• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 484 Views, 2 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 9 -- Future Perfect - shysage



A few years ago, the Phantom Alicorn had a vivid dream, that we understood to be a warning at the time. Now, years later, why did the Portal thrust us decades into that same future?

  • ...
24
 2
 484

PreviousChapters
Chapter 41, Only Time...

After going through the Portal, Shysage and I did end up back in the Library in Princess Twilight's Castle. Everypony else was already on their bellies next to each other, weeping softly. We had just come back from visiting our Twins in the Equestria Girls world... It was amazing, just far too short; we all felt that. We cried together for a little while.

It was around noon in Equestria though. Princess Twilight put her head up, wiped away some tears, then said "Oh girls, go spend some time at home. Let's come back here for dinner though. And don't forget your coats!"

Before leaving the Library, Shysage and I both hugged Princess Twilight. She had arranged for everypony to come, and that made our trip absolutely amazing, and we both thanked her for that.

Princess looked off across the Library, and said slowly "Our amazing Twins... I don't want that to ever end..."

Well, I didn't say anything. I just wanted to cry...

...

Shysage and I headed outside, down the stairs and into the grass. The Sun was high, but we felt the cold breeze immediately. It was the middle of Winter, after all.

I was still battling with my emotions, so I just followed Shysage. We headed into town, and greeted a few ponies that we knew on the way. I tried to smile, it was just hard. Knowing the searing loss the future would probably hold...

Our first goal was the Cake's shop. We found Pinkie inside, at one of the tables, of course. Pinkie was smiling, so life was good for Ponyville. We joined her briefly. "Aww, Summer, leave the future there!" Pinkie hugged me tightly. I don't know how she knew, but she was right. I smiled.

All of a sudden, Pinkie got this real concerned look on her face. "You two... are going... ...on... ...another trip!" Pinkie stayed concerned, and began to scan around the room, as if looking... Pinkie saw the Cup Cakes on the table in front of her. "Cup Cakes!" she almost shouted. The concern was quickly washed away by a broad smile as she took a bite. "I don't know when though, sorry!"

We all laughed together. Well, sooner or later, Shysage and I knew that would be true. Maybe we hoped it would be later. Maybe we hoped we would be able to see Volume 5 to completion together.

Shysage asked Pinkie to talk to the Cakes at some point about making something like Pizza Pies. Pinkie laughed some more, and said "I'll take care of that! ...Well, after I finish these Cup Cakes, that is!"

From there, we went outside, and sat in the Equestria pony bleachers outside the Cakes for a little while. If only... But I did notice that it looked like these wood bleachers had seen substantial use, so I don't know...

These bleachers were getting good Sun, and the cold wind was blocked by the backs of the bleachers, so it was very comfortable on the bottom step. Shysage and I ended up on our bellies on the bottom step of one of the pony bleachers.

For a while, we said little. Just being next to Shysage...

"Shysage, I wonder if we will ever be able to settle down, and have our own family..." I didn't cry when I said this, but I wanted to... Shysage and I had talked about this before. We doubted there would ever be a good time for the Phantom Alicorn to have a foal. That didn't keep me from wanting...

Shysage thought a minute, then answered quietly "Well, I just hope we can stay here long enough to record Volume 5. Working on that with you, that really will be amazing!"

I guess only time will tell...



PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment