• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 15,767 Views, 408 Comments

The Price of Power - kingrulerword



Being sent to pony world was weird. Getting powers was weirder. Getting imprisoned in stone was probably the weirdest. But I'm getting out soon. And I've got big plans for this world.

  • ...
92
 408
 15,767

Chapter 16

Next to a tree in the middle of a beautiful clearing in the Everfree, a blue portal appeared. Four individuals calmly walked out of the portal. The first was a grey earth pony stallion with a black mane and red, mechanical eyes. He had on a black bow tie and white collar. The second was an anthro pony disguised as a quadruped. This unicorn had a pink and purple mane and tail, mechanical left foreleg and right back leg, and a snow white coat of fur. She also wore a dark red overcoat with a symbol similar to a caduceus and cross put together. The third was an anthropomorphic duck that wore a dark purple hat, cape, and coat, as well as black pants. The final one to emerge was a cloud white pegasus with purple eyes. She had a belless jester hat and a black mask on. Her cutie mark showed three balloons with the strings lit.

The pegasus turned to the duck, “So, Darkwing, how are we supposed to find Sasuke?”

Before Darkwing could open his bill, The unicorn spoke up. “Well, he’s a ninja right, and ninja uses smoke bombs, thus, we just need to track the potassium nitrate and sugar.” She turned to the pegasus and the earth pony. “Angel, I know that you can track the potassium nitrate, and Fire Shock, I couldn’t think of anypony else that could sniff out sugar.”

Both teammates nodded before saying, “Sure thing, Fullmetal.” Fire Shock sniffed the ground for a bit before pointing north. Angel beeped and said, “I have found two large sources of Potassium Nitrate. The first is in Canterlot’s scientists division, and the second is north of here.” The quartet nodded to each other before putting on and activating some anti-grav shoes and running up the trees before jumping to meet Sasuke.

*********Laputa**********

Sunset Shimmer walked slowly through the castle halls. After seeking out Sasuke, she had lost her way going back to her room and was trying to figure out where she was. Every room she passed she opened the door, looking for any pony that could give her directions. So far, she had no luck. All she found was an armory, a dry storage room, and an extra large room containing what appeared to be a mountain of sugar. She sighed. This was not at all what she expected when she decided to return home. Giving up on looking for help, Sunset decided to walk aimlessly, lost in her thoughts. It didn’t seem like Sasuke had any uses for her. The other two that had already been here each had some sort of teacher they could use. Sasuke told her that he was still trying to figure out whose her’s should be. Sunset remembered hearing things like that from Princess Celestia. At least he had taken the time to teach her some new techniques every now and then. And those griffons had been more than happy to teach her some martial arts. But nothing took away from that feeling of-

“Ow,” Sunset rubbed her head. She looked around and found that she had walked into a tower. She walked across the room and sat in the window. Looking out across the mountains eased her mind.

“At least I’m not some feather-brained idiot who can only think with her muscles!” Sunset heard voices below her.

“Don’t start with me, Trixie,” A voice yelled back. “Or you’ll find my claws in your neck.”

The argument brought a smile to Sunset’s face. Gilda and Trixie were always fighting over something. It didn’t matter what, they were natural born enemies. Sunset sat comfortably and looked south towards Equestria. The sun was still high in the sky and she could swear she could see Canterlot sitting high on its mountain. In fact she could see a speck out in the distance. It looked like it was getting bigger… Something was coming towards the castle! Sasuke said no one could find the castle. This could only be some kind of attack. Now Susnet had a chance to prove herself. She wouldn’t let it go to waste. She jumped down from the tower into the courtyard. Gilda and Trixie noticed her but neither stopped yelling at the other.

“Hey, both of you are idiots but we don’t have time for that now,” Sunset said. Gilda and Trixie glared at the newcomer. “Listen up, something is flying directly here. Which means we’ve got enemies on our hoof-er hands. The three of us have to defend this place. And maybe, just maybe, Sasuke will reward us.”

“I’m in,” Gilda grinned.

“If she is, so am I,” Trixie wouldn’t let Gilda get ahead of her.

“Great,” Sunset replied. “So now all we have to do is intercept them before they get here.”

Meanwhile, two hundred yards away from the castle, the four individuals were resting on a large tree branch, mostly because Darkwing was searching for his hat. “I knew that it fell right here.” He moved some branches aside to see that his hat was sitting on top of a large vulture’s head. “I’ll have you know sir, that that hat belongs to me.” He then proceeded to swipe the hat off of the vulture. He reached into the hat and pulled out a salmon. He swallowed the fish before saying, “Yep, it still works.” The four got up and proceeded to travel to the castle in their own fashions. Darkwing reached into his hat and pulled out a jetpack before taking off. Fireshock chuckled and teleported from tree to tree. Angel stuck to using the antigrav shoes, and Sweetie Belle clapped her hooves together before transmuting the tree that they were on into a wooden bridge with a leaf canopy. She then proceeded to calmly walk to the castle.

Sunset motioned silently to her teammates. Trixie nodded and faded from view. Gilda flared her wings and soared straight up at the flying enemy. Sunset activated her sharingan and focused on the floating stallion wearing the bowtie. Something about him seemed off. Stealth would serve her best in this fight. She pulled out a kunai with an explosive tag attached. Now he just needed to move into position.

Angel stopped in mid flight before facing Sunset directly. “You know, my dear.” he said in a deep british accent. “There is no point in stealth if you can’t control your breathing and heart rate. I mean seriously, I heard you about thirty yards back.” This shocked Sunset, causing her to pull out more explosive kunai. He then proceeded to fly directly towards Sunset in a slow and menacing fashion. Panicking, Sunset threw her kunai at Jarvis. Normally, his Nth metal/ quicksilver body would easily take this blast, but Jarvis was in the mood for theatrics. When the kunai hit, he separated his body into many chunks, getting them to spew fake blood.

“Even if you can hear me coming,” Sunset said with renewed confidence. “It doesn’t help you if you can’t even dodge that. As she turned around she wondered aloud, “I wonder the others have it this easy.”

Opera music began to play all around her as a maddening laugh came from the pile. The pile quickly formed back into the body of the grey stallion still laughing his head off. “You thought that you could kill the Angel of Death? Lady, you are entering a world of chaos that you only pretend to know. But, who knows, you may enjoy the next thirty seconds of the fight.”

“Why does this kind of stuff only happen to me,” Sunset muttered as she tried to move her legs. But it was pointless; she was scared stiff.

Angel walked, taking long, dramatic strides towards Sunset before putting a hoof over her mouth. A sleep gas ejected through the hand as Sunset fell limp. “That’s one down, I wonder how the others are doing?” He then proceeded to carry Sunset towards the castle.

Meanwhile, Darkwing and Gilda were fighting in midair. Darkwing threw a series of darkrangs that clipped a few of her feathers, slowing her down. Gilda quickly flew up and tries to punch Darkwing, but he dodged it and then proceeded to do a series of pressure points all over Gilda’s body, making her too stiff to move. “Here is a tip, next time, read your opponent better.”

Gilda proceeded to weakly whisper, “How?”

Darkwing glared at her and shouted, in complete seriousness, “Because I’m Darkwing!!” Before flying towards the castle. “Ever killed you to lay off the grease? I only have so much rocket fuel.”

Gilda muttered, “I hate you so much.”

Finally, on the tree bridge, Sweetie Belle and Surprise were stopped by Trixie. “It seems as though you have the honor of being the first victims to the Great and Powerful Trixie.” The world around then proceeded to change into the interior of a small room that was surrounded by zombies. “As you can see, the Great and Powerful Trixie has shifted reality itself to her pleasures. Surprise backed slowly into a corner before Sweetie looked at a door and chuckled. “C’mon Fire Shock, let’s get out of this illusion.”

“What!” shouted Trixie. “Impossible, how did you-”

She was then interrupted by Fullmetal, “Simple lady, I know that this is an illusion due to the fact that the shadow of that door is facing in a direction opposite to everything else. Before I go any further, I simply need to do something. She then walked over to the place that Trixie last was before clapping her forehooves together and touching the ground. This caused the nitrogen and the oxygen in the air to combine to create a rather tickling solution. The laughing gas flew into Trixie’s nose, causing her to laugh loudly and violently before she ran out of air. The illusion instantly faded away, revealing an unconscious Trixie with a smile on her face. Surprise lifted her up as the pair proceeded to meet their friends.

“So.” said Angel, “What next?”

Darkwing chuckled, “Our fights must have caused commotion in the castle, the ninja that we are looking for should be out of here any minute now.”

“While not killing them was definitely the right move,” the air grew cold, “ you have a minute to explain why you came here and attacked my girls.” Sasuke stepped into the light, his normal smile gone and his full mangekyou sharingan showing.

Angel turned towards him with a smile, “Ah yes, you see, we were sent here by our leader to speak with you about matters that only we five should be privy to. These girls of yours proceeded to try and ambush us and failed tremendously. We figured that the commotion caused by the fights would summon you. Also, don’t worry about your girls, watch.” Jarvis took out a flask of water and poured it on Trixie, He popped and molded Gilda back into shape, and he sprayed an awakening gas on Sunset. This caused all of them to spring up and attempt to lunge at the group.

