better than any pony,"

"But darling, look at all the attention you're getting! A princess in public without her crown is simply preposterous!" Rarity said dramatically. She sighed, smiling at her friend. "Still, it's your decision,"

"Thank you, Rarity," Twilight returned the gentle smile.

Starlight might've looked happy on the outside, but on the inside, her heart was racing with nervousness. Had she finally been found out? Was Celestia going to show her friends who she really was? How would they react?

'I didn't get to go top the Gala!' she whimpered in her mind. Still, she tried to calm herself. It's been almost a year. Discord was gone, the Gala was tomorrow, and she'd finally go back home soon after that. Then she wouldn't have to watch her back or keep herself hidden.

The group made their way past all the ponies, eventually reaching the outer gates of the castle. A brief moment of clarification from the guards, and they went in. In the largest throne sat Princess Celestia, and in the smaller, darker colored throne, sat Princess Luna. Princess Mio Amore Cadenza, or Princess Cadence-Twilight's step sister, stood on the other side, with Shining Armour, Twilight's older brother, by her side. The ponies all bowed for them.

"Princess Celestia, what's the issue? Will the Gala be canceled? Did you find Discord? What's wrong?" Twilight blurted. So much for being cool and collected.

Celestia smiled slightly at her frantic outbursts, knowing how Twilight usually reacted to situations that gave her little detail. "Calm yourself, Princess Twilight," she said, stepping down from her throne. The two other princesses followed, along with the colt. "There was an emergency meeting for the royalty of Equestria, Vietmane, and Mexicolt, and it requires the three of us to leave immediately. I've brought you all here because this particular meeting will keep us from finishing the preparations of the Gala and attending it as well,"

"So the Gala's canceled?!" Twilight asked in shock.

"No. The Gala will go on as planned, however, I'm leaving you in charge of it all," she explained.

Twilight's eyes grew wide and her legs began to sway. "She's gonna faint! Some pony get a fainting couch!" Pinkie squealed. Every pony looked at Rarity, who sighed, bringing out her trademark fainting couch for her friend. With a moan, Twilight fell back, missing the couch by a few inches. They all cringed, seeing her sprawled out on the marble floor.

Suddenly, she jumped to her feet, close to hyperventilating. "WHAT?! Me? In charge of the Gala?!" she exclaimed. "I-I can't!"

"Of course you can, Twi!" Shining Armour said, trotting over and placing a comforting hoof on his little sister's shoulder. "I know you might be nervous, but there isn't anything you can't do,"

"Right, Twilight!" Apple Jack said. "Plus, ya got yer friends here ta help ya!"

Twilight smiled a bit. "That's true," her smile was replaced with a frown. "But...what if something goes wrong?"

"Nothing will go wrong, Twilight," Rainbow Dash reassured her. "You're heavy organization skills wouldn't let anything happen. I'm sure this year's Gala will be better than last year's!"

"If you all assist Twilight, I'm sure this year's Gala will rock!" Princess Cadence said. "It's such a shame I won't be there to enjoy it though," she came over to Twilight and wrapped her in a warm embrace.

Twilight smiled broadly as she returned the hug. When she stepped back, her confidence had been boosted. "I can do it," she said, turning to Celestia. "You can count on us!"

Celestia smiled warmly. "I knew I could," she said. "I'm afraid we must be going now. The carriage is waiting for us outside." The sun princess started towards the door.

"Good Luck, Twilight Sparkle," Luna said as she followed her sister.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Shining Armour asked his wife. She rolled her eyes, pecking him on his cheek.

"I'll be fine, dear," she reassured him. "I'll be back in a few days,"

"Alright, just be careful," he said, pulling her in for a quick farewell embrace. Starlight watched the love between the couple longingly. It reminded her of Discord, and her feelings for him. She vaguely wondered if he still loved her? Or if he was still going to be possessive of her?

She snapped out pf her daze, waving goodbye to the three princesses. As they departed in the golden carriage-pulled by four male pegasus ponies, Twilight turned to her team.

"Alright girls-and Shining Armour, we've got a Gala to prepare. Let's get to it!"


The next morning in an unknown location...

Starlight Treasure yawned and rolled over, blissfully unaware that she was being watched.

Discord sighed as he watched the Maria in disguise sleep, imagining what would happen if he was there with her. For a second, he was tempted to teleport to her bedroom and stroke her mane while she slept, or to kiss each of her cute little freckles.

But no, he had to wait just a little longer. His plan would soon be put into effect. What with the three main princesses out of the way, it would be easy to sneak around. However, he had to be cautious. Though Maria was unaware of his presence, she could feel his magic -- which wasn't easy to hide. He had to sneak his way in, earn her trust, then take what is rightfully his-

'No,' he thought. 'That's the exact reason she stopped loving me. She doesn't belong to me...yet,'

"What's the plan this time?" a familiar voice asked. Pulled from his thoughts, the Lord of Chaos looked over his shoulder at the mirror. On the mirror was his reflection, one that he had no control over. It was his other half, his chaotic conscious mind he had discovered as he hid himself away. "I say, you just swoop in and ponynap the girl. The otheors won't suspect a thing,"

"No, I can't do that," the original Discord growled. His eyes softened as he watched the mare sleep peacefully. "I have to convince her to be mine. If I force her, she will hate me, and I don't want that,"

"Who cares if she doesn't like you?" his reflection asked. "She'll be yours and yours alone. If she tries anything, you can convince her in other ways,"

"I will not put a love spell on Maria," the original spat at his own consciousness.

