• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 483 Views, 2 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 9 -- Future Perfect - shysage



A few years ago, the Phantom Alicorn had a vivid dream, that we understood to be a warning at the time. Now, years later, why did the Portal thrust us decades into that same future?

  • ...
24
 2
 483

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15, Reunion

I... It's hard to really describe how quickly...

Us Equestria Girls had been in Equestria two days maybe... We didn't talk, because we couldn't... Well, we knew we had too... Maybe, to some extent, we just didn't want too... But more than anything else, I think that none of us knew where to even start. I knew I didn't...

A Cougar almost had me for dinner, and now we were facing four much bigger Black somethings...

I don't think we had any intention of going back through the Portal. I honestly doubt that thought crossed any of our minds.

Still, we were just very tired, scared and easily discouraged, realizing the chore we faced, restoring amazing past friendships...

We were pretty sure that Fluttershy took care of the big cats, but when she sensed her Twin near, that was just overwhelming to me...

Right where I was, I fell to the ground and cried, and the rest joined me...

Summer, Shysage and Fluttershy's Twin (Equestria pony Fluttershy) quickly landed at Fluttershy's Cats.

And seeing Summer again, I just sobbed... We needed her...

I didn't ever want to go back through the Portal.

But just two days here was overwhelming to me. I felt responsible again for these amazing friends, but quickly realized Equestria had become an extremely dangerous place. And that was all on top of the deep issues we needed to face.

Summer could keep us safe, at least.

It was a while before I could stop crying...


...

...

...


In this gutted Equestria, seeing the Equestria Girls... I just wanted to cry... We really did need them, I thought, anyway. But it just seemed so unlikely that we would ever see them again...

And when Fluttershy sensed her Twin... I was trying hard to not cry, but I doubted I was doing very good.

And as soon as we landed next to Fluttershy's girls, Twilight, then the rest of the Equestria Girls fell to the ground and just cried...

How could I not join them...

I ran quickly over next to Equestria Girls Twilight (Princess' Twin), and was quickly sobbing with them...

I... This was just so amazing...

...

We only cried for a few minutes though.

Shysage said what I should have realized. "Equestria Girls, most your other Twins are waiting at Town Square, except for Rarity. We haven't found her yet. And Princess Twilight is at Zecora's Hut."

Still mostly crying, everypony got up immediately at this.

Both Fluttershys pulled the girls (big Black Panthers) way to the side, and the rest of us walked quickly to Ponyville.

The Twin Link went active for most before we even got to Ponyville, and...

...Well, there was a lot of crying...

Most were quickly hugging Twins and crying. I hugged Equestria Girls Twilight and Rarity. They didn't have their Twins yet, and I could only guess how they felt. I tried very hard to ignore the fact that my Twin wasn't here, either. Still, I think the three of us cried pretty hard together.

But, like I said before, in Equestria right now, it seemed a miracle that we were even together.

And how... The Equestria Girls were here...

I cried a lot...


Both Fluttershys and four Black Panthers joined us after a little while.

Equestria pony Fluttershy interrupted everypony, and said that meeting her girls needed to be a priority.

Well, nopony disagreed with that.

Both Fluttershys got the cats lined up, and, one at a time, the Equestria Girls met each of Fluttershy's girls. The Panthers purred loudly the whole time.

Then both Fluttershys, Shysage and I fussed with our girls some.

Well, it was starting to get dark and cool, we couldn't stay out here much longer.

Everypony else headed slowly to Town Square, as Shysage and I flew to Dawn's.

...

We both went in right away, and I was quickly hugging our amazing neighbor Dawn (the elder).

After crying together a few minutes, I asked her quietly "Dawn, are you ready for a bunch of company?"

Dawn was amazing... "Camille, I think we have some ponies coming. Maybe you should get some food going."

"Dawn... There are 19 of us now..." I said quietly...

Dawn just smiled... "Summer, we will do what we can. Please bring them in out of the night."

Before Shysage and I headed back out for the rest, I had Camille help me. "Camille, please take my Shield Necklace off, and put it back on your door frame, just like it was."

Camille was choking back tears pretty quickly. "Are you sure, Summer?"

I hugged Camille, and we cried together a few minutes. "Camille, this simple treasure has helped your family seek to live out true friendship for decades. Please... I want it to stay right here."

Camille used her magic to put the necklace back on their door frame.

Dawn the elder was crying now too, so us girls gathered around her in front of the fire, and we all cried together for a little while.

Like I said before, I was confident the accomplishment of this abandoned family easily dwarfed anything I had done...

Shysage and I headed for the door.

"Camille, there will be 19 of us, I hope that's ok" I said apologetically to Camille.

"Summer, don't worry. We will make it work. Remember, we live for this" Camille replied softly.

I couldn't help but cry as Shysage and I walked to Town Square.


Most everypony was still hugging and crying when we got back to Town Square.

We didn't have any trouble getting everypony to follow us to Dawn's though, and we were all soon inside. It was tight, but we all had room to sleep.

Dawn just cried, as Camille did a good job remembering everyponies' names. Well, the Shyna, Filia and Fiona Twins just made Camille cry. They were her friends. The seven of them cried together for a little while.

Both Fluttershys went out and fussed with the girls some, then sent them off to find some dinner.

Camille said she could feed us some Oat Pies, but we would need to share them. She apologized for that, but everypony assured her that would be fine. Having a warm place to sleep, and together, this was just amazing.

Shysage reminded everypony that good words were still not a good idea. Everypony understood this intentional understatement.

Most of the Twins were quickly hugging and crying again. Well, the Fluttershys and Shynas all cried together. We guessed that this would probably be all tonight held for everypony, and we were right. That was fine. Solving whatever needed to be solved would need to be done during the day, and under safer conditions.

And it seemed that there was just too much 'something' going on, for any Twin-Linking to even take place. This was suprising, but 30 plus years of pain appeared to have taken it's toll on everypony.

After the cats had returned, both Fluttershys later went out, and fussed with the girls some more, then put them down for the night, then came back in. A full moon was coming up, but it was a little cool outside. Still, Equestria pony Fluttershy said her girls would be fine out in front of Dawn's shop..

That was ok, there was no room for them inside!

Fairly late, it was mostly Twin with Twin, as we sacked out on the floor.

...

In the middle of the night, loud noises woke all of us up.

We heard a pony crying loudly outside, and Equestria Girls Rarity was quickly awake and crying exactly the same way, at exactly the same time...

Both Fluttershys, Shysage and I ran outside.

The girls were sitting, in a line blocking the way, as a lone pony was a good distance off, crying loudly. The girls weren't growling.

Well, it was Rarity (Equestria pony Rarity).

I walked quickly over to Rare as both Fluttershys and Shysage called the girls far away from the door.

Rarity was quickly sobbing uncontrollably on my shoulder. "I just wanted to check... And I felt... My Twin..." She said this a few times.

Rarity was in no condition to meet Fluttershy's girls, so we just led her inside, and both Raritys were quickly hugging and crying loudly together.

Shysage and I were quickly crying together too. We... This was everypony... How in Equestria... We cried for a while too...

We tried to settle down. It was the middle of the night, and the next day would probably be, well, demanding...

I asked Equestria Girls Twilight to move next to me, and she did. I didn't want her sleeping by herself. I hugged her a few minutes. I think I knew how she felt...

We were all soon back asleep, except for the Raritys who wept softly together for quite a while.

Shysage and I did the same thing. Having everypony like this...


Maybe an hour before dawn, I woke suddenly to Twilight (Equestria Girls Twilight) crying loudly, and it was a while before she could even talk.

Everypony else was soon awake, and some were crying too.

I guessed Twilight must have had a bad dream, or something. She was right next to me, so I was quickly hugging her tightly, trying to comfort her, and ended up crying with her. After crying quite a while, Twilight got out...

"I had a dream..."

Twilight was still trying to calm down, and this took a few more minutes, then she tried to explain.

"Summer... While I was living... On the other side of the Portal... Equestria... Equestria has been calling out to me for the last six months... Dreams, images, memories... So many... Everything just seemed to get in the way... But I kept seeing... It was Equestria... Calling me..."

Twilight cried pretty hard for a little while after getting this much out.

Still, if Equestria was calling Princess' Twin... No wonder they came... It was hard to not cry at this. Equestria reaching out across the Portal... Equestria was trying to...

After crying a few minutes, Twilight tried to talk again. She didn't say much...

"Girls... Amazing friends... I dreamed... I saw... What... I saw what we need to do..."

That was all Twilight could say. Then she just cried...

We all did...



PreviousChapters Next