• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,891 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,891

CH-13: Discord Rules, Celestia Drools

((Credit to DisneyFanatic2364 for inspiring the ice rink scene!))


Twilight and Spike looked through the many books that were found in her library. The outside world was, as you know, chaotic. All her friends were acting strangely, and it was Discord's fault. He had also forced one of her new friends into being his partner.

"Have you found anything, Spike?" she asked. Her violet eyes skimmed the library. Most of the books were pulled out and laid open on the floor. Her horn glowed as she levitated another book from the shelf and opened it.

Useless.

She tossed the book into a pile and grabbed another one. Her dragon companion, Spike, reached for one on the highest shelf, his claw grasping a rather large book. "Nothing yet, Twilight," he grunted, bringing the book down to the ground. His foot slipped on an open book and he fell, the book landing on its spine, making it open.

Twilight groaned as she saw her assistant sprawled out on the ground. "Spike! This is no time to be taking a nap!" she said. "We have to find a spell that will help us find the Elements of Harmony!" She was about to step over the book to get to Spike when she noticed that the book had a secret compartment.

And the elements hidden inside.

"Spike, you found the elements!" she gasped in relief. Spike jumped to his feet.

"I did?" he looked at the book he dropped. "Oh yeah, I guess I did!"

"Now we can defeat Discord, turn everything back to normal, and save Maria," she cheered. She closed the open book, gathered the baby dragon on her back, and galloped out of the messy library to find her friends.


"Discord?"

"Yes?"

"I can't do this,"

"Sure you can. Just move your feet,"

"I'm not moving my feet. I'll fall."

"No you won't,"

"Yes I will,"

"Do you want some help?"

"...Fine,"

I stood still as I heard Discord glide across the frozen lake. My eyes stared at the ice skates that were tied to my feet. The main part of it was white, while the trimming and laces were a light shade of violet. My arms were outstretched slightly in order for me to keep my balance. The purple scarf around my neck billowed in the chilly breeze.

Yes, Discord was teaching me to ice skate. I refused to learn, but he was persistent, and I gave in. He took me to a lake located near the Everfree Forest and froze the area around it. It looked pretty odd, really. Having a frozen lake and a bit of snow while the surrounding area was humid and clear of moisture.

My eyes glanced upward as Discord skated in front of me, my body rigid as the ice we stood on. I dared not move as he circled around me. "What are you doing?" I asked, my eyes following him as best as I could.

"I should ask you the same thing," he mused. "Why are you like that?"

"Because I don't wanna fall," I growled. "Now are you gonna help me or not?"

He chuckled, and I felt him take my clawed hand in his and wrapping an arm around my waist. I relaxed a bit, but not enough to move.

"Why are you making me do this?" I mumbled.

He ignored my question. "Now, just move your feet. It's like walking,"

"But I'm walking on slippery ice! I could slip and fall, probably getting a concussion, then I won't remember anypony, or worse, I would fall through the ice! And I'll be a draconnepopcicle!" I panicked. "I don't wanna be a popsicle!!"

"Calm down, Maria," he assured me. "I won't let you fall. Besides, I highly doubt falling on the ice would be harmful,"

"But-"

"Just trust me," he urged. "If you fall, I'll catch you. I promise,"

I took a deep breath. "Let's just get this over with," I groaned.

"Excellent! Now, all you need to do is glide your feet. See?" he said cheerily, taking a step and gliding across the ice. I squeaked and went rigid. "Come now, there's nothing to worry about. Just take a step and glide,"

I nodded slightly, relaxing my body just enough for me to take a step, gently pushing myself off with the other foot. Discord mimicked my movements, and together we slid a few feet. I tried it again, growing braver with each stroke. Soon, we were gliding across the ice. I relaxed quite a bit, allowing me to move freely, unbound by my fear of falling on the ice.

"Are you ready to try by yourself?" Discord asked suddenly.

"Wha-no!" I said. I felt the arm around my waist begin to loosen and I panicked. "I can't!"

"You can," he said patiently. "Just try. I promise you won't fall,"

"O-ok.." I said uneasily. "You better catch me, or I swear, I'll...I'll....you just better catch me!"

He chuckled. "I will. Now...I'm going to let you go." he said carefully. His grip loosened a bit more and I tensed. " Don't panic, just keep moving, okay?"

I took a deep breath, nodding. his hold on me disappeared, and despite how calm I was trying to be, my legs locked up again. I tried to keep my thoughts cool and collected. My breath came out in cool puffs of air, tickling my nose. With another reassuring glance at Discord, I took a step on the ice and pushed myself off. My balance went awry for a moment, and for a second, I thought I was going to fall. 'You can do this, Maria...just keep calm and breathe,' I thought to myself. I repeated my steps, and ended up skating farther than a few feet. Discord cheered, skating right beside me.

I beamed with pride. I was actually skating! It felt almost as good as flying. I giggled at how much fun this was. Suddenly, Discord grabbed my paw, leading me around the lake. He spun me a few times, brought me down for a dip, and kissed me. In that one moment, I felt alive.

Too bad the moment hadn't lasted forever.

"Discord!" a certain purple pony yelled. In the spur of the moment, Discord let out an annoyed growl, snapping to make the snow and ice disappear, teleporting us to where Twilight and her friends waited.

I summoned a cotton candy cloud to lay on while Discord talked to the ponies. "Ah, Twilight Sparkle," he greeted her. "You do know that you've spoiled a perfectly good moment, right?"

"Can it, Discord. We found the Element of Harmony, and you're going to go back to stone!" she confronted him.

"The Elements, huh? Well, it seems you've clearly out-dueled me," he said. "I guess it's time to meet my fate," Placing some sunglasses on, he waved his claw over his stomach, revealing a big red target. "Fire when ready,"

"Formation, now!" Twilight ordered. The dull-colored ponies groaned, but still got into their usual formation. I noticed that Rainbow Dash wasn't present. ""Rainbow Dash", get over here!" Her baby dragon companion gulped loudly, taking the place of the cyan pony, who was nowhere to be found.

I held back a chuckle as I, too, produced some sunglasses from thin air, covering my eyes effectively. The Elements Of Harmony glowed for a moment, then sputtered, extinguishing their light. I thought it would've been obvious that the Elements wouldn't work, but Twilight was too irritated by the ponies who surrounded her to realize their mistake.

"Wha...why aren't they working?" she gasped. I decided to enlighten them on this fact.

"You see Twi, the Elements Of Harmony are based on Honesty, Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity, Loyalty, and Magic. You obviously haven't changed, but your friends aren't representing the Elements, therefore, they cannot work properly. Plus, Rainbow Dash isn't even here to power her element," I explained. "Now doesn't that stink?"

Twilight's ears went back as her violet eyes began to water. "But...but...our friendship?"

"Bravo, ladies! Bravo!" Discord clapped. "Harmony in Equestria is officially dead. Discord rules, Celestia drools!" he laughed.

"It's your fault the elements didn't work!" Pinkie said accusingly.

"Who are you talking to?" Fluttershy asked rudely.

"Any of you! All of you! I'm outta here!" she grumped, lurching away.

"Me too!" Fluttershy said. "I've got better things to do with my time then spend it with losers like you!"

"And I've got some new, better friends waitin' for me at the barn!" Apple Jack lied. Everypony trotted off but Twilight.

"Fine!" she said, trying to be angry. "I don't need you! With friends like you, who needs...enemies...?" a single tear fell down her face as she walked away, head hung low.

I felt a pang of guilt run through me as she did so. Discord didn't notice my unhappiness as he followed after the purple pony. "Twilight! You have to see what I just did!" he said, snickering. With a snap, he made a large pepper shaker appear above somepony. The shaker bobbed gently, letting pepper fall onto her, making her sneeze. The small sneeze that emanated from her caused the buildings to fall over like cardboard. Discord laughed hard, while Twilight watched gloomily.

"Come on, Twilight! You must get into the spirit of things! After all, this is your new home!" he said.

Her colors dulled as she looked around. " Not anymore," she sulked.

Discord watched her figure leave, before laughing triumphantly. I smiled at the sight, not noticing the two ponies who were closing in behind me.

Before I could react, a gag was tied over my mouth with magic, and a sickeningly sweet smell filled my nose. I passed out automatically.


Discord quickly made his way back to where his marefriend was laying, only to find an empty cotton candy cloud. His smile disappeared instantly, and he growled.

Who would dare take his partner?