• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,178 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,178

Arc 1 - Chapter 13: The Everfree Dungeon Part 1

Kirsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 13: The Everfree Dungeon Part 1

Frank uses the anchor crystal to teleport back to the Guild Hall and then sends a message to his fellow party members.

Meet at the forge so we can begin making our new gear for tomorrow.

Once sent, the Guardian heads down to the forge and waits for his friends.


A Few Minutes Later


"Alright! So it's time to upgrade!" Jack says with a grin, despite the fact he can't craft any equipment.

"Yes, so let's put all our materials into a pile on the table so we can all take what we need," Frank replies and puts his copper and tin ore on the table while the others place their materials down as well.

"Alright then. I shall make myself a new bow along with two staffs for Laura and Sam, as well as some new pieces of armour for me and Daring," Satoshi says picking up a few pieces of wood.

"I'll start making more potions and antidotes for us as well," Samantha says picking up some herbs and roots before heading to her alchemy station.

"And I'll make some new robes for Sam and me until Satoshi is done with the staffs," Laura says heading off to the tailoring area with some wool.

"I'll get started on new weapons for me, Jack, and Daring and some armour for Jack and I as well. Not to mention some arrowheads for Satoshi," Frank tells them and puts some tin, copper, and some leather into his inventory.

"I'll just sit in the corner and wait for you guys to finish," Jack says and sits down on a chair while watching his friends work.


One Hour Later


Frank puts the last bronze ingot onto the anvil and starts to hammer it as sparks fly off the metal with every hit.

After a few seconds he stops and the materials merge together forming a rare bronze warhammer.

"Hey, Jack! Looks like it's your lucky day!" Frank says to the warrior and tosses the hammer to him.

Jack yelps as the warhammer flies right at his head, but he manages to catch it and barely stopping it from hitting his head.

"Watch it man! You could have given me a concussion!" Jack yells at the Guardian with a frown.

"Sorry, but I thought you'd like to know it turned out better than I thought," Frank replies and puts his tools away.

Jack grumbles and looks at his new hammer. "Whoa, you managed to craft a rare at your level? Niiiice!" Jack says and equips his new warhammer. "All is forgiven," he then says swinging his hammer a few times.

The others have also finished crafting all their new gear and stocked up on potions and ammunition.

"I'm all done," Samantha says handing Jack and Frank newly made power boosting potions.

"Sweet, I hope these taste better than they look," Jack says looking at the bottle of green liquid in his hand.

"I don't know but they'll give you a twenty percent damage buff for thirty seconds," the Cleric replies.

"Cool," Jack says and puts the potion on his hotbar.

"So what do we do now? Train or relax until tomorrow?" Satoshi asks the group.

"Relax for now, it would also be a good idea to see how the others are getting along," Frank replies.

"Alright then, I'm heading off to get something to drink and then take a nap," Laura says and walks off.

The group then leave the forge and go their separate ways. Frank heads out to the courtyard where the anchor crystal is and takes a deep breath of fresh air.

A bright flash then blinds the Guardian followed by the sound of a girl groaning in pain. "Ouch... what happened?"

Frank opens his eyes to see Rainbow Dash sitting next to the crystal rubbing her head.

"Rainbow Dash? What happened?" Frank asks her while walking over to the sitting pegasus.

"Huh?" she replies and looks behind her. "How the hay did I get here?" she asks confused.

"You either used your recall crystal or you just died," Frank replies and holds his hand out to her.

She frowns and then suddenly goes pale with wide eyes. "I died!?" she yells as her right eye twitches.

"It's the only explanation to why you're here. So what happened?" the Guardian asks her.

Rainbow sighs and looks away. "I tried to fight a monster by myself to see if I could beat it... but I got attacked by four more," she replies with a pout and grabs his hand.

"Ah, the rookie mistake of thinking you could go solo. In Kirsarnia, monsters always roamed in groups so attacking alone unless you have good gear and a high level is a poor choice," he tells her while pulling her onto her feet.

She continues to pout and then glares at him. "You saying I'm too weak!?" she asks with clenched teeth.

"Right now? Yes," Frank replies honestly and crosses his arms. "I recommend you stick with your friends for now until you're stronger and have better gear," he tells her.

Rainbow Dash growls in anger and then storms off into the Guild Hall.

"Just remember! This is a team effort and you're just hurting yourself by trying to do things on your own!" Frank then yells as she walks up the short steps to the Guild Hall doors.

Frank then sighs as Rainbow Dash tries but fails to slam the doors closed. He scratches the back of his neck as he looks towards the woods outside the anchor crystal's barrier. 'She better get it through her head that this is a team job,' the Guardian thinks to himself before heading back inside himself to prepare for tomorrow's Dungeon run.


The Next Morning


The party of six have had breakfast and are now waiting at the anchor crystal. Twilight and her friends are currently out in the woods again to practice some more, though Rainbow Dash seemed much less grumpy now after breakfast.

"So we got everything we need?" Frank asks his fellow party members.

