• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 7,186 Views, 168 Comments

A Dazzling Reformation - Thunder Roller



The Dazzlings run into hard times and gets help from someone unexpected.

  • ...
13
 168
 7,186

Five Nights at Pinkie's: Night 4

Back at Pinkie's house, The Dazzlings, Sunset, Mr. Feathers, and Pinkie Pie were in Pinkie's bedroom. Aria was sitting on Pinkie's bed, playing her guitar while everyone else watched. The way she played it, it was very enchanting.

It was easy to get consumed in the rhythm, but in a good way. They sat there, watching as Aria's pick glided from one string to another, and as her fingers pressed the right strings at the right time. After Aria strummed her last string and glided the jack, they all clapped for her.

Even Mr. Feathers whistled in approval, flapping his wings at the same time. Remembering something she needed to do, Sunset stood up and began to walk to the door.

"Excuse me for a minute." Sunset said. "Theres a little something I have to get done."

"Alrighty Matey!" Pinkie Pie said, smiling widely.

Sunset nodded, and swiftly grabbed her backpack on her way out the door. She made her way down the hall, aiming for one door in specific. She saw the bathroom door was open, and the light was off, signalling that it was vacant.

She went inside before closing and locking the door behind her. She turned on the light, and made her way to the toilet. She closed the seat, and sat down before rummaging through her backpack.

Sunset pulled out a large, brown book with her cutie mark on the cover. She opened it and went to the earliest blank page. She then pulled out a black pen, and pressed down on the page.

'Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

I have some interesting news for you. About three days ago, I found The Dazzlings living under a bridge. After a little... conversation, I convinced them to follow me to Pinkie's house, where I had planned to spend Spring Break.

Since then, I have brought them to Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash (In that order), and I plan on bringing them to Applejack's tomorrow. With every visit, they seemed to get a little different. Sure, they still have a small temper, but they seem to be more appreciative of our help.

Speaking of tempers, during Rarity's visit, Sonata seemed to... change. Aria said something about her being too emotional, and she became very different. She said a few things I do not dare to repeat, and moments later, she didn't remember any of it.

Either way, I would like you to visit them. School isn't open right now, so when you come, just write me a message and I will come to pick you up. Maybe you'll be able to find out why Sonata changed like that.

-Your Friend, Sunset Shimmer.'

Sunset closed the book, and the message was sent. She stuffed it back into her backpack, along with her pen, and walked out of the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, They all stood outside of a red house with purple shingles. To the left, a barn-like garage could be seen, and to the left of the driveway, a barn-like dog house sat, with a happy Border Collie bitting a bone inside.

"Hi, Winona!" Pinkie greeted as she bounced past the Dog House, getting a happy bark in response.

They all went up to the front door, and Pinkie knocked repeatedly. Soon, a girl wearing a Stetson and a blue jean skirt came to the door.

"Well, Ah reckoned ya'd come." Applejack said, neither smiling nor frowning. "Rainbow called me an' told me ya was bringin' the Dazzlings around. Said somethin' about them being reformed."

"Thats right!" Pinkie nodded happily.

"Yeah, they're not bad anymore." Sunset confirmed.

"Ah'd like to believe that." Applejack admitted. "But Ah guess Ah just have some reservations from the Battle."

"I can't blame you." Sunset said. "But they were able to get everyone else's approval."

"An' Ah'm the final test, is that it?"

"No, no, its nothing like that!" Sunset said defensively.

"Calm down, Sunset." Applejack said, holding out one hand. "Ah don't mind at all. In fact, Ah think its a good thing ya brought em' ta me last. Makes things more interestin'."

Sunset sighed in relief. "I'm glad you think so."

"So, whatcha wanna do?" Pinkie asked.

"Well, Ah've got some work thats gotta get done."

"We can help you with that!" Sonata said, stepping up.

"Are ya sure about that, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked, raising an eyebrow. "Its hard work for someone that don't do much."

"Oh, how hard can it be?" Sonata asked, putting her hands on her knees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is inhumane!" Sonata cried out, carrying a basket full of apples to the barn.

Applejack had given all the Dazzlings, Sunset, and Pinkie Pie clothes that would be better to work in. This included, blunt toed cowgirl boots, lose fitting jeans, white Tee Shirts, and button up flannel shirts. But this didn't help their quality of work.

Applejack was on top of a ladder, picking apples as she watched Sonata carrying the basket. She chuckled slightly as she looked over to Pinkie, who was also on a ladder at another tree next to her's.

"Ah told her its hard work." Applejack said to Pinkie.

"Well, you never know until you try." Pinkie shrugged, juggling three apples before tossing them in a basket.

"Can't argue there." Applejack agreed. "Ah'm wonderin' if she bit off more than she can chew."

"Just let her keep going." Aria said, slightly sweating, bringing an empty basket to Applejack. "It'll teach her to know her self boundaries."

"Ah guess Ah can see how that would work, but if she pushes herself too hard, she could get herself hurt."

"Nah." Aria said, shaking her head. "If she pushes herself too hard, then she'll just take a nap in the hay or something." Aria went to walk away, but turned back to Applejack. "Why do you have hay if you don't have any horses?"

"Goats eat hay too." Applejack pointed out. "Ah thought you would know that, considerin' where you come from."

Aria shrugged. "I didn't pay too much attention to what anyone was eating. Just went and got what I wanted."

"Uh, huh." Applejack said slowly with a slow nod.

"Hey, Girls!" Adagio called out, just outside the barn.

"What is it?" Aria called back.

"Sonata fell asleep in the hay!"

Aria looked back to Applejack, chuckling. "I told you so."

"Gosh, darn it!" Applejack shouted as she slowly climbed down her ladder. "That girls gonna wake up itchin' all over. Lucky for her Ah got the goats pinned up, or else they'd be eatin' her hair!"

"Now that, would be funny to see." Aria said with a snicker.

Pinkie, Applejack, and Aria rushed to the barn, and seen Sonata, laying on her stomach in a pile of hay. Sunset was standing beside her, barely sweating, holding a basket full of eggs, and Adagio was next to her, completely covered in sweat, with a pitch fork and a wheel barrel, half-full of hay.

"I was trying to fill this wheel barrel when she just came right over and fell right into the hay!" Adagio complained. "I tried to get her up, but she only grunts!"

"Poor thing." Applejack sighed. "Now she knows how hard its ta be a farm girl."

Adagio huffed. "I'd say."

Applejack nodded. "She needs ta get some sleep. Ya'll can go ahead and head on back ta Pinkie's. Ah appreciate the help."

Author's Note:

Sorry about the short chapter. I had a lot of work to do today, so I didn't have as much time to work on it as I usually do. So, I figured I would include Sunset's message to Princess Twilight here, and have them work on A.J.'s farm.

Fun Fact: I have a heavy accent, very similar to Applejack's. :ajsmug:

If you find any mistakes (and I have a feeling I've made a lot in this chapter) please let me know and I will fix it as soon as possible.