• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,772 Views, 76 Comments

Fullmetal Pony - clearshot01



Guy gets knocked out, wakes up in Equestria, as a pony, missing what used to be his right arm

  • ...
2
 76
 1,772

Prologue

Prologue: My life before

Hi, my name's Stephen Cleary, but my friends call me Clearshot. Reason: I always seem to give them a clear chance to take a shot at me, whatever I say or do. It's all in good fun though, so I laugh along with them. I'm also a brony (someone who likes My Little Pony for those who don't know what that means, although I doubt that'll be the case), but I don't tell most people. I definitely don't tell my sister cause she would never let me hear the end of it. My favourite pony? Probably Twilight, since I'm a lot like she was at the start of the series. I don't really spend much time making friends, and the ones I do have I only really get to see in college. I always have my face buried in a book too. I always preferred reading to socialising, seeing as I never really felt I could relate to others. Only recently learned that I had aspergers, which sort of explains my dislike of social interactions.

So anyway, it's a normal weekend day. In other words I'm doing what I always do. Slept in till 9am (Yes, I consider that sleeping in), had some cereal for breakfast, read some books, grabbed my iPod, phone, keys and wallet, and got the bus into the city center.

As usual, the front seat is unoccupied, and it's my favourite spot on the bus, though I still don't know why. Anyway, after about 10 minutes, I arrive at my destination and I immediately head to Patrick Street. I instinctively bob and weave through the crowds, having had much practice doing so while reading on the move, and it's even easier when I can actually watch where I'm going. I walk past the street performers and go straight for the local bookshops. I spend a good few hours just looking at the books on offer, then I see someone I didn't expect to see at all. My friend Christian, and what does he do? He calls out my name and runs over, playfully punching me on the arm. I don't mind though, because although sometimes he can seem a little random, he's always there for anyone who needs him, never turning away anyone who asks for his help. So, I spend the next hour walking around the shops with him. I look at my watch and decide to head for the bus. As we get to the traffic lights however, I start feeling dizzy, and my vision starts playing tricks on me. I could swear that for a few seconds, instead of humans, the town was filled with ponies. Then my vision clears, just in time for me to get hit by a van, sort of. (Somehow, all that gets hit is my arm, but the impact spins me right into a pole, and that's what knocks me out. Christian however, took the full force of the accursed vehicle.)