• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,772 Views, 76 Comments

Fullmetal Pony - clearshot01



Guy gets knocked out, wakes up in Equestria, as a pony, missing what used to be his right arm

  • ...
2
 76
 1,772

New Living Arrangements

I woke up to see Celestia herself standing over me, and I immediately got up and backed away, fearful that more unwanted memories would surface, like they did the last time. But none came, and I finally started to calm down. That was when I noticed it. She looked like she had been crying.

“I saw the memories. It seems that you and your sister have both gone through painful times as well”.

That caught me off guard. But then I remembered. She has a sister too. She became consumed by darkness once, and Celestia lost her for a thousand years. I keep forgetting that I'm not the only one in the world who knows what it feels like to lose someone.

I was about to ask her if she wanted to talk about it, but then there was a bright flash. I couldn't open my eyes for a while, but when I did, there were two ponies on the ground between us. One had a light blue body and a yellow mane, and the other had a white body and a brown mane. The blue pony was first to wake up, and I recognised her voice immediately.

“Ow, feels like I jumped in front of a bus”. I was stunned, but only for a second.

“Meadhbh? What the? How'd you get here?”.

“Stephen, do you know this pony?”.

“Of course I do, she's my sister!”. Celestia actually seemed surprised by this.

“What about the other one?”.

That one I didn't know, but I got to know him soon enough.

“Hi, I'm Riley. Nice to meet you. So, I'm guessing you're her brother? She was looking for you and I said I'd help her out”.

He seemed to be completely unfazed by the fact that he had turned into a pony.

“Uh, yeah, I am. So, how'd you guys get here?”.

“Dunno. She was looking for you, but everyone was looking at her like she was crazy, saying they'd never heard of you. I went up and offered to help. So we went to the city center, then we lost consciousness, and now we're here”.

I still couldn't believe he was so calm telling me all this.

“So, Stephen, shall we take your sister and your new friend back to the library?”.

I nodded, not needing to be asked twice. “Lead the way ma'am”. And off we went. Back to the library, which was already past full capacity. Little did we know, we were being watched by five shadows. Shadows, which by all accounts, should never have been part of this world, but which somehow came into being with the arrival of myself, Christian, Meadhbh and Riley. They watched us leave, then departed for a long forgotten location.

When they arrived, Twilight, her friends, and Christian were all waiting at the library. They all seemed relieved to see us, but they didn't seem surprised to see the two extra guests. That's when AJ stepped forward.

“Listen Stephen. The gals and I have been talkin', and we thought your sister and friends could each stay with one of us, seein' as how there's barely enough room for you, Twilight and Spike to stay here. Your sister could stay with Rarity, Christian could stay with Rainbow Dash, and Riley could stay with me and my family at Sweet Apple Acres. You could stay with Twilight if you want, since we all noticed you eyein' those books like Rainbow Dash at a Wonderbolts show”.

“Oh, yeah, I always was the kinda guy who preferred books to people. My school days didn't help much with that”.

Twilight decided to change the topic, probably noticing I was uncomfortable talking about school.

“Then it's settled. You'll stay with me, Meadhbh with Rarity, Christian with Rainbow and Riley with Applejack”.

I smiled. Sometimes I'm surprised at how much they're helping us. Then again, I didn't get much help back home with my own problems. Actually, it's more like I refused it. Too stubborn to acknowledge when I needed it.

“Uh, Stephen, you ok dude?”

I snapped out of my thoughtful trance to see Christian looking at me worriedly.

“Oh, yeah, just thinking you know. It's sort of what I do best, remember?”.

“Yeah, but you haven't zoned out like that in a long time. The last time was a few years ago at least”.

I just smiled and told him I was fine. He dropped the subject and turned to face RD.

“So, which way to your place then?”.

“Over there” she pointed to a small place in the clouds. I knew where this was going.

“Ten cloud pies say I can beat you there.”.

“Oh yeah? YOU'RE ON!”. And off they went.

“Well, your friend Christian certainly is... spirited”.

“More like hyper. Sometimes I think he eats too much pie and is constantly on a sugar high”.

Everyone just smiled sheepishly, except for Celestia who was in the process of stifling a chuckle.

“I see. Well, I'd better get back to tending the animals. I'll see you girls later” And with that Fluttershy took off for home.

“OH! I forgot I have to help the cakes with a super-duper special rush order, bye!” And she was off like a rocket. A pink,sugar fueled, party rocket.

Applejack then started leading Riley away. “Ok Riley, time to show you where you'll be staying while you're here”.

He smiled and went without a hint of protest.

“Alright Meadhbh, shall I show you where you'll be staying. After all, it's getting dark, and a lady should never stay out too late”.

“Ok, that sounds good. Thank you miss Rarity”.

“Oh please, just call me Rarity my dear”.

“Ok then Rarity”. And with that, my sister was off to her new, temporary home at Carousel Boutique.

That left me, Twilight, Spike and Celestia.

“Well, I really should be getting back to Canterlot. I trust you can handle things from here my faithful student”.

“Yes Princess Celestia. I won't let you down”.

“I know you won't. And Stephen”. She turned to look at me, and I felt nervous.

And then she smiled slightly. “Keep practicing with that blade of yours, and maybe if I can find some free time, I can give you some pointers. Until then”

And with that said she took off for Canterlot, leaving me and Twilight alone outside the library. She turned to face me, and for a while I thought she was going to start yelling at me, but she was smiling.

“Wow, she offered to help you practice your swordsponyship. She must really see a lot of potential in you”.

“You think so? Wow, I used to learn how to use swords back home, never with real ones, mind you, just wooden practice blades, but I didn't actually think I'd ever end up using those skills in real life. It was just something to keep me occupied”.

“Ok, well it's getting late, so we should get some sleep. Agreed?”.

“Agreed”.

“Yeah. Let's hit the hay”. And so, the three of us went into the library for some much needed rest. Still unaware that the shadows were watching us, waiting for the chance to make their move.