• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,773 Views, 76 Comments

Fullmetal Pony - clearshot01



Guy gets knocked out, wakes up in Equestria, as a pony, missing what used to be his right arm

  • ...
2
 76
 1,773

Tea and stories

When I managed to get up, I noticed that Twilight and Spike weren't the only ones in the room with me. The entire mane 6 were there, looking at me with a mix of confusion, worry and suspicion.

The first to speak was Rainbow Dash, and I doubt I'll ever forget what she said. “Ok buster, I don't know who you are, but unless you wanna experience a fall from cloudsdale at sonic rainboom speeds, you're gonna explain who you are, where you're from and why all those doctor guys are looking for you, you got that”.

All I could do was stare at her. Then Applejack stepped in before she could make good on her threat. “Hold on there sugarcube. Ah'm sure if we give him a chance to calm down, he'll be more than happy to explain the situation, right?”.

Once again, I could only stare. It was as if somehow I'd lost my voice and my ability to control my own motor functions. The next one to speak sounded more dignified. “Honestly Rainbow, there's no need for such vulgarity. Applejack is right. Just let the poor dear calm down and explain himself at his own pace”.

Then a softer voice. “Um, I agree with Rarity on this one Rainbow. We should give him a chance to calm down, he looks teriffied”.

“Yeah, and then we can PAR-TAY!”. This was quickly followed by four of the five telling Pinkie in no uncertain terms to “CALM DOWN!”.

At this, I suddenly lost control and started laughing. I had no idea why I was even starting but once I had, I couldn't stop. All 6 turned to look at me with looks that all said the same thing. They thought I'd gone crazy, if I wasn't already. Twilight was the first to speak after I finally managed to calm down from my laughing episode.

“Ok, why don't I make us all some tea, and then we'll talk, does that sound alright to you girls?”. Everyone agreed to let the questions wait until after tea.

I drank my tea in silence, my head flooded with questions, both for Twilight and her friends, and for myself. The most obvious of which was still How the buck did I get here and how in the name of Celestia do I get home? But the more important of which (to me anyway) was Is my sister alright? Are they worried about me? Or did reality rewrite itself so that it was as if I never existed or something?

However, I was willing to wait and answer their questions before I asked my own, despite how excited I was to be in their presence. I could see a mix of emotions as they all looked at me while they drank. Twilight and Fluttershy looked concerned more than anything, and Rainbow looked like she was ready to take me down the second I tried anything. Applejack looked at me with eyes that seemed to pierce my very soul. Rarity seemed to be torn between suspicion and concern while looking at where my arm Leg now dammit! used to be. She also occasionally glanced at my sword, which was propped against the wall.

I hadn't really taken a close look at it myself, but now that I actually had time, I noticed that the sheath and the hilt of the sword were golden in colour. There were two jewels set into the sheath.

I remembered how much she liked jewels, so I took a deep breath and said “If you want, I don't mind loaning you the sword for so you can take a closer look. After all, I don't think I can use it anyway in my condition” and I gestured to my missing limb to emphasise my point.

She took one look at me and said “Oh heavens no, dear, I couldn't possibly. I was just admiring it. Are those amethysts in the sheath?”.

I scratched my head and told her “I honestly don't know. Other than today, I don't even remember ever seeing a real sword. I don't even know where it came from”.

I felt kind of stupid admitting that, but when I saw the way they were looking at me, I relaxed. None of them seemed to think any less of me from what I could tell. Then Rainbow decided to give her two cents.

“Ok, so you're saying that you have absolutely no memories at all from before today? That sounds suspicious to say the least”, to which I replied “I didn't say I had no memories at all, I just said I didn't remember anything involving that blade. I told you I'd try and explain all this after we were finished, and I don't plan on backing out now. I wanna figure this out just as badly as you, maybe more so”.

She looked like she was about to say something else, but she just sighed and sat back down. We then continued to drink our tea in silence. After we finally finished, I got up and began to explain as best I could what happened to me.

“Ok, once I start, I don't want to have to stop, so if you have any questions, ask them now, or wait 'till I'm finished. Is that ok with you?” They all agreed to my condition, with Rainbow's impatience at waiting for an explanation getting the better of her.

“GAH, just hurry up and tell us already!”. I sighed and got started.

They all listened intently as I told them a little about myself and my sister, who I've been taking care of ever since our parents passed away. I explained what had happened to me and my friend Christian and my sudden awakening in this world. I even mentioned my not so comfortable first meeting with Celestia. That one got a laugh from Rainbow, who shut up pretty quickly when Twilight looked at her with a face that could have caused hell to freeze over. And that made me chuckle a bit. Afterwards I continued with my explanation, up to the point where I woke up to find them staring at me. I let out a deep breath, as if expelling the air would somehow make this feel less crazy.

I hadn't realised that I had closed my eyes when I had recounted the story, however. I guess it was my way of trying to remember more accurately, or maybe I was just hoping that when I opened them I'd be in my room, thinking it had been some crazy dream. When I opened them again, their expressions all said one thing. They believed me. I couldn't comprehend it. Here I was, telling a story that would've gotten most people locked in a mental institution, and they actually believed me. Just goes to show how you can always be surprised. They're faster to believe this than I am. I'm still not convinced this isn't just some crazy dream.

After that last thought, all the fatigue I had put out of my mind suddenly caught up with me, and I felt the warm embrace of unconsciousness again...