• Published 9th May 2012
  • 533 Views, 1 Comments

Final Resting Place - DiamonAzuru21



This is the story of what happened to Truth after his hometown was destroyed.

  • ...
 1
 533

Chapter 1: Weeping Willow

"Hey, I think he is waking up." A young mare's voice from the darkness called. "Hey, wake up."

Truth let out a groan as he opened his eyes to meet eyes with a pegasus mare with green eyes and a light forest green mane that was rather long and tied in a number of places. Her coat was a very light snowy blue that almost looked white but not quite enough to call it white. Her cutie mark was a white weeping willow, which Truth at first didn't understand at first.

Truth let out another groan as he looked up at the mare. "Where am I," was all he managed to get out of his tired mouth.

The mare quickly let her hooves fall onto the stone floor and looked over his leg. "Your in the Canterlot Hospital..." the mare replied as she looked down at the ground. "We are so sorry, we didn't make it in time to Festa del Cacio to save most of the ponies there."

Truth let out a tear as he tried to fight it back. His father told him not to cry over such trivial things....but how can he? He lost everything; his home, his family, his friends, everything he ever held dear.

The mare put a hoof on his face as she tried to comfort him. "It's okay, everything will be okay."

"How can it?" Truth said as his voice cracked. "My parents are dead...." His voice changed when he said that statement, almost a darker tone in his voice.

She took a step back at his sudden change of tone but sighed and said "Get some rest, you'll need it for tomorrow." She began to leave his room as Truth looked at her.

"What's your name?" Truth asked her. "If there is a reason that I'm still on this cursed reality, I would at least like to know the pony who saved me."

The mare turned and smiled to say "Winter Willow. My name is Winter Willow." She left the room and shut the door behind her.

Truth looked up at the lonely room and noticed a glint of light at the dresser. He turned his head to see the little necklace that his sister was still intact. He let another tear fall as he got up and put the necklace in his hoof. He put it close to his heart and closed his eyes. Somehow, he could just feel his little sister's beat through this, his little sister's rhythm that she always loved. He moved his lips and couldn't believe on what he said. He did it again and again, making sure that it was true. His golden truth would never lie to him, truth never lies to anypony.

"My little sister is still alive..."

Truth smiled and began to get jittery. He couldn't believe it but the truth is the truth. Truth put a hoof through his golden mane as he looked down at the necklace. He put it around his white neck as he looked at his bandaged leg. Luna's light was dim, barely lighting up the room. He went to the window to admire the view below, only to be greeted with wreckage and debris. He began to think on what happened here as he put his hoof through his messy mane again. He then began to mutter to himself statements, trying to find truths that would explain what happened out there.

"Princess Luna is gone.......the Elements were used....Luna is on the moon along with the King and Queen." Truth muttered to himself in gold as he began to piece things together. "What a pity, just when I was starting to love Luna's cool nights."

Truth kept his gaze out on the ruined Canterlot as he saw pegasai repair roofs, earth ponies fixing the walls and unicorns fixing the infrastructure. He closed his eyes and concentrated, letting his horn light up as he tried to tune into his little sister's beat. That's how he could find her in any sort of predicament with his magic. But he couldn't tune in, he couldn't even hear her melody, her voice, her beautiful tone.

Truth sighed, knowing that he had to be patient. He couldn't find his sister today but it would have to take time to find her. He needed help, he needed somepony to help him out. But he had to start small, like he always did back home. He needed to look for a survivor of the attack and go on it from there.

Truth slowly made his way to the door and as just as he was about to open it, the door flew open to reveal Willow bringing him some medication.

"Oh, do please sit down." She said as Truth sighed and went back to the bed. "What is your name anyway? Since you asked me for mine earlier."

Truth looked at her as he went back onto the bed. "My name is Golden Truth, though my friends call me Truth."

"And you said you came from Festa del Cacio?" Willow asked as she walked over to his injured leg and slowly began to take off the bandages.

Truth winced but kept in his pain as he replied "Yeah, yeah, I was born there. My parents never really thought of moving out of the quiet town, seemed like a good place to take care of us."

Willow began to clean the healing wound with a wet towel as she looked at him with worry. "There is something you need to get off your chest?"

Truth looked at her with a slight look of confusion. "What do you mean by that, Ms. Willow?"

"I could feel something in your heart...it's a rather complicated story but so say that I am a heart healer." Willow replied as she slowly began to rebandage his wound.

"A heart healer? I've read about them in books but I always thought that the ability was extinct.....much like my own." Truth said quietly, barely loud enough for her to hear. "So you can hear what my heart is practically saying?"

"Yes, it seems like that you ache for a home that you can't go back to and you wish to reunite with your sister, whom you believe is still alive." Willow stated as she finished wrapping up his leg. "Now don't exert yourself too much or the wound would open again."

Truth slowly got out of the bed and tested his bandaged leg. "Doesn't seem to hurt that much anymore. I must thank you for that, Ms. Willow. I am in your debt." He gave a slight bow to her, considering his 'noble' habit that his father sculpted into his very being.

Willow nodded as a bit of red and pink began to appear on her cheeks. "Oh, no need to do that," she said as Truth began to get back up. "I....I was just doing my job."

Truth nodded as he looked at her. "I'm terribly sorry, it's a habit. My father was a guard and a gentleman, despite the modest home we have. He managed to get me into that area as well, though I much prefer writing more than guarding."

Willow smiled as the blush began to fade away from her face. "Well I could see that, considering your speech. I almost thought you were a noble by birth."

"No, I'm just a nopony, as the Dark Poet's piece 'I'm nopony! Who are you?'" Truth stated with confidence. "I do hate publicity, I'm not fit to be in the spotlight."

"How humble but yet your a writer who probably has fans." Willow replied as she looked at him.

"Only the ponies in town actually knew me as the writer. They always gave me kudos for writing such simple things. Poetry, it does express the heart, doesn't it?" Truth said as he looked at her.

Willow nodded as she began to go to the door once more. "Do try and get some rest, Truth."

"I will, thanks." Truth replied as Willow shut the door behind her and Truth clamored back into his bed.

He looked up, letting the memories of his little sister's singing lull him to sleep once more.