• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 1,996 Views, 97 Comments

Translucent Heart: Tales of a half breed - Harmony Split



Do you think that every changeling is bad deep in it’s heart? Do you know that some changelings, especially the mares are nothing better than slaves? My name is Aurora Blue. I’m a half breed and this is my Story.

  • ...
13
 97
 1,996

Sweets and Hopes

Chapter eleven: Sweets and Hopes

The flight with Deep Blue was enjoyable, the sky was clear and the weather agreeable. I took the lead shortly after we dook off, eager to get to Lavender as fast as I could. That was before I remembered that I didn’t know the exact way.

I told you earlier, Superior Sweets is next to the main street that leads towards the weather office. Look for a small, blue building.

Thanks.

No need for that. Oh, and I told her I have to sleep early, and told her to not do anything stupid while I’m out. She thinks that I’m asleep now, so you can share a bit time together.

That’s surprisingly nice of you.

Aurora, listen. You’re one of the hive, you’re my family. If you want to create your own, I‘ll support it. You may never forgive me, but you can believe that I’ll protect my hive; I’ll protect my family.

I didn’t answer that. I still wasn’t sure if I could trust her or if it was another plan to break me. Despite every warning in my head, I had to go with it. Even if something wasn’t quite right with the ‘deal’ she made with me. She had something planned.

But you don’t do it without your own objectives. Like with our deal.

She never answered that, and doubt quickly spread in my mind. She had something planned, and I doubted that it would be advantageous to either Lavender or myself. Trying to shake it away, I searched around for the small, blue building. With some luck, I spotted it right next to a crowded main street.

After slightly adjusting, I lowered myself towards the building, landing softly just moments before Deep Blue, “Is there a reason you wanted to eat here?”

I blushed a bit, unsure what to say. Before my mind could wander any further, I told her the truth, “My marefriend works here.”

Deep Blue looked at me for a few moments before grinning, “Ohh, she must be really sweet if she works in a sweet shop.”

The blush on my face only deepened at her comment, but I could only try to refocus and will the blush away before heading inside. As we walked in, I noticed that the inside was cozy and small, and most of the room was taken up by tables and chairs in front of a counter. Behind that counter stood Lavender. The look of surprise on her face made it all worth while, but none of that compared to her smile afterwards.

Before I could say anything, she leapt at me, her wings wrapping around me as she caught my lips in a passionate kiss, “I missed you,” she mumbled, a slight blush on her cheeks.

“So did I,” I whispered back, nuzzling under her ear before backing up a bit, “We’re on lunch break. Lavender, this is Deep Blue. Deep Blue, this is my marefriend, Lavender Skies.”

Deep Blue and Lavender shook hooves before she motioned us to a nearby table, “I’ll bring you something fresh out of the oven, be right back!” she said, planting another quick peck on my lips moments before she disappeared behind the counter. I couldn’t help but notice a bounce in her step as she walked away.

My thoughts and fantasies were interrupted by Deep Blue, who cleared her throat with a polite cough to get my attention, “She’s a nice one. Think you two fit together perfectly.”

“Thanks,” I said, not really sure what to say after that public display of affection.

Lavender came back shortly after, carrying a plate of fresh muffins balanced on one of her wings. She smiled as she sat one down in front of both of us, “They’re on me. I hope you like them, I tried a new recipe this morning.”

She is so happy. No need to destroy it by telling her about the deal.

She stole a small kiss from me before she went to help the next customer. I watched her leave with a sigh. It was too much to hope that she might be able to join us. Next time, I’d definitely have to plan it ahead of time.

Just as I went to taste the muffin, something soft poked me in the side. As I turned, I was met with the shocked expression of Purple Star.

“If that is your cousin, why did she just kiss you?” she asked without any greeting whatsoever.

Oh buck… now quick, improvise something…

Well, honestly, she isn’t my cousin,” I mumbled, earning a raised eyebrow from Purple Star.

“That’s a story I want to hear,” she said as she sat down next to me, ignoring Deep Blue completely, “I don’t like to be lied to.”

“I’m sorry. After all, you’re still a guard, and I wasn’t sure how you would react,” I replied, pointing at her armour, “Do you wear that everywhere?”

“Not everywhere,” she smirked before sighing in resignation, “I guess I understand why you did it, but it wasn’t nice. I won’t judge somepony about something I do as well.”

I looked at her, but before she could answer, another guard stepped in and interrupted us by tapping Purple Star on her shoulder. The mare that stood next to Purple Star was definitely a pure bat pony. The fangs, wings and sharp, fluffy ears were quite the indicator. Her fur was a deep blue while her mane sported a dark grey.

“Allow me to introduce you to Wave Night, my wife,” Purple Star smiled sheepishly at me.

“You never told me you had a wife,” I immediately said jokingly. Purple Star burst into laughter as Wave Night raised an eyebrow at us.

“Sorry, my love,” Purple Star said after calming down, giving her wife a kiss, “Wave, this is Morning Dew, a… well, I would say a good friend of mine,” she smirked at me.

“A pleasure to meet you,” Wave Night replied, lowering her head for a moment before turning back to her wife, “I should stick a collar around your neck to prevent you from running off on me.”

“I’m not into that stuff, you know that, Wave,” Purple Star rolled her eyes with a played sigh.

“Star!” Wave Night blurted out, blushing furiously.

“You’re a real lady, despite every other bat pony I ever met,” Deep Blue said, drawing attention to her.

“Oh, I nearly forgot. This is Deep Blue, a member of the weather team I’m working in,” I said, to which Deep Blue nodded with a smile.

“You staying here?” Purple Star asked, still ignoring Deep Blue as her smile grew and grew.

“Yep. You can visit me whenever you want. Maybe all four of us can do something together sometimes?” I suggested, “I don’t think Lavender would have anything against it.”

Wave Night looked questioningly at Purple Star, who laughed out, “Her marefriend.”

Wave Night looked surprised at the information, “Don’t tell me that Lavender Skies, the best confectioner in Manehattan, maybe even the world, is your marefriend?”

I nodded and she squealed, “Oh, you have to introduce me some time! I love her recipes, every single one of them!”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Lavender said as she passed by to serve another table, but not before she gave me a small kiss.

Wave Night giggled, “You two are so sweet!”

“Thanks. Now tell me, how do two Lunar Guards come to marry each other?” I asked, giving them a smile.

“I think that’s a story for another time, maybe when we’re alone?” Purple said while her wife blushed furiously again.

“That’s okay. We could meet for lunch or coffee some time. You could head over and tell me once you’ve found a good date and time,” I gave them a wink and Purple Star nodded happily, “How long does your vacation run?” I asked.

“I got three weeks and Wave has a month,” she answered.

“That’s a long break!” Deep Blue chimed in.

Wave Night gave a small smile, “Well, there’s not many of us, so Luna does everything she can to make us comfortable and happy.”

“That sounds a lot different than what I’ve heard about the Royal Guards,” I said as Purple Star smirked.

“As Wave said, there’s not many. Besides that, we’re personal guard, we stay really close to Luna. We’re actually more akin to her friends than a real guard.”

Before I could question further, I found myself in a lovely wing embrace. Looking questioningly at Lavender, she simply chuckled and nibbled at my ear, “She’s asleep, don’t worry,” she whispered.

I knew that story already, but I tried to look like I relaxed a bit. All the while that Lavender gave me her affection, the stares of the other three mares were on us. I blushed furiously, but Lavender seemingly didn’t care.

Wave Night nudged her wife before pointing at the clock hanging on the wall, “We should get going. Morning Dew, Lavender Skies, Deep Blue, it was nice to meet you. I’m sure we’ll meet again,” she said, giving me a small wink in the process.

“Yep. Oh, and come by if you got some time!” Purple Star smirked before giving me a small note with an address scribbled onto it in messy muzzle writing.

I took both with a smile, only for Lavender to take the address from me before I could look at it closely, “We’d love to,” she said.

Part of me was worried that she might have been offended, but when she lightly nibbled on my ear again, she left me with the distinct impression that she was anything but, “Sounds like fun,” she whispered into my ear.

I saw that Deep Blue had her eyes turned towards the two Lunar Guards, so when Lavender got up to put the note someplace safe, I lightly ran my wing across her flank, earning a quite ‘eep’ from her as she felt the sudden contact on her most sensitive area. She looked back at me with a devious grin that promised more fun later.

“I saw that,” Deep Blue commented, making me blush even more.

“Shut up,” I snapped back jokingly.

“You have some of the oddest friends.”

“Well, to be fair, I only know one of them. The other I just met today.”

“Still, what I’d give for your life,” Deep Blue said with a smile.

That made me pause. I hate my life, don’t I? I’m a bucking half-breed at the beck and call of the hive. I’m forced to do the bidding of queen bitch herself. I was taken from my life, my mom, and everything I hold dear. Yet… yet here was a pegasus that was jealous of me?

I heard a small humming sound coming from behind me, and the sight of Lavender quickly followed it. She jumped into the booth with me and ran a hoof around my neck, her other hoof went across my chest, lightly playing with my coat. I felt her lightly kiss the side of my muzzle.

I turned to her and smiled, staring into her eyes as I did so. I felt myself drowning in those pink eyes, losing myself in those depths. I felt… happy. I truly did. I could stare into those eyes for hours, days even, and never get bored.

My hoof moved up and lightly stroked her yellow coat, pausing only to play with a strand of her lilac mane. Her grin grew at that, as did mine.

“Get a room, you two!” Deep Blue called jokingly.

”How much time we got?” I asked back, in all seriousness.

That earned a round of laughter from both of them. I played it off, but I was anything but joking. The sound of the front door opening alerted me to the fact that while it was my lunch break, it wasn’t hers. I was forced to watch Lavender leave my grip with a small frown on my face. She seemed to sense this, considering that when she got up, she flicked her tail a little more than was necessary, treating me to a view of her slightly damp marehood.

If Deep Blue saw it, she was smart enough to not say anything about it. Together, we ate the rest of the muffins with smiles on our faces. It was like a virus for me, I couldn’t keep the smile from my muzzle. It seemed to be contagious, as everypony that saw me soon had one on their muzzles as well.

Luckily, for the sake of my sanity, the rush died down and Lavender was able to join us one more time before we had to go, “How is my Morning Dew doing on her first day, anyway?” Lavender asked as she ran a hoof over my lap.

“She’s been nothing but impressive. In thirty minutes she cleaned out an entire section of the sky. It was almost like she had some motivation to get it done. I’m beginning to get an idea of exactly what that was.”

Lavender shot me a cocky grin while I tried to keep an innocent expression. Deep Blue’s gaze went to the windows and Lavender took the moment to quickly lean in.

“You were able to impress your teammates by thinking of me? Never thought that of you,” she whispered.

“What can I say, you’re great and beautiful motivation,” I smirked.

“I’m gonna use the restroom before we head back,” Deep Blue said nonchalantly as she got up and made her way to the back room.

I watched her go, but when I turned around it was then I noticed that she probably didn’t have to use the restroom at all, she was just giving us a moment to be by ourselves. It was the first time I saw it this way, but at the moment, the entire restaurant was empty.

My lips immediately went to Lavender’s. My hooves took liberties with her body as she returned the favor. We had seconds, if that, before somepony came in. Still, we both wanted to enjoy it.

She scooted over and moved her flank upon my lap. She never broke the kiss. My hoof moved down her stomach. However, just when it was about to get to the good part, the damn door opened up again as a new customer walked in.

We both looked at each other. It was a look that promised a lot more later that night. With a sigh, she moved off and got up to serve the new ponies. I noticed with a smile that there was a new damp spot on my leg.

If she thought last night was good, I’ll rock her world tonight.

You two really can’t keep your hooves off each other, huh?

You saw that?

Of course. And remember our deal. Work first, then you can have the pleasure.

I didn’t reply to that one. I knew that whatever she wanted, it would be bad. It would be something I didn’t want to do. I just had to hope I could live with myself afterwards. For as much as it would have been anathema to me not more than two days ago, I like this life. I’ll fight for it if needed. For myself, and for Lavender.

“You ready, Morning?” Deep Blue asked from behind me. I could see the look in her eyes. She was happy for me.

I smiled back, “Yeah, lets get back. The sooner we get started, the sooner I can get home.”

“Color me jealous,” Deep Blue said with a smile.

“What about you and April Showers?” I asked.

“You two are still in the honeymoon stage. I miss that.”

“The only thing stopping you from enjoying it is you,” I responded with a smile.

“Yeah… but…”

“Trust me on this. If you miss it, I promise you she does, too. Why don’t you surprise her tonight?”

So you're a psychologist for couples now?

Bite me.

“So, what? Flowers and candy?” Deep Blue asked.

“Well, we are in a sweet shop,” I said with a devious smile, “Bring her home some chocolates and then ravish her within an inch of her life, you’ll rekindle that spark.”

“You’re basically telling me to eat out my marefriend, is that correct?” Deep Blue looked wide eyed at me.

“Hey, Lavender!” I yelled into the back room.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Grab a box of chocolates for my friend here, please. She has a hot date with her marefriend tonight!” I called out with a wink.

Lavender smiled at me in understanding, “I know just the one. And you know what? I will pack us some, too,” the wink at the end left no room for misunderstanding.

The two of us left soon afterwards. Deep Blue was more of a shade of red as she carried a box of chocolates in her hooves. On our way back to the others, we stopped by her apartment to drop off the box of chocolates. I helped her set them up in just the right way, simply by asking myself what I’d like to see.

“I don’t know how I’m going to do this,” Deep Blue said.

“Not big on the romantic gestures?” I asked.

“Not really,” she admitted.

“Then you have nothing to worry about, it’ll sweep her off her hooves,” I replied with a wink as we approached the others.

“I hope you’re right. If not, I’m gonna kick your flank the whole week, greeny,” she replied with a smirk.

I simply had to smile. The whole day, the whole time since the night with Lavender, everything was fine. Of course, the deal still struck my head at some point, but I was happy. With Lavender, everything would be doable, simply everything.

The problem was that I had no idea what I had to do that evening for the deal.

Author's Note:

Have a sweet, fluffy chapter.
Next chapter will be about the deal
chapter thirteen a special POV again, this time Lavender Skies.