• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 15,766 Views, 408 Comments

The Price of Power - kingrulerword



Being sent to pony world was weird. Getting powers was weirder. Getting imprisoned in stone was probably the weirdest. But I'm getting out soon. And I've got big plans for this world.

  • ...
92
 408
 15,766

Chapter 14

**********Canterlot Castle**********

Princess Luna and Princess Cadance sat in silence on opposite sides of a table. Court had been canceled for the day as all of the princesses were preoccupied. Celestia was still in Tartarus trying to find out how the wraiths had escaped and Luna was about to join her, when Cadance had asked her a question. A question that had put everything on hold. A question that needed to be answered immediately. A simple question with so much history behind it. What happened to Mama Blue?

And now here they sat. Unsure about how to start the conversation, they sat in awkward silence. After carefully thinking about how to direct the conversation, Luna spoke first.

“I assume that you learned that name from Sasuke,” she said. Cadance nodded. “Then you do not fully understand what it is you are asking. But this is something you need to know. Where to begin…” Luna rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

“Aunty Celestia already told me how she first met Sasuke if that helps,” Cadance offered. “But I don’t remember her saying anything about a Mama Blue.”

“Did she mention a Madame Blueblood,” Luna asked.

“I think she did a few times,” Cadance said.

“Madame Blueblood was known to many as Mama Blue,” Luna said. “She was a unicorn noble that cared for all ponies. She was a fierce warrior and nurturing protector. She had a special talent for understanding the nature of the world. She could find information that no one knew existed. She could discern a enemy military strategy as easily as she could understand a new material’s properties.” Luna’s eyes watered as she lost herself in her memories.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, Auntie,” Cadance said. “But how are she and Sasuke connected?”

“When Sasuke came to Equestria, Mama Blue was our caretaker,” Luna explained. “She watched over my sister and I as we led our ponies. She taught us, guided us, and looked after us. But it was hard. No one knew anything about alicorns. There were snippets of information from lost civilizations and rumors here and there, but not much to go on. Mama Blue decided to turn her attention to figuring out alicorns. Sasuke agreed to help her. They traveled together for a time and she figured out his secrets and ours. Mama Blue was the first and only pony to fully know all of an alicorn’s secrets.”

Cadance braced herself for what was coming next.

“We are not ponies. We are something else entirely,” Luna said, her voice solemn. “We share a pony’s appearance but we are not.” Cadance’s jaw dropped. “To become an alicorn is to become a new species, one not bound by mortality as you understand it.”

“Then what are we?” Cadance asked, terrified of what the answer might be.

“We are siblings of the wraiths. We are children of Tartarus.”

**********Castle of the Two Sisters circa 1000 years ago**********

The war between the ponies and the griffons had raged on for months. To say the ponies weren’t doing well would be a huge understatement. Battles were far and few in between, with the griffons bypassing every defense the ponies had. They were using technology that they should have had no access to, knew every weakness of every spell, and could take shortcuts across Equestria they shouldn’t have known. And to top it off, they had started raiding villages and forcing the captured ponies to fight on the front lines against their own country.

The commander and his soldiers had forced all of the villagers into the town square. Families huddled together in fear as the griffons circled them and grinned. They eyed the mares and talked amongst themselves. The captain, a burly monster of a griffon walked forward.

“I know one of you is a guard,” the captain spat, “and I’m not unreasonable. Give up the guard and the rest of you may live. But if you make me wait, I’ll kill all of you. One by one.” The captain grabbed a small yellow earth colt. “What’s your name, son?”

The colt’s eyes looked all over the place silently pleading with the crowd for help. “M-m-m-my n-n-n-n-name is Autumn Harvest.”

“Do you want to die, Autumn Harvest?” The young colt shook his head. “Then point to the guard.”

The colt looked around, eyeing each face and looking for someone unfamiliar. But there were so many refugees because of the war. There were just too many new ponies. Autumn Harvest broke down and cried.

“That’s too bad, colt,” thee captain said. “Now watch, as the first casualty of your cowardice falls.” The griffon raised his claw.

“Wait!” a voice came from the crowd. “You want the guard right? It’s me. I’m the guard.”

The captain threw the foal to the ground. “Stand up and show yourself.”

A grey earth pony with a black mane stood up. He was flanked on either side by small fillies. One was a white unicorn with a strawberry pink mane. The other was a blue pegasus with a light blue mane.

“I am Corporal Rolling Stone of the Equestrian Royal Guard,” the stallion said. “I was stationed here to get information about the Leomhann Empire and its strategies.”

“Grab him and take him somewhere we can….talk,” the captain ordered. Two griffons grabbed the stallion and walked towards one of the empty houses.

