• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 927 Views, 32 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 3 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



"Doth thou wot what it's like to be truly high-lone? I lost everything to the apocalypse. mine family is gone. . . forev'r. All I hast left is rage, ready to unleash on the undead scum that walk Equestria. And I'm not truly high-l

  • ...
10
 32
 927

S3E08: A Child Who Has Grown

Author's Note:

Scootaloo has changed a lot since the apocalypse started, and she struggles to hang on to sanity as she has strange nightmares.

Scootaloo sat down in the grass, one hoof on her helmet. She heard a rustle in the bushes. Her ears perked as she looked up.

Applebloom trotted out of the bushes, along with Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo stared in shock.

"Applebloom? Sweetie Belle?!" Scootaloo asked. "What are you doing here? How are you here?!"

"What are ya goin' on about?" Applebloom asked.

"We trotted." Sweetie Belle answered. "Duh."

Scootaloo tilted her head, confused. Applebloom stared her down. "What's wrong, Scootaloo? Ya look like y'all seen a ghost." She smiled, showing off her sharp fangs.

Scootaloo looked at Sweetie Belle, who had glowing red eyes. The pegasus screamed at the top of her lungs.

Intro

"Scootaloo!"" Rainbow called.

Scootaloo stopped screaming and opened her eyes. She was in the train car. Rainbow was right beside Scootaloo's bed, a worried look on her face.

"Scootaloo, are you okay?" Rainbow asked. "You started screaming in your sleep..."

Scootaloo nodded slowly. "It's nothing, just...it's nothing."

Rainbow gave Scootaloo an odd look before trotting out of the cabin. Scootaloo took a deep sigh and rubbed her eyes, feeling the wet tears. She got out of her bed and stretched, a little happy that she was in the real world. Scootaloo made her way to the engine, where Spitfire was manning the train.

"Oh, hey kid." Spitfire said as she looked back at Scootaloo. "How are you today?"

Scootaoo shrugged. "Not the best day."

Spitfire looked forward. "Is something wrong?"

Scootaloo shook her head, even though that was not the case. "Nothing at all. Just, missing my friends."

Spitfire frowned. "We all miss somebody, Scootaloo." She told the young pegasus. "But, your friends, they don't want you to be like this."

Scootaloo tilted her head. "They don't?"

Spitfire nodded. "They want you to be strong. Grow up. Be a real mare." Spitfire smiled at Scootaloo. "Don't let them down."

Scootaloo gave a small smile. "Really?"

"Reallly." Spitfire answered. "Hey, could you shovel some more coal into the furnace?"

Scootaloo nodded and did just that. After she was done, she went back into the cabins. "Thanks for the talk!" She called to Spitfire before she left.

The train stopped in the middle of nowhere. It was getting close to dark, and the group needed to get some sleep. Everypony but Twilight and Rainbow fell asleep.

Rainbow stuffed a bag with leaves and tied it up. She tied it to a tree in front of Twilight and smiled. "You're going to learn how to kill something properly."

Twilight took out her scythe and stared at the bag. "Where exactly do I hit it?" She asked nervously.

"The head is usually a good place, but the chest works great too." Rainbow told her.

Twilight swung her scythe at the bag, missing by an inch.

Rainbow smirked. "That was nice, but try hitting it this time." She told Twilight teasingly.

Twilight sighed. "Don't push it, Rainbow." She said swinging her scythe at the bag, this time cutting it open through the middle. "How about that?" Twilight asked, smiling.

"That was actually good." Rainbow said, smiling. Rainbow took out her katana and sliced at the bag twice, causing more leaves to pour out.

"This is actually a little fun." Twilight said with a smile.

Rainbow patted her friend on the back. "What was it like?"

Twilight looked at her friend. "What was what like?" She asked.

"Slicing open a zombie." Rainbow asked. "What was it like?"

Twilight shrugged. "I'm not sure, really." Twilight answered. "Fun...I guess?"

"That says a lot about you, Twi." Rainbow told her friend. Twilight looked at her funny.

Scootaloo tossed in her sleep. She was indeed having another nightmare.

Scootaloo stared at the deformed Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. She gulped as they got closer, hissing.

"Join us, Scootaloo." A deformed Applebloom said to her as it slowly got closer.

"We want to play with you, forever." The creepy Sweetie told her, a sharp tongue slithering itself out of her mouth.

Scootaloo leaned back against the train, only the train to vanish and the entire scene to change.

Scootaloo found herself upside down, being held over a cliff. Down below her was an endless sea of lava. She looked up, seeing that the deformed Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were holding her by her hind hooves.

"It's time to fly." Sweetie Belle told her friend. The two let go of Scootaloo, letting her fall towards the sea of lava.

Scootaloo screamed and flailed her hooves, afraid. "Wake up! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" She screamed.

Scootaloo closed her eyes as she approached the lava.

They want you to be strong. Grow up. Be a real mare. A voice echoed. Don't let them down.

Scootaloo opened her eyes. She looked down, the lava right under her hooves. Her eyes widened, and she looked behind her. Her wings were flapping fast, hovering her above the lava.

She stared at the lava once more, shocked. She watched as the lava slowly turned to white, and she was able to land safely on an invisible ground. She looked around at the white landscape, confused.

"Scootaloo!" A voice called. Scootaloo turned her head to see Applebloom in the distance, waving. Sweetie Belle came up behind her and waved too, smiling.

Scootaloo gave a small smile before suddenly waking up. She got up and trotted to the door of the cabin. She opened it and stepped outside. She took a deep breath, breathing in the outside air. Her eyes rested on two familiar figures.

Scootaloo gasped as she recognized the characters. Rainbow and Twilight were knocked out on the ground.

"Rain-" Scootaloo was cut off as something hit her in the head, hard.

"Bag 'em." A voice ordered. "Take the two princesses with me."

"What about the country one?" Another asked.

"Ah'll beat y'all to death, ya hear?!" Applejack shouted.

A loud whack, and a body hit the ground.

"I thought she would never shut up." A third voice said.

"C'mon, let's go." The first voice said.