• Published 10th Mar 2015
  • 205 Views, 1 Comments

A Poisoned mind - Sloppy



Being a white changeling is one of the hardest lifestiles out there. odorata knows this all to well and opens up about all the heartaches she had to go true to become the changeling she is today

  • ...
 1
 205

First entry: friendship is magic? i doubt it.

Author's Note:

before reading this not that this is my first ever fanfic/story I’d ever written and my native language isn't English. Therefor expect typo's and grammar issues. So I don't need anyone complaining about them. However feel free to send me comments on what I done wrong and how I can improve.

A journal entry? What to write here? Okay, so i never done this before but some pony insisted on me writing something down in here.
So I been told to put stuff down here that made me... well me.

Lets just start with the beginning, my name. My name is Poisoned Apple, I know right. Nothing you hear every day, not even sure it's ever been used before. Than who would want to call there child 'Poisoned'. Not even my mother. She named me Odorata! Not after the plant though, but rather after the moth. The Ascalapha odorata to be exact, and yes also not another common pony name ether. Than I am no regular pony, I’m a changeling.

A moth name for a changeling is a pretty neath name, even if I say it myself. Aspecialy a moth name that has the nickname 'the black witch' or 'The black death' now that is just downright awesome. There I go again using the word awesome.. Seems like I been hanging around rainbow to often again, she just brings out the wurst in me or rather the wurst out of the new me.

Like last Friday when she dared me to change into Applejack and ask Rarity to fashion up the barn. Except for me and rainbow not many pony's found it funny straight away a specially Applejack, she was so mad I could cook an egg on her hat. Or the one time when we put itching powder on Twilight and told the hole town she had flees. I still chuckle when I think back at that.

Now that I think about it, we pulled pranks on almost every pony except for Fluttershy who is way to sensitive about those things. And I don't wanna be the one to cause a flood.

Anyway enough of that, I was talking about my name and how this all started. So yeah with a name like that I’d be.. how do you say it? 'The coolest foal on the block'? Or changeling in my case however that wasn't the case, for a changeling would be black with maybe some specks of random color on it. But no, I am white! Of all the colors in Equestria I had to be white!. Not blue, or green, or purple, red, yellow or even gray. No,i am white. It took me a few years but eventually I figured out that in a changeling colony white, is the last color you wanna be. And I found that out the hard way. Being the little sister of the queen would make you think life would be easy even for a white changeling. Wrong! All that meant was that she couldn't kill me, nonetheless that didn't meant she couldn't bully or torment me. Heck even torture.

“Odorata clean up the mess that grub left” she exclaimed.

“Of course sister” I answered with a smile. Back than I tried to smile and be as happy as I could even if Chrysalis was dead set on making my life a living hell.

“And wipe that smile of you’re face! It's bad enough that you look like the way you do already!” never heard a gentile tone coming out of her except when she was planing something to hurt me.

I did as told, wiped away the smile and scooped up the goo that the grub left behind. And trust me that's not something you’d like to clean up, cause that stuff smells. It is stronger than the stench of one thousand rotting corpses.

Little did I know that right behind the corner was a drone waiting to trip me making me land face first into the goo.

“You incompetent little foal” she expediently yelled out to me “isn't there anything you can do right!”

“But that..” she cut me off

“let's see if a few days in the dungeon will help you to behave!” why did I see this coming “drones!”

Two drones entered and bowed down in front of her “you summoned my queen” they say simultaneous

“take that filth to the dungeons! And place it in the one it belongs in!” I knew all to well what that meant.

“but sis” I pleated “that drone, he tripped me”

“Silence! Not only do you disobey my orders you also accuse one of your fellow changelings of deliberately tripping you!” why was I so stupid to open my mouth and talk. I would have went to my personal cell spend a few days there and let out if I behaved. “you will spend fifty days in the cell for your insolence! Now out of my sight with you”

fifty days without food smelling like this.. I had worse. After all sitting in the dungeon wasn't all that bad it was about the only place were I had some pony that I could call a friend. A small changeling who’s wings wore so filled up with holes that he couldn't fly, the only changeling that talked to me in a friendly way. Like all changelings he disliked white, but he learned to live with it and didn't seem to mind it. He's name was drone 305, I called him Scrub. He seemed to be okay with that for as far is I could tell.

Friendship, isn't it magic... I know now it can be but back in the days it was just the wurst. Living in the hive meant never being alone, so it didn't take all that long before some other changeling found out about Scrub. And as soon as a drone knew, Chrysalis knew. There was only one thing I could think of than “Trouble” and lots and lots of it. All I could do back than was wonder how would she hurt me this time, what was the punishment going to be. Would she beat me almost to death again or would she find something new again to punish me, she is good at that. What if she gets mad at Scrub, I couldn't stand that thought. Little did I know that was exactly what she had on her mind, and even less did I knew for what she had in store for me.

It didn't take that long before I learned that she was gonna execute him. I begged and pleated for days on end to spare his life, to grant him a second chance. But somewhere I already knew there was nothing I could do to soften up that black rock she called a heart. I cried for days knowing there was nothing I could do from my little cell until the day of the execution.

“My dearest sister” Hold on what was this, Is she trying to be nice? That can't be she's never nice is she sick? Or better yet dieing?

“Euhh... C.. Chrysalis” I stuttered not knowing what was about to come.

“Get her out of that cell you worm” She yelled at one of the guard drones.

He looked just as surprised at her as me “My queen she sti..”

“Silence!” I bet all of the hive was quiet after that “If she isn't free in the next 5 seconds you'll be taking her place for a hole year!”

“of course my queen” That cell door opened faster than I could blink.

Wait a minute, my days aren’t up yet an I can get out of my cell. I could already feel the pain that was about to come. But than the weirdest thing happened, I swear that is a smile “I'm sorry my sister for treating you that way, now let me make it up with you. There is a surprise waiting for you.” Hold on again a surprise for me? Now back in those days I was still a little naive and somewhere thought she could still change. Like it was a phase she was going true. So I gladly went along with her.

So there it was... The surprise... Scrub tied up to the torturing table. Sure she could make it a swift death but where was the fun in that. It's always more fun seeing he's limbs being thorn of one by one, and just let him bleed to death. Honestly it didn't come to me as that much of a surprise that she wanted me to watch him die, after all he was my only friend. Again my pleating and begging started and somewhere I knew it wouldn't help much, but I won't let him go down without fighting for him. Eventually it had to happen, she kept open my eyes. And forced me not only to watch but also to operate the torturing table. She was smart enough to get it going for me, so Scrub was already in a lot of pain and convincing me to speed up the process as fast as possible to make he's death came as fast as possible.

It took me a while but eventually I did what had to be done. I took my only friends life in one of the wurst ways you can imagine. At that point I didn't cry I knew well enough that was exactly what Chrysalis was after. That didn't take long for her to pick up on, so she decided to give me my next surprise. Cleaning up after the mess I made. So as always I did as I was told and cleaned up, that also meant I had to go to the pit.

The pit is possibly the wurst place in the hive. It is nothing more than a large pit in the ground at the edge of the hive, it is where all the waste goes. Where we dump the leftovers from the pony’s we consumed. And I don't think many of you know that changelings don't only consume love, they also tend to feast on the flesh of pony's. It is seen as a delicacy and used for many feasts. Some even claim that the flank is the best part, specially the location of the cutie mark. I rather think that has nothing more to do than with cutie mark envy.

Anyway, after my cleanup job I went back to my room to set my mind straight. Or at least hoping I could do that cause chrysalis was already waiting for me there

“Odorata! Why are you not in your cell!?” I should have known... again.

“Chrysalis I...” I know I said I wouldn't give up. But than I did.

“Guards! get this worm back to her cell for another fifty days,” Only fifty more? I most have done something good this time. “And turn this place into another hatching chamber.” Great now I gotta chair my room with hatching pods.

“what about this junk my queen?” back than I didn't know by junk he meant all my stuff, including my bed.

“Throw it in the pit” that was the last thing I heard from her in over two months

That is how most of my young years went. If I was lucky I'd just get smacked around a few times, the not so lucky times wore when I had to spend a few days in the pit. So did those things leave scars? Well what do you think yourself! Is that why I treated my little sister that bad? Well yes, and no. Lets just say these wore just a few of the many reasons why I turned out to be... well me!

This is the first journal entry by Odorata aka poisoned apple. I’ll try to give you a more cheerful chapter of my life on the next entry. (no promises)



{thank you for reading the story and feel free to leave a comment.
A Poisoned mind will continue
Also keep an eye open for “A Dizzy tale” }

Comments ( 1 )

You really need to work on your spelling.

Login or register to comment