• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 15,767 Views, 408 Comments

The Price of Power - kingrulerword



Being sent to pony world was weird. Getting powers was weirder. Getting imprisoned in stone was probably the weirdest. But I'm getting out soon. And I've got big plans for this world.

  • ...
92
 408
 15,767

Chapter 21

**********Golden Reach 1st POV**********

Much like Canterlot, the Griffon Republic’s capital city, Golden Reach, was at the top of a mountain.That’s where the similarities end, however. Golden Reach is a city carved into the mountain top instead of sitting on the side. It gets its name from the fact that the city’s rooftops are all covered in actual gold. It has an intense glare that makes flying over it (or around it really) a terrible idea. Even moonlight can blind an unlucky flier. That is, even if a flier can make it to the city in the first place. Golden Reach is in the middle of a mountain range, the Frozen Daggers, and surround on all sides by strategically placed defensive forts and villages. There are bridges connecting mountain peaks all across the mountain making the whole place look like a giant, sparkling spider web. White Water Palace is the center and focal point of Golden Reach. Fun fact: the name is apparently based on the grudge an advisor to emperor had against me. Also, according to Gilda, there’s a terrifying statue of me somewhere inside of it. Unfortunately, visiting the palace was an unnecessary risk. Instead, our focus would be…

“Strongheart Ironworks is the foundry that’s been receiving shipments from around the country,” I explained. “According to the documents we got earlier, this only started after we invaded Canterlot.”

“What do you want us to do?” Sunset asked with a smirk.

“First, all of you are going to investigate the city and surrounding area,” I instructed. “Gather useful information about the layout of the foundry. Then make a mental map of the city’s layout. Trixie’s team will provide a distraction and take care of any interference. Understand?”

Trixie grinned ear to ear. She got lead a team this time! “Trixie will completely captivate this entire city and show you that she should be the new second in command,” she declared.

I just rolled my eyes. “Anyway, before you start, you should familiarize yourself with the city. Today, you’ll transform into griffons and explore. Mark down any narrow streets, possible escape roots, barracks, heavily trafficked areas, anything that seems like it might be useful.”

“Sounds pretty straightforward,” Adagio said. “But nothing is ever simple with you. What did you leave out?”

I grinned. “There seems to be heavy security on the entrance to the city. It’s the griffon capital and Sasuke Uchiha is loose. Golden Reach is on the highest alert short of full on war. If you get caught, you will most likely be tortured for information and then executed. Also, any slip ups here will alert Celestia to our location and she will find our base. Anybody up for death by sunfire? No? Didn’t think so.”


“If this is really that risky, why aren’t you doing it yourself?” Sonata asked. “Or at least sending the rabbit?”

I put a hand in front of Smoke Puff and the energy she had quickly gathered dissipated. “Because despite what you may think of me, I have full confidence that you can pull this off,” I said with a friendly smile. “That and if you screw this up and my plans are shot to hell, being tortured for information by griffons will be least of your worries. The last guy that ruined so much for me is still, yes still, trapped in a nightmarish hellscape you can’t even begin to comprehend and will be for the remainder of eternity. So good luck!”

As I was about to dismiss the girls, space itself ripped in front of me creating a dark portal to the void. Something fell out so I tensed and prepared to attack.

**********Golden Reach Zoro’s POV**********

Now, many of you would expect me to gracefully come out of the dark portal of void stuff, be my usual badass self, and not royally f*** it up in any way possible. Sadly, I live to break expectations.

I tumbled out with the grace of a hippo on rollerblades, landed face first, and at some point, my towel decided to leave me, exposing my Leeroy Jenkins to whoever had the balls and alcohol needed to deal with me. But hey, at least this teleportation doesn’t make me sick to my stomach. Ain’t life grand?

Sanji landed A-O-Kay if my hearing was correct. He even had the balls to chuckle at… well…

Note to self, set delays on my magic earing incase I get summoned in my sleep. By Tao it would be embarrassing if I were to get offed in my sleep again.

“Wow, and here I thought I had bad luck,” I heard a voice from my weeb days say. I looked up from my very shameful position on the ground to see the Prince of Emos in his stripper-like outfit. And he was smirking at me. Oh, please don’t let this be another Donkey Kong Fiasco.

“Sasuke F***ing Uchiha. Would you be a dear and give me your pants? I seem to be missing mine.”

