• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,778 Views, 76 Comments

Fullmetal Pony - clearshot01



Guy gets knocked out, wakes up in Equestria, as a pony, missing what used to be his right arm

  • ...
2
 76
 1,778

Magic and the plan

This time I woke up in a bed, much like the first time. Except this bed was normal, not one of those hospital ones with those pulley things that can adjust the angle. I got up and walked downstairs, noticing as I did that there was some sort of metallic sound as I walked. It wasn't till I tripped and fell down the stairs that I realised what it was. I noticed as I got back up that I had my right foreleg back. Well, not exactly. This one was made of metal, yet it felt like it was a part of me. It felt so light, yet at the same time I could feel some sort of power coming from it. Like it had been made by..... and then it hit me.

Magic. Twilight must've managed to make this for me. But where did she even learn to make something like this? I decided to ask her myself. When she noticed me she smiled and asked me how I was feeling. I told her that I was alright and then I asked her about the leg. She turned away, as if she was ashamed of something.

And then she told me “I-I'm sorry, but when you were asleep I noticed something attached to your sword, so I removed it and it was actually blueprints for the leg I made for you. I didn't actually have all the parts I needed for it, so I had to make most of them myself with magic. But because of that, it's actually a lot stronger and lighter than the original one from the blueprints, so you should be able to move faster than you would with the original and then I used my magic to make your sleep deep enough so that you wouldn't feel any discomfort when I attached it and...”

She stopped rambling as I wrapped my forelegs around her and said “Thank you”. She only blushed as I released her a moment later and apologised for embarassing her like that. She only said that I hadn't embarassed her, that she was glad to help. Then Spike called out that breakfast was ready from the kitchen. Our awkward moment forgotten, we proceeded to the kitchen for breakfast.

Breakfast apparently consisted of hay and milk. Twilight happily started eating, while I, unsure of how exactly I was meant to act, never having eaten as a pony before, sat there trying to figure out what I was going to do.

“Stephen, are you alright? You're not eating” Twilight's concern broke me out of my stupor and I apologised.

“Sorry. Just a little...lost in regards to Equestrian table manners”.

She looked at me once and gave a small chuckle. “Just use your magic to control the hay and bring it to you, it's easy. Anypony can...”

She stopped as she remembered what I'd told her, then immediately began to apologise while her face started to turn red from embarrassment.

“I'm so sorry, I forgot that you weren't a pony before and I should've realised that you wouldn't know how to use magic yet and...”

Once again, I stopped her saying that there was no harm done.

“Ok, so, can we just get to using it in a way that keeps me from starving for now” I asked with a smile. “Of course, just focus on the hay and imagine it floating in the air”.

I closed my eyes, did as I was told and sure enough, as I opened my eyes I could see the hay floating in midair, and there was a slight glow from my horn.

“Impressive Stephen” I smiled at the compliment.

If learning magic is gonna be this easy for me I thought maybe I can figure out a way home sooner than I thought.

“So, what're you gonna do now, Stephen?” I smiled at Spike and told him my plan.

“I'm gonna go get Christian out of that hospital, that's what. I'm not leaving him in there when I know for a fact he's probably scared out of his mind. And after all, he wouldn't leave me there. It's just not who he is. I can't call myself his friend if I'm willing to leave him behind”.

Spike actually grinned at me. “Well then, guess we've got a friend to help out, huh?”

I was a little taken back by his response.

“We? No way, this is my problem, not yours”.

“Yeah, but you're still recovering, and I happen to know someone who can get us in no problem”. I gave up the argument, feeling sure that there was no way I was gonna convince him not to get involved and instead just asked “Who do you have in mind?”

He smiled and whispered his plan to me. It was only sheer willpower that kept me from calling him crazy, but then again I still wasn't sure I was sane myself. I just walked and listened while he continued with explaining his insane plan.