• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,407 Views, 62 Comments

The Sun and Stars: Lightning Round - JKinsley



Ultra short stories done in an hour by the Twilestia is Bestia Skype chat group

  • ...
8
 62
 2,407

PreviousChapters Next
"I wasn't prepared for this..." - blazeofheat - Nov. 15, 2014

Introducing Blazeofheat, another Tab Collab writer, joining us in the Lightning Round.

“Hey barkeep, one drink over here!”

“Ah, there you are Twilight, honestly when you said you were going to go handle your stress this isn’t quite what I expected.”

“What? Alcohol, thank you sir, is a very effective depressant that consistently leaves me too tired to cause any serious harm and it has a positive placebo effect on my dopamine levels. Want one?”

“Uh, thanks for the offer dear but I think we should talk about what’s happening.”

“You know, you’re probably right, actually of course you’re right. It’s just, I get so worried about how people will react, what they will say I mean, I still hear comments about Shining and Princess Cadance’s wedding and I just… this is huge you know?”

“Love usually is dear, especially with royalty, but you and I have weathered worse storms in the past. We can handle this.”

“Ha, I’m sorry I get so worked up over things.”

“If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, I like to think mine’s a little more comfortable than a bar counter.”

“And noisier.”

“What?”

“Whenever I hear those comments, I wonder how hurt they would make Shining feel, and how many times he’s already heard them.”

“Well, if I know my Twilight she wouldn’t let a little thing like the press stop her when she’s got the love and support of her friends.”

“Yeah, it’s just, they grow up so fast, I mean, at least with Shining we knew he was interested in Cadance for a full year before they started dating. I had no idea Twilight was dating Princess Celestia until she told me. I’m still having a hard time grasping that our daughter is seeing someone when she’s only twenty-three. I figured we had at least until she was thirty before she got her nose out of her books long enough to find someone, let alone another member of royalty. What’s next? We have a hidden third son who’s going to marry Princess Luna?”

“Or a daughter who’s with Prince Blueblood.”

“What? Oh right, you never met him. Night Light, I assure you that none of our children would marry Blueblood.”

PreviousChapters Next