I heard faint giggling and saw ponies. Anthro ponies. Anthro alicorns that weren’t the Sisters. And an alicorn griffon. And siren alicorns? And a quadruped unicorn? And a bunny alicorn girl that looks like she should be in school. The flying f*** am I?

“What the hell? Is that the sword guy from One Piece?” Sasuke cocked his head.

“Sure, notice the sword guy first,” Sanjj grumbled. “After all, he’s the guy who fucked up the landing. I was freaking majestic!”

“The hell man,” I muttered before shaking my head. “To answer your question, yes, I am Zoro, he is Sanji, and I still need pants.”

Doing a few hand seals, Sasuke conjured up a set of his clothes and handed them to me. “I take it you haven’t always been Zoro and Sanji?”

“Nope,” the blonde said. “And I take it you weren’t always Sasuke. Still though, great luck on our parts. I'd hate to be the schmuck that ended up as a Magikarp.”

“That would suck,” Sasuke admitted. “So, what brings you to my little slice of horse heaven?” Wait, is this dude also a sarcastic asshole? Love it here already.

“Well, if you want to get technical, Mr Chef here found a Token, which I'm guessing was yours, and accidentally ran into me as I was heading out of a shower. Guess the rest.”

“I feel you,” he said. “Trips through the Void aren’t exactly pleasant. But real quick, are you one of the unstoppable evil variety? I’ve heard some of us are actual gods.”

“Nah, just two masters of Haki and badassery.” As I put on the shirt, I was taking in my surroundings, and I noticed two things. One, we were outside the limits of a town covered with gold tops, probably griffon if architecture was similar here. And two, Duck butt’s harem looked ready to piss themselves. “Wait, is my Haki leaking? Oh shit I am so sorry.” Immediately after suppressing some of my Conqueror, they stopped looking like a hydra was about to eat their faces. Still gave me a wide berth.

“Just a bit,” Duck butt laughed. “The recruits here were just paralyzed with fear. Nothing to worry about. In fact they kind of need the experience. Actually… how long were you planning on staying?”

“None at all,” was Sanji’s response. “But might as well after Greeny here gets his pants on. What have ya got for us, sir?”

Sasuke grinned. “I was just about to send my girls here on a recon mission. But with your help I could move the timetable up a little bit. You guys want a job?”

“Throw in a few bottles of booze and we’re your men,” I said after finally putting on some pants. Damn did he keep them baggy. I just gave up on the rope-belt thing and tied that like any other knot.

“Fantastic,” Sasuke laughed. “I need you to help my girls steal some stuff. And also distract the locals.”

“Dibs on distraction,” my companion said eagerly.

“Might as well be stealth,” I said, thinking that with Observation and my hunting skills would be useful. “First things first, is there a way to communicate to each group? ‘Cause I may be able to help in that department.”

“That would be great,” he said. “We’re still working on that. But for now all we’ve got are magical flares.”

I pulled off one of my earrings, the bottom most, and handed it to the Shinobi. The Void automatically replaced it on my earlobe. “This is my Token and acts as a cell phone would, minus the payment. Just think of who you want to talk to, and BAM! Instant service, no matter where they are. Plan on passing it to all Displaced.” I reached for another one, the middle, and pulled it off multiple times as the Void replaced them. “I affectionately call these the Equestrian Earrings, as I only give them to natural Equestrians. Only difference between them and my Token is that they can't summon me.” I passed all of them to the girls who placed them on their right ears. The poor rabbit girl was shivering just being in my vicinity.

“This is going to help out big time,” Sasuke said as he put the earring on. “So the thing you're looking for is going to be some kind of designs detailing special tools and weapons. They’ll be in a factory near the big castle looking place.”

“Question,” the chef exclaimed. “How much of a distraction so you need? Rampage or controlled?”

“Rampage a bit, have some fun. We just need all focus on you. And if you can, try not to look bipedal.”

“Believe me,” he said, the end of his cigarette igniting into black flames, “they won't be able to keep their eyes off me.”

“Yeah, about the black fire,” Sasuke rubbed the back of his head. “Would you happen to have another color you can work with?”

“Hellfire Spectrum,” Sanji explained, “has eight colors, seven of which I'm comfortable using. Red is wrath, pink is lust, black is pride, you get the seven sins jist. Each color also has a different effect.”

“Black fire is a dead give away that I’m involved in something so the more the better. You Sanji will be playing with Trixie, Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk. Zoro you get the pleasure of working with Gilda, Adagio Dazzle, and Sunset Shimmer.”

“Oh hey,” I said, pointing at the bacon haired girl. “I remember you. You used to blast my statue with fire whenever Sunny lectured you for something stupid. Helped take off all the bird crap. Good times.”

“I’ve never seen you before in my life,” Sunset timidly whispered.

“Don’t listen to them,” the unicorn said. “They come from alternate Equestrias. And they all seem to have the same general asinine demeanor. I think it’s a species thing.”

“Hey, do not diss Robin like that,” Sanji blurted out angrily before I Gibsed him.

“Sorry, he’s passionate about people he knows,” I say to the unicorn, bowing slightly.

“I can see that,” she huffed. “You’d better keep my sister safe.”

“Trust me, I can see the future. Nothing will happen to her. Probably.”

“Of course,” the unicorn rolled her eyes.

“Anyway,” Sasuke said. “It's time to get a move on! Daylight’s a-burnin!”

As was the custom of finishing a plan, I played an iconic song. Everyone just stared at me like I was the weirdest thing ever. “What? Too soon?”

“Is… is that some magic spell?” Sasuke asked. “Or was Zoro some sort of living iPod?”

“You know Gilgamesh,” I asked him.

“The epic hero? What kind of convention was he at?”

“Well, think of the Final Fantasy character, put the Eleventh Doctor behind the wheels, plus misadventures literally everywhere in the Multiverse. He was OP and had weird abilities that made no sense at first. Gave me this one.”

“Oddly enough, that makes perfect sense. I think I’ve been here too long.”

“Meh,” was my response.

**********Golden Reach, Nondescript Part of the City 3rd POV**********

Sunset Shimmer led her group through the crowded streets of the glittering city. A quick transformation and they attracted no attention. As they neared their destination, she motioned to the rooftops.

Zoro had been using his Observation Haki to scan the area and made constant reports of people’s where abouts. Everyone in the group was nervous when he ended up knocking a wannabe mugger without even looking at him.

Slightly confused about what was happening Gilda found her voice first. “Who are you?”

“Long version or short,” he asked the griffon hybrid.

“Short.”

“Well, you sort of know about Sasuke’s origins and powers, right? I'm similar in that I was shoved into a situation I never imagined with powers I never thought real. If I want, I can knock an army unconscious without lifting a finger. Pretty handy with a blade, too.” He chuckled at the last part, holding the tanto that his host was gracious enough to give him. Wasn't his usual three blades, but hopefully it wouldn't be needed.

“I know nothing about Sasuke’s origins,” Adagio said. “Would you mind filling in some gaps?”

The swordsman sighed. “If he hasn't told you already, then you'll need to wait until he wants to say something. Just keep in mind that Sasuke wasn't always the Duck butt you see today. Literally.”

“But I want to-”

“Forget it,” Sunset ordered. “We’re here.”

Across from their perch, sat an enormous factory. Smoke billowed out of the towers and the noise of metal grinding on metal filled the air.

“Alright, so what's the drill,” Zoro asked.

“Sasuke says the important papers will be kept in a main office on the third floor. See the guards down there? They’re just for show. They’ll sound an alarm if anything seems even remotely wrong.”

Zoro just grinned while they felt a familiar sensation pass through them. After a second, both guards fell off their perches, crashing into the hard ground. They weren't getting up any time soon.

“Step two,” he asked cheekily.

“Frickin show off,” Gilda mumbled.

“Next we go in and look around,” Sunset said. She and the other girls returned to their human like forms. Zoro stayed looking like a griffon.

“Um, a little help.”

“Forgot for a second,” Adagio undid the transformation, returning the human to his original form.

Everyone entered the building, keeping a lookout for anything suspicious or their targets. When they found nothing, they used the earrings to silently convey where they had just checked and moved on to the next area. This pattern continued for a while before Gilda spoke up.

“This isn’t getting us anywhere,” she complained. “Let’s just tear the place apart. Or try the castle. Probably some good stuff in there.”

That’s a terrible idea,” Sunset rolled her eyes. “But I feel like we should have found something by now. Can you use your special powers to find anything, Zoro?”

