• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,888 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,888

CH-16: Life After Chaos

Almost one year later...

(3rd pony POV)


It was a beautiful Autumn morning in Ponyville. Celestia rose the sun as she always did, making the sky change from it's midnight blue to a light indigo. Already, a few ponies were bustling about the town, attempting to get a head start on their day.

However, a certain mare slept in this morning. Her daily alarm clock went off at precisely 8:00 a.m, but she simply rolled over after slamming a lavender-colored hoof on the 'snooze' button. The gentle snores soon echoed in the small room once more, indicating that she had fallen asleep again.

Knock, Knock, Knock!

The slight disturbance caused the pony to twitch in irritation, but relaxed just as quickly.

Knock, Knock, Knock! came the noise again.

This time she was aroused from her peaceful sleep. She sat up, sleepy-eyed and dazed. The three note knock sounded once more, and she rolled from her bed. Her hoofs clacked against the wooden floor and she yawned, exiting her room, across the main room to the door. She yawned once more, feeling her jaw and ears pop. She gently swung open the door to reveal a fellow pony. Or rather, Alicorn Princess.

"Good morning, Starlight Treasure!" Princess Twilight said cheerily. "I have exciting news for you!"

Starlight yawned and blinked at the darker purple pony. Twilight smiled, before fully taking in her appearance. Her light magneta mane was tangled and matted against the side of her head, her dark green eyes were half lidded and clouded with sleep, and some drool was steadily drying around her mouth. Starlight's attempts to focus were of no use, and she was slowly drifting off to sleep while standing at the door.

Twilight sighed, using her magic to levitate a nearby pail of water, then dumping it on Starlight Treasure. She yelped as the frigid water soaked through her coat, chilling her and efficiently waking her up.

Starlight shivered, her eyes wide with shock and alertness. "I'm awake! I'm awake!" she shouted.

"Sorry, Star," the princess pony apologized.

Starlight Treasure waved a soaking hoof to dismiss her apology. "No, I should thank you. I've been sleeping later than normal, so this is a...nice change," she said.

Twilight then smiled. "Oh, okay then!"

"Would you like to come in? I need to go dry myself off as soon as possible before I catch a cold," Starlight said.

"Not right now," said Twilight. "I'm just here to let you know that Princess Celestia had invited all of us to the Grand Galloping Gala this year! It didn't go quite as we hoped last year, but it's still an honour for us ponies to attend. She sent us eight tickets!" She held up eight golden tickets, each having the Grand Galloping Gala written on them in fancy lettering.

The second pony eyed the tickets with growing excitement. "You mean I'm invited as well?" she asked.

"Of course! I had to remind Princess Celestia that you had recently moved here, but she's allowing you to go as well! So...here's your ticket!" One of the tickets were taken by a white orb of light, which levitated over to Starlight.

"Well, thank you!" Starlight said. "I'm so excited to go!"

Twilight nodded. "Oh, and before I forget, we're having a picnic later in the afternoon, so don't forget! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go let the others know that we've been invited again!" she trotted off with a friendly wave goodbye. Starlight Treasure returned the gesture and truned, shutting the door. Still soaked to the bone, she padded back to her bedroom, eyes fixed on the ticket.

"I can't believe it!" she cried happily. "I'm finally gonna go to the Gala!"

She squealed, throwing herself onto the bed. Her tall frame bobbed in the cushions before settling comfortably into the bedsheets. The ticket levitated above her for a few minutes, then she set it nicely onto the bedside table, propped up against the alarm clock.

Starlight rolled off the bed once more, using her magic to fix her bed, which was slightly damp from her wet coat. When her bed was clean and dry, she trotted into the bathroom, where she brought a bristle brush through her mane. It was mostly a dark velvet, but with white highlights, and was most always curled. With her tail and mane properly taken care of, she stared into the mirror.