"Yep! I got my potions and gear ready as well as three days of food just in case we get stuck there longer than we thought," Jack replies while checking his inventory screen.

"I have two-thousand arrows and my supplies as well," Satoshi comments while looking at his hotbar.

The others all voice their readiness and are eager to go.

"Alright then, let's head to Ponyville and then to the Dungeon. We can then maybe buy some mounts on the way home with the bits we find at the end of the Dungeon," Frank says to the others and then touches the crystal.

The others do the same and they all teleport to Ponyville.

When their vision returns, they spot Celestia and Luna walking over to the anchor crystal.

"Oh, Frank. Just who we wanted to see actually," Celestia says walking over to the Guardian.

"Good morning, Princesses. What do you need?" Frank greets and asks them.

"We have the first batch of supplies ready to begin building homes around the Cas... Guild Hall," Celestia replies and shows him a map of where the houses will be built compared to the Guild Hall.

"I see. This looks fine, we can have the left side to the Guild Hall as a residential area while the right can be commercial," Frank says looking over the map. "And I guess we can have embassies built behind the Guild Hall for other countries and a large plaza or city centre just out front of the main gates for people to gather," he then adds.

"That sounds reasonable. We shall escort the first convoy after Twilight and her friends return," Luna says and looks at the gathered party. "I take it you are going to attempt to clear the Everfree Dungeon?" she then asks them.

Jack grins and hoists his hammer onto his shoulder. "Yup, we got better gear now so it should be easier to deal more damage to the monsters. Also I'm hoping you left some more powerful gear there... I really wanted that legendary sword..." he says with a pout.

Luna glares at him and huffs. "I made that sword over the course of a hundred years. It has seen many a battle by my side, I would never part with it and I would be using it now if it wasn't for the level restriction that seems to be on it," Luna retorts.

"Okay okay, I get it. It means a lot to you, doesn't mean I still wouldn't want to have it though," Jack replies and sighs.

Frank shakes his head slightly and looks back to Celestia. "Once and if we clear the Dungeon, we'll be back later to tell you how it went," he tells the Princesses who nodded to him.

"Very well, and good luck." Celestia replies before opening her message screen and begins writing to Twilight.

She has to admit that this function is much more reliable than using Spike's dragon fire to send letters, much faster too.

The party begins their trek toward the Everfree Forest and after a few minutes of walking, or riding on a slime mount in Samantha's case which got her a lot of odd looks from the towns folk, they make it to the forest border and enter into the tree line.

Along the way the group have been attacked a few times by some of the monsters, but with their new gear they manage to defeat them much quicker this time. Frank and the others were also surprised to find that the tin ore veins they mined yesterday have returned. Did ore regrow like a plant here? Frank decided to ask Discord later when he sees him again.

After an hour of trekking through the forest, they reach the Dungeon and walk through the gate.

"Finally! Let's go kick some ass! I wonder what boss or bosses this one will have, most Dungeons have multiple bosses but the one at the Guild Hall only had that giant slime... Unless those two crystal manticores Thira and Judas counted as a boss..." Jack says and wonders.

"I don't think so, a mini-boss or Guardians maybe," Satoshi replies.

"Well, whatever we find in here, we'll face it together and win," Frank encourages his party and they all cheer as they all walk through the swirling red portal.

The party step through to a ruined hallway with moss, torn tapestries, and rotting furniture lining the walls.

"Well, not what I was expecting first... I thought there would be a large lobby or something," Laura comments looking around.

"Let's get moving, the quicker we get this done the quicker we can get back and help with the construction of the new city," Frank says to the others.

"You mean our new city," Jack says with a shit eating grin.

"Yeah yeah, get going macho man," Laura says and jabs the warrior in the butt with her staff.

"Hey!" he yelps and jumps forward away from her.

Daring Do chuckles at their antics. "Finally we're doing a Dungeon again! I was getting so bored of the one at the Guild Hall," she says and draws her two new bronze daggers.

The others chuckle or giggle at her eagerness and start walking down the hallway with Frank up front.


The group come up to a door and Frank slowly opens it before peeking inside. He sees a few monsters that look like pale green goblins, only three foot tall wearing shoddy looking leather armour and rusty weapons. They also have pointy ears and long noses as well as beady black eyes.

Inside the large room is more rotting furniture and three hallways at the other side of the room, there's also a single chest to the left but the goblins are protecting it.

The Guardian pulls back his head and looks to his friends. "I see seven monsters that look like three foot tall goblins with crap looking equipment. I'll go in an grab their attention," he says and looks to Jack. "I want you to hit as many as you can at once at all times with your AOE attacks while I try to keep them bunched together," he tells him and receives a nod in return. "Satoshi, I want you to focus on the two on the far left. Laura, you focus on the next two, I'll attack the fifth while Daring you take the two far right. Got it?" he explains and asks.

The party nodded in reply.

"Alright then let's go!" Frank says and kicks open the door and uses his Shield Charge skill at the middle goblin.

Author's Note:

And here's part one of the Everfree Dungeon. Will be awhile before another chapter though.

Next up is a War Machine chapter.