• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,891 Views, 230 Comments

A Discorded Love (My Little Pony/Discord) - JasminePosey



Maria was an average MLP fan, with an odd crush on the legendary Discord. When she is accidentally shoved into the portal between our world and theirs, she's gonna need more than her creative mind and new pyromanic powers to get back home. But will s

  • ...
24
 230
 5,891

CH-21: Resistance is Futile-Or is it?

It was a beautiful day in Equestria. The birds were singing, the pegasi chased the clouds away to avoid unwanted cloudy weather, and there was an overall quietness and peacefulness over the land.

Unless you lived in the dark castle in the middle of the Everfree forest. In that case, there were pink clouds raining chocolate milk most everywhere, and frightening creatures of every variety lurked within the dark atmosphere.

Inside the castle, however, a female draconequus slept fitfully, her worst fears playing in her mind.

Maria had collapsed onto the solid concrete floor. Her legs were like jelly, and her head throbbed from hitting the ground so forcefully. She barely had the strength to fill her lungs with air.

Above her, a familiar cackle echoed. "There we go! Now I won't have any trouble watching over you!"

"W-why?" she mumbled weakly, tears pricking at her eyes.

"Why?" he repeated incredulously. "Because you had trouble being faithful to me,"

"I didn't do anything!" she spat, a fire growing in her belly. "If you saw what you did, then you would have seen him force that kiss on me,"

He stopped, staring at her. Suddenly, a grin broke out on his face. "I knew you wouldn't cheat on me!" he said gleefully. "This makes this next part easier,"

"What part?" she asked, her voice dropping a few tones. She was able to lift her head just in time to see Discord holding Silver Knight by some rope. He had a cloth over his muzzle, but it didn't stop him from screaming through the gag. Her heart fell. In her gut, she knew Discord was going to hurt him for forcing a kiss on her.

But how was beyond her.

"I'm really happy to hear that you had no part in that act," he sighed. "Honestly, I never liked him in the first place. But don't worry, m'dear, we'll be rid of him in no time," He began to approach the edge of the balcony they were standing on. She let out a shriek as she realized what his devious plan was.

He was going to throw her best friend off the side of their castle. Placing the crying knight pony on the edge, he chuckled darkly. "What to do, what to do?" he sang. Discord turned, thinking to himself. His tail followed, knocking the pony off the side. "Whoopsie!"

Maria screamed. "NO!"

"NO!" she shrieked, sitting up suddenly and waking from her sleep. A squeak of surprise caused her to yelp again, looking over to see that Discord was standing over her form. "Discord! What are you doing in my room?"

"I-I.." he stuttered. "I wasn't watching you sleep if that's what you think! I, um, heard you having a nightmare, so I came to check on you,"

Maria sighed, "Thanks, but I'm okay now,"

"Are you sure?" he asked with genuine worry. For a second, it caught her off guard. She mentally dismissed it though.

"I'm fine," she insisted. She stretched, getting up from her bed. Suddenly, Discord began to snicker. She glared irritably at him. "What?"

"Oh nothing," he said, before breaking into a fit of giggles.

"What are you laughing at?" she demanded, though a small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.

Discord said nothing, but made a mirror appear. Maria snatched it up, glancing at it.

Her hair was an absolute mess. Unlike it's usual rat's nest, the constant tossing and turning forced her hair up into a funky position, matted against her head and sticking up in various places. In a way, it looked like something made it's nest, gave birth in it, then died.

She snorted, breaking into a fit of laughter. The two laughed for a few minutes, till they calmed down a bit. Then Discord saw her hair again and began laughing again. Maria, however, just smiled, teleporting to the bathroom to fix it.

After several minutes of yanking her brush through the snowflake and violet locks, she went back to her room, to find Discord gone. She looked around, half expecting him to pop up out of nowhere. When he didn't, she made up her bed. With a quick glance around her, she concluded that something was missing. She opened up the sack that she had brought and took out the Fire Rose in it's vase, setting it on her night stand. It's sugary fragrance filled the room almost immediately.

"That's better," she sighed, turning to bump into her housemate.

"Isn't that the flower you picked when we met?" he asked.

She caught her breath before speaking. "Yes it is. And stop scaring me like that!" she said.

"Habit," he said. "Now, how about breakfast?"

***

The two beings sat comfortably at the breakfast table. Maria insisted that she could summon breakfast this morning. With a simple thought and a snap of her fingers, a pair of waffles appeared on a plate before each of them.

"What's this?" he asked.

"It's a waffle. It's like a pancake, but it's crispy, like toast," she explained.

"It sounds chaotic," he grinned.

"You should try it with this syrup my mom used to make," she said. Snapping, she made five simple things appear; a fork, some powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and a small bowl. They both watched with interest as the powdered sugar poured about a cup of itself into the bowl. The milk did the same, adding a little bit of milk into it as well. Then the vanilla poured a little of itself into the mix. The fork began to levitate, stirring the ingredients until the substance is a frothy mix of pure sugary goodness. The fork and other items disappear, leaving a levitating bowl.

The bowl floated over to Maria's plate first, pouring a generous amount of icing onto her waffles, then doing the same with Discord's. He looked at it skeptically. Maria took a bite of her waffles, moaning at the taste. She hadn't had something like this since her visit here.

Discord hesitantly took a bite of the strange food. "This is magnificent!" he said. "Did you eat this when you were in your own world?"

She nodded, taking another bite. "It was a regular breakfast for me, really. My mom makes it better, though. Have you never really had waffles before?"

"Never," he said. "The only thing I really ate was paper, only because of the different tastes the books had. This is actually the first real food I've had in forever,"

She smiled. "Well, it's nice to have a little change," she said. "It keeps things from getting boring,"

"I couldn't have said it any better,"

"So what do you have planned today?" she asked suddenly. Discord looked confused. "You know? The deal we made last night? Surely you had something planned today?"

"Oh that," he sighed. He thought for a moment. "I didn't really think I'd get this far..."

"Really? And why's that?"

"Well, I didn't think you'd give me another chance," he admitted.

"You didn't really give me a choice," she muttered.

He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, um, you see..."

"You don't have to explain," she said plainly. "I'm giving you a chance, and that's all that matters, right?"

"Right," he said with relief. "So about what we're gonna do?"

"Yes?"

His mouth curled up into a grin and Maria shivered, nervous about what was going through his mind.