"So it's been a year...?" she murmered to herself. "Discord's been gone for an entire year. And the portal should be open soon, and I can go home,"

"Starlight Treasure" then turned from the mirror. Her heart throbbed painfully at the thought of the escaped male draconequus. Even after he had become over-possesive of her being, she still yearned to see him, to joke around with him.

To feel his tender kiss once again.

It pained the fake-pony terribly so that she would leave without seeing him again. But, then again, it was better this way. If she never saw him again, she wouldn't be tempted to stay in this cartoonish world. She'd finally be reunited with her family. She'd be a normal girl again, with annoying freckles and a love for writing fanfiction. True, she'd dream about the happy times she's had here in Ponyville, but over time, they'd become nothing but fading memories; a story she had written once with a not-so-happy ending.

Yes, Maria Mohar would live on, discarding her pony life here in this world.


"Any pony want another cupcake?" Pinkie asked her friends.

"No thanks," Fluttershy said politely.

"Me neither, I'm watching my figure," Rarity said.

"I'll take one," Twilight said.

"Me too!" Rainbow Dash said. When she recieved her cupcake, she stuffed the entire thing into her mouth. "Pinkie Pie, you always make the best cupcakes! How do you do it?"

"Oh its nothing, really," Pinkie giggled innocently. "They're just like all other cupcakes, only I add a special ingredient in mine!"

"Oh really?" Starlight Treasure said, sipping on cold apple cider. "And what's that?"

"Love!" the pink pony said. Starlight raised an eyebrow, but shrugged it off.

"So...what are you girls wearing for the Gala?" Rarity asked.

"You're not going to try to make us another gown, are you?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe, but only if you really want me to!" she said.

"Well," Fluttershy said, "I was planning to modify my dress from last year's Gala,"

"I just bought a new one from Jewel's Dress Shop," Twiilight said.

"Mrs. Cake said she had an old dress that she'd give to me!" Pinkie squealed.

"Granny Smith is fixin' up one of her old dresses for me," Apple Jack explained.

"Oh, okay," Rarity said. "How about you, Rainbow Dash? Would you like me to make you a new dress?"

Rainbow nodded. "I don't really have anything else, so why not?"

"Perfect!" the purple-maned pony said, happy to have something to do. "And you, Star?"

"Um...I don't have anything formal to wear," Starlight admitted.

"Then I'll be glad to design one for you, darling!" Rarity said. She pulled out a clipboard and pen, along with her reading glasses. "So, what kind of dress do you want? I need colors, size, and prefered design,"

"Ok. I'd like my dress to be purple, whatever shade you'd think would look best. Size four and a half, if you will, and I'll leave the design up to the proffesional," she listed.

Rarity smiled at the lavander-colored pony. "I knew you had good taste!" she said. "As the Element of Generosity, i promise you will not be disappointed!"

Starlight chuckled, nodding. "I know. You are, after all, the best dressmaker in Ponyville,"

Rarity put away her writing tools and settled back down onto the blanket they had set down. "Aww, thank you, dear!"

"Forgive me for asking, but when is the Gala?" Starlight asked.

"Silly filly! It's at the end of the month!" Pinkie said.

"Which is at the end of this week," Twilight clarified.

Star almost choked on her cider. "Really? Why so soon?"

"Well, it's actually the same time it is every year. I just recieved the tickets this morning," Twilight explained. "Princess Celestia apologized for the late arrival of the tiickets, but we should be lucky they got here in time,"

"I heard she's still looking for Maria and Discord," Rarity said suddenly. The group quieted at the mention of their friend. "After Discord escaped, she assumed Maria helped him,"

"But that's not true," Rainbow Dash argued. "He put her under some weird spell that made her become his partner,"

"And it must've wore off towards the end, because she seemed to not want to be his partner," Apple Jack said.

