• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 934 Views, 32 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 3 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



"Doth thou wot what it's like to be truly high-lone? I lost everything to the apocalypse. mine family is gone. . . forev'r. All I hast left is rage, ready to unleash on the undead scum that walk Equestria. And I'm not truly high-l

  • ...
10
 32
 934

S3E11: Return To Ponyville

Author's Note:

The group finally makes it back to Ponyville, and must face the past as they travel across the destroyed town.

Twilight laid on her bed. She held Smarty Pants close as she listened to Rainbow read her Daring Do book.

In the back of the train, Secret and Scootaloo told jokes as they tried to brighten the mood.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" Secret asked.

"This one is old." Scootaloo told Secret, tilting her head.

"I don't think you heard this one." Secret said to her.

Meanwhile, Luna sat at the far back corner of the train car, ignoring the two jokers as she stared at the picture of her and Celestia. She was no longer feeling sadness at the loss of Celestia, but confusion of what actually happened to her.

Luna felt the train come to a halt, and she fumbled the picture. She quickly grabbed onto it so that it would not fall.

Rainbow and Twilight got out of their beds as Spitfire entered their cabin. Secret, Scootaloo, and Luna trotted into the cabin as well.

"Guys." Spitfire began. "We made it."

The ponies looked at each other and quickly went outside. They were greeted by the sight of Ponyville's train station, as well as the rest of Ponyville.

What's left of it, at least.

Intro

"It's worse than when we left." Spitfire said, staring at the town in shock. "How could that even happen?"

"There surely weren't any survivors left behind." Rainbow rubbed the back of her head. "I hope..."

"We don't have the time to reflect." Twilight said. She carried out a bunch of bags with her magic, and handed them too the ponies. "I made sure to ration supplies. They will last us three days." Twilight told them. "Only three days."

"Ain't that all we need?" Scootaloo asked.

Luna looked at Scootaloo. "The forest hath a mind of it's own." She told her. "Anon, that our sister is gone, it feels free to doth what it likes."

"Great." Secret picked up his bag. "We have that forest in control of everything." He growled.

"We've survived the forest many times." Twilight said. "A little change won't harm us. Although, just in case, we should see if we can find some supplies."

"'Ere we go again." Applejack said.

"Just like old times." Spitfire mumbled.

The group stopped at town square. They looked around, confused. There were no zombies in sight.

"You cannot tell me that there are no zombies at all." Spitfire said. "I can't believe it."

"Do you think they all left to find some other living species?" Scootaloo asked.

"It could happen." Twilight answered. "I think we should split up." She turned to the others. "We'll meet back here, in the square. Everypony, partner up."

Rainbow picked up Scootaloo then trotted next to Applejack. "We'll go check out Sweet Apple Acres." Applejack said.

Spitfire patted Secret on the back. "We'll go to Sugarcube Corner." She said.

"That leaves me and Luna." Twilight said.

"We wilt explore thy library, young Twilight." Luna told the young alicorn. Twilight nodded.

"Meet y'all back here!" Applejack called as she trotted off.

"Don't get lost." Secret said, following Spitfire.

The group soon dispersed and went on their separate ways.

The two pegasi and earth pony arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. The barricade was still there, for the most part. Parts of it were destroyed, but the general wall still stood.

Applejack entered the farm and trotted down the pathway carefully. Rainbow and Scootaloo followed behind her, keeping their eyes out for anything unusual.

They stopped when they reached the barn. "Well, here it is." Applejack said. "Look around. We mighta left somethin' behind."

Rainbow opened the barn doors, trotting inside. Applejack trotted off to the farmhouse and kicked open the door.

Rainbow and Scootaloo searched the barn. Rainbow removed a tarp, revealing some ammunition "Hey, I found some ammo." She said, turning back to Scootaloo. Although, Scootaloo was not there. "Scootaloo?" Rainbow called, looking around. "Scootaloo, where'd you go?!"

Applejack trotted through the house. It was dark, but she held a lantern in her mouth. She trotted into the living room, and frowned at the sight. She put down the lantern as she approached Granny Smith's corpse. Luckily, she only died of old age. The infection did not affect her. Applejack looked down to the shotgun that Granny Smith held.

"Sorry, Granny." Applejack said. "They're all dead." Applejack grabbed the shotgun and pried it from the dead pony's hands. She slung it over her back and trotted to the kitchen. Applejack searched the kitchen and looted the rest of the food that was still edible.

"Sugarcube Corner." Spitfire opened the door. "Gah, this place stinks." She covered her nose.

"Let's just grab what we can and get out." Secret said as he nudged Spitfire. Spitfire looked back at him with a glare, then proceeded to trot inside of the store.

The place was ransacked. "There can't be anything left." Spitfire said. "We took everything last time we were here."

"We didn't take anything from upstairs." Secret told her.

Spitfire rolled her eyes. "You would know. You took that Daring Do book from Pinkie's room."

"You remember well." Secret joked.

Spitfire grunted. "Whatever." She trotted upstairs, Secret following behind her. Spitfire kicked open the first room. She could tell it was Mr. and Mrs. Cake's room. A big bed was at the side of the room. Secret stood at the doorway as Spitfire searched the room.

"Nothing here." Spitfire called after carefully searching the room. She trotted out and looked at Secret before moving on the next room.

