• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 1,437 Views, 26 Comments

The Battle For Earth - darthvader45



Queen Chrysalis discovers Earth, and decides to make it the site of her new hive.

  • ...
4
 26
 1,437

Where am I?

When I exited the other side of the portal, I realized I was still hurtling through the air. I had no idea where I was headed, or if I would survive the inevitable fall.

"Oh man, I'm gonna die I'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadie.... I'm too young to die! WHY MUST THE GOOD DIE YOUNG?!"


Rainbow Dash was quietly enjoying her nap in the clouds. It was a good day; she was done with weather patrol for the day, and had just finished practicing her moves so she would be ready for the next Wonderbolts audition. Suddenly, the sound of somepony screaming pierced the air.

"Aw come on, I'm busy napping here!" She shouted with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Rainbow Dash hated being woken up in the middle of her naps. As she got up and rubbed her eyes, she spotted something in the distance falling.

"Oh boy, not good, NOT GOOD! I'm coming, I'm coming!" She quickly shouted, zooming off to grab a cloud. She picked the largest, fluffiest non-storm cloud she could find and dashed off to save whoever it was that was falling.



I was still falling, and as I fell I started to give up. "Oh man, this is it. This is it." I closed my eyes and braced for an impact that would most likely leave me splattered across the grass.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-Ooof!" I shouted as I slammed into something-soft? "Huh? What just happened?" I opened my eyes to find that I was laying on a cloud. "How in the world am I laying on a cloud? This is just weird."



"Uh, hellooo. Look over here." said a voice that sounded like a girl's, yet a bit raspy. I looked over towards the source of the voice, and almost fainted dead away.

A cyan pegasus was looking me square in the eye and looked a bit concerned. Her mane was colored exactly like a rainbow, with a tail to match. Her magenta-colored eyes were filled with a mix of concern and utter confusion.

"Who are you, and for that matter what are you?" the pegasus said, poking me in the leg.

"My name is Josh, and I'm a human. Thanks for saving me. I would have died had it not been for this cloud"

The pegasus quickly smiled at my response and waved it off. "Heh, it was nothing. I've done things like this before. My name's Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in Equestria."


"Well Rainbow Dash, can you get me down to the ground please? We can talk more down there, where I feel a bit safer."



"Sure, I need to ask you some questions anyway." She said, maintaining that same smile she gave me earlier. She grabbed the cloud and began to push it down to ground level. When we got down low enough, I hopped off and she quickly began questioning me.

"Okay, first of all, how in Equestria did you get here, and what's with that scorch mark on your shirt?" She asked, pointing to the circular burn on the center of my shirt.


"Okay, here's what happened..." I said, getting ready for a pretty long-winded story.

I told her everything that happened, starting with the crazy posting on my Facebook wall (I had to explain to her what Facebook was), then the incident in my bedroom, and ending with the recent events that had just transpired.


"Okay, lemme get this straight. "Queen Chrysalis", the same changeling that was encountered at the Royal Canterlot Wedding, starts talking to you on this "Facebook" thingy, then arrives in your room through a portal. You and her get in a scuffle, she blasts you with a bolt of magic, and ends up sending you through the portal into Equestria?"

I nod in confirmation, and Rainbow Dash gets worried.

"Oh no, this is bad, really bad. We need to tell Twilight right away!" She spurted out while getting really close to panicking.

"Yeah, it's better to let someone know about this anyway. Let's get going!" I said, and we both began heading off to see Twilight.

Comments ( 25 )

This is my third story, and this time it is way more detailed. However, I'm still looking for anyone who can help me edit and proofread my story, as well as come up with ideas for new chapters. Any constructive criticism is well appreciated. I got this idea from another fanfic involving Queen Chrysalis(Feeding the Demons or: How You Fools Have Doomed Us All), and decided to show what might have happened after the events of that story.:twilightsmile:

Say...do you happen to know someone on Facebook called "Angular Beanro"?

No, can't say I do. Would that be you?:rainbowhuh:

Just found the page. Trollface for the profile pic. Now I see who you meant.

Wanna know how I would have responded to Chrysalis's threats? "just try, we'll fill you full of lead and hate bitch!"

Ok, need some comments on how I did with writing my story. How is it? Also, constructive criticism is welcomed. I did my best not to rush it.

Wow, 5 thumbs up and zero thumbs down? Wow, and I thought someone would hate on my story. Anyway, I call dibs on the title 'First HiE story involving Queen Chrysalis'.

this could very well be the first involving the changling queen, well played my good sir.:moustache:

It seems a bit rushed and lacking of details. I didn't notice any grammatical errors, though. Also, you could of wrote Josh's explanation to Rainbow Dash. Also, Josh takes in seeing Rainbow Dash a tad too easily. I mean, she's a pegasus. Pegasi aren't real, and he's a brony, so you'd think he would be a bit out of sorts since he's seeing RAINBOW DASH. Most of us here would be a lot more excited, even if our world was being threatened by an evil queen with a gigantic horde of monsters that can look like anypony.

499279 Actually, the amount of surprise and excitement I had in me couldn't possibly be explained with words. Plus, I had a very long explanation, which would have taken a good portion of the page, so I shortened it(long story short thing, y'know?). As for lack of details, yes the second chapter was quite lacking in the detail section. I agree on it being a bit rushed, but the events transpired so quickly, he didn't have time to properly describe everything. However, I thank you for your constructive criticism. What surprised me is that the mods approved it in just over an hour. That might be a record.

499032 Unfortunately.... no. Im tracking one where someone is turned into a changeling and send to equestria.

I don't get that title? Well, mine directly involves her. thejosh even suggested it could be.

I like it.... so are you intending to have a legitimate armies clashing in a major city, or something smaller?

I'm thinking of a major battle, so major city might be the option. I'm not too good at ideas though, so if anyone wants to help me and thus turn this into a collab, by all means let me know.

i can give you some help if you need it. this is going to get good and soon but i think Chrysalis kind of screwed up on this one Earth has probably got 10% of the love that Equstria has. good story so far.

Uh, check the story Feeding the Demons. She really has gotten much more powerful, plus there are thousands of bronies in fanclubs dedicated to her.

Wow, a changeling favorited my story. I guess anything involving his queen will get a favorite from him.

514648
Changeling approves!

Good to know I'm on a changeling's good side. I honestly do not want to be ruled by Queen Chrysalis. Changeling, tell your queen that if she decides to invade, I'll be waiting.

524271
" I honestly do not want to be ruled by Queen Chrysalis" you make it sound bad i shell let you know we get weekends off does your leader give you weekends off? and we get a gold star if we are good i bet your leader doesn't give you shiny stars.

Uh, yeah, and there are awards. The highest civilian honor is the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which is a big gold star. No, it doesn't have anything to do with earning freedom - we have that already.

497957 Awesome. More is needed to satisfy hunger for awesome.

499279 Uh, did you see the words "nearly fainted dead away"? That pretty much sums up what you wanted.

Hey guys, what should my new chapter be named? I'm stumped on what to call it.

Yeah, but can someone message HalfDeamonSpartan? I need her help on getting my next few chapters out. Though with college work, this will be very difficult.

Login or register to comment