"But if that's true, then why did she run off?" Twilight asked the one thought that rested in the back of their minds. "I mean, I know she left that note, but it does seem suspicious that she just left after Discord escaped,"

Starlight Treasure stayed silent as she listened to her pony friends chat unknowingly about her. True, she did leave immediately after the King of Chaos had escaped from his stone imprisonment, but she returned soon after, though not in her draconnequus form. It was too risky, seeing as Celestia knew that Discord had not really cast a spell on her. But Maria was unwilling to betray Discord for her own freedom. But Discord had arrived amidst the last few moments of their conversation, and he assumed that Maria would betray him.

He instantly became more possesive of the female draconequus, taking away her powers and leaving her helpess; something he had promised not to do beforehand. Though Maria was still infuriated by the thought, she still had a few romantic feelings towards him.

Her mind wandered to the time that she left Ponyville.


Maria's POV-MEMORY

Discord had escaped. There was no use in denying it. A shiver fell down my spine.

The Mane 6 spoke quickly amongst themselves. The Elements of Harmony still hung around their necks, with exception to Twilight's crown. Their attention had left me for the moment, and a plan quickly hatched in my mind.

I would leave Ponyville. Celestia was weary of my choice to help Discord, and no doubt she would link me to his escape. I have no choice.

I stood to my feet, ignoring the dizzy sensation in the back of my mind. I snapped, leaving a simple goodbye note to my friends, then teleported to the Everfree Forest.

It was there that I debated my next plan. The only logical step I could take was to disguise myself as a pony. I wasn't about to live in the woods by myself.

There was one problem: How would I accomplish a change spell?

I spent the next few days trying to figure out how to do it. Assuming it would be like teleportation -- where I'd imagine where to go and it'd happen, but sadly it was not the case.

It became a trial and error test. I'd try to imagine my new form, and snap. Every time, my pony form wouldn't last for more than a minute or so.

I decided to do try something else. I knew Twilight's library must have a spell book to help me out. So with some heavy concentration, I was able to summon a medium-sized, hardcover book.

Magic For Young Ponies

It was the same book Twilight was reading that morning at the castle. I turned the book over in my hands before flipping through the Table Of Contents.

An hour and a half later, I was going through the spell one last time. With intense concentration, a slight numbing sensation throughout my body, and passing out for a few moments, I found myself transformed into a unicorn pony.

Though the spell was successful, it took a while for me to master changing back and forth.

Nonetheless, I was able to do it comfortably. It was then that I moved back into Ponyville under a new identity-Starlight Treasure, a unicorn pony with a pink quill with a few sparkles surrounding it as a cutie mark. Her special talent is writing, and she is a very creative pony. It didn't take long for me to make friends with the Mane Six once again.

And so, I began my new life in Ponyville.


"Star? Are you alright?"

The magneta pony snapped out of her memory and faced her friends. "Excuse me?"

"I asked you if you wanted to go to the spa later with Fluttershy and I, dear. We always go the morning of the Gala," Rarity said.

"Oh...yes! I'd love to go," Starlight said.

"Are you okay, Starlight? You seem tired," Fluttershy asked.

Starlight did a fake yawn. "Now that I think about it, I am pretty tired," she said quickly. "I'm gonna head off. I just got an idea for a story and I'd hate to be up all night planning it,"

"Good idea," Apple Jack said. "I best be goin' too. Granny Smith might need some help with that dress,"

"Well, I'll see you girls tomorrow!" Twilight said.

The ponies went their separate ways, Starlight looked over her shoulder to see she was alone. After a moment, a white orb enveloped her, leaving nothing but an empty space.

The light appeared in her bedroom, leaving a female draconequus in its place.

Maria stretched herself in her true form. She couldn't stay like this for long, since either Discord or Celestia could easily sniff her out. Her yellow and red eyes shifted towards the ticket on her table.

"The Grand Galloping Gala...might as well make the most of it before I leave," she sighed.


In another part of Equestria...

Discord stared at the wall mirror in disbelief. His Maria was that pony after all! It seemed his special looking glass wasn't broken.

And what surprised him the most was that she had managed to hide from him for all this time.

"Soon, my dear," he purred, running a claw down the side of the mirror. "Soon we'll be together again..."