• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 1,996 Views, 97 Comments

Translucent Heart: Tales of a half breed - Harmony Split



Do you think that every changeling is bad deep in it’s heart? Do you know that some changelings, especially the mares are nothing better than slaves? My name is Aurora Blue. I’m a half breed and this is my Story.

  • ...
13
 97
 1,996

New Teammate

Chapter fifteen: New Teammate

I woke up early in the morning as the first rays of sun tickled my muzzle. Looking up to the clock I sighed. Barely an hour until I had to get to work. Lavender was softly slumbering at my side, a smile on her face.

I was a bit worried that the queen never said or did anything since we revealed her double game, but I also knew that I would defend my family with my life. Thinking about last night and that our child would now grow, it made me smile and happy. Really happy.

I spent the next few minutes just lying there, watching her in her sleep. My eyes took in each and every detail of the changeling I grew to love. I watched as she took a deep breath in her sleep, her stomach rising and falling as she breathed in and out.

I couldn’t help myself. All on its own, my hoof found its way to her belly, imagining what she’d look like when she started to get bigger with our egg. I pictured her growing and growing, the mark of our love becoming bigger and bigger as her body nourished our foal.

I smiled at the thought that another mare would give birth to my foal. A year ago, it would have been ridiculous to even think of such a thing. Now, I kinda knew how stallions must have felt when they knock up a mare. It was amazing to me that she was capable of doing that, especially with me being a mare.

I must have pressed too hard as she opened her eyes and looked at me, a smile upon her face, “Morning, my love,” she said.

“Morning, sweetheart,” I said back, a smile to match her own on my lips.

She leaned forward for a kiss. I had no doubt that my breath was not the best thing to smell in the morning, but if she took notice, she gave no sign.

A poof sound came from behind me as my wings betrayed how I felt. She giggled a little at the sight, “Is that because of little old me?”

“What do you think?” I replied as I jumped up on her and pinned her hooves to the bed. She smiled and giggled, putting up a token defence.

“Aurora!” she shouted.

“Oh, now you're mine,” I replied as I started to plant kisses up and down her muzzle, enjoying the feeling of her writhing and squirming underneath me.

When she stopped moving, I pull back, worried I might have overdone it. However, all I saw was a smile on her face as she looked at me.

That look, I love that look.

It was her turn to surprise me. She reached up and kissed me again, “Think we have time?” she asked.

Every single fiber in my body wanted to say either ‘yes’, or ‘who gives a buck’, sadly, the clock and my better nature got the best of me. With a sigh, I had no choice but to say, “No, sadly.”

She looked at me with what I thought would be confusion or disbelief. Instead, all I saw was love. Love that was somehow directed at me, “Tonight?” she asked.

Like it’s a real question.

“Of course. Or maybe I could stop by for lunch?” I asked with a wink and a grin.

“Oh, a nooner sounds like fun,” she replied with that same smile.

I’d kill Celestia for that smile.

I kissed her again a few more times before I actually got off. As I made my way into the bathroom, I caught her stealing glances at my flank from the corner of my eyes. With a smile and a grin, I added a little more bounce to my step, letting her get a good look at everything she wanted to see.

Sadly, all good things. I was left with no choice but to turn the corner and began my morning routine.

After relieving myself, grabbing my toothbrush and a comb, I went to work at the mirror when I heard a sound that I’d never forget to the day I die. It was the most delightful hum coming from Lavender. The mare was almost singing as she made the bed and cleaned up the room, waiting for her turn to use the restroom. I won’t lie, my heart was in my throat as I listened to it.

Is this really my life?

It seemed surreal, I finally understood all those sappy love songs, all those looks other couples in love would give each other as they went about their way. I felt like I was crying at the thought. Like it was simply too good to be true.

It took me a minute to realize that I was crying, that I was so happy I was crying about it. Spitting out the toothpaste, I started to giggle a little at the absurdity of it all. Here I was, a forced, transmuted half-breed changeling, who fell in love with another changeling, was starting a family with her, and I was so happy that I was crying about it.

I wouldn’t change a damn thing.

The thought didn’t cause me distress. Quite the opposite, in fact. It caused my smile to grow as I finished my mane and made my way out the door, following the noise down the hallway and to the kitchen.

“I’m making waffles, how would you like yours?” Lavender asked.

“Caneighdian maple syrup?”

“Sure thing,” she said back.

I watched her as she cooked, smiling like a doofus all the while. She was cooking me breakfast, my pregnant marefriend was cooking me breakfast. Not because I asked her to, or because it was some role we had agreed upon, but just because she wanted to. Because she thought it would make me happy.

It did, but not because of what she did, but because she was happy doing it. Had she asked, had she not started, I would have done it, gladly, because it would make her happy. The hive couldn’t be more far away at the moment.

I just hope it is a good sign that she didn’t try to contact us since last night.

“If you’re going to stand there, you can set the table,” Lavender said as she looked at me, a small giggle on her face.

“Oh, yeah, right,” I said back, unaware I had been looking at her that long. Being lost in my thoughts had its downsides, it seemed. With a nod, I went to the cabinet and grabbed two plates and some flatware.

“Don’t forget the syrup, too,” she called out.

“Got it,” I replied, grabbing the syrup and taking it all to the table.

I was only in there for another minute before she brought out a stack of waffles and dumped two-thirds of them on my plate. I looked down at them and back up at her, “You trying to make me fat?” I said in jest.

She laughed at me, “Of course not, but you do have the more physical job, and besides, I think you forget I’m in a confectionary all day.”

“Oh, are you going to get a sweet tooth?” I asked, playfully.

“Maybe,” she replied back with a smile.

“I can’t wait to feed my pregnant little changeling some strawberries dipped in chocolate icing,” I said in a laugh.

“Aurora!”

“I’ll place them in my muzzle first and make you fish them out, using only your tongue.”

“Why just your muzzle?” she asked with a smile and a blush.

“Oh, naughty mare.”

It amazed me how time just flew when you least wanted it to. I swear to this day we were only talking for a few minutes, yet the clock said differently, “Aurora, you better head out.”

I looked up, sure enough I had twenty minutes to get to work, “How in the heck?”

“Will I see you at lunch?” she asked.

“Still want that nooner, huh?” I asked with a laugh.

“Eleven thirty, come by the back entrance.”

The smile on her face told me the answer to that question. My wings shooting up behind me gave her her answer back.

She laughed at me, “Now get going.”

“Yes, ma’am,” I replied back.

I left the house with a song on my lips and a spring in my step. Closing the door behind me, I spread my wings wide and took off into the day sky. Noting with some dismay that the cloud cover was a bit rougher than I remembered, a sign that we might have rain today.

I gotta remember to check the weather report for the rest of the week.

I was humming on my flight to work that day. My thoughts full of the mare that won my heart, the one I was starting a family with, that I was starting a life with. There was an old saying I heard a long time ago; happiness attracts happiness. That saying proved itself true when I arrived at work. Everypony, and I mean everypony, just seemed happy.

Although, the first thing that happened to me was being accosted by Deep Blue as she grabbed my hoof and dragged me into a side room.

“Deep Blue, what the hay?”

She shut the door behind us and turned to look at me, a pissed expression on her face.

“Oh, oh. That bad?” I asked, uncertainty written upon my muzzle.

She pounced on me, wrapping me up in her hooves and squeezing my neck as hard as she could, “Thank you!”

“Oh, that good?” I asked back with a laugh.

“Let’s just say, April had to call out today,” she said with a grin.

“She’s not sick?” I asked, worried.

“More like worn out,” she said with a laugh.

“You dog!” I replied with a laugh.

“She said it’s my turn tonight,” Deep Blue said in a blush.

“Good thing you have the weekend to recover,” I replied with a laugh.

“Oh, I can’t wait. I’ll tell you, Dew, I have no idea what was in the chocolate, but wow, did it work like a champ. Can I get more of that?”

“Deep Blue, it wasn't the chocolate, it was you making the effort that did it.”

“Yeah, I’m making the effort to get more chocolate.”

I laughed at that, “Okay, fine, I’ll bring some back when I met Lavender for lunch.”

“Oh, can I go, too? I’d love to tell her thanks in person.”

“Uhh… not today,” I replied with a blush, “Maybe tomorrow?”

“Oooohhhhh,” Deep grinned, “I understand.”

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation, “Hey, you two, we got a storm to get prepared.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I replied, “we’re coming.”

We both left the room to see all the other ponies looking at us, they were giving us a stare that asked if we were doing something naughty together, “Cut it out, we were just talking.”

“Sure, talking,” Blueberry meamed quotation with her wings.

“I got a marefriend,” I said back.

“So do I, Blueberry, shut up,” Deep Blue said with a grin.

“Alright everyone, stop screwing around, we gotta get to work,” Lightning Bolt said, “You can tease the newbie later. We’ve got a storm to prepare.”

I watched as Lightning started to pair off everypony for the day’s assignment. With a smile, I looked around seeing all the happy faces grinning despite the rainstorm that was due in today. My smile turned into a frown as I saw a new face, somepony I didn’t remember from yesterday.

I walked over to introduce myself, “Hi, I’m Morning Dew,” I said with an extended wing and a friendly expression.

“Are you?” she said back with a huff before turning away from me.

“What in the…”

“Dew, I see you’ve met High Spirits. She just started today, I’m going to have her added to yours and Blue’s team today so you can learn together,” Lightning said.

I turned to her, the yellow pegasus with the pink mane and two big cloud cutie mark just glared back, leaving me with the feeling of somepony walking over my grave.

“Alright, you two, let’s get going. We’ve gotta take care of the south today!” Deep Blue said as she joined us.

“How far south?” High Spirits asked.

“Just to the edge of the city,” Deep Blue replied.

High Spirits seemed a bit disappointed and stepped closer to me, “Next time,” she said before turning away.

As she came closer, I got that familiar, odd chill feeling in my chest and cursed.

She’s a changeling.

As we set out to the south, I kept her in my sights, glaring at her, trying to figure out why she was there, why she was sent to me.

What game are you playing now?

There was no answer, much to my surprise, since I knew how much she loved to play with me and Lavender.

We did everything you wanted us to do!

Still nothing. Furious, I completely missed when Deep Blue called out my name for the third time, “Dew!” she shouted at me as she waved a hoof in front of my face.

“What?!” I replied, causing her to jump back, “Sorry,” I said, “I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s okay,” Deep Blue replied, uncertainly in her voice at my sudden snap, “I was just saying I want you to head west. I’ll take High Spirits and start on the east.”

“Actually, why don’t I show her how it’s done,” I replied with the friendliest smile I could.

“You sure? I mean you just started and…”

“It’s fine, I know what to do. I am a natural, after all,” I said.

She looked at me again, “Okay, come get me if you have any questions, though.”

“Sure thing, boss!” I replied jokingly as she flew off. I could tell by the speed she was going that Deep Blue knew something was wrong, something was off, but she trusted me for now.

As soon as she was out of range I turned to High Spirits, who was simply looking at me with an ‘I don’t give a buck’ face, “What are you doing here?” I asked in a growl.

“I’m just here to learn how to be a weather pony,” she replied.

“Don’t lie to me. What are you really doing here?” I tried again with a snarl.

“Why, Aurora, I have no idea what you're going on about,” she said with a devilish grin as she went to work.

I didn’t let her, and grabbed her to yank her back, “I want some answers now, or I choose here and now that you are a threat to my family,” It was no empty threat, if she wanted to hurt Lavender or our child she would be gone.

A green aura popped right in front of me, causing me to fly back a few hooves. I blinked three times, trying to clear my vision without losing track of this changeling. It was for naught, she had no intention of going anywhere, “What? Did you think she’d let you get away with it? You’re right, Aurora, I am here on her command, and she is not happy, not happy by a long shot.”

“We did everything she wanted!” I yelled.

“Did you? You didn't keep your end of the bargain, Aurora. She told me the deal you two got, sounds pretty sweet if I’ve ever heard of one before, and you couldn’t live up to it. She offered you a family, freedom, after a fashion anyway. All you had to do was play along.”

“Why isn’t she talking to us directly?” I asked.

“At the point you two chose to simply ignore her and create your family, you destroyed the connection to the hive. It is sad to admit, but she can’t see or reach you two anymore,” she said with a pout before grinning, “But for that, she got me and others.”

“You do realize that I know that there aren’t many changelings in this town?”

“If you would like to continue thinking that, go ahead,” High Spirits laughed.

“I’ll kill you if you get near Lavender.”

“Oh, little old me? No, you see, I’m just the messenger.”

“What is she planning?” I growled.

“Hey, you two, get to work already!” Deep Blue shouted as she turned around to find out what was holding us up.

“Sure thing, boss!” High Spirits called out as she started to fly off to the west.

I followed, not wanting her to get anywhere away from me. However, what I heard next caused the blood in my veins to freeze.

High Spirits, the changeling, she was whistling the same song Lavender had been humming that morning.

I stopped dead, my eyes went as wide as dinner plates as realization hit me like a ton of bricks, “No,” the word escaped my lips as I took off back north, heading at full speed for Lavender’s shop.

Laughter echoed behind me, followed shortly by a rainstorm.

Author's Note:

There we are.
What will she find?
Who knows!
I know I'm cruel:pinkiecrazy: