• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,776 Views, 76 Comments

Fullmetal Pony - clearshot01



Guy gets knocked out, wakes up in Equestria, as a pony, missing what used to be his right arm

  • ...
2
 76
 1,776

The Ponyville Plague

1 WEEK LATER

I woke up in a really good mood. Man, that was a weird dream.

I wonder who that blue pony was. I feel like I know her from somewhere.

I decided to talk to Twilight about it after breakfast and my morning practice session. I'd been practicing my bladework for an hour every morning and evening with Christian, while my sister had been practicing her skills with her club and Riley with his dual pistols.

Seriously, where in the name of Celestia did these weapons come from?

Not that I was complaining. It gave me something to focus on, something to keep me from going insane thinking about how it was possible that we got sent to another reality. Once again, not that I'm complaining. Being in a new reality was pretty amazing. It's just kind of a hard concept to wrap your head around. But at least my new friends were helping me and my old friends get accustomed to how things worked around here. I was helping Twilight around the library, Christian had joined the weather team with Rainbow Dash, Riley was helping Applejack around Sweet Apple Acres, and Meadhbh was assisting Rarity at Carousel Boutique. All in all, everypony was adapting well. I for one, was adapting better than I thought I would. It was the first time I had felt like I was accepted by the community in general, despite my....issues. It felt right, like I had previously been in a world I wasn't really a part of, but that I had finally found one I was meant to be in.

“Stephen?” I jumped slightly. I turned to see Twilight looking concerned.

“Are you alright? You looked like you were lost in thought there”.

“Sorry. Just thinking about how I feel more at home here than I do in my own reality. Humans have a hard time accepting people for being... different. Even with Christian as a friend, and he's helped me out of more problems than I care to admit, it's hard to feel happy sometimes”.

“Oh, I'm sorry to hear that” She looked sad after hearing my opinion.

“Hey, cheer up. No use worrying about stuff we can't change.”

I gave her my best fake smile, and she chuckled. “Alright, then how about we get back to work?”.

“Sounds good to me. Let's do it. But first, I saw a strange blue pony in a dream last night. She had wings and a horn like Celestia, but her cutie mark was of the moon. Any ideas who it was. I swear I've seen her somewhere before but for the life of me I just can't remember.”.

”Stephen, that was princess Luna, she's Princess Celestia's younger sister”.

“Oh, then that explains why I felt like I knew her, but then why did I see her in my dream? And how come I couldn't remember her when I saw her? And also, she was saying something about peparing, but preparing for what? Oh well, I'm sure I'll remember it at some point. Anyway, should we get back to work?”.

Twilight seemed concerned, but didn't press the matter further.

“Ok, Stephen. Let's do that”.

And with that, we got back to work, my less than fortunate past forgotten. At the end of the day we said our goodnights and proceeded to rest for the coming day, although Spike was being difficult in that he wanted to stay up late, though he wouldn't say why. Twilight managed to make him sleep with the promise that she'd buy some gems from Rarity for breakfast the next day. We had no idea however, that the shadows had begun a plan that would make the next day into something none of us could have foreseen.

I woke up in the library, and had a look around. All in all, it seemed to be a normal morning. Then I noticed what time it was.

Oh sweet Celestia, Twilight is gonna kill me!

I had slept in, and I was supposed to go with Twilight to get supplies for next week. She had already left by the time I got downstairs.

“Hey Stephen, Twilight was pretty mad when she couldn't wake you up to go get supplies with her. I'd hate to be you when she gets back”.

“I know Spike. I am so dead”.

“Well, not dead Stephen, just in really big trouble”.

“Not making me feel better Spike”.

“Sorry. I'll be quiet now”.

Oh well, might as well get some practice before I die I thought as I grabbed my sword and went outside to practice. A few minutes later, I saw Twilight running to the library with a look of pure terror in her eyes.

“Stephen! You have to help! They did something. Something terrible!” She looked like she was about to faint.

“Hold on Twi. What's going on? Who are they?” I was starting to panic now, sweating as Twilight told me what was happening.

“The shadows”. Shadows? This cannot be good.

“They came and released some sort of plague. It's dreadful”

We ran to the town square to find Meadhbh and Christian fighting two ponies. The first was a white unicorn with black eyes and a black mane and tail. He was wielding two blades with deadly skill, but Christian was wielding his knife with just as much skill. And his flying speed made him difficult to target. The second was another unicorn with a white body and black eyes, but this one's mane and tail were red like blood. He was wielding a guitar in a melee style, while my sister was using her club. The two pairs seemed evenly matched.

“Twilight” I said with absolute seriousness. “No matter what happens, do not get involved, do you understand”.

“But Stephen I-”.

NO BUTS. Something tells me that this is our fight and ours alone. There's no point in you getting hurt over this”

She seemed to be preparing to try and change my mind, but suddenly just nodded silently and stepped back. I ran in, sword drawn only to be attacked from above by a third white unicorn, this one with a light brown mane and tail using nunchucks.

“Well, if it isn't the guest of honour. How's things Stephen?” She said with a malicious grin.

“How do you know my name?”.

“Oh we know everything about you and your friends. After all, it was your arrival here that brought us into existence. Thanks for that by the way. Name's Meg”.

“What do you mean?”.

“All in good time Stephen, all in good time. But for now, you're gonna have to find your fifth friend who arrived here. Don't worry, it won't be that hard, you'll find him on the way to face us. You can find us at the old castle ruins. Your friends the Bearers of the Elements can tell you exactly what we're talking about. Oh, and one more thing.”

Her voice dropped all traces of humour. “If the Bearers and the Princesses aren't with you when you face us, the Ponyville Plague will be the least of your worries. Bye for now losers”.

And with that she disappeared. And so did the other two.

“Ok Christian, Meadhbh, what is going on? Any ideas?”. Christian was the first to speak.

“Yeah, sort of. I was clearing the skies with RD, and this guy shows up out of nowhere, introduces himself as Marco, and attacks us. I felt like he was familiar somehow, so I told RD to stay out of it. She started to protest, but I told her in no uncertain terms that I wasn't gonna let her get involved. After that, I just started fighting. Good thing I trained so hard, or else I'd probably be...”

He didn't finish the sentence, there was no need. Meadhbh spoke next.

“I was cleaning up the Boutique with Rarity when I heard Christian shouting at Rainbow, so I ran out and there he was fighting that guy. So I ran to help but then I got attacked by the one with the guitar. He said his name was ParallelTraveler, but that he preferred Para. Anyway, I told him I didn't care about that and just started fighting. Other than that I didn't really see what happened. I'm sorry”.

“It's ok, I'm just glad you two are alright”. Just then, Riley came running up with Applejack in tow.

“You all look like hell. Did you guys get attacked too?”.

“Yeah, so Riley, was your opponent a white unicorn with black eyes?”.

“Well, except for the unicorn part, you're right, my opponent was a pegasus. Said her name was Magsimum Impact, but to call her Mag. She used some sort of bow thing attached to her right foreleg. Anyway, she showed up out of nowhere and attacked me. I got AJ to run for help. But suddenly she just up and left. We came here straight after, but all the other ponies are sick or something. They're all asleep and won't wake up.”

Riley was close to having a nervous breakdown.

I grabbed him and said “Calm down Riley. Getting worked up isn't going to help anypony. Now, there's still one more friend we have to find, at least that's what the one called Meg told me. Apparently we'll find him on the way to these old catle ruins. She said you guys, as the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, would know what that meant. So, what is it?”

“Well, there's only one such place that comes to mind. Those horrid old ruins where we faced Nightmare Moon”.

“I see. Then that's where we'll go. But there's one problem”. And then I explained their conditions.

“What in tarnation, you mean we have to bring the princesses with us. What do those varmints have planned?”.

“Doesn't matter. Whatever it is, we'll make sure it doesn't work. We're going to stop them. We're going to stop this plague. We're going to protect everyone. That's a promise”.

“Yeah, they try to get to you, I'll shoot 'em down”.

“I'll give 'em a taste of the Red Rush”.

“I'll take them down if they even think about hurting anypony else”.

And with that, our flanks started to glow. And then our cutie marks (if they can be called such) appeared. Mine was the symbol for bushido, the way of the warrior. Riley's was a bullseye. Christian's was a knife with wings. And Meadhbh's was a club in front of a shield.

“Well, looks like ya'll have found your special talents. Now how's about we put those talents to use and save the world?”.

“Sounds good to us AJ”.

“Ok, I'll send a letter to Princess Celestia immediately, we can't leave until she and Princess Luna arrive, after all”.

“Alright, but in the meantime, everypony get ready. Something tells me this is gonna be brutal”.

And so we left to prepare for a battle that would not only decide the fate of Ponyville, but the fate of all of Equestria...

Author's Note: This chapter I owe to Christian, he's the one that gave me the idea to add a plague to the story. He even wrote a rough draft for it. True, I extended it, but the credit for this one goes to Christian. after all, I couldn't have even come up with what I did for it if he hadn't pitched the plague idea in the first place. Thanks Christian. I owe you big time for this.