The mirror Discord shrugged. "It was just a suggestion. You don't have to be so harsh,"

"Just shut up will you? Geez, why couldn't you have been one of those cricket consciences I heard about? Then I could just step on you when you're being difficult," he sighed. "I've already got a plan. A plan that will work," he said, "You'll be mine, my dear. Very soon..."


Later that morning at the spa...

"This is...amazing," Starlight cooed.

"Isn't it?" Rarity asked. "I could stay here forever,"

"i agree," Fluttershy said. "This is just...perfect,"

The three mares were soaking in a mud bath, green muck on their faces and cool cucumbers to top it all off. Starlight couldn't remember another time when she was this relaxed. She could have fallen asleep right then and there. Moments later, one of the spa ponies came in.

"Are you girls ready for the next treatment?" she asked.

"Five more minutes," Star muttered.

"I'm sorry, but there's another group waiting for these tubs," she said quickly. "But if you come with me, I'll take you to the massage tables,"

"Oh! That's my favorite part!" Rarity said. She took one of her muddied hoofs and peeled off the cucumber. "Let's go,"

Star muttered something, but complied. As she stepped from the tub, she took both her cucumbers off and ate them. Fluttershy climbed out of her tub and they toweled themselves off and tied on their bathrobes.


"Can this day get anymore perfect?" Rarity asked. She levitated a fashion magazine as one of the spa ponies did her hoofs. Her purple mane was in curlers. Her friends looked the same, only Fluttershy appeared to be dozing off as a pony massaged her wings as her hoofs were being polished.

"I don't think so," Fluttershy sighed.

"That's highly impossible. I don't think anything can top this. And we're going to the Gala later tonight? I can't remember a happier time," Maria said.

"Agreed," Rarity said.


The Mane Six were reunited several hours later, dressed in their Gala attire.

Fluttershy's reconstructed dress was an emerald green, the bottom flowy with several yellow butterflies stitched into the fabric. Her salmon-colored hair was left down, a vine-like headband wrapped loosely around her head. The neckline was also vine-like, with a single yellow rose on the side. Her hooves were placed in delicate green slippers.

Apple Jack's gown was a tinted orange, with a short bottom that reached the top part of her calves. Where the cloth met along the neckline was a medium-sized ruby, resembling a juicy red apple. Her hoofs were sheathed inside some orange cowpony boots. Her mane was put into a side ponytail, with some hair left to part across her forehead, curling under her ears. On her head sat a hat similar to hers, but with more of a curve on the outer edges.

Rainbow Dash's was a dark blue gown, with a few gems spread out across the bottom that shone different colors depending on the way the light shone. Her rainbow hair was left down in curly waves, a yellow headband with her cutie mark stitched on it sat atop her head. Her hooves were dressed in simple blue slippers with lace that wound up her leg.

Twilight's gown was a light blue, with glitter on the bottom half. The collar puffed up some around her neck. Her purple mane was braided, falling across her shoulder in an array of shades of purple. On her head sat a simple crown with several violet jewels. Her hooves were placed in dainty, dark blue slippers, with a purple gem on each shoe.

Pinkie Pie's dress was cream colored, with pink swirls in the fabric. Her mane was up in it's usual puffy mess, but with a hair pin of her cutie mark holding down some of the craziness. Her hooves were put in white slippers, with a white rose on the top two hoofs and lace that snaked around the bottom part of her leg.

Rarity's dress was white, with blue trimmings. Around her mid half was a small blue bow, almost making it appear that she had wings. Her mane was curled, with a white headband like a halo around her head. Her hooves were sheathed in plain white slippers.

Starlight Treasure's gown was a crimson velvet, with rippled features at the back, falling just above her calves. The neckline was a simple silk necklace with a red and orange gemstone. Her mane was pinned up in a fancy ponytail, with her bangs falling over her right eye. Her hooves were wrapped in plum-colored, silk-like laces that wrapped around her legs. Atop her head sat a violet and cream colored headband, with a pure white flower pinned to it.

They were all dressed beautifully, and there was no doubt in their mind that the Gala would go off without a hitch. The gates opened, and ponies began to file in. The main room was set beautifully -- the orchestra played soft music, and there was soft moonlight pouring in from the open curtains. The Grand Galloping Gala seemed to be perfect.

But somewhere, a villain, blinded by his love for another, would soon strike, and life would never be the same for any of them...

Author's Note:

The next chapter will resemble DF's plot, but please bear with me...