• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,418 Views, 62 Comments

The Sun and Stars: Lightning Round - JKinsley



Ultra short stories done in an hour by the Twilestia is Bestia Skype chat group

  • ...
8
 62
 2,418

PreviousChapters Next
Dentist - JKinsley - Nov. 8, 2014

And finally, we have JKinsley

Twilight curled up in her bed, covered by her sheets and a large, warm blanket. Hardly any light filtered through the heavy curtains. She groaned, one of the few signs that she still lived.

A few gentle knocks came from her bedroom door and it creaked open.

“Twilight?” called a soft, melodic voice. “Are you awake?”

Twilight groaned again.

“I brought you some food. Just a little carrot soup,” the voice said. “How are you feeling?”

Twilight slowly pushed herself into a seated position. She folded her hands across her lap and looked over at the figure in the doorway. Celestia held a tray in her hands with what looked to be more than carrot soup; not only was there a bowl, there was a glass of water, a pill bottle, and a stack of gauze.

Twilight shook her head slowly and croaked, “Not great. I’m foggy and...” Her brow furrowed and she frowned. “I can’t focus. My mouth hurts, and this gauze isn’t comfortable.”

Celestia sat on the edge of the bed next to Twilight and ran her hand from the top of Twilight’s head down to her neck. She leaned over and kissed Twilight’s forehead. “It’s painful, I know. Wisdom teeth aren’t fun to have pulled, but you would’ve been in more pain later on.” Twilight nodded slowly in reply. “I did bring you new gauze, and your pain medicine. And you remember the dentist’s orders, yes? No magic until you recover?”

Twilight nodded again and groaned, but more for the mental pain than the physical. “Yes. A week without magic? I’d almost rather--”

“Twilight Sparkle,” Celestia said firmly, “You will be fine. It’s temporary. And you have me.”

Twilight hung her head.

“Now, come on, let’s get that old stuff out.” Celestia donned a pair of vinyl gloves and help open a small yellow bag with a biohazard label on the side.

“Really?” Twilight asked with an incredulous eyebrow.

“The castle staff insisted we follow procedure.” Celestia smiled and shook the bag. Twilight sighed and reached into her mouth to pull out the gauze. Even in the dim light of the door, it was obvious that the cotton pads were soaked with blood and saliva. Twilight gagged, but dropped them into the bag. Celestia folded it over and set back on the tray. She grabbed the new gauze pads and set them in Twilight’s hands.

Twilight sighed once more. “I think I’ll go for the food, first. And the medicine.”

Celestia nodded and grabbed the bowl of soup and handed it over with a spoon. “Eat carefully. Try not to suck or slurp.”

Twilight ate slowly while Celestia sat by her side. Celestia stroked her back and Twilight finally managed a pained smile. Twilight set down her spoon for a moment and looked up at Celestia. Although Twilight was a young adult, Celestia still stood much taller than her. “Celestia? How come you’re here, and not one of the doctors or nurses from the infirmary?”

“Because you’re family, Twilight, and family takes care of one another.”

Twilight set her bowl back on the tray and leaned against Celestia, breathing deeply. “I love you, ‘Tia. Thank you.”

“I love you too, Twily.” Celestia rustled Twilight’s hair and grabbed the bottle of painkillers and popped one into her hand. She dropped into Twilight’s and handed her the glass of water. Twilight took the pill and swallowed, washing it down the water. She replaced the gauze, too, before wrapping her arms around Celestia’s waist in a tight hug with her head resting on Celestia’s chest just below her neck. Celestia brushed Twilight’s hair over her ear and held her close.

“Will you stay, for a little while?” Twilight whispered. “Just until I fall asleep?”

“Of course.”

PreviousChapters Next