• ...
2
 3
 1,202

What the Hell!

Chapter 1:What the Hell
His eyes cracked, he winced as the blinding light of day obscured his vision momentarily. What happened? He asked himself. He laid there moaning. His whole body ached and burned like someone had stuck him in a furnace. He felt cuts all along his body; deep gashes trailing blood down his side and soaking the ground around him. Trying to move resulted in false hope as his body failed to respond. There was a deafening ring in his ears, which he noticed dripped with blood too. What had happened to cause such injuries? All he remembered was a dark fog covering the floor of the room he had rented. It had seeped up through the walls and wooden floor, and consumed him completely. The next thing he knew was that he was lying on his back in pain.
He grunted as he sat himself up, though one thing didn’t seem right. He felt different, aside from the pain. His vision was still blurry, so he still couldn’t see clearly, but when he looked down, he notice that his clothes had changed color. Instead of his normal blue Wrangers and white t-shirt, he wore what looked to be a red jump-suit. But, the suit still didn’t explain why his bones felt out of place. His legs certainly looked different, almost matching that of a horse. He caught his breath and rubbed the blur from his eyes and shook a bit when he felt his abnormally hard hands, which he couldn’t unclench. Dropping his hands his vision began to clear up. He looked around and saw a forest; a luscious green forest. It matched that of the Amazon he had visited on his last vacation. Hundreds of different bushes, with all kinds of leaves dotted the scenery before him, and bulky tree trunks with drooping leaves. Flowers of all colors speckled the trees and bushes.
The beautiful sight brought a faint smile to his lips, until he looked down at his form. His eyes widened in fear at the sight of bright red fur all over him, and hooves at the ends of his arms and legs; if that’s what he should call them now. He crossed his eyes and sitting there on his face, was the snout of a horse. He began to hyperventilate and his heart rate increased, pounding against his chest until it felt like it would burst. This couldn’t be happening to him. How could it be happening to him? He was a happy, outgoing guy. Always kind, generous, loyal, and so much more. He didn’t deserve this. He never did anything wrong. Looking back down at his ‘hooves’ and sighed. He gradually began to calm down, breathing slowly in through his ‘snout’ and out through his mouth. Rubbing his tongue along his teeth, he notice he no longer had his canines. Each and every one of his teeth, were meant for eating grass and leaves.
He struggled to his hooves as a wave of exhaustion hit him. He managed to stay standing and noticed that he was still bleeding from multiple wounds all over his body. Need to get to a hospital. He winced as he took a step, a painful shock ran up his right foreleg and through the rest of his body. Walking was going to be difficult enough, but he still had no idea where he was. He gazed over the briar of the dense forest, in hope of any sight of a path or road.
“Yes!” he shouted in triumph as he spotted a small dirt path off to his left. It was a few hundred meters away, and there seemed to a be a clear path to it. It may take a while due to his condition, but at least he’s not completely lost. He slowly scuffled off in the direction of the path. His legs felt like iron weights as he moved his hooves a little less than a drag. Plus, his slowness also had to do with the fact that he was walking on four legs. This wasn’t natural, and he doubted it ever would be.
After what seemed like hours of agonizing pain, he made it to the little path. It was rather unimpressive with shrubs and grass growing out onto it, but it was a path non-the-less. Now the only problem was, which way does he go. There was either a left or right, and his gut was telling him right. Though the last time he trusted a gut instinct, was when he had almost died. Clawed nearly to death by a cougar. He looked back at his cuts. No, it couldn’t have been that. That happened years ago and they had already formed into scars. No way they could have started bleeding again.
He puffed out a giant gust of breath through his nose and scooted his way to the right. If I die, I’ll never trust my gut again. He chuckled to himself began walking a bit normal now. Most of the pain had died away now, and his legs felt less restricted.
“Man. I know I’m a fucking horse, but it still feels weird not to wear clothes.” He spoke to himself. He shivered as a slight breeze wafted itself against his bare body. It just reminded him how exposed he was. Walking on four hooves was bad enough, now I have no clothes. Can’t I be left with a little bit of dignity?
He paused, his pointed red ears twitched at a faint sound further off in front of him. He leaned in closer, hoping to be able to make out the nearly inaudible sound. But to no avail; he’d have to get closer. Advancing quietly along the path, or, as quiet as hooves on compact dirt can get, he slowly closed in on the noise. He looked as if he was almost out of the dense maze of trees and vines. The underbrush and foliage started thinning out the further he went, until eventually, the trees themselves changed entirely. It wasn’t nearly as dark and gloomy here. The trees had life to them and there were little critters scurrying about. He looked some more and saw a stream that whipped its way around a small hill, and atop of that sat a type of log or large tree trunk. Though something was strange about the log, it had smoke trailing out from the top of it. He arched a curious brow and slowly made his way toward the other side of the thing.
