• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,407 Views, 62 Comments

The Sun and Stars: Lightning Round - JKinsley



Ultra short stories done in an hour by the Twilestia is Bestia Skype chat group

  • ...
8
 62
 2,407

PreviousChapters Next
Resists - Twelve Song - March 27, 2016

Another new face to the Lightning Round and just getting started with Twilestia, here's an entry from Twelve Song!

This situation was completely new to Twilight. The candle flame flickered, the light for more than aesthetic in the dim light of the restaurant. She took in a deep breath, tasting the aroma from the food in front of her. The wine held aloft in the magenta glow of her magic was not helping to calm her in the foreign territory, either.

Dates. She could do dates. Go out with a pony and do something you both enjoy or try something new. The date itself wasn’t a problem. Nor was it the pony across from her. Twilight and Celestia had been in a relationship for nine months, two weeks, and five days, after all. She had learned to relax fully around her date.

It was, more than anything, the stares. Sure, ponies had starred when she had been the Princess’ personal student, and then when she had graduated to princesshood herself, but those had all died down. The two had been able to keep news of their more intimate relationship kept to their
inner circle for nine months and two weeks, until a picture of a rather chaste kiss had made it to the press.

Now all eyes in the restaurant were on them. They had been to this restaurant before, just the two of them, on a date very similar to this. It had been very pleasant, with Celestia teasing Twilight, causing her to blush in the way only she could, and they had returned to Celestia’s chambers after.

Now, though, every move they made, every small flicker of their magic, was taken in by prying eyes. With a sigh, Celestia’s fork softly clattered against the plate in front of her. “Twilight?”

Twilight looked up, realizing she had been lost in her thoughts when she saw Celestia’s empty wine cup. “Hmm?” She shifted in her seat, shuffling her wings.

Celestia smiled. “You’re uncomfortable. What’s say we loosen you up some?”

It took Twilight longer than she would have liked to understand what exactly Celestia meant, and by that time, she had already leaned midway over the table.

“Everyone’s watching. Imagine the press in the morning.” Twilight could hear her heart pounding in her ears just thinking about it, and her breath starting coming in shorter and shorter gasps.

Celestia must have seen the panic in the tightness of her eyes or the lay of her ears, because she backed up, just a smidge. “Let the press be the press. If we are to be together, then Equestria should be used to us being a couple.” Her ears flicked forward and she took a breath. “It was going to happen eventually. We should give them the show they’re looking for. Look at me, love.”

After another quick breath, she did. Looking at Celestia calmed her in ways the breathing hadn’t. The flowing mane, the purple eyes, the face that she had loved since before she really understood what love was. Another breath, this one slow and steadying.
“It’s okay. We can just leave, if you would like.” Celestia’s smile told of other things she would like to say, her posture of what leaving was sure to lead to, her eyes twinkling with untold anticipation, and suddenly, Twilight didn’t care as much about the ponies around them. It didn’t help that Celestia had taken that moment to lightly rub her hoof, either. A brief moment of silence let Twilight deliberate.

Unconsciously fluffing her wings, Twilight grinned. “You know, exhibitionism is something I’ve never understood. Maybe it’s one of those things you have to have hooves on experience with?”

She glanced around the restaurant, realizing they now had the attention of over half the patrons and a few of the waitstaff, and had yet to do anything. Her heart started racing again, but she pushed the panic down. She could do this. Just this once. It wasn’t like the opportunity presented itself everyday.

“What do we do?”

Celestia grinned. “Just follow my lead.”

PreviousChapters Next