• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 11,400 Views, 1,203 Comments

A Hero Of War (UNEDITED) - DontWakeTheNeighbour



Rainbow Dash finds herself on the frontline in one of the most fearsome battles in existance.

  • ...
35
 1,203
 11,400

Picture

Tuesday 6th 7:00am

I guess this means I’m alive.

Didn’t get much sleep last night; I spent most of my time trying not to scream because of the pain in my chest. I need to get to a hospital, which is ironic considering we were in one not 24 hours ago. We tried looking for supplies but it looks like the entire building was cleared out during the evacuation.

I’ve had a lot of time to think to myself lately, I find myself looking at the stars, I’ve always liked to look into the night sky but that get boring after 3 hours. So I decided to do something I haven’t done in a long while. I drew a picture.

When I was a carpenter I used to draw a lot of floor plans for houses, sketch blueprints for furniture, my wife always said I should make a living out of it, but I just saw sketching as a job rather than a hobby.

I’ve had an image in my mind for quite some time now; I just can’t seem to get it out so I decided to draw it. I can remember when I was back at the hospital; I was cleaning the guns whilst Cole was looking around the hospital for some painkillers.

Rainbow Dash was in the room with me, she didn’t say anything the whole time, watching me as I did my job. I just remember that split second when I turned around to look at her and she was looking at me with those sad eyes. That image just stuck in my mind ever since, I thought I might as well draw it, maybe it’ll help me accept that I might not see her again. But I'll never forget her. I tried to draw every detail I could remember, the small pile of rocks the detail of the gun and the large building visible through the hole in the wall.

After 10 minutes I finished it, not exactly how I remembered but close enough and I was a bit pissed off about the smudge but I can always redraw it if I wanted to. I’m going to stick it in this journal for now and hopefully I can have it as a picture on my desk at home. If it’s still there that is.

It’s strange, after everything I’ve been through I don’t think I’ve felt this sad about losing someone I know in this war. I guess I grew numb to the feeling because I've lost so many people in this war. My farther, my uncle. .... My daughter. After that I didn't feel the pain anymore. I was nothing but an empty shell that had all it's emotions torn away. Everything I loved dissected from my life until I had nothing left. That's why I took care of Rainbow Dash as best as I could, she helped me to feel again. But now she's gone.

I know there was nothing I could’ve done to save her, I guess it’s best if I just let go and say to myself that she’s gone. It's what I've always done. Otherwise I’ll go mad trying to think where she is in this forest.




I’ll miss you Rainbow.

Sergeant, David, Ann, Bishop.