He stopped, hearing the strange noise again, but it wasn’t so strange anymore, in fact it was actually a voice, coming from inside the log. This tipped him over the edge, he had to find out who or what was talking. He crept closer and closer, trying to be a stealthy-like as possible. There was a bridge leading across the stream to the cottage. His hooves clopped along the wood and he winced every time he set his hoof down. He climbed the steps leading to the front door, its plain brown surface growing larger as he was now mere inches from it. He looked both left and right, in case anyone were to sneak up on him. Then he raised up a shaky hoof and knocked on the door. As he rapped the mellifluous voice and the bustling movement stopped abruptly. He closed his eyes and waited for the response; waiting for whatever the man or woman would say when they saw a horse at their front door.
The door opened slightly, leaving only a crack for someone to look through. Most of his or her features were obscured in shadow, and all he really saw was a round blue eye staring at him.
“Y-yes?” she stuttered in a soft whisper. “M-may I help you?”
“Yes please.” He answered back, rather surprised at the fact the woman wasn’t startled by him. “Do you know where there is a hospital nearby? I need to get to one quick.” He looked back at his injuries, but wasn’t quite sure if she could see from the crack in the door.
The woman opened her door more so she could stick her head out and get a better look at him. However, he did a double take when he noticed she was a horse too. Where the fuck am I?! he shouted in his mind, but trying to keep his expression calm so he doesn’t scare the mare away. She looked down his body and gasped.
“Oh my!” The door was quickly thrown open to reveal the inside of her cottage and the rest of her body, which showed she had a pair of wings. He tried not to stare as the pegasus led him through the door and closed it behind them.
After being shoved through the door, he turned and gawked at the yellow pegasus. She had a pink flowing mane and tail that nearly reached the floor, and a pair of short wings. Really all he could do was stare. Something was going on; something messed up.
“Oh dear.” She said as she ushered him to a green couch beside a window. She sat him down and trotted off into another room leaving him dumbfounded and a little worried. He gazed across the room, taking in the bright colors of her main area. It looked like a petting zoo with branches and holes with animals all over. Various birds were perched on shelves and lamps. Ok, either she’s very lonely or she really likes animals.
A shock of pain ran up his body like a thousand needles. He looked down to see he was still bleeding, but now he could feel the pain again. It must have been from the constant walking that numbed him up. He winced as another sharp pain shot up his body, causing him to shiver all over. It was starting to get cold, very cold. He held a foreleg over the worst of the injuries, trying to stop the bleed, but he felt so cold. His head hurt to and the whole room began to spin. He shook his head to try to get it to stop but to no avail. Blackness tugged at the end of his vision, threatening to take over. He had to stay strong; he had to stay awake. But his plead was in vain as he slumped over to the side and fell unconscious on the soft green couch.
~*~*~*~*~*~
“Oh my oh my oh my.” Fluttershy panicked as she searched cupboards and drawers for some medical supplies. Where could they be? She dashed upstairs to and into a bathroom and began throwing open more drawers and cupboards. But all she could find was a package of gauze, but no antibiotics. Where did she keep them? Or did she use them all? “Where are they?” she said. “Maybe I should go check on him. At least I can stop the bleeding and get him to nurse Redhart. She’ll have some antibiotics.” She rushed back down the stairs with the roll of gauze in her mouth, but dropped it after she saw the earth pony lying unconscious on her couch.
“Oh my gosh!” she gasped and was quickly to his side, holding on to his shoulder and shaking him. “Oh please wake up, oh no.” Tears welled up in her eyes as she shook the unconscious stallion. She had to go get some help, and Applejack, the farm pony that lived nearby was her best bet. Without so much as a goodbye to her animal friends, she flew out of the door toward Applejack’s farm. She wasn’t a strong flier, but when the time came, she would fly as fast and hard as possible.
The cool breeze felt good in her pink mane as she darted through the air. She pumped her wings harder so she could pick up more speed. She never noticed how far away AJ’s place was. She never had to worry about getting there fast.
She could see the big red barn that sat in the middle of her property. The sweet smell of apples drifted up to her and made her smile some, until she remembered why she had come in the first place. She scanned the property for the orange work pony in the field. But instead found a large red stallion pulling a cart down on of the dirt paths leading to the barn. She flew down to meet him, landing gently beside him. The stallion was a bit startled by her sudden presence, but quickly returned to his dull expressionless features.
