• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,888 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,888

CH-33: Feeling Not so Special

Over the span of three months, total chaos had erupted -- and not the kind Discord and Maria were used to.

Random and Chaos were polar opposites. Random was usually calm and sweet -- until you took her favorite blankie away, that is. And Chaos, like his father, was nothing but trouble, always getting into things he shouldn't and often making a mess of everything. Moreover, the twins would get into little baby squabbles over a something small, and it would take both parents to calm each of them down. Needless to say, the twins were becoming quite the handful.

Screwball began to feel left out. What with her parents always trying to keep her brother and sister at bay, she was often overlooked when it came to the smaller things; Discord no longer had any time to play baseball in the backyard with her, and Maria was often too tired from fussing with her siblings at bedtime that she didn't spend much time getting Screwy tucked in. She tried to make herself known, but more often than not, the twins would redirect their parent's attention. Eventually, she just gave up.

It was one night, the third month after the twins came home, when Maria noticed that Screwy was a bit down. Her appetite was on the brink of extinction, and it was beginning to worry her. As Screwball excused herself from the table, Maria sent a worried glance to Discord, who was trying desperately to feed Chaos.

"C'mon Chaos, just a few more bites-no, stop spitting it out!" he sighed. Chaos giggled, clapping his paws together as chocolate milk and cotton candy mush dripped down his chin.

Maria helped Random to finish her food, then helped Discord with their son. "Discord, I think something's wrong with Screwball," she said, speaking her worries aloud while trying to clean up Chaos with a damp towel.

"Whatever do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, she's seemed...sad lately,"

"Perhaps she's caught a cold?" he offered. She shook her head, poofing away the dirtied rag and attempting to coax Chaos into finishing his food. When he continued to let the contents fall from his mouth, she cleaned him up again. This time, she fixed some apple sauce, one of Chaos' favorite foods in the entire world. Strangely enough, the baby draconequus loved anything that had to do with apples, apple sauce being his favorite. Go figure.

"She's not sick. I think..." she trailed off.

"What do you think is going on with her?"

"I think Screwy feels like we've forgotten about her," Maria finished slowly. She fed a spoonful of apple sauce to Chaos, who took it greedily, grunting for more.

"What? Forgotten about her? Pshht, nah!" Discord said, sitting back in his chair.

Maria rolled her eyes. "When was the last time you played baseball with her?"

Discord thought for a moment, frowning. "Oh dear...I'm afraid you're right. What are we going to do?"

Maria shrugged, shaking her head slightly and feeding the last spoonful to Chaos. "I don't know. Should we say something? Let her know she still matters?"

Discord nodded. "That might be a good idea. Shall we put the twins to bed first?"

Maria nodded. Random babbled some unknown words, reaching out for her parents. Maria turned, picking up her daughter and standing from her seat. Discord did the same with Chaos. They went upstairs, doing their usual nightly schedule; changing diapers, singing a short lullaby, then tucking them into bed.

Unknown to them, Screwball watched from the shadows, tears filling her eyes as she listened to the song her mother sang.

Hush now, Quiet now

It's time to lay your sleepy heads,

Hush now quiet now, it's time to go to bed...

Screwball sulked back into her room, pulling her pillow up to her chest and sobbing. Never had she felt so alone.

The door to her room opened, and Screwball was surprised to see her parents standing in the doorway. Had they heard her crying?

"Screwy, honey, are you alright?" Maria asked. Screwball thought to lie, but instead found her shaking her head. A fat tear slipped from her eye. Maria was holding her daughter close in an instant, and she resumed her crying into her mother's shoulder.

"It's not fair!" she said between sobs. "They get all the attention, and I can't even play with you guys! I don't want a brother and sister anymore!"

"Shh, it's alright," Maria cooed, stroking her mane. When Screwball's sobs were replaced by sniffles, Maria pulled away, forcing Screwball to look up at her, wiping her tears gently.

"I know it's hard having younger siblings," she said. "but look at the bright side. You're a big sister."

"And you know what that means, right?" Discord cut in.

"I get to rule over them like you ruled over Equestria?" Screwball answered.

"So you have been listening to me! That's my little tyrant!" Discord said gleefully. He then saw that Maria had shot him a disapproving glare and he coughed nervously. "I mean-no, it means that you have the responsibility to watch over them and protect them from any pony who wants to hurt them," he corrected himself. Maria rolled her eyes again.

"In a way, he's right. You have an important job now, watching over Random and Chaos. Your father and I have to take care of them too, and make sure that they're safe and don't hurt themselves. Sometimes, that's a tough job, and it takes the both of us to do it right. I'm sorry if we've made you feel like you're not important, Screwy. I want you to know that if you ever feel like you're left out, just remember; you are special, Screwy. Don't ever forget that, okay?" Maria wiped away the excess tears from Screwball's cheeks again and planted a kiss on her forehead. "And to make sure you never forget..."

Maria made a little propeller hat appear. Screwball gasped and smiled as it was placed on her head. "You are our Screwball, and I promise that you will never, ever be forgotten."