Twilight opened the door and turned on the lights with her magic. The library seemed to be intact, with almost no damage to it whatsoever. Twilight looked around her library for supplies. She trotted up to her room and searched.

"I don't expect to have anything useful." Twilight said. "I wasn't one to be prepared for this kind of stuff."

When there was no answer, Twilight looked up. "Uh, Luna?" Twilight asked. She trotted back down the stairs.

When she got to the bottom, Luna tossed a book to Twilight. Twilight quickly caught it with her magic.

"Read it." Luna told her.

Twilight looked at the book. "Caelum?" Twilight asked. "This is what Celestia was talking about. What is it?"

"Read it!" Luna said again.

"But..." Twilight began.

"Thou will read it, then thou can ask such questions!" Luna snapped. Twilight fell silent, then quickly began to read the book.

Scootaloo looked around the second floor of the barn. It seemed very quiet, and it bothered her. Then, she heard a creak. She turned around, to see that nothing was there.

"Scootaloo, where are you?" Rainbow called from downstairs. Scootaloo was about to answer, but a crash stopped her. Scootaloo squealed and turned around, to come face to face with the undead corpse of Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo screamed and fell backwards as the corpse slowly approached. Scootaloo crawled away from it, ending up in the corner.

Rainbow heard the scream and quickly rushed to get upstairs. Rainbow got there in time to see Sweetie Belle jump at Scootaloo. Rainbow pulled out her hoofgun and shot the zombie quickly, sending it barreling to the side. Scootaloo stared in horror as Rainbow quickly ran up and picked up the young pegasus, holding her close. Scootaloo started to cry softly as Rainbow stared at the dead body in shock.

"Found some candy in Pinkie's room, if that counts." Spitfire said as she stuffed her bag.

"It's something." Secret answered.

Spitfire trotted to the end of the hall. "Guessing this is the foals' room." She said as she kicked open the door.

The room was indeed the foals' room. Toys scattered the room, as well as the crib that the twins shared. Spitfire searched the room carefully. Secret trotted into the room and went to the closet. He opened the closet slowly, causing toys to fall on him. He fell over as the mountain of toys piled on top of him.

Spitfire turned to him and started laughing. "Haha, funny." Secret said as he tried to get clear of the toys.

Spitfire stopped laughing as a soft growl echoed. She turned to the doorway, seeing something from her past appear.

"Fleetfoot!" Spitfire gasped as the undead pegasus stumbled towards Spitfire. Spitfire turned and looked behind her. All that she saw was a window. She turned back to Fleetfoot and quickly started to back up.

Secret quickly searched the toys for his shotgun. He then pulled out a squeaky toy, aiming it at Fleetfoot and causing it to make a squeak. Fleetfoot's corpse turned to Secret, giving Spitfire enough time to jump out the window and fly off. Fleetfoot turned to the window and screeched, taking off after Spitfire.

"That can't be good." Secret said as he dropped the squeaky toy.

Twilight put the book down. "What does a filly's tale and Celestia have to do with each other?" Twilight asked Luna.

"Caelum is exactly wherefore our sister can speak to us in our dreams." Luna told her.

"You mean to tell me that this is all true?!" Twilight asked, shocked.

"The Mare in the Moon was true, if we remember our own past as vividly as we lived it!" Luna said, narrowing her eyes.

"You got a point." Twilight said, putting the book in her bag. "Is that why you wanted to come here?" Luna nodded silently. "Okay then, I guess we should head back to town square. The two trotted out of the library, only to see Spitfire flying away from Fleetfoot above them.

"Oh dear Celestia..." Twilight began.

Spitfire flew fast, but Fleetfoot kept to her tail. Every time Spitfire tried to maneuver away from Fleetfoot, the undead pegasus would follow. There was no out-flying a pony who can perform the same tricks as her. She only had one option, do them better.

Spitfire flew closer to the ground, hoping to lose the pegasus in the buildings. There was no losing this undead creature, though. It kept on her tail no matter where she went. Spitfire grunted and tried to get some shots in, but was unable to hit her target. Spitfire groaned and flew back up to the open air.

She spotted a clock tower, and got an idea. She flew directly towards it.

"What is she doing?!" Rainbow asked as she galloped up to Twilight.

"I have no idea..." Twilight answered as Scootaloo, Applejack, and Luna caught up to them.

Spitfire aimed directly at the bell. She pushed herself to gain as much speed as possible. Fleetfoot did the same. Spitfire closed her eyes as she quickly approached the bell.

BANG!

Spitfire slowed down and turned around. She saw Fleetfoot's corpse smashed into the bell, the bell chiming from the impact. The corpse slowly fell off and to the ground, no longer moving.

Spitfire panted heavily as she hovered herself to the town square.

When she reached the town square, the ponies gathered around to see if Spitfire was okay. Secret galloped up. "What happened?" He asked.

The group looked at him. "Where have you been?" Spitfire asked.

"I lost my shotgun in the toy pile." He said. "I would've been here sooner, but...I'm blind."

Twilight rolled her eyes and trotted up to Secret. "At least we're all alive..." She said as she patted his back.

They were interrupted as a loud screech echoed. The ponies turned to the direction of the screech and trotted towards it.

They arrived at Fluttershy's cabin, and came face to face with the Everfree Forest behind it. Another screech echoed from inside the forest, sending chills down the group's spines.

"I think I know where the zombies went." Rainbow said, clenching her teeth.

"Just our luck." Secret grumbled.