“Sunny Days, Night Sky, make sure that the villagers stay safe. This’ll only take a moment,” the stallion said as he disappeared into the house.

“Make sure no one tries anything,” the captain said as he entered the house. “And if they do, kill them.”

The griffon soldiers nodded and eyed their captives hungrily. For a moment, there was silence. Then there was the sounds of a struggle and again silence. The silence was eerie and the remaining griffon soldiers were getting nervous. Their fears were abated when the captain walked out of the house.

“That soldier was a little less than cooperative,” he said as he dusted his shoulder. “But in the end, predators will always prevail. We’re done here; wrap this up.”

The griffons’ wore cruel smiles as they moved closer to the captive villagers. When they tried to grab some of the ponies, something stopped them. A blue and yellow force field surrounded the ponies.

“What the.. Captain, one of the-” the soldier cried out in agony as his captain’s claw reached through his body.

“You know, griffon bodies are a lot softer than I thought they would be,” the captain said as he pulled his talons out of the soldier. The rest watched as the the body fell to the ground, eyes filled with betrayal. There was a deafening silence.

“Captain…… Why?” the captain turned his attention to the soldier that spoke. With a sadistic grin, the giant griffon faced the soldier. At a speed that couldn’t be followed, the captain was standing in front of him. Before the soldier could utter another word, the captain sliced his throat open. Sputtering, the soldier fell to the ground.

“Honestly, if you aren’t going to fight back you might as well just kill yourselves,” the captain said.

“You’re not the captain!” the soldiers shouted.

“And here I was starting to think you’d never catch on,” a puff of smoke obscured the captain for a moment. When it cleared away, a bipedal creature was standing in his place. “Did you miss me?”

The griffons immediately recognized the creature. It was the one that had made fools out of them! And now it was killing their comrades!

“Kill it!”

The griffons rushed the creature, swords drawn. It smiled as it weaved through them. The soldiers all slumped to the ground.

“Well that was boring. All clear!”

The forcefield disappeared and two alicorn princesses walked out.

“That was… violent,” Celestia said.

“Must you be so brutal, Sasuke?” Luna agreed.

Sasuke shrugged. “It’s a human thing.”

The alicorns shivered at the thought of a world filled with creatures like Sasuke.

“What did you do with the captain,” Celestia asked.

“He’s having a nightmare in that house over there,” Sasuke said. “You guys handle your subjects. Get them ready to leave. I’ll question our new buddy.”

“Fine,” Celestia said. “But Sasuke, remember the captain is a living,sentient creature.”

“Sure, sure,” he said as he walked into the house. “I’ll treat him like he was my own species.”

The door closed and the alicorns shuddered.

***

“Wakey, wakey,” Sasuke said as he dispelled the illusion in the captain’s mind. “I’ve got some questions for you.”

The captain sat up. The room was rather misty, he noticed. “And if I don’t want to answer?”

Sasuke smiled. The mist in the room got a little thicker and the captain noticed a burning sensation all over his body. He gritted his beak to keep from making any noise.

“Do you feel that?” Sasuke said. “That’s acid. Do you know what acid is?” The captain grunted. “Well then let me explain. Acid is a corrosive liquid. It melts everything it comes into contact with: metal, cloth, even flesh. So what you’re feeling is the sensation of your body actually melting.”

The captain grunted again. “You fool, you’ve trapped yourself in here as well. You will also melt.”

“You’d think so, wouldn’t you,” Sasuke teased. “But you see this is a special mist. It doesn’t affect me in the slightest. And as an added bonus I’ve turned down the pH. I know you don’t know what that means but basically it means an agonizingly slow, painful death for you.”

“It doesn’t matter how much pain I’m in,” the captain said. “I’ll never betray the Empire.”

Sasuke grinned maniacally and pulled out a kunai. “This is about to be the shortest never you’ve ever experienced.”

***

Celestia and Luna finished evacuating the last of the villagers while they waited for Sasuke to finish questioning the captain. With the last pony safely on their way to a better defended city, the princesses breathed a sigh of relief.

“I’m glad we were able to save them,” Celestia said. “I’ll be honest with you, I didn’t think it was going to work.”

“I have to admit, Sasuke knows what he’s doing with these operations,” Luna agreed. One of the griffons groaned and reached up. Luna stomped on his claw. “I don’t understand why you told him not to kill anyone. We are at war.”

“Even so,” Celestia explained. “It’s just different for me. I wasn’t raised by predators. Taking a life is just… It just doesn’t sit right with me. Even for enemies.”

“Well get used to it,” Sasuke said as he approached them. “Because as long as they draw breath, they’ll give their all to kill you.” The two alicorns were speechless. “What?”

“Um, Sasuke,” Celestia stammered. “You have some, uh…”

“What,” Sasuke asked. “Is there something on my face?”

“You’ve uh got something on your uh,” Celestia gestured to her entire body with a hoof.

“Luna can you tell me what’s going on,” Sasuke asked.

“You seem to be covered in blood and feathers,” Luna deadpanned.

“Oh that,” Sasuke tried to brush himself off. “That captain had some real strong willpower so I had to get creative. But I did find out that Grand Stander is the one helping the griffons. He’s got agents in the military and some of the nobles are still loyal to him.”

“Did you kill the captain?” Celestia asked.

“No,” Sasuke groaned. “But I think you’re missing the bigger picture. We have an enemy with untold amounts of information and unlimited updates about the inner workings of your entire country. We’re kinda screwed until we get rid of his influence.”

“How do we go about doing that,” Luna asked.

“Does that mean you tortured the captain and then left him alive,” Celestia gasped, horrified.

“Celestia, I’m gonna need you to focus,” Sasuke said. “And as for Grand Stander’s double agents, I have the beginnings of a plan. I’ll need more time to come up with something concrete.”

“Alright then,” Luna said. “It’s time we leave this place.”

“Wait!” Celestia yelled. “Can’t you just make ponies just give up information with your magic?”

“Yes,” Sasuke said. “Yes I can.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I did,” he said. “I got the information. Then I tortured him.”

“Why?”

“To send the Leomhann Empire a message: they have no idea what kind of hell they just stepped in.”

***

Lady Blueblood snuck out of the castle. The moon shone bright in the sky. Sasuke and the princesses had returned and they had all gone to bed. Not wanting to alert the princesses to her midnight disappearances, she always made sure to wear a cloak and avoid the gaze of the night guard. As she got further away from the castle, the area got much darker. Suddenly she came upon two glowing green lights. She reflexively lit her horn and prepared to fire a spell until she realised what she was looking at.

“Oh it’s just you,” she said to the timberwolf. “Can you take me to him?”

The timberwolf nodded and walked into the forest. Lady Blueblood followed closely behind. The two walk in silence and Lady Blueblood allowed herself to listen to the natural sounds of the forest. Eventually the pair came to a clearing in the woods where the moonlight lit up a small patch of grass. Laying in the grass was a large timberwolf. Sasuke was also lying in the grass using the timberwolf as a pillow. Lady Blueblood trotted to him and lay next to him in the grass. For a time, they said nothing, just looking up at the stars.

“You know I wasn’t always… this,” Sasuke whispered.

“I know,” Lady Blueblood calmly replied. She had heard this story every night since she first followed him into the forest.

“In another world, I had another life. It wasn’t a perfect life. But it wasn’t terrible either. I wasn’t where I wanted to be but I was working on it. It was getting better. But now, I’m in another world and I’ll never see my family again. I feel so alone. I’m starting to forget their faces. When I try to remember, some of the details are lost.”

“What about what you’ve done for us? Don’t forget the positive things you’ve done for us.”

Sasuke laughed. “What I’ve done? There’s so much blood on my hands. When I came to this world it was the first time I’ve taken a life. And what I did today….” The acidic smell of vomit wafted into Lady Blueblood’s nose and she snorted. “This murderous amoral psychopath isn’t me. I’m not,” Sasuke grabbed his shirt, “this person.”

“It doesn’t matter what you were,” Lady Blueblood said. “That person is gone. That life is gone. What you are now is all that matters. Don’t forget: you got yourself involved in this mess. You could have avoided it. You chose to take part. And now two very lost, very scared fillies are depending on you to see them through this. I know how much you don’t like it. I really understand that. But you have to be this person. At least for them.” Her voice became gentle. “And then I’ll be here for you. And you can tell me all about who you used to be. And I promise I won’t let you forget the important stuff. Ok?” Sasuke nodded. “By the way, I took your advice and spent the past month learning all I can about alicorns. What I found out is truly amazing! Want to hear?”

**********Golden Oak Library: Present Day**********

Twilight Sparkle put down the journal. She couldn’t be sure what time it was but it was still dark outside. She wasn’t sure what had disrupted her from her book and she felt slightly disoriented. She shook her head to clear her mind. She looked around her room. Spike was still sleeping soundly in his bed, she was still in the same position with the book in front of her face, and….. What was that noise? It sounded like somepony was hammering something…. Someone was at the door! Twilight got out of bed and rushed downstairs. The knocking sounded urgent and was getting louder. When Twilight pulled it open a rainbow streak tackled her.

“Twilight, we’ve got a big problem!” Rainbow Dash grabbed Twilight and flew out of the tree.

“Rainbow Dash? What’s going on?” Twilight squeaked as the Ponyville turned into a blur around her.

“It’s Pinkie’s pinkie sense!” Rainbow Dash yelled. “She went crazy and said we needed to get to the farm!”

The blue pegasus skidded to a stop in front of Sweet Apple Acres’ farmhouse. Twilight, who had been clinging to the speed demon for dear life, fell to the ground.

“Please, at least give me some warning next time,” Twilight gasped, her heart banging in her chest.

“We don’t have time for warnings!” Rainbow said. She flew to the door and started banging on it.

Twilight just sighed and joined Rainbow on the porch. Rainbow Dash kept up the banging until a light came on in the upstairs of the house.

“Who in tarnation is makin all that racket!” The sounds of angry stomping could be heard getting closer to the front door. An enraged Applejack yanked the door open. She eyed the pony in front of her. “RD, I swear if you and Pinkie are in the middle of one of your midnight drunk prank runs-”

“We’re not,” Rainbow said. “We’ve got a real emergency this time! Pinkie’s pinkie sense said the farm was in danger!”

Applejack’s face went from angry to scared to determined. “Alright then, where’s Pinkie?”

“She said she was going to get some supplies,” Rainbow said.

“What exactly did Pinkie Pie say,” asked Twilight.

“She said something super duper scary and dangerous was going to come to the farm and we needed to get there immediately,” Rainbow explained.

“Did she happen to mention what this super duper scary and dangerous thing was?” Twilight asked.

Rainbow rubbed her chin. “She did something about ninjas…”

“What’s a ninja?” Applejack asked. “Some kind of monster?”

“I don’t-”

“Girls we have to go now!” Pinkie Pie appeared in front of the confused mare in a cloud of dust and a pink blur.

“What about saving the farm?” Applejack asked.

“Exactly!” Pinkie grabbed each of her friends and threw them onto her back. It was then that Twilight noticed the cart of suitcases Pinkie was pulling.

“Pinkie Pie! What’s going on?” Twilight yelled.

“Pinkie sense, Twilight! I got the swivel ears, backwards knees, eye spin, helicopter hair, musical teeth, and slippery hooves all at,” Pinkie said as she ran.

“What does any of that… Did you just say your knees bent the wrong way?” Twilight cocked her head at Pinkie.

“And where are we going?” Applejack added.

“To the farm,silly,” Pinkie said while she ran. “Didn’t Dashie tell you?”

Her friends were so confused they didn’t notice pinkie had stopped running. They looked around and realised they were at the train station. Pinkie disconnected the cart and dumped her friends off her back. They fell in a pile on the ground. Pinkie trotted over to the ticket clerk.

“Four tickets please,” Pinkie said cheerfully. Pinkie pushed some bits through the window and the clerk gave her the tickets.

“Don’t you need to tell that guy where we’re going?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Everybody knows the midnight train goes anywhere,” Pinkie explained.

“I’m going to pretend I know what that means,” Twilight said rubbing her temple. “You clearly didn’t mean Applejack’s farm. Which farm is in danger?”

“The rock farm! My family’s in danger,” Pinkie exclaimed.

**********Laputa 1st POV**********

“So I guarantee it works now,” Starswirl said as he handed me a syringe filled with a swirling rainbow liquid.

“You’re sure,” I deadpanned. “And what are you basing this on?”

“I reduced the amount of alicorn and increased the amount of human,” he explained. “If you had told me before that humans have a set of internal magic restraints that prevent them from letting their magic destroy them from the inside out that poor mare could have lived. But you live and you learn. With what I discovered about the eight inner gates and what was found in the autopsy, I was able to learn that the alicorn magic ran amok because the gates had not fully formed while the equestrian magic had. With the new formula, the human aspects will form and then the alicorn aspects will. This will make the process much, much safer and likely to succeed.”

“Awesome,” I said with a grin. “How much of it do we have right now?”

“More than enough for whatever it is you’re planning,” Starswirl said. “Now I’ll be getting back to the other projects you have for me.” He grabbed several startled unicorns in his magic and trotted away.

I teleported through the castle. Gilda was in the middle of a workout. I grabbed her and teleported to the stadium room. She was very disoriented from the unexpected teleport and it fed into her anger.

“What the buck,” she screeched. “What in tartarus do you think you’re doing grabbing me and tossing me around like that!”

I held up the syringe. “It’s time.”