A large purple skeleton hand stopped them. “Go back to the castle, I’ll handle this,” Sasuke instructed them. The usual lightness from his voice was gone and the girls didn’t waste any time arguing. They each spread their wings and flew back to Laputa. “Now talk. And tell me why you all look like various cartoons and anime characters.”

Surprise chuckled, “I could ask you the same thing. The truth is that the rest of us are part of a crack team of heroes who are looking for people with great potential. My bro saw something in you that he liked, thus we were wondering if you would be interested in joining.”

Sasuke eyed each of them. “Is that Sweetie Belle?” He pointed to the unicorn. “And what is the aim of this team?”

Fullmetal spoke up, “Yes, and the goal of the Avengers is to either stop or avenge the wrongs that have and are happening in this and other worlds. We are an organized force against injustice.”

Sasuke facepalmed and started laughing. “Oooohhh!” He grabbed his sides and wiped a tear from his eye. “I had this all wrong. I thought you were sent by Celestia or something!” Sasuke stood up and forced himself to stop laughing. His smile remained. “This is a Displaced thing, isn’t it?”

“The only Displaced on our team are Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man.” said Darkwing. “The rest of us got in through other means.” said Darkwing.

“Of course,” Sasuke said with a grin. “All the heavy hitters. Because who wants to go to a convention as ant man? I don’t think I’ll fit in. I tend to lean towards injustice as a method to get stuff.”

“Well, what type of injustice do you mean? There are members of our group that aren’t exactly paragons, sorta like Arsenal, Darkwing, and Empress.”

“Have any of them burned an innocent village to death,” Sasuke asked. “Because I have. And I’ve done more than that. I’ve committed war crimes. I’ve used terrorist tactics. Still want me on your team of heroes?”

“Tell me then, have you ever allied yourself with the demons of hell or indirectly made an entire city’s populous injured. Either way, we didn’t come here for a dick measuring contest. We feel as though you have the potential to be excellent instead of good.”

Sasuke ran his hand through his hair. He looked at the beings before him and his eyes faded to their normal black. “I’ll think about it. I’m not saying I’ll join you for sure but I guess you can consider me an ally.” He extended his hand. “Hit me up when you need me but stay out of this world for now.”

Sweetie Belle took off her amulet, transforming her into her true form, before handing him a red gear. “This is Iron Man’s token, when you need help, he will come.” She then proceeded to shake his hand.

“Thanks Sweetie Belle,” Sasuke said as he stored the gear. He pulled out a necklace with six magatama. “This one’s mine. Take it and try not to make me do anything too heroic,” he joked. “Any time you need help I’m just a call away. Oh by the way, do you know any legally aged female Displaced? Asking for a friend.”

“Sure.” said Sweetie Belle, taking out a sack, shuffling through them. “No, no, she’s married, no, hey, what about this one?”

Before she pulled it out Surprise said, “Already happened in this story.”

Sweetie shrugged, “no, no, Is a symbiote male or female?, no, no, and nope. Sorry but all of the legally aged female displaced are either married, scary as hell, psycho, or too chaotic for Discord. Thus I can’t, in good judgement, give you any of these.”


“Well the last thing I need is to run into Kat again,” Sasuke said. “I doubt she’d approve of what I’m planning next. Thanks anyway.”

Jarvis stood up, “Oh, I just remembered, Jacob sent us over with gifts.”

Sasuke crossed his fingers, “Please let it be a phone charger and a generator.”

Jarvis’ middle became fluid like as he pulled out a small sack. “The first one is an arc reactor powered cell phone that has access to multiverse Netflix.” He handed Sasuke a small, black phone with a glowing blue rim.

“Awesome,” Sasuke chuckled. “At least I’ve got half of my favorite netflix activity. You got an android charger in that magic bag of wonder?”

“No, sadly, but I do have some other equipment. The first is an Nth metal bat. It is ridiculously lightweight and it is magic proof. He handed him the bat.

Sasuke grinned maniacally, “ I wonder what Celestia’s up to right now. Does this also nullify chakra?” He took a few practice swings.

“Depends on how hard you want it to hit. If you want a strong hit, it will nullify any spiritual, mental, or physical energy that could be used as an attack. I should know, my body is made of the stuff.”

“Interesting. Very interesting. One more question: can the bat also conduct magic or chakra?”

“No, it operates by dispersing the energy that it comes in contact with, causing the spell or blast to be rendered inadequate.”

“Good to know.” Sasuke tucked the bat in his rope belt. “Is there anything else? I have to go deal with my girls.”

“Yes, and I’m afraid that only the boss can give you this one.” Sasuke turned around to see a man in his late thirties in a lab coat. He also was holding a pocket watch. Sasuke flinched as the man seemed to radiate power.

“Tell me Sasuke,” said the scientist. “What would you do to see your family again, if only for a short time?”

Sasuke’s eyes opened wide. “Anything. Literally anything.” He turned away. “But not yet. Not yet.” He kept repeating the phrase to himself over and over again as if to strengthen his resolve.

Jacob slipped his pocket watch into his coat. “Fine then, but I should at least explain myself, I can manipulate time and a little bit of space to give you a temporary visit to your folks. Once the portal exhausts itself, you would be sent back here.”

“Thank you but… I can’t,” Sasuke whispered. “If I saw them now, it would break me. I wouldn’t be able to be me anymore. I can’t go back. Not yet. I think you should go.”

Jacob gave a gentle smile, “Fine then, when you feel ready, call me.” He took out his pocket watch as well as a few syringes filled with a rainbow liquid. “Before you ask, no, I did not steal from you. I merely stopped time, scanned the potion, found the ingredients as well as a way to make a energy similar to chakra, and made my own. I just figured that I should be honest with you before I leave.” A portal opened behind him. “Avengers, let’s go.” The other Avengers left, but Jacob stayed for a bit, wanting to see what would happen.

Sasuke took a few deep breaths to calm himself. “You know,” he called out after Jacob, “I’ve got a million of those things. I could’ve just given you one. And by the way, that stuff is based on my blood. If you use on someone, let me know. I have a right to my clan mates.” His smile returned.

Jacob shrugged “I was just gonna test it out on some rabbits for shits and giggles. My team is already crazy enough.”

“I demand at least shared custody of the theoretical mega rabbit,” Sasuke teased.

“Sure, I’ll send her through time too.” A minute after he said this, a little girl in a lab coat, a pair of khakis, and a light green tee shirt appeared out of nowhere. She had black rabbit ears and a tail, but she also has little black wings and a little nub of a horn on her head. On her head, there was black, straight hair that reached down to her shoulders and bright pink eyes with sharingans for pupils. Her tanned body had obvious muscle on it, but it was rather subtle. “Um, pardon me, sirs,” she said in a tiny and adorable voice. “My name is Smoke Puff and I have a message from Dr. Finch.” She held out a letter that had a small packet connected to it to him.

Sasuke facepalmed. “I thought you were kidding.” He looked at the little bunny girl. “But I think I can forgive you.” He knelt down and tousled her hair. “Aren’t you just the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. What’s your message, little one?”

He took the note and packet from her before reading them.

Dear Sasuke,

It appears that I had inadvertently created a rabbit baby from the serum. Due to the fact that I vowed never to kill an innocent, I decided to do what I could to help her. Because I knew that raising her would have taken time that I didn’t have, I stopped time and traveled the multiverse with her, giving her the best education and love that I could give to her in the twelve years that she’s been alive. Not thirty seconds has passed on my world, but I have helped make her into a great warrior and scientist. I guess that, by this world’s standards, she would be a doctor. She is a sweet child, even if she is kinda deaf to some social ques. Before you take her in or anything, there are somethings that you should know. She is well meaning, but she has a vicious streak. She is a great thief and manipulator. Now onto the important things, she likes her carrots cooked, not raw. Learned that one the hard way. She hates dresses, no matter how adorable she looks in them. She is highly allergic to shellfish. She likes to be sung to sleep, so you better work on your singing voice if you like to sleep. Finally, and this is important, DO NOT EVER GIVE HER CHOCOLATE! I think that I raised her decently, but I kinda wanna see what you can do. I may also visit from time to time to check up on her.

Sincerely, Dr. Jacob D. Finch

Sasuke took the note and put it away. “You are gonna fit in great here.” He took the little girl’s hand. “Say goodbye to Dr. Finch.” She waved and gave a cheery goodbye with her tiny voice. Sasuke activated his sharingan and started using kamui. As they were sucked in the spiral Sasuke spoke to Jacob. “It’s been a pleasure. Thanks for giving my girls some real world practice and the…. Adopted daughter, I guess? Let me know whenever you find yourself in this universe. The castle is always open to you and your team.”

He gave a small bow. “Don’t mention it, and the Avengers would be happy to meet all of you, I know that my daughter would be happy to meet ...yours.”

Once Sasuke left, Smoke Puff teleported in and held up a small metal tube. “Sorry Uncle Doc, I just need to prevent a paradox.” She put on some shades and activated the nebulizer, making Jacob forget the last two minutes of him seeing Smoke Puff. She then pushed him through the portal before it closed.

Author's Note:

This fabulous crossover episode was generously gifted to you by Ink Sword. His story is about someone displaced as Iron Man titled Buck You, I'm Iron Man. Be sure to check it out if you haven't already. Remember to like if you liked it or tell me how much you hate crossovers. And as always, I use your comments to fight the zombies that hang out in my back yard so don't let me get infected!