• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 1,563 Views, 34 Comments

Octaves of Time - KodyMcQ



Equestria ceased to exist. And only Octavia and The Doctor can save it from the Changelings.

  • ...
3
 34
 1,563

Epilogue: Time Lives Onwards

Octavia smiled largely as she played the tunes she needed for the party this afternoon. It was going to be a duet of her and Lyra, playing a few songs Pinkie Pie requested. Specifically, “Smile Smile Smile” and “Pony Pokey”. Octavia didn't mind, her and the perky pink pony were great friends, and they always had a way of being there for eachother. Octavia loved the Pony Pokey at the Gala, and was slightly wiggling her butt to it during the Gala, which is probably what got Starburst's attention. She giggled at the thought.

BANG BANG. Octavia dropped her bow, and turned. She waited.
“Hello? Come in, please!” She called out. Her british accent making the remark sound like she came from a tea party. She waited some more. A slight shuffle was heard, but nothing more.
She shrugged and picked up her bow once again. She began happilly playing the tune, adding special harmonies in and such to increase the power of her duet with Lyra. Everypony loves a good Harmony.

'Alright, let's see. Clock, 8:30. Perform, 10:00. I have a bit. Maybe I can go get some apples for after. Or maybe go meet Starburst for some food before' She thought, always wanting to squeeze in time with her colt-Friend, especially on hearts and hooves day. Even though, he was coming to the party, she loved having a bit of alone time with him.

Octavia gently placed her cello in the brown case, laced with pink edges and golden buckles. She grabbed the pink and gold strap coming from behind and laid the Cello against the wall. What am I going to wear? This is a solo performance, so it can't be anything too drab, yet this is not a formal party, therefore no need for the dresses...
BANG BANG BANG.

There goes the door. It was probably Starburst, she figured, the love-sick Colt can never get enough of her. She strolled over to the door and opened it gently. On the steps was a bright green bag, dotted with delicious looking zap-apples. Starburst must've got it from the Sweet Apple Acres, after helping them out with AppleBuckin' Season. She delightedly brought the small package inside and set it on her desk.

Once she opened it, she was dumbfounded. Starburst had outdone himself. Laying on her desk, on top of the soft green fabric, was a white rose, bright as can be, on top of a folded white dress, with a heart shaped jade beside it. On a small piece of parchment, was the words:

Octavia my dear, master of the Music,

My heart soars with every note you grace.

Do not change, for perfection should not be altered,

Octavia my dear, master of the Music.

Octavia turned bright pink and giggled. She quickly threw on the dress and stuck the rose above her ear, and took a close look at the heart shaped jade. She admired the jade, and put it right above her door, where she'd see it every day. She then picked up a quill and some parchment, and decided to write to her 'Extended' daughter.

Dear Vinyl,

I hope everything is going great with The Doctor.
Remember, he can be very eccentric at times, actually
all the time, but don't let that stop you.
He loves you, you know. Your dad.
You should write to him sometimes,
as much as you do to me. Even though
Equestria was re-written, we still remember
you as our baby, whether you like it or not.

-Octavia, your Mother

Octavia took the letter and folded it into an envelope, and on it she wrong 'DJ-PON3 Studio, Canterlot'. She'd give it to the Mail Pony, Derpy, once she saw her at the Party. After all, Derpy couldn't miss a good party. Ever.

Starburst met up with Octavia's parents at Sugarcube corner for the party. Octavia's parents were caring people, and always wanted the best for Octavia and Starburst. So when he showed them the gold ring, with an hourglass imprinted into an emerald, with white pearls in it for sand, they were ecstatic. The parents gave him a big hug and Octavia's Mother whispered in his ear 'Does that mean I get GrandChildren now?'

Starburst chuckled. If only the aging pony knew, that her first GrandChild was somewhere out in Canterlot, making dubstep music and performing at many different parties. He wondered how Vinyl was doing lately, he hadn't hear much from his Daughter. Probably somewhere out exploring with The Doctor. He hoped Octavia invited them to the party tonight.

Finally the group met up with Octavia, who gave quick hugs and kisses and got up on stage with Lyra. They performed their 2 songs for over half an hour, and gave a quick bow when they were done. Many ponies congratulated them on a good performance, even threw a few roses. Once Octavia was done, she put away her Cello in a corner and met up with the Family.

Starburst gave Octavia a bright pink drink, probably some form of punch, and before Octavia could drink all of it she noticed it made a small “ding” sound when she took it from his hoof. She carefully sucked the glass dry, and found the gold ring at the bottom, Hourglass still in perfect condition, the small pearls inside moving around the hourglass. Her mind stopped.

“Octavia, will you marry me?” He asked her. Octavia was astounded. It was 2 years, and he was proposing!

“YES!”



-15 years later-

“Come on, Pitch! We've gotta get going, or we'll miss your sister's performance!” Octavia shouted up the stairs of a multicolored 3 story home. 5 years after they re-wrote Equestria, Octavia and Starburst had twins. Pitch and Melody, both looking like their father, bright skin and red mane colored Pegasi, Melody playing the Cello, one that her mom gave to her, that was sedar wood and gold laced, and Pitch, who played practically every instrument known to man.

Pitch came zipping down the stairs, probably at a speed rivaling Rainbow Dash, and landed on the couch. Starburst came in from the front door, and kissed his wife on the cheek.

“Melody, are you ready?” He shouted up the stairs. The gentle Pegasi Filly carried her Cello down the stairs, careful not to hit it on anything.

“Is Auntie Vinyl coming to watch us?” She asked, laying the Cello on her lap as she sat on the couch.

“You never know, with her and her Colt-Friend. She could 500 years in the past right now. You just never know.” Octavia said, drifting off and looking out the window behind the couch.


“Doctor, what happened to the TARDIS this time?” Vinyl asked as she tried to start up the TARDIS. In the 5 years since Vinyl retired from DJ'ing, she could spend as much time as she wanted with her Doctor. It was fine for the two to be together, considering they were both Time Ponies. Vinyl had only regenerated once, into an Alicorn, but keeping the pale skin and blue hair. This regeneration forced her into hiding, as Society wouldn't have been able to comprehend having a 4th Alicorn roaming free.

“You know Vinyl, I'm not sure you roaming the Changeling Lands as an Alicorn is such a great idea. Oh, would you look at that, I need another paperclip!” He exclaimed, bounding out the doors of the TARDIS happilly. Vinyl followed him, knowing that as long as they were both Time Ponies they could save eachother. And they bounded off into the streets together, flank-to-flank, in search of a paperclip, in the land of the Changelings.

Comments ( 11 )

Epilogue done; Story done.


I feel accomplished, writing those 4 chapters in one day.

That was fast....

529705

Well, when you're home sick, and you have nothing better to do, with a ~180WPM typing speed, what else do you do?

529727
That is very impressive 180WPM typing speed just wow
any way onto the topic of this fic.
That was very good looking forward to more from you so i am probably going to watch you (in a non starker way)

Well, I can say that I didn't expect it to wrap up so soon. However, I did enjoy this very much. It was a rather unique story, despite the fact that it is probably based in some part on Doctor Who, but I haven't watched Doctor Who. So it was a new story for me, and I'm okay with that!

And also, damn. You write fast...

Way to go. I'm surprised you only have 8 likes, but that's two more than my only story. I would press like more, but it doesn't work.

:D I love this story. And I believe the third alicorn is cadence?

Well, my dear friend, all I can do is praise you.
And so I shall.
Bravo, bravissimo! You've outdone yourself, though I state this on no physical evidence whatsoever.
Every Doctor has a taste, a colour, a theme. You have captured perfectly that of the eleventh Doctor, with all the confusing paradoxes and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, Tennant had his share, but the fifth season of the revived series was more Timey whimey, let's say.
Anyway, I'm ranting.
The point is, this was a fantastic story full of the classic DW moments where you just think "What the bloody hell is going on?!" and it makes my heart warm.
Though the alicorn bit was a tad cliché (as in fan made characters) it still was a brilliant story this one you told. Love the Weeping angel changeling Rose hybrid thingie. Again, classic Matt Smith-ish threat.
I now bid you adieu.
Red guardian out.

Almost ten years by now. Hello from the future!

This is good, but the writing... is distracting...

Still: we are left very entertained :pinkiehappy:!

Login or register to comment