• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 1,996 Views, 97 Comments

Translucent Heart: Tales of a half breed - Harmony Split



Do you think that every changeling is bad deep in it’s heart? Do you know that some changelings, especially the mares are nothing better than slaves? My name is Aurora Blue. I’m a half breed and this is my Story.

  • ...
13
 97
 1,996

Judgement

Chapter Twenty-two: Judgement

As soon as my eyes fluttered open, I looked around in confusion. I had expected to be thrown in jail first or a room to be interrogated, but I hadn’t expected to awake in a what looked like a hospital room. I laid in a white room, everything silent except from the slow, sometimes choked breathing to my right side. I turned towards it, and my heart immediately skipped a beat.

Lavender.

She was simply lying there, a mask for breathing over her muzzle and her chest raising slow and irregularly. It was a sight that sent me into panic mode.

“You should calm down. Her state is critical, but stable,” a soft voice said.

As I turned, Princess Celestia was standing in the doorway, watching my every movement closely, “It is a wonder that all of you survived, although most of you are in quite bad shape.”

“Can you or your sister help her?” I asked.

“We can, but we want answers,” Celestia replied as she stepped closer, “We want to know what you know. Everything. About the Queen, the hive, every single changeling you know and what is going on in Manehattan in general.”

“But my wife doesn't have that much time!” I bursted out.

“You are still a changeling, and I will not forget the wedding of my niece,” Celestia said with a frown.

“Oh, so that makes our life automatically worthless, is it that what you want to say? If you kill my wife, I promise nothing,” I said, causing her eyebrows to furrow, “I’m not threatening you, this is a promise. If my wife dies, you get nothing,” I continued, glaring at her.

“You have an amount of courage to you, changeling. I will consider it and talk to my sister,” she said as she turned to leave.

“I have a name!” I growled.

“Pardon me?”

“My name is Aurora Blue, not changeling!” I said bitterly.

She left without a word. I could practically feel that she was still furious inside about the wedding, and I knew that she would be much harder to convince than Luna.

I stewed a little on the inside. Logically, I knew to expect such treatment, and probably worse. Part of me said I should just be thankful not to have woken up in some dungeon, or just to have awoken at all. But I couldn’t, I couldn’t settle for anything like that until I knew for certain that Lavender was okay. Nothing else mattered until that was settled.

Her breathing caught my attention again, she took two shallow back to back breaths, almost like something had caught in her throat, “Lavender,” I said again as I went to join my wife on her bed.

To hell with my wounds.

I went nowhere, I tried to pull my right hoof away from the bed, to jump onto the floor, when a clank sound and something tugging against it alerted me that something was wrong. Inspecting it, I found a pair of hoofcuffs chaining me to the bed.

As if that would stop me.

Concentrating my anger upon it, I blasted it to atoms with my magic.

Or I tried, anyway. I did everything I’d normally do to use my changeling magic, but nothing happened. I scowled and tried again, a second time, and then a third. Nothing.

“What did you do?!” I shouted.

“Calm down,” a voice came from the hallway, one I recognized.

“Wave Night? What’s happening to me?”

“When you were admitted, they put you all through a magical dampening spell, the same they use during the Equestria Games. You’re fine, just can’t use magic until the spell is lifted.”

“Are they bucking serious? Do you remember what I told you? We ARE magic. If they keep it up, Lavender will die faster, and the rest of us will join her soon!” I shouted.

“No, it works on keeping magic in you, you simply cannot use it to change form or perform attacks.”

“Get me Purple and Princess Luna here! That’s not what I agreed on!” I scowled.

“Aurora, do you think making demands and shouting is going to help your case?”

“Okay, just to repeat it for you. If Lavender dies, I promise nothing. And I can see how she is suffering. The longer you stay there and refuse to get them, the more I’m going to buck some flanks,” I was very close to losing it.

“Princess Luna is already talking to Celestia, I’m sure she’ll be in soon enough. As far as Purple goes, she does have her responsibilities to see to.”

“And I have mine!” I shouted.

“Look, you can’t change anything at the moment, so better keep quiet before the other guards or the princesses hear you. It will make your situation worse.”

I pulled against my restraints three times, each one testing my strength before I figured out brute force wasn’t going to win the day.

“That’ll just tire you out.”

“What do you know? Just shut up and keep your watch,” I growled, annoyed.

“I’m not here to watch you.”

“Why are you here?” I snorted, my voice laced with venom.

“I just wanted to say thanks.”

“W-What?” I lost my voice at that point.

“You got hurt because you saved my life. I wanted to say thank you.”

“You don’t have to thank me. I saved you because I still count you as my friend, even if you don’t trust me anymore,” I replied, and it was true.

“I--,” before she could say another word, the sound of ragged breaths interrupted both of us. I looked over in horror as Lavender struggled to take another breath, it was like her throat had closed on her. Then it dawned on me, she physically couldn’t.

“NO!” I shouted

“I’ll get a doctor!” Wave said, and I could hear the ruffle of wings, then nothing from her anymore.

“No!” I shouted at the wall, refusing to accept this, “No, no, no, no, no!” my rage became overwhelming.

I didn’t even recognize the burning fire in my head and my chest, seeing Lavender suffer. It broke something in me, and before I even realized it, green light flooded the room, flooding me. Power washed through me, and I jumped from my bed and to Lavender’s, I didn’t even notice that the hoofcuffs were gone now, lying shattered on the bed.

I turned her on her side, rubbing her back with my hooves, “Stay with me, stay with me! Please!”

It worked. I have no idea what, but something I did worked, and I heard her choke down one more breath, and then another. It was then I noticed the tears falling on my hooves. They were mine.

When did I start crying?

“Impressive,” a voice came from the entrance way.

I looked over, angry at whoever hadn’t been here to help her. My anger died as soon as I took in the sight of Princess Luna. She was just how she had been in my dreams, and on the train after that.

“Princess Luna,” I said and bowed my head. Somehow, I had respect for her, and a part of me trusted in her presence.

Directly behind her, Wave ran in with a doctor following behind. He paused and looked at me, unsure what to do with me in the way.

“Are you simply going to stand there, or help my wife? I won’t harm your coat, now MOVE,” I shouted at him.

That lit a fire under his flank. He moved to the other side of the bed and levitated up a stethoscope, listening to her breathing.

Like you can’t just hear it. I thought with a frown.

My attention turned back to Luna, she was levitating up the cuffs, “You shouldn’t have been able to break these.”

“The things we do,” I started to say, only for Luna to finish it.

“For the one’s we love,” Luna finished, then turned up to look at me before stepping closer and lowering her horn. I had no idea what she was about to do, but I decided to wait instead of acting like she was threatening me. Her horn gently touched me and a blue hint of magic touched me before fading off, “This is quite interesting. Your magic levels increased to a level that is normally reserved for the most powerful unicorns, perhaps even further.”

“I had no choice, although I don’t know how I did it. Lavender was about to die,” I replied.

She cocked her head and looked at me, “You are an interesting mare, Aurora Blue.”

“You don’t call me a changeling?” I asked.

“Why should I? Our conversation in your dream showed me that you are more than a simple changeling, but a very interesting individual with a lot of facettes,” she said with a smile.

“Well, your sister wasn’t that nice. To her, I’m just a changeling, the same that crashed Princess Mi Amore Cadenzas wedding,” I laughed bitterly.

“My sister keeps a very black and white world view. I have a deeper understanding of those that are more at home in the darkness. The truth is while there are plenty on either side of the good and evil spectrum, the majority of things fall in the center.”

“Like me?”

“Like you,” she confirmed with a smile.

“Princess Luna I--”

“Please, just Luna.”

“Luna, I don’t mean to sound unappreciative for everything you’ve done for us, but I need to make a request before we can talk anymore.”

“And what would that be, Aurora?” she asked.

“If it’s in your power, Luna, please save my wife.”

“You asked my sister the same question, and she refused before you would give us answers,” Luna replied, and I was already about to say something when she stopped me with a hoof, “But after all you did for my guards and your family, I will grant you this request and trust you.”

I heard it once said that the worst feeling in the world is when you feel hope die. If that is true, then what I felt at that moment was easily the best feeling in the world. I watched with tears in my eyes as Luna walked over to my wife. She lowered her horn and called her magic to the bed.

Her eyes opened up as she poured more and more power into her spell, channeling her vast reserves of magic energy into Lavender’s body. I was dumbfounded and scared at the sort of power I was seeing, but I didn’t move, fearful that any actions by me may cause the spell to fade and her to die.