He was silent for a minute before he responded. “It's definitely here in the building, but the room is kind of weird. Do you guys have experience with secret entrances. Should be somewhere near the Music Fish.”

“I got it.” Gilda put her hand on the ground and closed her eyes. She held still for a few seconds before standing up. “This way.” She led them to a room near Adagio’s position and they easily got in. Gilda moved a large file cabinet to the side and pressed on the wall. It moved back and to the side revealing a small hidden room filled with boxes and paper. “Bingo.”

“Start looking,” Sunset commanded. Everyone began searching through the various files and papers.

“I say we just take everything,” Adagio offered. “It all seems pretty valuable.”

“Girls,” Zoro said suddenly. “Do you know what the hell voidrock is? I sure don't.”

Sunset shot over to Zoro. “Voidrock? You can’t manipulate that! You can’t even get near it!” She snatched the papers for Zoro’s hand.

“Um, still half blind here,” he said trying to get her attention with the bad pun. “Does it have to do with the Void, cause if not I'm totally lost.”

“No, it’s.. How do I explain,” Sunset thought out loud. “Voidrock is a naturally occurring substance that cancels and dissipates energy that it comes into contact with. For magical beings, being near it can be deadly. A small deposit is enough to drain a fully charged unicorn and touching it for a long enough period of time might even be enough to kill an alicorn.”

He simply thought on that, delving into his tactical side. “And I'm guessing that Chakra here works like magic, yeah?”

Sunset nodded. “This, what they’re working on here, could really be a threat to Sasuke.”

“Hmm… Drains magic and Chakra… You know how it affects ki or Haki?”

“I’m unfamiliar with ki,” Sunset said. “Is it another form of magic?”

“No,” he responded. “A quick scan can tell you that the only magic I have is my music mark. Just, imagine you can use your spirit to block anything from bullets to Sunny's death rays and touch intangible things or do what you’ve seen me do. Might give you partial resistance to this stuff if what I'm thinking is right.”

“How long does it take to learn?”

He simply shrugged. “Usually it takes two years to master the two basics of it, but I’ve seen people do it in eighteen months if they’re talented. I could shave off six months of that time. Nine months of training would be all you need if you just want to be good with one after that.”

“That’s still too long,” Gilda almost screeched. “We’re here now, we can do something now! Let’s blow this place up!”

All nodded and proceeded to grab everything they could carry, exiting the factory. Sunset turned back and formed her hand seals. She took a deep breath and engulfed the building in fire. She touched her earring with a finger. “We could use a distraction right about now.”

On it,” the voice of the third human said over the link. “We’ll give you around five minutes before we gotta go.”

“Perfect, we’ll be out of the city in two,” Sunset said. “Let’s move.”

**********Golden Reach, City Center 3rd POV**********

Trixie trembled with excitement and anticipation. “Finally a chance to show off Trixie’s new skills! Do not get in Trixie’s way.”

“Actually,” Sanji said, lighting up another cigarette. “Mind transforming me into Sasuke?”

“Of course Trixie can do such a simple trick,” she huffed. “But wouldn’t a creature such as a behemoth be a better use of Trixie’s talent?”

“Yes, I don't doubt you could do that for a millisecond, but which is more believable? Sasuke kicking people with black fire or a Godzilla rip off appearing out of nowhere? On jobs like this, it's much better to be practical than showy.”

“He’s got a point,” Aria agreed.

“Fine,” Trixie reluctantly conceded. “But can Trixie at least use her new powers to force the griffons to feel fear?”

“But of course, madam,” Sanji said, bowing to her gentlemanly. “Fear and confusion are the name of this game.”

Trixie grinned again. “Then let’s get this show started!” With a flourish of her cape and a wave of her hand, a cloud of smoke swirled around Sanji and transformed him into Sasuke.

‘Sasuke’ checked himself out, doing a few of his fighting poses just to get a feel for it. After a second, he nodded.

Hellfire Spectrum: Pride.” With that, his right leg became engulfed with those ebony flames that they had seen earlier. One problem instantly flared up, though. Instead of Sasuke’s foot being engulfed by the flames, it was Sanji’s usual suit that showed underneath them. “Huh, must be a problem with the Haki and Chakra. Probably don't mix too well.”

“Now that you mention it, Sasuke did say something about chakra not mixing too well with anything else,” Aria nonchalantly examined her fingernails.

“And you didn’t think to say anything earlier?” Trixie yelled. All around them griffons flew away in terror as they noticed the human in the vicinity.

“Shit,” Sanji muttered, rushing forward. “Trixie, keep up the fear factor. Aria, Sonata, sirens cause negative emotions when they sing, yes? Would you kindly demonstrate?”

Trixie wildly made hand seals and the eyes of the griffons grew dark circles around the edges. Aria looked at Trixie and sighed. Her and Sonata’s voices started out soft and grew in intensity and volume. Grew mist flowed through the square and the griffins became more erratic, pushing each other to the ground in an attempt to escape.

Sanji, in the meantime, went for a more physical demonstration of power.

Diable Jambe,” he shouted, slamming his leg into the ground. The ground erupted, hundreds of bits of rocks flew into the air. He instantly stood on his hands. “Round Table Kick Course!” His kicks sent debris flying everywhere, destroying everything that got in its way. Within seconds, nothing but rubble surrounded the genin and chef.

The screams of the griffons quieted as they fled further from the terror in the city square. “All clear,” Aria murmured.

Sanji took out a cigarette and lit it up. “Alright, now we check for anyone who didn't get out of that. I'd rather not be considered a murderer here, too.”

“Do we have to,” Aria moaned. “Seems like a lot of work.”

“Ignore the lazy dullard,” Trixie huffed. “Trixie does not want blood on her hooves either.”

“Now, would you kindly replace everyone with griffon soldiers, preferably looking beat to all hell. Need to keep it convincing.”

“With pleasure.” Trixie needlessly spun around, the dust taking shape around her. After a few seconds a small battalion of beaten griffons filled the area.

Immediately, the human used Observation on the area. Wasn't as good with it as his counterpart, but nobody’s perfect. He directed his ‘battalion’ throughout the center, finding and rescuing anyone who was knocked prone in the attack or hiding. For good measure, Sanji instructed Trixie to do subtle memory wipes on those that had seen anything, altering it to where they had seen Sasuke, no inconsistencies mind you, rampage with multiple timberwolves.

Proud of a job well done, Trixie turned with a flourish of her cape. “I think we can leave now, don’t you? We had to have bought enough time.”

“Finally,” Aria sighed.

We’re clear on our end,” Sunset said over the connection to the four of them. “Heading back now.

With that, the three ninjas and human disappeared from the scene.

**********Golden Reach Outskirts**********

“Excellent work everyone,” Sasuke grinned. “But you missed something.” He held up an eagle that struggled in its bindings. “This little guy had a note tied to his foot and was on his way to Equestria. Can you believe it? A messenger eagle!”

“Isn't that like keeping a pet monkey for them,” Zoro asked. “I mean, aren't they half eagle?”

“Half eagle, half owl, half falcon; any bird of prey really,” Sasuke explained. “But I thought it was weird too.”

“Aw, and I wanted to see one like a flamingo.”

“You should have seen the half vulture.”

“You mean a bald eagle?”

“Stop,” Sanji said. “Only Brooks allowed to make bad puns.”

Sasuke fell to the ground laughing. “Oh my god, I’m gonna pee myself!”

“Enough,” Starlight frowned. “I was looking over the plans they found, and this is a Faust-damn nightmare! They actually mean to kill you!”

“Isn't that the point of an ‘Anti-Sasuke Strike Team,’” Sanji cocked his head.

“But… maybe…,” Starlight stammered. “This goes beyond killing Sasuke. This could kill Princess Celestia, or Princess Luna, or Princess Cadance, or maybe even Discord!”

“That’s a game changer,” Sasuke laughed. “But well within expectations. Chill out Starlight, part of my plan depends on this.”

“So let me guess,” Zoro spoke up. “Next thing you want is to somehow reroute Void rock weapons and armors to your hands, yeah?”

“You would think that,” Sasuke smirked. “But I just need the designs. I’ll send them to Starswirl and have him make something better. And now that I have a Twilight, I expect I’ll also have some countermeasures too.”

“What, how’d you get Egghead to be a turncoat? Isn't she Sunny’s biggest supporter?”

Sasuke stuck out his chest with a bit of pride. “Well actually…” He shrunk back down with a laugh. “I got Sci-Twi.”

Both of the visiting humans cocked their heads. “Huh?”

“The Twilight from the other side of the mirror?”

“Huh, forgot that was still around,” the Swordsman mumbled.

“Wait, what mirror,” Sanji asked.

“Don't worry about it. Probably still broken on our side.”

“If your Sunset is gone, that’s where she is, by the way,” Sasuke looked over at her. “You should go get her. Sunset’s like a more confident Twilight. Super useful.”

“That doesn't fill me with confidence. But now is not the time for the future. Sasuke, got somewhere private we can talk,” Zoro asked the Shinobi.

Sasuke nodded and placed a hand on Zoro’s and Sanji’s shoulders. The two of them swirled out of existence and appeared in Sasuke’s Kamui dimension. “What’s up?”

Immediately from the travel, Sanji threw up and Zoro looked extremely queasy.

“S-sorry bout that,” the chef mumbled. “We aren't too good with teleportation.”

“It takes some getting used to,” Sasuke admitted. Switching to a serious face he asked Zoro, “Why did this need to be private?”

“Multiple reasons. I've talked with some of your team and I need to ask this: are you taking the Overlord route or Lelouch route?”

“Neither,” Sasuke answered. “This is less about the world, and more… personal.”

It took a few seconds, but both visitors nodded in confirmation. “Now, as is usual with us, we might be able to partially help you incase you run across more voidrock shit.”

“Tartarus was lined with the stuff,” Sanji said. “So I know for a fact that Haki can dull the effects, but not erase them completely. Want to learn?”

Sasuke grinned. “Quiet as it’s kept, voidrock won’t actually kill me. Or you for that matter. We aren’t magical beings and chakra is partially made of chi. It will stop me from using my techniques, however, so yeah, sounds good.”

Zoro stood up and placed his hand on Sasuke’s head. “Please keep in mind, this will hurt like a bitch.”

“Of course it will,” Sasuke muttered. “When do I ever get a new power without it hurting.”

As soon as he said that, the swordsman started. Pain laced up Sasuke like nothing he had ever felt. His muscles felt like they were melting, being electrocuted, stitched up like Frankenstein’s monster, and it repeated itself. For a solid minute, all Sanji could hear was the Uchiha’s screams of utter pain and suffering. After that, everything went quiet. Both Zoro and Sasuke fell to the ground, panting heavily.

Sasuke rolled onto his back, trying to even out his breathing. “It’s like using Susanoo but infinitely worse.”

“Hehe,” Zoro chuckled. “I can… imagine. Now, Sanji, crash course, go!”

Clearing his throat, the chef helped the Shinobi stand.

“Haki, unlike magic or Chakra, is utilizing your spirit, mostly for defensive purposes. Can't be drained through any magical means, not that people haven't tried. Any questions before we move onto its practical uses?”

“Just one: can it be felt when I’m using it?”

“Unless they are also Haki users, no one can sense it.”

“Fantastic. Please continue.”

“Alright, so Haki comes in three flavors, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry. Chocolate is Armament, hardening your body in order to strike harder or hit intangible enemies. Personal favorite of mine is that with enough skill, it can generate flames. Vanilla is Observation, which is predicting people’s next move and sensing everything around you, no matter what. Talk with him if you want more in depth. Finally, Strawberry is Conqueror, a very rare one only a handful even have the potential to wield. I'm safe to assume that you saw what it can do, yeah?”

“Yeah,” Sasuke said rolling his shoulders. “You could assume I saw that.” He stood up. “So how do I use it?”

“For Armament, follow my instructions.” As he said that, his leg was covered in a steel-like looking film. “Focus your willpower onto a certain part of your body and just think of armor. Keep in mind it will take a while.”

“Got it.” Sasuke closed his eyes and let his mind wander around his body. He pulled his concentration to focus on his hand. He put his entire mind into allowing the Haki to flow around his hand. He opened his eyes and there was a slight purple glow coming off of his fingers. “Not great, but that can’t suck for a first try, right?”

“Seems okay to me. Best way to train at first is try holding it longer and longer. Eventually, you'll need to do the fun stuff,” Sanji grinned evilly. “Hope you like piñatas!”

“Piñatas?”

“Because you’re going to be one. Hear that girls~!”

Loud and clear, Sir,” was Gilda’s response.

“You sound like you’re looking forward to beating me with, I assume, sticks and or bats,” Sasuke said into the earring.

I will not deny that we all just got a bit excited at the idea of beating you while you stand still,” Adagio’s voice came through.

“Keep in mind you’ll probably need six to nine months depending on how skilled you are with learning it.”

“Fantastic,” Sasuke muttered.“You guys ever want to be ninjas?”

“I could go for it, yeah,” Zoro said.

“Nah, I'm good,” was Sanji’s response. “Chefs only use their hands for cooking, a philosophy I'm insistent on keeping alive. Hand signs just kill the purpose of it.”

“Suit yourself,” Sasuke said to Sanji. “But you on the other hand,” he said facing Zoro. Sasuke held out his hand and two syringes appeared in his palm. One held a rainbow liquid and the other was pure red. “These are things I’ve been working on.” He took the earring off. “The rainbow one will make you a human-alicorn hybrid. And the red one will give you the power through a curse mark. So the form will only be temporary and let you change at will.”

“One one hand, I don't want to look like Sunny’s bastard son. On the other, I'll look like a literal demon with no self control. Got anything that just gives me Sharingan and we call it good. If not, we can wait.”

“Well,” Sasuke thought for a moment. “I do still have my old eyes, if you’re interested. They’re in good condition, for anyone that isn’t me. And as an added benefit they already have Mangekyou.”

“Alright, I'll take them. I'm honestly just interested in the eye processing and copying abilities.”

“It is pretty dope,” Sasuke summoned two jars with the eyes suspended in liquid. “You want to be Kakashi or take both?”

He opened his closed eye with his fingers, revealing a socket where the eye would be. “I'll be happy either way if I get my depth perception back.”

“Take both then,” Sasuke said. “They’re better that way. But I’m not a doctor so I can’t do the transplant.”

“You have one, then?”

“At my hideout,” Sasuke said. “Want to do it now?”

Zoro grabbed his earring, the Token one they noticed, and a portal into the Void opened up. “Sanji, want to explain to everyone while I stay for a while? We shouldn't have been gone for more than a minute.”

“Sure, why not,” he responded. “Just make sure not to make him look any uglier than he already is, Sasuke.”

“I honestly don’t think that’s possible,” Sasuke grinned. “He’s in good…. hooves. The doctor’s a pony.”

The chef chuckled before Zoro kicked him through the portal, it closing up behind him.

“Alright, now onwards with great vigor and enthusiasm, Duck butt.”

Sasuke put the earring back on. “Sunset, get everybody back in the wagon and move on to the next destination. I have to take care of some stuff.”

Roger,” she responded.

“Ready for another wild ride?” Sasuke asked putting a hand on Zoro’s shoulder.

“As ready as ever, I guess…”

They both warped out of Sasuke’s Kamui dimension, startling Twilight and Zoro’s stomach when they arrived in Laputa’s laboratories.

“Wha-” Twilight squealed as she jumped.

“Is this another genuine human,” Starswirl excitedly circled Zoro.

“Oh shit, not you,” Zoro paled. “You’re Clover’s teacher, right? Pony Merlin?”

“I am the one, the only, master of the arcane, seeker of ancient secrets, and Sorcerer Supreme himself, Starswirl the Magical,” he bellowed while shooting fireworks. “Working title.”

“Where I'm from, you’re title is Archmage. Invented like, a thousand spells.”

“A visitor from the void?” Starswirl’s eyes widened. “You must regal me with tales of your parallel world!”

“That’s not what we’re here for,” Sasuke interjected. “You guys seen Redheart?”

“Yes, one of the scientists has altitude sickness,” Twilight said. She motioned Sasuke closer. “Did you kidnap them?”

“Technically?” Sasuke asked. “No. Starlight did. Anyway, onwards to the infirmary!”

Sasuke and Zoro left the lab with Twilight still speechless. Science ponies ignored them as they went about their work.

“Here we are,” Sasuke announced. “Redheart you in here?”

The earth pony sighed as she continued inspecting the unicorn in front of her. “I thought you left.”

“I’m just back for a bit. My friend here needs an eye transplant.”

“I'm his guest for now. I apologize for any problems I may be causing you,” Zoro said, bowing to the doctor.

Redheart stared. “How is there another… whatever. At least this one has some manners. An eye transplant?”

Zoro opened his eyelid, revealing the socket. “There used to be a tumor in here caused by a necromancer if that helps things out.”

