• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 11,387 Views, 1,203 Comments

A Hero Of War (UNEDITED) - DontWakeTheNeighbour



Rainbow Dash finds herself on the frontline in one of the most fearsome battles in existance.

  • ...
35
 1,203
 11,387

Back

Rainbow Dash’s mind went blank, she struggled to breathe, she felt as if the wind was knocked out of her. Slowly she opened her eyes, the sudden light grazed her senses before she realised that she was falling. Trying to open her eyes she found herself staring into the sun.
Using her wings to flip onto her stomach she could see the ground rapidly approaching, disorientated, drowsy, she tried to open her wings to glide. With one firm thrash, both her wing flared open as she looked at the ground. The trees, the buildings, the colours, she was back. A large grin spread across her face as she looked down, she was back and Bishop was at most a mile away.
As she descended she began to look for a place to land, unsure of how people would react if they saw her. She noticed how much more colourful and full of life the town was compared to the deserted wastelands she was used to before. She had a hard time believing that she was in the right world. She saw a small opening on a large building looking over the busy town, slowing down; she gently came to a stop before touching down.
She took a moment to breath, walking to the edge of the building, looking down to see the residents walking around. Smiling, talking, not fighting to the death, Rainbow Dash grew worried, taking off the element before putting it under her wing.

“This can’t be right. …. This can’t be the right place.”

She jumped onto the ledge before gliding into the alley between the building and the one next to it. She slowly walked towards the streets, staying in the shadows as she observed her surroundings. She poked her head out into the open before a couple passes her, to which she backed into the alley again. She took another look before she began to doubt if she’d ever see Bishop again.
Suddenly a large truck speeded past; she covered her ears as the engine roared past her, Rainbow Dash poked her head out again, seeing a large group of soldiers sat in the back of the vehicle. As a second one passed Rainbow Dash recognised the uniforms, without a moment’s hesitation she soared vertically into the air.
As she gained altitude her spirits raised just as quick, she levelled out before she began to follow the small convoy from a distance. She looked ahead to see the trucks approaching the coast where there was a large base, soldiers walking the docks, ships docked, trucks driving in all directions, she began to descend once again, looking around to make sure she wasn’t being watched, she was all too familiar with how cruel the world could be if she wasn’t careful. As much as she wanted to be able to walk the streets freely without having to be afraid, she just couldn’t bring herself to do so.
Touching down once again she sat next to a large rock, looking around to watch as the trucks drove into the crowded base. As the trucks drove away, Dash squinted her eyes as a small sign was revealed, spelling out the words.

‘Pearl Harbour’