• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 631 Views, 11 Comments

Swapped Sides - JetWave Wavewind



It was an average Saturday for Jack as he lounged at home. And yes, this is one of those stories where a human goes to Equestria. Written between seasons 2 & 3 and only roughly edited for spelling for grammar

  • ...
13
 11
 631

Finale

Well, I'm finally heading home. I thought as I floated though the familiar ethereal tube towards the a portal that held the tree I had fallen out of into the Equestria. "Just didn't expect to have a companion with me." I mumbled, causing the yellow mare in my arms to look up at me in confusion.

"Did you say something?" She asked.

"No." I said, not meaning to have said that out loud.

"Oh, ok..." She said as she nuzzled back into my arms. I sighed as we floated closer to the portal to my own world.

When we reached what seemed to be about the mid-way point between the two portals we hit some sort of nothing. Both me and Fluttershy looked at each other in confusion.

"Did you feel that?" She asked.

"Yeah..."

"Oh good, I didn't want to have been the only one." She said, seemingly content in knowing that I had felt whatever it was also.

I wasn't so alieved, noticing that we had stopped floating towards either portal since we had hit that bump. I didn't have much time to ponder on it though when a spark appeared on the swirling wall of the tube just past the point we had stopped, then it faded and expanded into a portal that the T.A.R.D.I.S. emerged out of. Both me and Fluttershy just stared at it as the door opened to reveal Turner, Derpy, and Twilight inside.

"Hey guys!" Derpy said as she poked her head out of the blue callbox. Neither me or Fluttershy could form coherent sentences in time to ask Derpy what was going on before she cut us off with an explanation. "Now look, we don't have time to explain. We gotta go get JetWave from your world!" She said as she pointed her hoof at me.

"Cya in a bit, Oh! Turner said to give you this! He said something about it being helpful against Daleks." She said as she tossed me what looked like futuristic dueling pistol. "Bye guys!" She said as she went back inside the T.A.R.D.I.S. as the door closed and another portal opened up for it to float through.


In the skies above a small neighborhood, Derpy Hooves flew out of the T.A.R.D.I.S. that was floating in mid-air there, the words of both Twilight and Turner ringing in her head reminding her of her mission. She soared through the air, keeping at least one of her eyes on the ground at all times to search for the hazy blue coated earth pony that had been thrown into this world by complete chance.

After awhile her eye that was focused on where she was going in the sky caught sight of the last thing she expected to see in this world, a cloud house like one a pegasus would live in floating just above a small hill. She landed on the doorstep of the home to find that it had been made out of fog-cloud, not something normally used for housing material. She entered the house to see that it had been roughly done but was obviously created by a pegasi and not by the forces of nature in this world.

The interior wasn't anything to brag about in any way, any furnature inside had been sculpted out of the same fog-cloud material that made up the entire house. So from a pegasi point of view, it was the equivalent of a room and literally everything in that room being painted the exact same color, not to mention that the house itself was in very poor condition.

"Yikes.. The Pegasus that used to live here had terrible taste." Derpy said as she lounged on the couch only to hop back up instantly.

"No no, I've still got a job to do!" She said as she rocketed out the front door, colliding with another pony that was about to enter through the same door. They both just sat there for a moment, eyes derping out before the stallion shook his head clear and saw that the mare he had run intos eyes were still off center.

"Derpy? Is that you?" He asked as he re-aligned his fedora. She looked at him at first in irritation and then remembrance that this is the stallion that she was supposed to find. "You! We need to go, now! No time to explain, Turner will when we get back to the T.A.R.D.I.S." She said as she scooped him up and flew back towards the blue box in the sky.


"So, you've been there for 3 days?"

"Yes, and they weren't very pleasant"

"And you were living in a house solely constructed out of fog?"

"Yes, it was the only material I could get my hooves on since I didn't have a pegasus to help me construct it"

"That explains alot." Derpy stated, interrupting the string of questions that Twilight had been asking JetWave since they had got back. Twilight was visibly confused at this.

"Don't worry about it, you'd have to be a Pegasus to understand." He told her. "So, that strange bi-ped thing that I passed in that strange vortex and me actually got thrown into each others worlds?" JetWave asked.

"That's right, his name is Jack and he's a human." Turner explained as the T.A.R.D.I.S. materialized in front of a battle worn Jack and Fluttershy, the former aiming the blaster he had been given at the T.A.R.D.I.S. in a panic. "Whoa! Take it easy Jack!" A very surprised Turner said as he poked his head out of the T.A.R.D.I.S. to see his own sonic blaster pointed directly at him. "Why don't you come inside." He said as the T.A.R.D.I.S. floated closer to us allowing me and Fluttershy to step inside.

"Whoa, what happened to you?" JetWave asked upon seeing the state we were in.

I looked at him and simply said, "Daleks."

I was surprised at how much bigger the T.A.R.D.I.S. was on the inside. We came in through the main door to a huge room with a central computer that was connected to a tube of wires that I assumed ran the vertical length of the T.A.R.D.I.S. and stairs leading to all sorts of other areas that should not have been dimensionally possible. Putting all of that aside, I asked Turner why we had stoped dead center between the two portals and he explained to all of us that in order for either me or JetWave to return home we would have to have entered the portals of the worlds we were in at the moment at the exact same time as each other and that he was amazed that we had achieved that kind of synchronization to cause us to switch worlds on accident.

"So now that we're both together in-between dimensions, I guess that all we have to do is leave the T.A.R.D.I.S. and we'll both naturally float to our home dimensions?" I asked.

"That's about the size of it."

"Then lets get too it, I've been really home sick..." JetWave stated as he started walking towards the exit.

"Yeah, me too." I agreed as I got up and followed him, Fluttershy instantly jumping up on my back.

I opened the door and both me and JetWave jumped into the tunnel with me holding his hooves to say our goodbyes.

"Well... Given the circumstances, I guess I won't be seeing you around." I said.

"Yeah, it really is kind of a shame. You have good taste in hats." JetWave said, looking at my hat.

"As do you my friend." I said, regarding his own.

"Thank you... friend"

"Umm.... Goodbye JetWave, I.. Ummmm..." Fluttershy said, still on my back. I patted her head with my free hand.

"It's ok Fluttershy, we don't really know each other so you don't have to say goodbye." JetWave said. "Well, no sense in prolonging the inevitable. Fare thee well Jack!"

"And the same to you JetWave!" I said as we let go of each other, floating off into our own worlds.





At least, that's what we expected to happen......

We just remained there, floating for what would have been a minute in our own worlds. "Ummmm, arn't we supposed to be, Yknow... Floating away from each other right about now?" I called to the ponies still inside the T.A.R.D.I.S.

"Sorry guys, we just don't know what went wrong." Derpy said as she poked her head out of the call box.

"I do," Turner said, poking his own head out. "You need to lose the extra cargo!" He said, pointing a hoof at me and Fluttershy. "WHAT?!" Fluttershy cried, holding onto me tighter.

"The only way you would be able to accompany him back to his own world would be to have your own counter-part step onto the portal and fall through, but then we would have this whole mess all over again." Turner explained to her. I turned my head to look at Fluttershy, now teary eyed after hearing Turners explanation. "I'm sorry Flutters, but it wouldn't be fair to your animals or your counter-part if you came with me." I said, trying to keep my voice as level as possible.

"I..." she said, sniffling before continuing. "I.. Th-thought you agreed to call me H-h-honey from now on...." She managed to get out. She then crawled around to where she was hanging onto my front. "A-and, and you said.... that you'd come back.." she got out through more choked on sobs.

"I-" Before I could get anything else out, there were two yellow fore-legs thrown around my neck and a mares lips pressed against mine, causing everyone present to gasp at this timid mares sudden act of boldness. She held the kiss for what seemed like thirty seconds before breaking away and opening her eyes that still had many tears to spill later. "I- I'm sorry..... I shouldn't be so selfish... you're right..." She said with as brave a face as she could muster as she let go and flew back to the T.A.R.D.I.S.

"I-" before anyone could say anything else, both me and JetWave were rocketed off into our own portals like rubber bands that had slowly been building up energy, the T.A.R.D.I.S. soon following JetWave into the portal to Equestria.


I woke up laying on my lawn, wearing the exact same flannel and gym shorts I had been, looking up into the tree that I had fallen out of. "Was it all just a dream?" I wondered. I looked down at my watch and it confirmed that 3 days hadn't passed, just 3 hours. "Whoa..." I said as I looked back up into the tree.

I noticed a hat laying on the ground next to me, strange.. I hadn't worn any of my hats out here. I picked it up and found that it had a signature stitched on the inside. I was never good at reading cursive, but I was pretty sure I knew what it said. "Heh, I guess it wasn't a dream after all." I chuckled to myself, placing the hat on my head and heading back inside.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FIN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

And that's that. Thank you so much those of you who kept reading past that horrid prologue and enjoyed the actual story itself. :pinkiehappy: Like I said in the story description, I wrote this thing between the second and third season so EG had no influence on the portals dynamic function thingy at all. Also anyone who felt that I didn't do a good job of capturing Dr. Whooves/Time Turner, you're probably right. I wasn't in that fandom when I wrote this, I just thought that having him in this story would be a fun thing to do. I know that the sonic blaster is actually Jack Harkness' and not The Doctors and the T.A.R.D.I.S. has only been seen floating in space (at least in the episodes I've gotten to, I'm only halfway through Tennant :ajsleepy: ) Anyway, I hope that the ending was satisfying and thanks for reading!

Comments ( 2 )

Butt..........? How did the first portal form? And the ending came to soon! You need to write a sequel!:twilightangry2:

7054306
No, they don't swap minds.
Just univereses~ :trollestia:

Login or register to comment