Her anger cooled. “Really?” Her eyes were aglow with desire. “It’s finally time,” she whispered. She took the syringe in her claw. She looked at it carefully and gently moved the needle to her arm. She took a deep breath and then injected it into herself. Gilda’s body started to glow. Her form started to change. Her bones rearranged themselves and elongated. Her fur and feather fell out except for the top of her head and her wings. Her beak shrank and turned into lips. Her claws became fingers and her paws became feet. Her tail retracted into her body. Then the glow got brighter. A horn grew from her forehead and she cried out. Then nothing. The glow faded and the transformation was complete.

“Gilda?” I said gently. “How are you feeling?”

She opened her eyes and they locked on mine. Her yellow eyes turned red and a single tomoe formed.Gilda growled and launched herself at me. Her speed had improved drastically and I was a little slow to respond. She tackled me to the ground and opened her mouth wide. What was once a toothless beak was now a mouth filled with sharp-looking teeth. She leaned down and bit my neck.

“Ow! Ok that’s enough of that,” I yelped. I chopped the back of her neck and knocked her out. “Let’s get you looked at.” I picked up her body and then noticed something. Many of the inhabitants of this world did not wear clothes. I was holding an unconscious naked woman-thing. “We’re gonna need a tailor,” I muttered.

***

I watched Gilda sleeping in the medical wing of the castle as Starlight and Nurse Redheart examined her.

“So how is she?” I asked.

“I would first like to say that I know next to nothing about your species and that any information I might give could easily be wrong,” Redheart said. “But based on your own vitals, she seems to be perfectly healthy. Aside from the occasional shivering.”

“I can’t believe you used that stuff on her without testing first,” Starlight glared at me. “You’re lucky that it worked. She’s doing fine.” She took some notes. “I’m going to get some equipment. I’ll be back.”

I nodded and Starlight left. Gilda started groaning and rolling around. “What the hell happened?”

“Give us a minute, would you,” I said. Redheart nodded and left the room. “How are you feeling, Gilda?”

“Really hungry, I’ve got a killer headache, for some reason like my heat is starting, and why is it so cold in here,” Gilda sat up in the bed and opened her eyes. “What the buck?” She looked at her new body in shock.

“Welcome to the top of the food chain,” I grinned. “You freaked out for a it so I had to knock you out; that’s where the headache came from. We’ll get you some food later but there are a few things about being human I need to tell you. First, being cold must be new to you. Your internal temperature hasn’t changed and you can still survive extreme cold but without your fur you’ll feel it now. Clothes are already on the way.” Gilda frowned. “And humans don’t have an estrous cycle.”

“What do they have?” Gilda asked.

“A menstrual cycle. From now on, your body will sexually active throughout the year and you’ll bleed once a month,” I said.

“Bleed?” She screamed. “From where?” I looked at her with sympathy. Her look turned to one of horror. “No…. no…. No…” She looked down and then at me with a look of pure hatred. “I hate your species.”

“You wanted power. Every power you gain comes at some price. I think your form and some monthly bleeding is a small price to pay for what you got,” I smirked at her. I quickly threw a kunai at her. Her sharingan quickly activated and a second tomoe formed. Her hand reacted instantly and put a finger in the ring. She sat, stunned by her new abilities. “So, how’s it feel?”

“I-I, can see everything,” she whispered. She focused on me and her eyes went wide. “I can see you, I can feel you! What the hell are you?”

I cocked my head. “I’m the same thing you are.”

“No, whatever you are is way different, the feeling I get from you is,” she shuddered, “cold.”

“Gilda you’re awake,” Starlight said, several machines in tow. “How was the change? There’s no pain, is there?”

Gilda’s sharingan deactivated. “I’m not too bad, I guess. Body functions aside, I’m ready to put this body to the test.”

“That’s the spirit,” Starlight smiled. “Sasuke, get out.”

“Oh come on,” I said. “I’ve probably seen more of this kind of stuff than you have.”

“That’s not what this is about!” Starlight said as she fought a blush. “I don’t want your presence to influence the results of the testing.”

“Oh,” I said sheepishly. “I feel like an idiot. Anyway, Gilda you need to get used to your body quick. We have a mission tomorrow. Time to start putting the band together.”

***

I stood in the throne room of the castle with Starlight and Aoife, the next morning. “Where is she?” The two of them shrugged. “Of course. We really need to hurry up. The plan won’t be as easy if we’re last.”

“Then it’s time for a dazzling appearance!” Starswirl’s voice rung through the room.

Gilda appeared in a puff of smoke. She had her arms crossed with a smug smile but the thing that stood out the most were her clothes. She was wearing human clothes, clothes perfectly tailored for her body. She had on a plain white shirt, a short brown jacket, tan pants, and dark boots. Her tail flicked back and forth and her wings ruffled a bit. She swaggered over to me.

“I don’t even know where to start with this,” I said.