Luna blinked her eyes clear as the spell started to fade. I looked down, my eyes locked on my wife’s sleeping form. Her breathing slowed from its irregular breaths to a steady rhythm.

My heart stopped beating when she opened her eyes and looked at me.

She smiled.

I started pouring tears as I wrapped my hooves around her, “Oh, thank you!” I cried. I cried more than I had ever cried in my life.

Luna smiled and nodded towards me, before addressing Lavender, “So, you are Lavender Skies, the one Aurora Blue would do everything in the world for. I’m quite impressed. Would you mind adding a disguise to your body?”

She nodded, the mask around her muzzle making speaking impossible. I saw her struggle, trying to return to a pony form. With a smile, I leaned down and pressed my muzzle against her, “I’ll help you,” I whispered into her ear.

She looked at me with pure love in her eyes as I tried to channel everything I had left into her body. My magic and my feelings for her. I thought of everything we had been through, every feeling, every moment of passion, all the good, and the bad. I poured my heart into the mare, granting her all the strength I possibly could.

When I pulled back, it wasn’t a changeling that was in the bed, it was Lavender Skies, the pegasus I first said ‘I love you’ to. I smiled gratefully, a smile that faltered as Lavender touched upon her stomach, her expression turning into one of pure panic.

“Your egg is fine. I was able to protect it against the magical drain as I brought you here, don’t worry,” Luna gently spoke with a smile.

“Luna,” I said as I looked up at her. She met my gaze without turning away, despite my tearstained muzzle, “I won’t forget this, ever. I owe you everything, you name it and I’ll do it, anything, ever.”

“No such debt is necessary,” Luna replied with a smile.

I couldn’t take it anymore, I got off Lavender's bed and ran to the alicorn, surprising her with my speed. I wrapped her in a hug for all my worth.

She was taken aback by that, but I didn’t care. I owed the princess everything that mattered to me, “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!” I sobbed into her ethereal mane.

I heard a cough, “Hey, that is still my wife,” an amused voice spoke, and as I turned, I saw that the doctor had taken the mask away from Lavender’s muzzle and she was smiling.

“Well, not officially,” I replied with a grin, “But that’s something I’m about to change, anyways,” I added, and she blushed.

As I reluctantly pulled away from Luna, I whispered, “My offer still stands,” to the mare.

She nodded her understating, “I do believe we can let them rest for the time being.”

“What?” The doctor asked.

“I don’t believe Aurora and her wife are a threat.”

“How can you let two changelings rest freely in the Castle? I advise something to put them to sleep, and then add guards in front of-”

“Actually, there are five changelings in the castle in total, and no, it’s not necessary,” Luna said, and it was clear that they were her last words on the matter.

The doctor, reluctantly, made to leave. I smiled at him, “Thanks doc, we owe you one.”

He looked more nervous than ever before, something that caused me to grin.

“That was mean,” Wave said with a smile.

“He deserved it,” I said back with a laugh.

“Umm… I hope you and I can still be friends?”

“Wave, it would be my honor to keep being your friend,” I laughed, “Besides, I doubt Purple will accept you distrusting and hating me. After all, she should be my best mare,” I added.

That put a smile on her face, “Can I tell her?”

“Sure,” I said back, grinning. Then I paused, “How… how is everyone else, anyway?”

“The one you brought here as a prisoner is in one cell. She tried to flee and kill Snowy Clouds. For the other two, they are hurt, but alright,” Luna said.

“I mean everyone, not just my family. What about the guards?”

Luna cocked her head before smiling, “Purple Star is well and already back to her duties. Wave Night, as you see for yourself, is perfectly fine. Snowy Clouds sustained some serious injuries, not only from the fight on the train, but also your prisoner. Midnight Strike is well besides a few minor cuts, but Black Cloud’s wounds are serious. Endless Clouds,” Luna stocked and her smile faded.

“She didn’t make it, did she?”

Luna just shook her head.

“I’m sorry for that. She was a wonderful mare, after all I’ve heard and saw, even if it wasn’t much,” I said silently.

“Purple Star is seeing to her final arrangements,” Luna said.

“But she was hurt, too?”

“Yes, but Endless Clouds was under her command, she refuses to rest until she takes care of it.”

“Ugh, stubborn mare,” I growled, “Can’t you force her to rest?” I asked before turning to Wave, “You know what I did on the train, why don’t you shake her head clear and tell her to rest?”

She glanced at me, “It’s part of who she is, I don’t want to change that.”

“But it’s stupid!”

“Is it?” A small, meek voice asked from the bed.

I turned in time to see Lavender staring at me. She looked so tired, I wished more than anything she’d just go to sleep, get the rest she needed.

“Take a mirror and look into it, my love. You’re not much different. Suffering for us, all of us, no matter how hurt you are, no matter how tired or unable to do something,” Lavender spoke with a tear in her eyes.

“Lavender, I…”

“Endless Clouds was part of her family, is it so strange that she’d want to handle it personally?”

“I… I…”

“There speaks words of wisdom,” Wave said as she wiped a tear from her eye, “I’d listen to your better half if I were you.”

I looked between them, trying to find words, but as soon as I opened my muzzle, Lavender smiled, “My stubborn, beautiful wife. Just accept it and come here to my side so I can finally sleep.”

As I turned my head to ask Wave to leave, I smiled as I saw she was already on the way out. With one final grin, I turned back to Luna, “We shall talk later, I need to inform my sister of this new development. Rest well, and don’t do anything your wife wouldn’t,” Luna said with a wink before leaving.

“Thank you, Luna,” I said with a smile as I crawled up in bed with Lavender. She raised her hoof, wanting me where she could hold me while she slept. I obliged without a moment’s hesitation. Carefully, I positioned myself so she could do just that, my own hoof wrapped around her.

That’s when it truly dawned on me, just how frail, how weak she was, her body anyway. In all reality she was my strength, she was my will, my hopes, my dreams. As strong as I was on the outside, that was her on the inside, and how weak she was on the outside, that was me on the inside.

I may have been the powerhouse of the group, the one that threatened the queen’s command, but in reality, I felt as weak as a kitten. Lavender was the strong one, she was the one I relied on.

“I love you, Aurora.”

I always feel like I won the lottery every time I heard her say those words.

“I love you too, Lavender.”

***

They let us rest for a week. A week I spent holding onto my wife, every night we’d go to bed in each other’s hooves, and every day we’d wake up the very same way. They tried to feed us, something that only caused me to laugh. With how I felt, I never needed to eat again.

At the end of the week, we were finally reunited in the one place I never thought I’d be; the royal throne room.

Rosewing and High Spirit ran up and hugged us both. I was so happy to see them, “How are you two?”

“Well, the food sucks, but can’t complain,” Rosewing said with a smile.

“They’re treating us well enough,” High Spirits said with a smile, “What about..?” she asked, gesturing to Lavender.

Lavender placed a hoof on her stomach, “She’s fine.”

“She?” High asked.

“I didn’t know if you’d think Electric was still a good name.”

High closed her eyes, “I think it’s a perfect name.”

I looked at her confused.

She met my gaze, “That mare in the dungeon, that’s not the same Electric I knew, the one I fell in love with. She’s someone completely different. As far as I’m concerned, my Electric died bringing you to us, and that’s what I chose to believe.”

She’s strong, too.

“Then that’s what I believe, too,” Lavender said, “And her memory will be honored by little Electric here living a full and rich life.”

“Can’t argue with those words,” I said with a grin.

“Aurora,” a voice came from behind us.

I turned to see who it was, “Purple Star!”

She walked up and hugged me, “Thank you so much.”

“Me?”

“You saved my wife’s life, or did you think I’d forget?” she said with a grin.

“You saved mine afterwards.”

“No, I merely did my duty and defeated a foe. What you did, that was something special. Know this Aurora, I’m always there for my friends, and I pay back my debts. I consider you in both of those categories.”

“And I you,” I said back, “It was your team, and skill, that helped me save Lavender’s life. Even if that came at a… cost.”

The mood went sour at that, something I regretted.

“She’ll always be remembered,” Purple Star lowered her head in respect to the honored dead.

“After this is over… do you think I could pay my respects?”

Purple looked up, surprised, “Sure, I’ll take you to where she was laid to rest.”

“Oh, the funeral is already over?” Lavender asked.

“Yes. Her family insisted for the funeral to be as soon as possible, I’m sorry,” Purple said with a sad smile.

“It’s okay,” I replied as I wrapped Lavender in a wing. She looked up at me in a smile, “We’ll all go together.”

“You might be getting ahead of yourself,” a voice spoke from the doorway.

