• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 7,173 Views, 168 Comments

A Dazzling Reformation - Thunder Roller



The Dazzlings run into hard times and gets help from someone unexpected.

  • ...
13
 168
 7,173

Strange Consolation

Aria was sitting on the couch in Pinkie's living room, while Twilight and Sunset were standing in front of her. Twilight had just explained what she believed was wrong with Sonata, causing her to become a different person. Aria didn't want to believe it.

"How the heck do you think I'm the reason for her 'Multi-Consultancy Disorder' or whatever?" Aria asked, waving her hands as she tried to repeat Sonata's problem.

"Multiple-Personality Disorder, and I'm not assuming that you are the cause directly." Twilight corrected. "I'm saying that the years of constant negativity is the cause. It just so happens that you were the main source of that negativity."

"Your level of negativity wouldn't be such a bother to someone with a normal life-span, but since you two have known each other for a thousand years, it built up and up until she couldn't handle it any longer."

"That is pretty much the 'beating around the bush' version of saying I am the cause." Aria deadpanned.

"Look, we're not getting anywhere with this." Sunset said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Why don't you just tell us the first time it happened."

"Thats not a bad idea." Twilight agreed. "If we can learn when it first happened, then we can get a better understanding of why she has the disorder."

Aria sighed and placed her elbows on her knees. "Well, if were going to do that, then I guess we have to go back to 1969."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Woodstock, August 16th, 1969. Most people were wearing brightly colored clothes, some were shirtless, and a few didn't wear clothes at all. Up on a stage, a band of hippies were playing slow music.

Aria, Sonata, and Adagio were in the back of the large group of hippies that were standing in front of the said stage, not really paying much attention to the music, except for Sonata. Aria was wearing jeans that were tight around her waist, but were very lose around her ankles, a lose Tie-dye, long sleeve shirt, and a brown headband around her forehead. Adagio was wearing ripped blue jeans, orange sandals, and a tie-dye T-Shirt, while Sonata wore tie-dye pants, tie-dye, long sleeve shirt, and a tie-dye headband.

Sonata swayed back and forth to the music, waving her arms while she did so. She was really enjoying herself, but Adagio and Aria were not so much.

"Ugh! Why did we have to come to this stupid event?" Aria asked, rubbing her temples. "I swear, if I have to listen to this damn hippie music for another hour, I'm going on a killing rampage!"

"Just give it time, Aria." Adagio said, aggravation apparent in her voice. "If we're going to fit in with everyone else, then we have to go to their events. The last thing we want is for another Salem Witch Hunt."

"But we caused that!" Aria snapped. "It was the best meal we had sense before we were banished!"

"I know, but we got very close to being discovered. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be burned at the stake."

"Just give in to the music, girls!" Sonata said, wrapping her arms around the two. "Its not so bad when you learn to enjoy it!"

"Yeah, not going to happen." Aria said, pushing Sonata's arm off her. "I can't see why you like this stuff."

"Its so groovy!" Sonata answered, attempting to help Aria to understand. "Like, for realzies!"

"For Realzies?" Adagio asked. "Sonata, you didn't eat their brownies, did you?"

"Mmmm, maybe a couple." Sonata said, not really caring. "That really nice guy by the bus gave me some."

"You mean that broken down bus with the Tie-Dye design?" Aria asked. "Why did you accept his brownies? That guy wasn't wearing anything but pink womens underwear!"

Sonata shrugged. "It didn't do anything. I mean, it tasted a little weird, but thats it."

"Sonata, it probably had weed in it!" Adagio snapped. "You know, that green stuff we told you to stay away from!"

"It didn't do anything!" Sonata said, a little louder than normal. "It wasn't green, it didn't smell, it only tasted weird! Thats all!"

"Thats because its cooked in it you bird brain bimbo!" Aria shouted to Sonata. "Its cooked in so the cops don't suspect anything you stupid, good for nothing, pathetic excuse for a Siren!"

Sonata took a step back from the two, her eyes beginning to water. She let her hands drop, no longer swaying to the music. She lowered her head, her eyes hidden by her hair.

They could see her lips quivering, and her body shaking slightly. Her quivering soon turned to chuckles as her mascara began to run down her cheeks. She brought her head back up, but most of her face was still hidden by the shadow
casted by her bangs.

"Why do you have to be so mean~?" Sonata asked, taking a step closer to Aria.

"Oh, great. It was also laced with Acid." Aria remarked, rolling her eyes.

Adagio shook her head. "No, if it was laced with Acid, she would be ripping her clothes off while running in circles."

"Well, it had to be laced with something; She's even worse than before." Aria said, taking a step back from Sonata.

Sonata quickly closed the gap between them, their bodies less than an inch from each other.

"Worse, or better?" Sonata asked, her grin growing bigger.

"Get away from me, you psychopath!" Aria said, attempting to push Sonata away.

As soon as Aria's hands made contact with Sonata, she swiped her hands away. Sonata grabbed Aria by the collar of her shirt, and brought them even closer together. Their faces were so close together, all Aria could see was Sonata's tear filled eyes.

"You know, I'm getting real tired of your shit, Aria." Sonata said, her grin growing even bigger. "All I try to do is make things a little more interesting, and all you do is insult me."

"Then stop being so damn stupid!" Aria said, trying to push Sonata once more with no avail.

"There we go again. Consider this your warning. I might not be so considerate next time." Sonata said before letting go of Aria's collar.

Aria took a step back away from Sonata, but she didn't follow. Sonata continued to stand there, but her gaze seemed to become distant. Her grin disappeared, and her body became limp.

A few moments of Aria and Adagio staring at her, she fell to her knees, and was soon followed with the rest of her body falling face first into the dirt. Adagio and Aria rushed to her, and shook her in an attempt to wake her up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We had to take her back to the Hotel we were staying at at the time." Aria explained. "She woke up the next morning, not remembering yesterday at all."

"What did she remember?" Twilight asked, having pulling up a chair with Sunset.

"She remembered us going to Woodstock, but nothing after that." Aria said, shaking her head. Soon, realization sunk in. She planted her face into her hands with a heavy sigh. "Ah, shit. I AM the reason for that bimbo's change."

Sunset got up from her seat and sat down next to Aria, wrapping on arm around her shoulder.

"Its okay, we all make mistakes." Sunset said, trying to comfort her. "You couldn't have known that would happen."

Aria pushed Sunset's arm away and scooted away from her.

"I didn't ask for your sympathy!" Aria half-shouted.

Sunset recoiled slightly and arched an eyebrow. She was about to say something when she seen Twilight shaking her head. Aria stood up and began to walk away.

"I need time." Aria said, walking out of the room.

Aria made her way into the backyard, and sat down on a beach recliner that pointed toward the sunset. She closed her eyes, sighed deeply, and leaned back. She tried to clear her mind, but it kept rushing with guilt.

What was going on? She normally wouldn't care if she caused something like that, but now... She just didn't know.
Did she actually care about that air-headed wanna-be hipster?

She felt a pair of arms wrap around her neck, but she didn't open her eyes. She felt that soft, smooth skin for a thousand years. She didn't need confirmation on who it was.

"Are you okay, Ari?" Sonata asked with a concerned voice.

"Leave me alone for your own good." Aria warned, not moving.

"Hmm..." Sonata hummed, as if she was thinking. "No."

Aria sighed. "Just go away before I-" She stopped herself, remembering exactly why she wanted to be alone. "Just go, okay?"

Sonata let go of Aria, and before she thought she was alone, she heard the sound of metal grinding against the concrete walk-way. It stopped right beside her, and was followed with a flopping sound. She opened one eye and seen Sonata had pulled up another beach recliner, and was sitting right next to her.

Aria groaned and closed her eyes again, pretending that Sonata wasn't there. A few moments had passed, and she felt Sonata's hand wrapping around her own. She could feel her working with her fingers, struggling to make them weave with hers.

She didn't attempt to help her, but she didn't attempt to stop her. In all honesty, she liked the feeling of Sonata's hand in her own. But she wasn't going to admit that.

If someone seen them, she could just claim to have fallen asleep. She wasn't sure about the feelings she had for the blue haired girl next to her, but she wasn't going to make any hasty decisions. After all, anything is better than that other personality of hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They laid there for a while, Sonata holding her hand. But soon, Aria could feel the cold air brushing against her skin. She opened her eyes and noticed the sun had fully set.

"We need to get inside, Sonata." Aria said, getting out of the recliner. But she didn't get a respond. She looked down at Sonata, and seen she had fallen asleep in her recliner. "Great, you're going to make me carry you."

With a groan, Aria slipped her right arm under the bend of Sonata's knees, and her left behind her back. Instinctively, Sonata wrapped her arms around Aria's neck. Aria carefully carried Sonata inside the house, and up to Pinkie's bedroom.

When she entered, she could see everyone else getting ready for bed (or floor, in most of the cases), and Adagio was placing a thin blanket over Mr. Feathers' cage.

"Could someone lay out Sonata's bag?" Aria asked, standing in the doorway.

Sunset turned to face Aria, and was slightly startled at the sight. "Um... She fall asleep coming up the stairs or something?"

"Something like that." Aria said, not wanting to tell the whole truth. "Bag. Now."

Sunset nodded and laid Sonata's sleeping bag out. Aria laid her down, and zipped it up around her. Carefully, she slipped the pillow under Sonata's head.

"You two were outside for a long time." Sunset pointed out. "Anything happen?"

"Not really." Aria lied. "She wouldn't stop bothering me while I was just wanting to be left alone, so I let her take a seat next to me. We didn't really say anything after that."

Sunset nodded. "Well, at least nothing bad happened."

Sunset stood up and walked to her own sleeping bag. Aria quickly looked around, making sure no one was watching before moving one of Sonata's bangs out of her eyes.

Author's Note:

Finally finished! This took waaaay longer than it should have, but when life gets in the way, what can you do? Also, we don't condone the use of any Non-Medical drug.

Lets all take a Moment to Thank Cloudfilly for their help in this chapter. Cloudfilly is our new editor and did an excellent job! Welcome Aboard Cloudfilly :rainbowdetermined2: