• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,888 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,888

CH-24: The Letter

Author's Note:

A/N: I'm going to do a time skip. This takes place four nights later, after the kiss, meaning that it's Day 6. Discord has two days (not including the day the portal opens) to win Maria's heart.

Good news, though; we are nearing a very important time in the story. The question you all are asking is "Will Maria leave?".

Well, I can't tell you that. You'll find out very soon, though!

The next few days went by pretty quick, and Discord was growing desperate. He'd done practically everything in an attempt to gain Maria's love and trust back, with no visible success. After he had kissed her, she stayed out of arm's reach. By this time, Discord was willing to do anything.

But what was left for them to do?

Meanwhile, Maria was sitting at her desk, writing her first letter to Twilight. Her friends must've been worried sick about her. The quill flew across the page as she wrote, filling the entire page with words. When she had finished, she sat back and read what she had written.

Twilight-

I'm still living with Discord if you girls were wondering, but it's not as bad as I thought. He hasn't tried to hurt me or anything, but we made a deal; If he manages to win my heart by the time the portal opens, I will stay here with him. If Discord fails, I shall be going home to my original world.

Honestly, it's been difficult. He's been so sweet, and I have found myself loving him without realizing it. I want to give in, but I know my family is worried about me, and I must return home when the time comes. It's for the best.

Yes, I said it. I love Discord. But he mustn't know, not ever.

I am sorry to be leaving you all as well. You ponies have shown me that friendship is truly magic, and that no force is strong enough to break it.

On a happier note, my birthday is tomorrow! I will try to convince Discord to allow me to visit you guys to celebrate, (I know Pinkie Pie will be dying to plan for my party!). I can't wait to see you all!!

Sincerely,

Maria

She heaved a sad sigh, crumbling the paper. It was better for them not to know about the deal, her departure, and her birthday. Not even Discord will know.

Maria tossed the ball at the wastebasket, missing and making it bounce against the room. She disregarded it, summoning a new paper and writing a shorter version of the letter, detailing the fun she's been having and how they needn't worried about her. Without another thought, she used a letter sending spell with her fire, similar to how Spike sent Twilight's letters to Princess Celestia and vice versa.

She puffed out the candle that lit her room, flopping down onto the bed. Curling up, she fell asleep almost instantly.

In Discord's room, he sat on the edge of the bed he never used, absorbed in his own thoughts. He went through every possible way to get Maria to love him again.

"Still thinking?" Mirror Discord chimed in.

"Go away," Discord snapped. "I don't need your useless ideas!"

"Useless?" his image scoffed. "Using a love spell is not a useless idea!"

"I'm not going to force her to love me! I'd rather her love me on her own. What use is a love spell when the most important factor isn't even there?" he sighed. "I won't use any magic on her. If she leaves...then she leaves,"

"I told you this was a terrible idea! You're hurting, can't you see it? That female has more of an influence on you, and you don't even see it!"

"Well of course I see it!" Discord shouted. "I'm practically throwing myself at her feet, and she still rejects me! You think I don't know what's going on?!" His reflection went silent at his angry outburst.

"I...I don't know what to do anymore," he added quietly.

"It's easy, all you have to do is leave her,"

Discord shook his head."If she's leaving, I might as well enjoy the time I have left,"

The mirror image growled. "You are turning soft. The Master of Chaos and Disharmony has fallen in love with a girl that doesn't even love him! How pathetic is that?"

Discord clenched his fists, though he knew that he was right. It was the hard truth, and he'd have to face it sooner or later. Still, no matter how he tried to convince himself that he didn't need her, his heart would skip a beat when she'd look at him, or he'd feel some sort of electric shock when she accidentally brushed against him. Discord lied to himself over and over again, saying that Maria wasn't anything special. But his heart told him different.

'A heart,' he thought, clearly amused. 'A few years ago, I would've claimed not to have one. But it's there, beating in my chest. How does she manage to do this? Why her of all of Equestria?'

His thoughts dimmed as soon as he felt Maria's magic field lessen, alerting him that she had fallen asleep. He perked, teleporting to her room. Unknown to the female draconequus, Discord had been watching her sleep.

He appeared a few feet away from her bed, staring longingly at her. Her soft snores echoed through the room, and she'd shuffle and mutter something under her breath. He smiled, removing a stray strand of hair out of her face. Her face scrunched up for a second before relaxing once more. He wondered what she was dreaming about.

***

In Maria's Dream...

Maria was in a white room, with ponies surrounding her. Her abdomen was in total agony, and she howled in pain, clutching the handlebars on the sides of the bed in an effort to ease her pain. The painful throb of her stomach made her scream, and she desperately wished for it to go away.

"Make it stop!" she yelled.

"Maria..." a gentle voice called to her. She looked up, seeing Discord smiling down at her. "Just breathe. It'll all be over soon, my queen,"

"Wha-" she was cut off by another wave of pain. She grunted, biting her tongue and filing her mouth with the coppery taste of blood.

"Just breathe," he repeated firmly, planting a kiss on her sweat-soaked forehead. She whimpered, nodding slightly. Taking control of her breathing, she began inhaling and exhaling in a calm pattern. "Good..." he purred.

***

Discord watched her for a little bit, stilling when she muttered something. He leaned in to hear her better.

"D...Discord..."

His eyes widened. She had said his name? Clearly it must be a mistake!

"Discord..." she said again. No, she said it again, there could be no mistaking it. He checked to make sure she was still asleep. Her eyes were closed tightly, and she turned over, sighing in what seemed to be relief.

In his confusion, Discord stepped back, his foot crunching what seemed like a piece of paper. He picked it up, unwrapping it and reading it. It was Maria's handwriting, addressed to that pesky purple pony. His eyes widened even larger as he finished it, not believing what he had read.

So Maria did love him, and she didn't want him to know. What was he to do with this surprising news?

He reread the page for any other info, stopping when he read over birthday. Maria's birthday was tomorrow, and she wanted to see her friends, did she?

Discord quickly devised a plan, teleporting out of her room.

He had some work to do.

***

*Twilight's Library...*

Twilight Sparkle sat on her bed, cross-hoofed, reading the letter that Maria had sent to her. It was a relief to finally get a letter from her friend, and to know that she was alright was a weight lifted from her shoulders. The princess pony felt a twinge of guilt, seeing as she allowed her friend to sacrifice herself, though she was glad to hear that she was having a good time.

She tucked the letter in a safe compartment, ready to head to bed. She went downstairs first to check on Owlicious, who had busied herself with checking that all the books were arranged in a logical order, dusting them off with her wings as she went. Satisfied, Twilight traveled back upstairs, entering her bedroom.

She gasped in shock as she saw the grinning draconequus laying on her bed.

"Discord!" she growled, her horn glowing.

"Hey, I'm here to bring you an invitation," he said defensively, summoning a small envelope. She reluctantly took it, opening the seal and reading through it quickly.

"Maria's birthday is tomorrow?" she gasped. "Why didn't she tell us?"

"Well, she would've, but I told her not to," he lied. "I'm throwing her a surprise party, and apparently she wants you all there,"

Twilight skimmed through the note. "And...we're all invited?"

"But of course!" he replied. "Even though you all threatened to turn me into to stone, I'm willing to do anything to make her happy!"

"Happy? But why?"

Discord's cheery smile faded quickly and he avoided eye contact. "Because..." he muttered something incoherently.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, because..." he trailed off again. Twilight grunted in frustration.

"Come again?"

"I said, 'Because I love her,' alright?!" he snapped. Twilight's ears flattened against her head at the outburst.

"Wait -- love?" she asked. "You love some pony?"

"Don't say a word to any pony or I will take your horn and wings away," he threatened.

"I won't say a word," she promised quickly. "So, the party is tomorrow?"

"Yes, but I'll need your...help," he forced the word out. "Precisely Pinkie Pie's. She's the party planner, right?"

Twilight nodded, her mind going back to Discord admitting that he loved Maria. She remembered Star, Maria in her pony disguise, talking about some colt. Was Discord this colt?

She shook her head to remove the thought from her mind. "We'll help you. But only for Maria,"

"Thanks!" he said quickly, getting off her bed. "Oh and before I forget, congrats on the whole "princess" thing,"

She nodded mutely. With a nod, Discord left. She sighed, plopping down on her bed.

"Discord's in love with Maria," she muttered. "And Maria loves Discord. Who knew?"

***

The next morning, Maria woke up to Discord standing over her. She rolled over, pulling the blanket over her head.

"Now, now, my dear~!" he said, "You've slept till noon, I think it's about time you get up,"

"Five more minutes," she muttered.

"I really think you should get out of bed," Discord urged. "I have a surprise for you..."

She perked. Surprise? With an excited gasp, she teleported out of the bed.

"What's the surprise?" she asked, her face bright with eagerness.

He chuckled at her enthusiasm. "You'll see. But right now, you have to put this on," he wrapped a cloth around her eyes, cutting off her sight. She didn't say anything. He took her hand and lead her out of the room.

Maria's senses were on high alert, ready for anything. She could imagine the halls as they walked, eventually coming to the main room. The sweet, familiar smell of apple fritters filled her nose and she gasped.

She heard shuffling and numerous whispers around the room before the blindfold was taken off. Maria glanced around the room. Streamers of purple, white, and gray hung on the rafters, and there were balloons everywhere. She turned to Discord, who awaited her response.

"H-how did you do this?" she asked breathlessly.

"I had some help," he said, gesturing behind her. She turned, almost bursting into tears as she saw the Mane six smiling warmly at her.

"Happy Birthday, Maria!" they shouted. She was speechless. Discord had planned all this for her? What surprised her the most was that he remembered her birthday.

It was getting harder and harder to bear the thought of leaving him...