Redheart took a closer look at his empty eye socket. “Were the necrotic tissue and residual magic removed?”

“After three days was what I was told.”

“Then it shouldn’t be an issue.” She turned to Sasuke. “As soon as possible?” he nodded. “Then you,” she guided Zoro, “Lay down here. And you,” she pointed to Sasuke, “Go get Twilight.”

“On it,” Sasuke said as he left.

Redheart picked up a tank and attached a breathing mask to it. She handed it to Zoro. “Just take it easy and it’ll all be over soon.” He nodded and breathed deeply. Soon, the world just faded out for him until he only saw black.

***

“Can you hear me?” A voice brought Zoro back to consciousness.

He just grumbled, asking for an ‘Egghead’ to leave him alone.

Slapping on his cheek was felt, and he slowly opened his eye- wait no, eyes!

“Ugh, the hell? I… can actually see good!”

“Welcome back to the land of the living,” Sasuke chuckled. “I’ve got to tell you its a bit weird looking at my own eyes. How do you feel?”

Zoro groaned, grabbing his face. “Like there’s a shit ton of pressure behind these.”

“That’s normal,” Redheart explained. “You got used to having nothing there and nothing something has suddenly filled that void. The feeling will lessen over time.”

“Yup and now you’re looking at a whole new world,” Sasuke grinned. “Sharingan should activate on its own the first time you feel any emotion strongly.”

The Swordsman was about to say something before he grabbed his face in pain. “Sasuke… Kamui… Now!”

Not hesitating, Sasuke sent Zoro to the Kamui dimension before following him.

Zoro lay on the ground, writhing in pain and screaming like a banshee. Activating his Sharingan, Sasuke immediately saw what was going on. Before, the Swordsman was a void, no chakra or magic to speak of. Now, however, his body was generating large amounts of chakra. And at a dangerously fast rate.

“Zoro look at me right now!” Sasuke yelled. “Do what I do!” Sasuke did three hand seals slowly and breathed out a fire ball. “Focus!”

Slowly, fighting through the pain, Zoro copied his movements, and soon a massive ball of fire shot out, nearly hitting Sasuke with enough force to send him flying.

Checking Zoro to make sure the amount of chakra in his body was lessened, Sasuke got up and dusted himself off. “Every freaking time,” he grumbled. “I swear I’m the squishiest one! You ok?”

“M-mostly,” he choked out. “S-still feel the pressure.”

“Then let out another fireball,” Sasuke instructed. “Shoot out as many as it takes until you feel drained.”

It took ten minutes. Ten minutes of fiery pain for both humans before Zoro was drained. He looked at Sasuke, with three tomoe sharingan he noted, and spoke.

“The hell… was that,” he panted.

“That was your first taste of your new capabilities,” Sasuke smiled. “You should practice letting out chakra. You don’t want it to build up again.”

“Then I’ll practice being Jesus,” he chuckled. “Might be useful if I find a Devil Fruit I like.”

“I love swimming way to much for that but it is a good workaround.”

“So,” Zoro groaned. “Got any books or something on this? I'm partial to the lightning looking ones myself.”

“I’ve got one right here,” Sasuke said. “Every technique and style ever used. Now that your sharingan is active just flip through all the pages.”

Zoro activated his new sight, mostly focusing on pages that helped with controlling chakra. After a few minutes, he closed it and handed it back to his host. “Thanks, man.”

“Any time, we’re all we’ve got in magical pony lands.”

“Well, thanks for your help, and give this,” he pulled off his Equestrian Earring and handed it to Sasuke, “to Starswirl. Him and my unicorn will get along well, I think.”

Sasuke stored the earring. “Thanks for your help too. Maybe next time I can see your Equestria.”

“Maybe,” Zoro shrugged. “I'll probably call you so you can take on Big Mom or something if she’s there. But this is where we part ways, so I thank thee for the photographic eyeballs that are too reality hacking for their own good.”

“Right? How cheap is sharingan? Later bro.”

Zoro opened up a portal to his place. “And remember, if you find a tailed beast, I want it as a pet!” With that, he jumped in, portal sealing behind him.

Author's Note:

Hello all! Good news: new chapter! A big thank you to PrincessMoonzilla for the idea and heavy lifting for this crossover with Equestrian Swordsman. It's really good and you should check it out it you haven't already. More good news: I'm back in a writing groove!