• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,983 Views, 60 Comments

The six headed HYDRA - Malcolm Merlyn



"The elements of Harmony, magical artifacts of untold power. Guardians, of the powers of the gods! And they will be mine. And then... the worlds! HAIL HYDRA!" - Johann Schimdt AKA The Red Skull

  • ...
5
 60
 1,983

Aftermath

"Ow..." Erica groaned as she got up from the explosion, shaking off bits of rubble and dust the same way a wet dog would shake itself to dry itself. She took a look around at the once magnificent hall of Canterlot castle, which was now a just an empty room, devoid of all the things that once made it grand, and now littered with dead bodies, rubble and parts, while being stained with things like blood. She took a look around, getting to see her first pony... which unfortunately, happened to be semi-conscious and groaning in pain. Painfully picking herself up, she went to look at the small horse, her eyes filled with sympathy for the creature's pitiful predicament. Elsewhere, Barkhorn got up from behind the upper floor, the stairs had partially collapsed, but that wouldn't stop the spry young woman as she leapt down to see Erica was okay, who was at the moment, intact.

Another groan would issue from within the room, and Captain America would rise from the rubble, digging his way out of a massive hunk of stone that no ordinary human could have ever hoped to lift, let alone lift almost effortlessly. Gasping for a moment, the Captain looked up around him. Trude was with Erica, Medic was huddled behind the balcony. Though he couldn't see Slade or Bucky, he knew the two would be okay, after all, who else would have the super-human durability of a brick wall?

"Everyone okay?" The Captain asked as he got up upon some rubble. EVERYONE was okay judging from the chorus of "yes" and "fine" that came back at him. But EVERY PONY was not. Seeing a member of the royal guard trapped, the Captain made every effort to get him out, his superhuman strength would allow him to do without as much as breaking sweat. Where Erica was, Medic made a point of healing the pony. Many would have though he was doing this out of the kindness of his heart... though many people would probably be rather wrong about that. He was merely testing to whether or not the Medi-gun would work on Equines, which at the current moment, from the Pony's rapidly healing wounds. It was working.

"Fine... just fine." Slade said as he leapt down from his former vantage point (and place to not get blown up) and landed right besides Cap. "Hey Barnes, you alright?"

"Fine." Bucky said as he tossed aside the corpse of a HYDRA soldier, his mask had been torn straight off, his face was the mask of fear of someone who had met a grisly end. Indeed, the massive stabbing wounds that were all over his body would be proof of Bucky's angry vengeance against the organization. "Damn... those two got away."

"We're all just lucky no one got hurt... too badly." Steve said as he looked over at everyone else. No ONE got hurt badly... didn't mean NOTHING didn't get hurt badly. Which sadly, was the case for several members of the royal guard, many of them were dead. There would be nothing anyone could do about it, not even the best doctor in existence...




"Good job my friends." The skull said as he sat down, facing away from the men he spot to and at the glass. Or rather, not the glass for on a submarine, that would have been VERY, VERY hazardous. Instead, it was what we may call "Transparent alumni". Three times stronger than steel and just as see-through as glass, it made for quite the good view... though it was doubtful a man called "Red Skull" cared too much about an undersea view. As of now, he was caring more about the damage Reaper and Crossbones had dealt to Canterlot castle. Why they did such a thing... both still had no clue. Of course, how could their less minds possibly comprehend?

"Eh... just a question sir." Rumlow said after Skull told him that he made it clear they weren't going to know about his master strategy. "You know how most of HYDRA is either German... or Japanese right?"

"Ja."

"So... why is everything written in English? And why are the controls of the Valkyrie written in English when you're the pilot?"

FLASHBACK TIME.

[1944. alps, HYDRA headquarters]

"Sir... why are these controls in English? Zola asked as he looked over the Valkyrie. "We are all German...

"Are you QUESTIONING my GENIUS INTELLECT doctor?! Skull replied indignantly.

"Well... no... but it doesn't make sense to why we're making EVERYTHING in English... like the city names on the bombs too!

"Do not question my genius!"

BACK TO THE PRESENT

"Dr. Zola was a brilliant scientist." Skull began rather quickly. "But he had his faults."

"Ah." Rumlow replied. "Things are easier for me at least sir. What next?"

"Wait. I'll tell you when ze time is gud." Skull said as he turned his chair around to face with Reaper and Crossbones. Speaking of which....






"There was nothing you could have done about it, Steve." Princess Celestia said as she saw Cap finish zipping the body bag. Something... something just pissed him off... maybe a little bit extra when you consider that HYDRA had just broken in Canterlot, killing everypony in sight with no reason, and no explanation. Perhaps... it was done just for that sake only. Just for killings sake. Whatever the cause, HYDRA wasn't about to get away from this.

That's how the Captain felt at least. Slade on the other hand was hardly paying attention as he sat by the ruined staircase, twiddling his thumbs. If anyone here knew the assassin as well as he knew himself, then they'd know that he was contemplating on exactly how to kill these HYDRA... whatever they are so he could finish this contract quickly. However... as the old saying went. Know your enemy as you know yourself and you would not have to fear the outcome of a hundred battles.

"So... Cap..." Slade began. "What exactly are we dealing with?"

"HYDRA." Bucky answered for him. "They were a Nazi organization that formed just before the war started." He stopped for a moment to both shoot Barkhorn and Hartmann a tentative look. Those uniforms... the accent... the weapons... all made him sick to his stomach. "Anyways... they started as an SS research team, but apparently even after the fall of Germany, they're still here and around."

"Yeah... sounds about right." Steve said as took a look at Medic who was busy fiddling with a vaporizer rifle which had also cut Bucky's eye. His distaste was clear as day.

"Relax... he may be crazy and German, but I doubt he's one of your HYDRA... or whatever they're." Slade said reassuringly. "Hell... he wasn't even one of... well... them."

Somewhat reassuring, but still didn't make Bucky feel too much easier as he looked back over to Trude and Erica who were conversing in Karls (German). Arguing apparently.

"What are they talking about?" Steve asked Medic as he paid attention to their conversation.

"Apparently... vell... one of zem must have lost a bet. It zeems as though that ze bet was regarding vhether or not Equestria had existed." Medic grinned. "I take it that Aleksandra must have told her friends about zis..."

"I am surprised people actually believed her." Slade said.

"I am surprised people DIDN'T believe her. Aren't they all witches and stuff?" Steve asked.

"Witches?" Bucky asked with disbelief.

"Yeah... you saw the canine ears right? It's called a familiar... something about help with magic." Steve said as he tried to remember the things Sanya told him. "Eh... fill me in Slade."

"They're also superhuman too." Slade continued. "Enhanced strength, ability to create a shield of magic, imbue their magic with their weapons and also an additional ability. Sanya's was to hear extremely long distances as well as radio waves. I think that one..." He stopped to point at Barkhorn. "That one's is extra enhanced strength."

"How do you know?" Bucky asked.

"Sanya was pretty damn strong for some her size. But she couldn't flip a man over so fast it sent him flying and broke his neck." Slade grinned. "I miss that kid."

"I still don't see why we're working with a bunch of krauts. What... did Germany run out of men to fight their war?"

"They aren't Nazis." Steve continued. "Apparently Adolf never even existed."

"Well... that's good."

"Not really. Instead of Krauts and Japs, you get aliens."

"Well...."

"And apparently, witches, AKA girls with magical powers ranging from 12 to 20 are the only VIABLE methods of dealing with them."

"That's pretty messed up..."

"It is... and lemee guess... even after me telling you four times, you only start believing me now..."

"Yeah... I thought I wasn't the only one that wasn't right in the head..." Bucky sniggered as he took a last look at the pair who had stopped bickering. The uniforms though... it was making him sick. It felt offensive, it looked offensive, and it pissed him off. A World War II veteran who had given his life for freedom... it pissed him off. Sure... they weren't sieg heiling or goose stepping... it didn't matter.

"Celestia... what do we do now?" Steve asked the Princess of the sun as he took a look at the destruction and carnage HYDRA caused for one last time.

"Do whatever is necessary. I am going to be pulling troops back to Canterlot however to defend it better."

"Just saying Princess... I think your warhorses aren't exactly ideal for defending anything..." Slade said as he looked over at the guards. They had discipline... as well as the battle skills of a girl scout troop and the tactical competence of a trained monkey. ALL OF THEM COMBINED that is. Of course, the mercenary said this out loud. And repeated it to the face of the guard commander.

"Then would you like to change that?" Celestia asked Slade with a smile.

"If you insist." The mercenary said with a wider smile. "Get me all of them down to whatever training grounds you have, and I'll give you REAL stallions."

"What's his deal?" Erica asked as she finished her argument with Trude.

"Nothing. Just that the words "royal guard" is about to be same as with "punching bag"." Steve chuckled.

"Well... okay." Erica yawned. "I am tired."

"Maybe you should check out Ponyville... I am certain you can have a place to stay. We have to clean this mess up anyways." Celestia said as she took a look around and sighed before turning to Steve.

"Stop... these... people... no... matter....what..."

"You got it." Captain America replied. "Come on guys... I think we got a couple of peop, I mean ponies who might be happy to see us."

"Oh no.. you are not..."

"I am Slade... I am..." Steve chuckled. He was going to go on.. until a pink blur popped out of nowhere and literally jumped on him.

"OHMYGOSH... YOU ARE BACK! THIS...IS... AWESOME! HEY... YOU TOO!" Pinkie said as she looked at Slade, who was currently confused on how the pink horse had violated quite a few laws of logic. Before he could as much as react... she had jumped on him.

"WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER."

Slade's reaction.