“It’s ok,” she smirked. “Some tercels just can’t handle a badass hen like me.”

“Where did those clothes come from,” I asked. “And how are you walking so well? It’s only been like a day.”

“Well the clothes just showed up on my body when I was looking in the mirror,” Gilda said. “I think they’re made of magic. They did pour out of my horn. And having my tail really helps. I don’t know how you walk without one.”

“I don’t even,” I massaged my temples. “Whatever. Let’s go already. Aoife, you’re in charge while I’m gone.” I grabbed Starlight and Gilda and used Kamui to transport us.

It took Starlight a second to regain her senses. “What? Where are we,” she asked.

“Welcome to the Pie Family Rock Farm,” I said.

“What reason would we possibly have to go to a rock farm?” Gilda asked, with roll of her eyes.

“We’re here to collect a pony,” I explained. “Gilda, put your hand to the ground use your chakra to feel the area.”

“Why would you think I can do that,” she deadpanned. “I’m just getting the hang of this.”

“But you were able to tell me how my chakra felt yesterday,” I said. “My guess is you’re a sensor type. Just try.”

She grumbled at me and put her hand to the ground. Her body stiffened. “I-I feel something. I feel us and… Four of the same thing all in the house over there. And then one thing that feels the same as Starlight a little bit further away. And that’s it. That’s as far as I can feel.”

Starlight pulled out a notepad and started writing. “Please don’t let this turn into anything dangerous,” she whispered.

We walked across the farm. As we passed the farmhouse, one of the Pie sisters stuck her head out of the door.

“Hey! Who are you? What are you doing on our farm,” Limestone Pie yelled. I glanced in her direction and put her to sleep with genjutsu.

“When are you gonna teach me how to do that?” Gilda asked.

“When you get your third tomoe,” I replied.

“Is she going to be ok,” Starlight looked at Limestone with concern.

“She’ll be fine,” I said. “Keep moving.”

Once we passed the farmhouse , I could see my prey in the distance. A powder blue unicorn with a light blue mane struggling with rocks. As we got closer I could hear her mumbling to herself. Stupid rock this, stupid rock that, stupid Twilight Sparkle, stupid backwater town, stupid ursa minor, blah, blah, blah. She was going to be putty in my hands.

“Trixie Lulamoon? Would you mind if I had a word with you,” I said as we approached her.

“For the last time, Trixie is not responsible for any of the damage caused by those two idiotic, undersupervised, backwater-” Trixie stopped mid-rant when she saw us. “What are you supposed to be? Some hairless monkey or some kind of deformed minotaur?”

I held Gilda back. “I, my dear mare, am a human. I am known as Sasuke Uchiha. These are my associates, Gilda and Starlight. I have an offer for you.”

“Well the Great and Powerful Trixie is not interested in whatever it is you’re selling,” she said.

“Is it because you lost everything you own was lost when the ursa minor stomped on your trailer?” I smirked. Trixie glared at me. “Well don’t worry. I’m not trying to sell you anything. Don’t you feel like your talent is being wasted here?”

“Of course,” she said. “But there is no where for Trixie to go. Trixie has been laughed out of every town in Equestria. My reputation is ruined!”

“And it wasn’t even your fault was it,” I prodded her. “It’s not like you did anything wrong. Performers tell stories to dazzle their audiences. The real ones at fault here are those stupid foals who went into a dangerous forest and antagonized a monster.”

Trixie gasped. “You’re right! Trixie is a performer! She had nothing to do with Ponyville being attacked. The parents of Ponyville need to take better care of their children!” Trixie’s face fell. “But it doesn’t matter. Because of Twilight Sparkle, Trixie was humiliated and can’t show her face anywhere!”

“What if I could fix that?” Come closer to my web said the spider to the fly. Gilda was giving me a funny look and Starlight just looked like she knew where this was going.

Trixie was looking at me with hope. “How could you possibly help Trixie?”


“I can do it. I can make you great. Every living thing on this planet will know your name and your face will be drawn in the stars. And I’ll make you powerful enough to best Twilight Sparkle in any encounter. You will truly be the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

Trixie’s eyes were wide with wonder. “What do I have to do?”

I pulled out one of my rainbow shots. “If you follow me, all of your hopes and dreams are held in here.”

“I want-”

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER YOU BIG MEANIE!!” Trixie was interrupted by the screams of an angry pink mare. Pinkie pie was running at me followed by Applejack, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash.

“Sparkle,” Trixie muttered.

“Rainbow Dash,” Gilda muttered.

I smiled. This was going to enough to push Trixie over the edge.

“UCHIHA!” I turned to look at the source of the voice. It couldn’t be… Of course it was. Shining Armor was running at me flanked by a minotaur and a zebra. Well I wasn’t expecting that. But I could handle it.

All three groups stood opposite each other.

“So how is everybody doing today?” I smiled. “Twilight, Shining, it’s good to see you guys again.”

“Twilight, what are you doing here?” Shining Armor asked, without taking his eyes off me.

“This is my friend’s home,” Twilight replied, just as surprised to see her brother. “She sensed something was wrong, so we came to help her.”

“Well now that everybody’s all caught up we can get back to our Mexican standoff,” I said.

“Let the mare go,” Shining commanded.

“And fix whatever you did to my sister!” Pinkie added.

“Hey Gilda, how would like a chance to get even,” I asked.

Her wings flared in excitement. “I’d love to. Hey Rainbow Crash, catch me if you can!” Gilda took off. Rainbow Dash followed close behind.

I handed the rainbow shot to Trixie. “It’s your choice. You can go with them but you’ll lose this chance.”

“Don’t listen to him,” Shining shouted. “Whatever he’s giving you isn’t worth it! There’s always a price for this kind of stuff!”

Trixie took one look at Twilight and that was enough to light a fire in her eyes. She took the needle and jammed it into her neck. The transformation started immediately. As her body was changing, Shining and his group started advancing.

“Shining,” I said as I activated my sharingan, “You can wait for her to finish or I can splatter everyone here all over the ground.” The shockwaves from Gilda and Rainbow constantly colliding shook the ground. Shining stopped and gritted his teeth. “Pinkie, your sister should be waking up now. Go help her; she’ll be a bit disoriented.” Pinkie ran off. “Twilight, how were the books?”

“Don’t talk to my sister, monster,” Shining spat.

“Captain, you are letting your emotions get the better of you,” the zebra said. “Do not let him pull you into his pace.”

The light faded, indicating Trixie’s transformation was finished. She stood up on her own. She wobbled a bit but she found her balance. She stood confidently on her feet and started checking out her new body.

“How are you feeling,” I asked.

“Cold,” she replied. Her horn glowed and the glow covered her body. The glow formed shapes and faded. On her body were now her trademark hat and cape. She also had on a light blue dress that stopped mid-thigh and purple shoes. “Much better.”

“Then how about you test out your new abilities,” I smiled. Trixie extended her wings and took to the air.

“Now Twilight Sparkle, witness the true power of the Great and Powerful Trixie!” Trixie grabbed Twilight and Applejack in her magic and started tossing them around.

“I guess that just leaves us,” I said turning my attention to Shining. “You guys ready to dance?”

The minotaur unsheathed dual axes and came forward. He pointed one at me, then himself, and then banged them together.

“I’m sorry I have no idea what’s going on here,” I said. “I mean, I think I’ve the general idea but I’m not sure.”

“Meat Grinder says she challenges you to single combat,” the zebra explained. “She lost her voice in a tournament.”

“Well I acce-” I moved backwards as an axe came uncomfortably close to my face. A few hairs were cut off and dropped to the ground.

Meat Grinder didn’t let up. Every dodge was followed up by another swing. She kept up an amazing speed up for a very long time. I glanced to the side and saw Starlight hiding behind a rock. She poked her head up and stuck it right back down. I chuckled. I couldn’t let this drag on. I drew my sword and went on offense. I met Meat Grinder blow for blow and held my ground. She seemed to have a surplus of stamina and wasn’t going to be tired any time soon. I charged my sword with electricity. I cut the tops off of her axes and put my sword to her throat.

Meat Grinder made some some signs with her hands and the zebra started talking again. “Meat Grinder says it is her loss. She finds your skill with a sword thrilling and says any minotaur would gladly take you for a mate if you weren’t so hideously deformed.”

A sonic rainboom blasted across the sky and Gilda came crashing down to the ground. At the same time Trixie was tossed at my feet.

Starlight ran out from behind her rock and hid behind my back. “I think we should get out of here,” she whispered.

“I can still fight,” Gilda groaned.

“Me too, the Great and Powerful Trixie is not done yet,” Trixie couldn’t even pull herself off of the ground.

“It looks like your minions failed,” Shining said with an glint in his eye. “It looks like your plan failed.”

I was being surrounded by Twilight, her friends, and Shining’s crew. “No this is pretty much exactly what I thought would happen,” I said. I started using Kamui. “The thing you need to learn, Shining, is that even when I lose, I win.”

**********3rd POV**********

Sasuke and his group vanished in a swirl. Shining Armor gritted his teeth but at least his sister was safe.

“Twilight,” he called out as he ran up to her. “Are you ok?”

The two siblings nuzzled each other and shared a hug. “I’m fine, Shining,” Twilight said. “What are you doing here?”

“We were tracking down leads, trying to find where Sasuke would go next,” Shining explained. “Our magic expert, Hamza,” he gestured to the zebra, “can find Sasuke by feeling out holes where Equestrian magic should be. This area had a hole so we came to investigate. The other half of this group is tracking down leads in the Griffon Republic. So what did you learn, guys?”

Meat Grinder started signing and Hamza translated. “Meat Grinder says his physical strength is pretty high for his size and is augmented by his magic. She says she fought at full strength and he didn’t even break a sweat. His eyes moved and saw everything he was going to do before she did it. From my observations I saw that he can use basic magic in any part of his body that he chooses. Using the lightning allowed him to cut through Meat Grinder’s axes.”

“Good, the more info the better,” Shining said. “Twilight, can I count on you to send a report to the princesses?”


“Of course, Shiny,” Twilight smiled.

“Thanks Twily,” Shining lit his horn and teleported away with his group.

“Is your family alright, Pinkie?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, but I’m gonna stay here for a few days,” Pinkie said. “I’ll meet you back in Ponyville.”

“Ok, Pinkie,”Twilight responded. “Let’s go girls.”

As they walked to the train station, Applejack noticed something was off with Rainbow Dash. “Hey Rainbow, what’s wrong? You’re bein awfully quiet.”

“It’s just,” Rainbow Dash couldn’t pull her gaze from the ground. “That thing that fought with me… was Gilda.”

Applejack and Twilight stared wide-eyed at Rainbow. They had no idea what to say.

“We need to put that in the letter,” Twilight said. “The princesses need to know that Sasuke is transforming ponies.”

**********Laputa 1st POV**********

I looked at the two humanish women in the hospital beds. They were still recovering after trying to use powers their bodies hadn’t been trained for.

“Trixie’s everything hurts,” Trixie said. “You promised Trixie she would be more powerful than Twilight Sparkle! And yet Trixie still lost!”

“Well, of course you lost,” I said. “You have no idea how to use the power you got. It’s like using a muscle you’ve never used before. You just need to work it out.”


“How are we going to do that?” Gilda asked. “I doubt this pansy can even learn the amazing fighting styles you promised me.”

“Who are you calling a pansy you feather-brained meat head,” Trixie shot back.

Before Gilda could escalate, I jumped in. “You’re right. I can’t teach you the specializations you need at the same time. But I do have some teachers in mind.” I activated my mangekyou sharingan and started crafting a very unique genjutsu. “Hold still for a second.” I started pouring the illusion into Gilda’s mind. It took a lot of chakra and I was slightly winded. “Ok you’re next.” I said as I did the same for Trixie. When I was done, I fell back in my chair. “That should do it for now,” I said as I wiped my brow.

“What did you do,” Gilda asked.

“Why don’t you ask me?” A cheerful voice said. We all turned to look at the source. A man in a green jumpsuit and vest was giving her a thumbs up.

“Who are you? Where did you come from?” Gilda was extremely confused.

“My name is Might Guy,” he said. “And I’m going to teach you everything I know about taijutsu!”

“Basically he’s a complex illusion that projects himself using your magic,” I explained. “I took what I know about the guy and made this. It does have limits so don’t think it’s a full person.”

“I hope mine is better looking than yours,” Trixie snickered.

“Of course I look better,” a feminine voice said. Trixie turned her head impossibly fast. “Guy has never put much work into his appearance.”

The woman had red eyes with a ring inside of them. She had on a red mesh armor shirt with only one arm visible. On top was a poncho like dress that looked like bandages, and her hands and thighs were wrapped in bandages.

“My name is Kurenai Yuhi, a genjutsu specialist,” she said. “Pleasure to meet you.”

Trixie gave Gilda a smug grin. Gilda rolled her eyes. The two teachers disappeared.

“They’ll appear when you’re ready to learn,” I said with a yawn. “They’ll teach you everything I know. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need a nap.”

I walked out of the infirmary and I could hear the two of them starting to bicker. I didn’t pay any attention to it. Creating personalities from scratch is exhausting. I trudged through the halls of the castle. Starswirl was waiting for me and we started walking together.

“Good news, the mirror is going to open in two days,” he said.

“Awesome,” I replied. “Let Starlight know and tell her to start getting ready. Oh and if you see Aoife tell her she’s coming this time.”

“Of course,” Starswirl said as he teleported away.

I made it to my room and collapsed on my bed. Two down, seven to go.

Author's Note:

Hey all, how's it going? Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry for the delay.

Remember to comment, like and as always I use your comments as electricity so don't send me back to the literal dark ages!