“Can ah help ya Fluttershy?” he asked once he saw her worried expression.
“Yes.” She panted. “Where’s Applejack?”
“She’s back at the house.” And just like that she dashed off before he could ask why.
Fluttershy landed on the rickety front porch of the Apple Family Homestead. Without so much as a hesitation she rapped on the door. The clomping of hooves could be heard within the houses depths, until finally they stopped at the door. It opened to reveal an orange earth pony with a blond mane and a brown Stetson hat sitting on her head.
“Oh Applejack!” Fluttershy shouted. “I need you to come with me right now and hurry”
“Now hold on just an apple-pickin’ minute.” The orange mare said. “Now where’s the fire?” She gave Fluttershy a worried look.
“There was this stallion and...”
“Wait...did he do somethin’ ta ya?” AJ spat as she looked at Fluttershy.
“No, no. He’s badly injured and he need help right away.” Applejack momentarily regretted her accusation and quickly walked out of the door and closed it behind her.
“He’s at yer place than?” she asked. Fluttershy nodded her head. “Well than let’s get movin’.”
~*~*~*~*~*~
“He’s on the couch unconscious.” Fluttershy spoke as they reached her cottage. Applejack nodded her head and barged through the door, then soon after Fluttershy followed. They both looked to the couch where the ruby red stallion laid. Applejack just stood stock still when her eyes rested on him. How can somepony be that beat up and still be breathin’? She shook her head and rushed over to his side, lifting him up onto her back. He was big, and it was smart of Fluttershy to come get her.
“Fluttershy,” AJ said, “I need ya ta keep him balanced while I carry him alright.” Fluttershy hovered above AJ and got the stallion on her back. He was heavy, but nothing she hadn’t handled before. “Ok, ya got’m?”
“Yes.”
“Then let’s get to it.” The two of them, at a slow trot, carried the stallion outside and on the path toward Ponyville. One thing bothered AJ however, and it was the metallic smell of the stallion’s blood dripping on her. She shivered as it coated her hide, but she kept pressing on with Fluttershy above her.
“Hey Fluttershy.” AJ said as they trotted. “How’d ya come by this feller anyhow?”
“Well, I was feeding the animal when he just came and knocked on by door. He seemed rather surprised and asked if I knew where a hospital was.” Fluttershy answered as she placed the stallion’s hoof on his chest.
“So instead ya just invited him in and take care of him yerself?” Fluttershy smiled weakly and blushed slightly.
“Well, it was a good thing I did too. He wouldn’t have been able to make it to Ponyville in his condition.”
“Well, alright then. Just makin’ sure ya knew what ya were doin’.”
~*~*~*~*~*~
It took longer than Fluttershy would have hoped, but they made it non-the-less. The trip was pretty easy going, they only had to adjust the stallion every once in a while, otherwise it was a pleasant trip. The two friends walked through the glass double doors leading to the waiting room of the hospital. The floors and walls were a spotless white, until they walked through with dirty hooves and a bleeding stranger. Fluttershy flew over to the counter where a nurse waited.
“Excuse me, we’d like to make an appointment please.” She asked. “It’s rather urgent.” She smiled as the nurse looked around her to the stallion balancing on AJ’s back. Her eyes widened in surprise as she watched the blood dripping on to the floor.
“I’ll put you on the top of the list. Just one moment please.” She rang a bell which echoed throughout the room. Then a wooden door behind the nurse opened, revealing nurse Redhart. She was a white pony with a pink mane, a medical tiara affixed to her head and her cutie mark was a red cross.
“Oh,” she began. “is my next appointment here already?” she looked around cheerfully, but that cheerful expression immediately changed when her sight landed on the unconscious stallion. “Oh my.” She gasped, holding a hoof in front of her mouth. “What happened here?” she asked urgently, rushing to AJ’s side.
“We don’t know.” AJ answered. “Actually it was Fluttershy who found him.”
“Well, we’ll get to that later. Right now let’s get him to a room and fix him up.” Performing their carrying technique, Fluttershy and AJ followed Nurse Redhart to one of the many rooms lining the hall. This one was empty however and with a bit of muscle power, they were able to get the stallion onto one of the beds.
“Thank ya very much Ms. Redhart.”
“It’s no problem. We’ll get him fixed up and I’ll let you know when he can be visited. But for now you can continue on with your day.” She led AJ out the door but turned to look at Fluttershy when she wasn’t coming. “Are you coming?”
“W-what?” Fluttershy asked as she was snapped out of her daydream. “Oh, yes.” She fluttered over beside AJ and together they walked out of the hospital, leaving the stallion alone to his dreams.

Comments ( 3 )

mooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr:flutterrage:

If you please


It was very good. Great story well put together

It may just be all the programming I've been doing. But to me it felt like their weren't enough spaces in the text. It's probably just me though.

Regardless I can't wait for a second chapter. :twilightsheepish:

And the name Baron reminds me of one of my friends. Probably just a coincidence.

Login or register to comment