• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,407 Views, 62 Comments

The Sun and Stars: Lightning Round - JKinsley



Ultra short stories done in an hour by the Twilestia is Bestia Skype chat group

  • ...
8
 62
 2,407

PreviousChapters Next
"What If" - Fuzzyfurvert - Nov. 22, 2014

An entry from Fuzzy Furvert

“Hmmm…”

“What is it?” Twilight looked up from her bowl of cereal.

Celestia tapped her chin with her hoof and chewed gently on one lip. “What if - and hear me out here - what if we just blew off doing the joint court today? Just not show up and go do something fun. What would that hurt?”

“Well, it would throw the schedules of several dozen ponies off for the day, including ours.” Twilight hummed tunelessly to herself as she thought. “That could cause unforeseen consequences that could have trickle down effects all the way to the general populace. That uncertainty could cause just enough chaos that it’ll summon Discord. And...reformed or not, you know how he gets when things are already going wild around him. I’d say that within a few hours, Canterlot could be covered in some sort of plant growth, or, alternatively, there might be a giant monster stomping through downtown.”

“Which would, of course, lead Fluttershy to try and stop Discord’s misbehavior.” Celestia offered as Twilight nodded. “And should there be a giant anything traipsing about the downtown area - again, knowing Discord - it would likely be a fluffy bunny or kitten or something.”

“And,” Twilight grinned as she picked up from where Tia had left off, “that would lead to Discord making the ‘logical’ decision to make Fluttershy into a giant so she can calm the frightened critter down and convince it to leave the city.”

Celestia giggled. “All the while, giantess Fluttershy would be apologizing to everypony for the damage being caused while she just causes more by being there!”

“Don’t forget that she would apologize for her new super-sized voice being so loud.”

“And for blocking the sunlight.”

“And for flashing the whole town!”

Celestia snorted and lifted her tea to sip it. “Discord would have too much fun with that.”

“Which is why we wouldn’t do that.” Twilight smirked and scooped up another spoonful of her oat cereal. “Because we are smart ponies.”

“Yeah,” Celestia nodded, “screw Discord.”

PreviousChapters Next