I turned to see who had said that. Purple did too, and immediately tensed up, standing at attention as Princess Celestia walked into the room, followed close behind by Princess Luna. As they walked past us, Purple Star ran and fell in lockstep with Luna, staying five hooves back and to the right, looking like it was a walk she had been taught well.

Luna didn’t seem to notice, I had the feeling she had told them to stop that more than enough times and learned to just deal with it. I got to my hooves with the rest of my party and made to approach the thrones.

Celestia and Luna both took their thrones and looked at us. I paused my party as soon as I got the feeling we were close enough, “Aurora Blue, I trust that you are recovered enough?” Celestia asked.

“Yes, thank you for your hospitality, Princess.”

“It is not my hospitality you have to thank.”

I smiled at that and nodded to Princess Luna, who grinned in return.

Celestia frowned before catching her expression, “I’m still not comfortable with this situation, but my sister brought some… valid arguments to me, that are vouching for you and your family being trustworthy. Tell me, is she correct in this assessment?”

“Princess Celestia, I can only tell you we wish you and your subjects no harm, we only wish to live in peace, away from the hive, and any that may do us wrong,” I replied, choosing my words carefully.

She looked at me before at Lavender, “Your wife is pregnant, as far I know. What are you planning? Raising new changelings here in Equestria?”

“I only wish to raise my daughter in peace, where she can grow up and make her own decisions, be her own mare.”

“What makes this different than the hive for you?”

“It is different because I’m not a monster that tries to bring all ponies under her control as a cheap buffet, like the Queen wants.”

“You still have to feed,” Celestia answered with a glare.

“No.”

“No?” she asked in surprise.

“In the past months, I never fed a single time on your subjects, and neither did anyone else from my family. We don’t have to, since our own love is strong enough,” I simply replied.

“We have all the love we need in each other,” Laveder said as she spoke up and stood next to me, her left wing lovingly wrapping around me.

“And when that isn’t enough?” Celestia asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked, shocked.

“When you have foals, and they have foals, and they have foals, what then?”

“I managed to break hoofcuffs you enchanted to be unbreakable by magic or force, yet I didn’t need any drop of love more to feed with this power. Unlike what the Queen stated, we don’t need enormous amounts of love to stay alive. In truth, a single loving pony is enough for a dozen of us, so my family can stand this easily,” I said, hoping she would see the truth.

“So you admit to wanting to feed off ponies?”

“We say this is enough!” Luna glared at her sister, “You are trying to make up things for your own feelings! Don’t let yourself act worse than you really are, dear sister!”

“No, it’s not enough! You say they are friendly, that they want to live a normal life as our subjects,” Celestia said as she stood to her hooves and started pacing back and forth in front of us, “You see friends, you see comrades. I see infiltrators hiding in plain sight! I see someone trying to make Canterlot, the very heart of Equestria, into another hive!”

“Sister! Thou hast gone too far!”

“No, it’s not too far! It’s not far enough. You see friends, I see a pregnant changeling standing in front of me, as far as I know, they’re trying to give birth to a new queen!”

“She’s not a queen!” I shouted.

Celestia turned, fuming right in front of me, “How can I know that for sure!”

“I, well…”

“Because you let yourself be blind by your own nightmares, dear sister,” Luna chimed in, venom in her voice, “You can’t forget the day you were forced into one of their organic cells as a prisoner to feed from, and now you are leashing everything up to them!”

“Which is why we can’t afford to take this risk and let THIS THING into our midst,” Celestia turned directly at Lavender’s face as she said that, almost like she was going to attack.

“THIS THING? You are talking to my wife like that, and you call yourself the Princess of the Sun?” I growled, “Love and understanding for her subjects, huh?”

“How dare you talk to me like-”

“She’s right, sister. You are not acting like yourself today, so we dismiss you from this decision as your sister, and second ruler of Equestria,” Luna said cooly.

Celestia glared at her and then back at us, “You speak of love, but it’s only a food source for you, you know nothing about love.”

I lost it at that, in a rage I shot out my most powerful spell at Celestia, green magic shot from me directly at her.

It never made contact, a white shield appeared right over Celestia, dispersing my magic upon contact. However, she winced notably upon it and her shield darkened.

“What…”

“So you do know about love,” she said with a smile before rubbing her chest, “That hurt more than it should have.”

Seven jaws hit the floor at that.

“Sister, explain yourself,” Luna demanded.

She smiled once more before turning back to her sisterm “Sorry about the… theatrics, I just had to be sure.”

“Sure of what, sister?” Luna asked with a scowl.

“If they were truly infiltrators, if that was their mission, they’d never do anything to jeopardise it, no matter what I said.”

“You provoked her into attacking?” Luna asked.

“Indeed, I knew she wouldn’t hurt me, although it was a lot stronger than I expected, but if I could manage to push them that far, I’d know it was true. Love causes all of us to do dumb things, such as attacking me, or…”

Luna didn’t need her to say the rest.

“That she was angered to such brash action tells me that yes, what they say is true.”

“So, had I not?” I asked.

“I would have banished you all from Equestria immediately,” Celestia replied.

“Quite the gamble, sister,” Luna replied before turning to me, ”You managed to hurt her, impressive.”

“Her magic is stronger than the Queen’s on her basic level,” Celestia said, and I could feel the stares of the others at me upon that, “With her, her family has an actual chance to survive, even if we wouldn’t help them.”

“With training,” Luna started.

“She could become very powerful indeed,” Celestia said with a frown.

“I don’t want to--”

“Relax,” Celestia cut me off, “I’m more than inclined to acquiesce to your request.”

“What?” Rosewing asked.

“You may stay,” Celestia replied with a smile, “Although…”

“Although what, dear sister?”

“Dear sister,” Celestia said with a grin, “Can you think of somepony who might be able to help train dear Aurora here? Someone that might know a thing or two about magic and five good friends to help out?”

“I don’t think that your student is ready for this, sister. Confronting her with changelings not long after the wedding of her brother might be the wrong start,” Luna replied with a frown.

Celestia stopped, seemly in thought, “You are right. We will have to think about this, then. In the meantime, I suggest that you try to build everything up like in Manehattan. I’m quite sure that there are jobs in the local weather team and enough building ground for a house and a shop,” she said, giving a small wink to Lavender.

“So… we just start new here?” I asked.

“Yes, I will support you, of course,” Luna replied, “And I’m quite sure that Purple and her guards would also love to stand at your side,” she added with a smile, “My captain here seemed to have won you pretty dear.”

Purple Star came forward, smiling diamonds at us. I actually felt myself getting choked up as she looked at me, “Well, she is going to be my best mare at our wedding.”

“Wedding?” Luna said, then smiled, “Then we should also start making arrangements for that as well!”

“I don’t want to cause you any work, it’s not necessary,” I mumbled.

“No more of that! I want to do this!” Luna said.

“Lulu? Why so eager for a wedding now? As far as I remember, you tried your best to load yourself up with work to miss the ceremony of our niece,” Celestia giggled.

“Exactly, I missed all the fun!”

Celestia laughed, “Luna, you know that’s not how most wedding go, right?”

“No? We shall have to change that, I’m sure Cadance would love to return the favor,” Luna replied with a grin.

“We don’t need a big wedding,” Lavender murred weakly, “A simple one amongst friends would be enough.”

Celestia and Luna perked up at that, “Well, we can at least prepare a small one, don’t you two agree?” Luna asked with a smile.

“Well… if you insist,” I reluctantly said.

“Oh, joyous occasion, I shall send out the letters and start making plans,” Luna said as she jumped off the throne and started to make her way out the door.

“Letters?” Lavender and I asked in unison.

“Luna, you know they said small, right?” Celestia asked, following her out.

“Small, yes.No more than five hundred guests.”

“Luna, they said small!”

“Is five-hundred not small? Okay, six hundred.”

“LULU!”

“We kid, we know what small means.”

“What does it mean?”

“Under a thousand.”

“LULU!” Celestia yelled as the pair got out of our hearing range.

“What the hay just happened?” I asked Purple, who just laughed and shook her head.

“You won two new friends,” she replied before nodding to her wife and leaving the room as well.

She paused before stepping out, “Come, let me show you all to more… accommodating domiciles.”

I chuckled a little at that, watching with a smile as Rosewing and High Spirits grinned and followed Purple Star out of the room. As Lavender gave me a kiss on the cheek, she lead the way, me right behind her.

I don’t exactly know how I got this family, but they’re mine, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Author's Note:

All good things have to come to an end.
Expect the epilogue soon :twilightsmile: