• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,888 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,888

CH-2: The Portal

When I got home from school, I threw my backpack to the side and rushed upstairs. It was my dad's day off and I knew he was in his entertainment room playing video games.

"Dad?"

His back was to me, and he was focused intently on the TV screen, which held a virtual soccer game. When I spoke, he didn't acknowledge me. I thought he had heard me though. I waited for his response. It normally took a while for him to pull his attention away from the screen. When I didn't get an answer, I strolled casually into the room. I watched the screen for a moment, barely interested in whatever was going on. My interests in video games was normally pointed towards zombie-slaying games. When I was standing next to him, I spoke once more. "Dad?"

This time, he heard me. "What, Maria?" he asked.

"What time is Mom getting home?"

"Around 7:30, why?" He had yet to turn his focused gaze onto me. I faced him, hoping my burning stare would make him glance at me.

"Well, I have a Parent-Teacher conference tonight, and it starts at six. I have to be there, otherwise you and mom will have to schedule a conference on another day," I explained. "It won't take too long, I promise."

My dad muttered something under his breath. He paused his game and directed a pointed look my way. I gave him an apologetic look, seeing as I had neglected to tell him.

"Maria, this is the last time I attend something without knowing about it a few days before. Got it?" I nodded my head vigorously. He says this now, but I knew that he would do it again. He turned back to his soccer game, and I left him to play.

Heading downstairs, I grabbed an orange from the fruit basket. Then, I spun around to grab a bottle of tea. I walked into the living room and switched on the TV. As I peeled the orange, I watched one of the reruns of MLP.

* * *

"Maria! Are you ready to leave?"

I jerked at my father's voice, realizing that I had dozed off. I stretched, yawning. "Yeah, Dad, I'm ready!" I called to him.

I stood, running my fingers through my messy hair. The unruly strands of reddish-brown curls were difficult to manage. I grabbed a rubber band from the counter and put my hair up in a pony tail. I looked into the mirror in the hallway to make sure I looked okay.

Piercing green eyes stared back at me, standing out from my light complexion. Light freckles peppered my small nose and my cheeks. I frowned at my appearance. I hated my freckles. They made me look younger, and they made me stand out, something I've hated to do. I'd prefer to just stand in the background and observe.

"Maria, let's go!" my dad urged. Sighing, I glared at my freckles one last time, then turned away from my reflection. Grabbing my notebook and pen, I made one last attempt to fix my clothes so they didn't seem so wrinkly, then met my dad at the front door.

* * *

As we approached the school, the sky was already darkening. The moon was visible on this clear night, illuminating the world with it's peaceful glow.

As I stared at it, however, an odd feeling grew in my stomach. I brushed it off, thinking it was nervousness as to what my teachers would say about me. I climbed out the car, and my eyes caught on to the statue that stood in the front of the school. On top of a large stone box, there was a large horse on it's hind legs, pawing at the air. It had been there ever since the school building was built. It was the reason we were called the Raging Stallions.

The statue seemed to have an eerie glow about it. I felt drawn to it for a moment, but resisted when my dad called to me.

"You seem distracted today, Maria," he said, draping a protective arm around me. I leaned into him, wrapping my arms around his waist. The many things I love about my dad is his attention to detail. I sighed.

"I'm just nervous about what my teachers will say about me,"

He chuckled. "You haven't been getting in trouble have you?"

I smiled. "Not at all. It's just a habit."

He wrapped me in a bear hug, and i inhaled his cologne. Dad always knew how to cheer me up. Planting a soft kiss on my forehead, we walked past the statue and into the large school building.

"Maria's a wonderful student!" Mrs. Klair exclaimed. "Why, just today, she read her story in front of the class. I have never seen anyone capture everyone's attention like that. Your daughter has a beautiful gift, and I encourage you to push her to begin writing her own stories,"

I blushed at the compliments, not wanting to hear them. I knew i was a decent writer, but I couldn't stand complements. As Mrs. Klair went on, I glanced at the clock, seeing that it was 6:54. I sighed, blocking out the ongoing comments from my writing teacher.

Finally I stood, excusing myself. My dad didn't protest. I stood out in the hallway, staring at the cheesy inspirational posters. I felt that odd feeling again. It was a mixed feeling of confusion and distress. It made me feel weak and helpless. I closed my eyes tightly to try to block it away.

Then, I felt as if I was being drawn towards something. Something tugged at my mind, pulling me forward. Unsure, I hesitantly followed the pull. I walked past teachers and parents, all whom stared at me curiously. Some of my classmates tried to catch my attention, and while I would have liked to chat, my thoughts absorbed nothing but the sharp tug on my subconsciousness. Curiosity made me want to pick up the pace.

When the pull died down, I found myself at the statue at the front of the school. Confused, I circled the statue. It seemed like a weird movie; the odd feeling, random tugging, and me baffled beyond belief. At one point, I would have expected the horse to have looked at me.

Finding nothing, I sat on the bench that stood underneath the horse. I stared up at the moon, as if I expected Princess Luna to give me my answer.

Hugging my notebook to my chest, I stared at the concrete below my converse. Was I losing my mind?

No - that pull was too real. I couldn't be imagining this.

"Hey Maria!" I heard someone call. I looked up, seeing Dean and her followers.

I had no clue what she was up to, and after her rude comment on my story, I didn't want to know. She approached me, and I stood. Better to be standing when she insulted me.

"That was a great story you wrote," she said, smiling. I stared at her. Was that a...compliment? From Beatrice?

Maybe I should get tested for insanity.

"Beatrice, are you...complimenting me?" I asked carefully.

"Of course, darling!" she giggled as if I had just told her a joke. "You have quite the talent. In fact, my dad knows a publisher. Perhaps I can convince him to take a look at your work,"

Despite who was talking, I couldn't help but hope she would be willing to do such a thing. "Seriously?" I couldn't hold back my hope. Little did I notice her followers were gathering around me. "Beatrice, I would be so grateful if you did!"

Her kind smile turned wicked. "Oh, I know,"

Before I understood what she was going to do, I felt someone shove me. I cried out as I fell to the pavement, my hands brushing roughly against the concrete. My notebook slid from my grip, skidding to a halt at Dean's feet. Chuckling, she picked it up. I stood, trying to get it back. Her croons held me back. Though I hated violence, I wanted to tear their heads off. It took all four of them to hold me back.

Dean opened my notebook, skimming the first few pages. "It looks like you put yourself in your story, huh?"

"Give me my notebook back!" I growled. I struggled against the girls. They were stronger than I expected them to be.

She continued to flip through the pages. I tried to calm down, believing that there was no harm.

RIIIIIIPPPP

The sound pierced through me like a knife. That's when I lost it. I froze as the sound grated against my ears. I felt like she was killing me when she ripped each page out. Slowly, as if purposefully trying to make me suffer, she tore the last page out.

I collapsed to my knees, my eyes blurred by tears. In my mind, I was confused as to why it hurt me. I could easily write up another draft. But, somehow, when she tore up that last page, I felt like I was dying.

"Stand her up," Beatrice commanded. Two of the girls stood me to my feet. I felt weak. My body was like rubber.

"Why?" I whispered. She laughed.

"Because I love making you miserable. You are everything I despise," she said. The girls let me go suddenly, and I was left to stand alone. I didn't move, though. I felt so weak.

Beatrice threw my empty notebook at me, and it fell to the ground. I didn't have any strength to retaliate anymore, so I stood there, staring at her with an empty expression. She aproached me, shoving me back. I didn't say anything.

Shove.

Shove.

"Come on, Maria. You have no more will to live? You don't care anymore?" she teased me. With a grunt and a sneer, she shoved me hard. Instead of shuffling backwards, I tripped over the bench, falling over it.

I braced myself then, waiting for the intense pain of my head hitting the bottom square of the statue.

However, my body then felt like it was being sucked into a vaccum. The feeling was dizzying.

I was spat out of the vaccum-like suction, landing on something hard. Probably the floor. I tried to lift myself up, but my arms rejected the movement. As I laid there, I heard a gasp. My vision went dark, but not before I saw a figure aproached me. Their words were lost in the growing darkness.

"It can't be...Discord?"