• Published 9th May 2012
  • 534 Views, 1 Comments

Final Resting Place - DiamonAzuru21



This is the story of what happened to Truth after his hometown was destroyed.

  • ...
 1
 534

Chapter 2: Dark Sunlight

The following morning, Truth had made the bed as he got ready to leave the room as Willow came in with some breakfast.

"Oh Truth, your awake. I hope your not in pain." Willow said in a worried tone, looking at his bandaged leg.

"I'm quite alright, Ms. Willow. I can handle a bit of pain." Truth replied as he streched his front legs to get some blood flowing there. "Oh, Ms. Willow, is there anything I can do here to help out? I see that the town and castle was a bit....well rather destroyed and in ruins."

"You shouldn't excert yourself, Truth. We wouldn't want to open up that wound," Willow looked at his leg again with worry.

"I promise I won't, Ms. Willow."

"Well I suppose you can talk to the princess then, though please be kind, she has been through a lot these past few days." Willow placed the tray on the little table and Truth slowly began to eat the oats she provided for him.

"I think I can guess the reason. It was Princess Luna, wasn't it?" Truth swallowed his oats as Willow's eyes widened in surprise.

"How did you know?" Willow asked as she looked stupified at this sudden statement.

Truth closed his eyes and began to concentrate. His voice changed to a different tone as he stated a golden truth. "Princess Luna has been sent to the moon for the safety of not only the ponies here in Equestria but to herself as well. The King and Queen are also on the moon, keeping Luna safe from whatever dark entity took over her body."

His voice changed back to his normal tenor tone as Willow looked at him in awe. "Not even Crabapple knew that, how did you know that?" Willow questioned.

"Look at my cutie mark," Truth said as Willow looked at the symbol upon his rump. "This symbol means truth and its my talent to effortlessly find the truth from where ever I am at any sort of given time. It could be little statements like the earth is round or big statements like everything contains an energy that can be manipulated by magic."

"Do these truths come to you or something?" Willow was absolutely curious about his ability.

"No, most of the time I spout out random nonsense and on occasions, something comes out in gold. How I know what I said is golden truth is that the tone of my voice changes. You probably have noticed it, haven't you?" Truth stated.

"Yeah, I noticed it. Your voice seems so much more....forceful and filled with determination." Willow noted as she looked at the clock. "Oh dear, look at the clock. You must talk to the princess if your searching for a job to do."

"Yes, let's," Truth said as he began to walk to the door. "Come with me, Willow. I don't think I can face the princess alone. I never can face royalty in the eye."

"Then let's go then, Truth." Willow trotted next to him. "I'll help you out, I know the princess personally."

"I shouldn't be surprised, after all, you are the element of empathy." Truth stated in gold as he followed her out the door and into the ruined halls of the hospital.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Princess Celestia, how have you been?" Willow said as she bowed her head to Celestia after they entered the throne room. They were directly in front of her elevated throne in the presence of her many guards. Her right wing was in a bandage, almost like it was broken.

"I've been well now," Celestia replied as she looked at her politely. "Who is this that you have brought to me?"

"My name is Golden Truth, I come from Festa del Cacio, which was attacked by a dragon bout yesterday." Truth bowed to Celestia. "I seek work, since this castle and the town below seems rather....well you can clearly see it."

"Yes, an extra pairs of hooves never hurt anypony. But I see that your injured and I can't have you getting hurt from overexerting yourself." Celestia began to ponder on what Truth can do for the time being.

"That is exactly what Willow said..." Truth muttered underneath his breath quietly.

"Why don't you look over the construction of the gardens? I'm sure Rose would need some help with it." Celestia said with a kind smile.

"I'll be glad to help out in the gardens thank. Thank you my princess." Truth took another bow as Celestia dismissed them

Truth and Willow walked out of the throne room and said "I could tell she is in pain. I'm sure you could."

"Yeah, she isn't the same without her family." Willow replied as she looked back at the princess, who was looking down on the ground.

"There must be something she sees in me or something," Truth stated as he and Willow took their time going down the stairs. ""News must get around here quick."

"That's the truth, I don't know why though," Willow opened the door and flapped her wings as she saw the rising sun. "Come on, I'll show you to the gardens."

"Very well, take the lead then." Truth said as he followed her to the gardens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My my, this place is spectacular, despite the damages done to it." Truth stated as he looked around the beautiful trees, charming flowers and ponds streaming with small fishes and koi. There were patches of dirt that were thrown from their original positions, either from the incident or because of replanting. "I think I can help from here. Who is the pony who looks over the gardens?"

"A close friend of mines, her name is Rose Petal," Willow said as she closed her eyes and began to concentrate.

"Trying to find her heart, are you?" Truth asked as he turned to look around. All he saw were the gardners working on their individual spots as they tried to revive the former glory of the garden.

"She is rather shy and quiet, also uses an invisibility spell in order to hide and avoid attention to herself," Willow replied as she opened her eyes. "She is over there, come on."

Truth nodded as he looked around, trying to sense this Rose much like Willow with no avail. Willow went over to the flower garden where there was a single flower that practically had its own throne and stood out amongst the other flowers. Truth could see small impressions in the ground around the flower, almost like hoofprints. Willow smiled as she flapped her wings and pounced at the impression. With a yelp and a squeel, a pony appeared where the hoofprints were.

It was a unicorn that seemed rather young to be appointed a position in Canterlot but he didn't see why not. Her coat was a mint green as her mane was a lighter pink rose color. Her mane and tail was fashioned simply but it looked like the pedals of a rose that allowed its pedals to slack in the sun. Her eyes were a vibrant magenta and showed shyness but kindness as well. Her cutie mark was a pink rose in a simplistic form; showing just three pedals and the body of the rose itself.

"My, I didn't see her there before," Truth stated as he walked towards them. Willow was practically hugging Rose to death before she let go of Rose.

Rose got up from the ground as Willow did the same. Rose looked at Truth with her magenta eyes but quickly looked down as she looked at the ground around her then to Willow. They gave eye contact with each other and as if giving each other a message, Willow turned to Truth.

"She wants you to gather the seeds from the marketplace. It appears that the shipment was a little bit late and everypony is busy to get it," Willow stated.

"Okay then, is there anything else Miss Rose?" Truth said, looking at Rose.

Rose opened her mouth but it was a rather quiet tone that he couldn't really hear her. "I'm sorry, what was that?" Truth asked.

"Um....would you also gather some food for the workers here. I don't want them to work on an empty stomach," Rose stated as she looked at Truth. "Would you find some way to get them some food?"

"Very well, Miss Rose. I won't disappoint you and I will try my best." Truth said as he did a polite bow to her, which made her rather uncomfortable and he could tell by the way she is shifting her hooves. "Oh dear, I'm rather sorry for my behavior. This is just habit is all, blame my father and upbringing."

"Oh no...its not that," Rose whispered in a quiet tone as she took a step back then suddenly disappeared from his sight and ears as Willow sighed.

"She is never this shy to any new pony," Willow said as she looked about a yard away from where Rose once stood. "Here, I'll handle things here while you go get the seeds and food, alright?"

"Very well, please do apologize for me again then if I caused your friend some disturbance." Truth stated as he turned and left the garden area to head down to the marketplace to begin his first task.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment