• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 603 Views, 5 Comments

1,000 Years Missing - wizard32363



When Nightmare Moon was left on the moon, Celestia didn't just leave an empty space for her...

  • ...
1
 5
 603

Year 1, Day 1

Year 1, Day 1

I still know not why thou hast sent me up here! I doe not deserve this, and thou knowest that! Mine only goal was for the betterment of Equestria, dost thou not agree?

I do commend thee, sister, in the fact that thou hast given me the necessities needed to live, but this is still a mistake...I swear, come my return, I will cast the wrath of a thousand moons onto thee and thy subjects!

And why the journal? Dost thou deem it necessary to provide me with something to let thee know how much I hate Equestria, or is this another joke thou hast played on me for laughs?

No matter. I swear, when this curse hath been lifted from me, I will cast that pathetic land into darkness, and thou shalt burn, sister of mine, for everything thou hast done to me. It is my destiny to rule the land, and thus the jealousy inside of thee brought thou to desperation by sending me to the one place where darkness already has free reign.

Though this place may be barren, I find solace in the silence. It gives me time to think about what thou hast done to me, and what more I shall do to thee.

Though this is a journal, no? Which means thou expectest to see every one of my thoughts and experiences in here, and I shall be happy to share them with ALL of ponykind. (As weak as it is.)

To start with, when I got here, I found a house, most likely placed by my dear sister Celestia to keep me sheltered from the cold air, a feature of this place which I can’t seem to find. No wonder; it’s the moon. Inside of this quaint little abode I saw only a bed surrounded by white, padded walls, probably to remind me of my so-called “insanity.”

Around, the area is devoid of life, and other than that, there isn’t a single thing of interest.

I must say, though, banishing me to the moon? Is that really the best thou could come up with in that short amount of time? Was I defeating thee, or is this, as stated before, another one of thy cruel jokes?

It matters not to me, yet still I wonder what shall happen the day I capture thee. Perhaps I shall go easier on thou than thou hast gone on me? Not even a chance…

And if thou art reading this, then thou must know that I am going to find a way to escape, and thou shalt not stop me! Thou hadst best watch thy back, dear sister, for I shall be watching…


After walking around this gray area of dust, I have come to the conclusion that this is nothing more than a waste of space. The moon is nothing more than a pain to look at every night, the whitish space doing nothing more than keeping thy disgusting coat running through my thoughts.

I have found something interesting though, and I’m positive that thou did not place it there.

I found a button. It was nothing really, save for the fact that it had the words “self destruct” carved into it. Of course, I pressed it over and over again, but nothing came of it, not even a spark. At that moment, I realized that I might not have been the only one up here on this dull, grey sphere.

Standing there, I had promptly stomped my royal hoof to the ground, cracking it as my voice rose to call out to the person that had placed this pointless contraption. Not a soul answered me; it was their mistake, though. Speaking ill of a mare of my status and power, let alone outright ignoring one, can get somepony into serious trouble.

Disregarding the fact that somepony else had been here, maybe even recently, I returned to the tiny cottage placed by thee, dear sister, and found waiting for me a small box of what some would call food. I, of course, call it garbage, but it was all I had.

The noodles were quite dry, and the cupcakes had no sugar, but that was to be expected. I am imprisoned here, am I not?

Throwing the box into the tiny bin next to the bed, I realized I would be unable to fit in such a small space, and that I would struggle through the night if I had a bed like this. It was only then that I remembered my magic, and I lit my horn up to the bed, watching it expand in size for mere seconds before contracting back into the small rectangle I would have to break my back on for many nights to come.

Dear sister, I truly do curse thee! If I am to live in this place, the least you could do would be to provide some accommodations, something that I might look forward to when I finish my daily trek around the circumference! Even a nice photograph of myself as a filly would do to show me how much better I have become…


I didn’t notice the note until the sound of a carriage teleporting away could be heard. Thou brought somepony to the moon to deliver my mail? Why do that when thou could simplify matters by withholding it?

I needed only to take a quick glance at the envelope before seeing thy sloppy cursive written on the front. “Nightmare Moon” it subtly proclaimed. I am thy kin, dear sister, yet you refer to me as you as would a villainous scourge to be eradicated, a common criminal to be jailed! I promise thee, I am no criminal to anypony but myself.

Slashing it open with the tip of my horn, I could see the tiny handwriting, barely legible, on the front and the back. I almost refused to read the writing inside, but I had no choice. The letter in question reads as follows:

“Nightmare Moon,
I am glad to see that thou hath found what I have left. It is good to know thou hast made it like a home to thee, and thou shalt also be pleased to know that I have left a little something under the bed.

By now, thou hast likely found that there is a pony to deliver mail everyday to thee, but I promise, thou shalt never catch him.

Seeing as thou shalt spend the next thousand years here, I have devised a little game to play with thee. All thou must do is find my little fun contraptions along the moon, solve the riddles, and time should fly by!

Until next time, though, I recommend checking the transportation vehicle I have hidden over there.

Royal Princess Celestia”

I still can’t believe thou hadst the nerve to write “Royal” at the end of thy scribbles, but I appreciate the fact that thou hath given me some “activities” to amuse myself with while stuck up here. Nothing could be better, right?

Setting the note on the ground, I then used my magic to lift the bed and retrieve the miniscule package left for me.

I took no mercy in opening it, ripping it apart until I reached the center. Inside, though, I cannot believe that thou hadst the nerve to have given me nothing. Absolutely nothing. The box itself was wrapped nicely, but it would appear that, once again, I have been tricked. In the future, dear sister, you would be wise to avoid doing such a thing again…

Seeing as I have been awake for far too long now, I believe it is time for me to put mine eyes to rest. So ends day 1, sister. I shall see thee again soon…

Comments ( 4 )

:rainbowdetermined2:This was pretty cool.
Hope to see more!:twilightsmile:

every story I read about luna's imprisonment just compounds the idea that celestia is a bitch.

5559181 Well, do remember that this is from Nightmare Moon's point of view :) She has all right to see Celestia in that sense, seeing as she believes she has no reason to be trapped. But yes, that's exactly what she thinks XD

5570278 Thank you so much! I too am excited to see where this story is going :D

Login or register to comment