• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,983 Views, 60 Comments

The six headed HYDRA - Malcolm Merlyn



"The elements of Harmony, magical artifacts of untold power. Guardians, of the powers of the gods! And they will be mine. And then... the worlds! HAIL HYDRA!" - Johann Schimdt AKA The Red Skull

  • ...
5
 60
 1,983

Chapter 27

"Too bad I can't do that with a pistol." Captain America commented as he watched Erica fire off enough two rounds from his pistol. The bullets ripped through the target dummies with little effort, despite the fact that the Captain had made sure the same put in would stop high caliber sniper bullets, let alone tiny bullets of a pistol.

"Too bad I can't get shot and live to tell my friends about it." Erica chuckled as she fired another round. "I like this gun. This is what you use in 2014?"

"Yep. I missed my old one... but hey, this one does the job just fine. I mainly use my shield though." Rogers replied as he pulled out the old, red white and blue bulwark against oppression, tyranny and Nazis with lasers. "This shield? It's made of this thing called Vibranium that makes it invincible and..."

BLAM BLAM*

"Jesus Christ Kid!" Steve exclaimed in surprise, feeling as though a battering ram was shoved right into his shield despite the fact that only two tiny broken bullets bounched off.

"Hey... you did say it was invincible..." Erica smirked. "Trudy tells me you can throw the thing at people, and it comes straight back."

"Yeah... it does that." Steve continued. Physics... maybe Tony could explain if he was here. "Oh and by the way..."

"What?"

"NEVER... EVER...SHOOT ME...WITHOUT TELLING ME..." Steve said as he grabbed Erica and placed her a top a table with about as much effort as he needed to lift a finger. "YOU THINK THAT'S A TOY?!"

"So... wait... I can shoot you if I tell you first? Sweet!" Erica snickered despite her current circumstances. You know... most people would get the message when a 6' 4'' guy grabs you by the collar of the neck. Said message would probably be... "Never shoot me again, or you may end up suffering from critical existence failure."

Obviously... Erica found this funny. Allow me to said to say this again. SHE FOUND IT FUNNY. And you know what? Steve did too.

"Okay... but seriously..." Rogers began, trying not to laugh. "Do not shoot me.... EVER. AGAIN."

"Okay... okay... big guy..." Erica giggled at Roger's moment of rage. She sized herself up with him. Even though he was well over a foot over her... Meh... I could probably take him on in a fight... big doesn't mean strong does it now? "So... how are we going to break into a submarine again?"

"Slade's insane idea... not mine... hey... where is Slade anyways?"

"He took the train this morning to go to Canterlot." Erica replied. "Trudy went with him... practically begged to go with him... for whatever reasons... I dunno... he agreed... almost didn't..."

"Whatever." Rogers said as he threw up his hands in apathy. Unless Slade decided to go on some crazed-gunman spree or decide that HYDRA would give him a better paycheck, Rogers couldn't really care less about what the old mercenary wanted to do.

"So... now that's done with... anything else?" Erica asked as she sat upon the pile of rocks that Cap had placed her on. Even then... he was STILL taller than her despite the good boost she had. Perhaps if he was from where she was from... the Neuroi would probably have as much trouble from the normal army as they would from witches... Brass would probably kill themselves just to kiss the ground he walked on... and... he probably would get a ton of women swooning over him. Of course... on the topic of men, Erica didn't really care as of now. The one thing Trudy would probably approve of her, was the fact that she didn't give a bent mark over things like relationships. The same obviously couldn't be said for some people she knew... and the same couldn't be said about what gender... but that was something for another time.

"Hmmm..." Cap said as he put his hand to his chin. "I was going to go on the track again, you're welcome to join me."

"Sure... it's boring here anyways. Medic always won't shut up about wanting my blood... he's not a vampire now is he?"

"No... he wants my blood too... and Slade's... and Bucky's... and probably Trudy's too...." Steve said as he rolled his eyes. "Don't mind him. Just mind what he probably wants to do with the blood..."

"Drink it?"

"No..." Cap said as he did a facepalm. Let's see... he could... make super soldiers? We already got enough crazy doctors running around doing that. Make witches? OH GOD.... MAKE MAGICAL SUPER SOLDIERS?! Yeah.... maybe Thor may need to be called if THAT happened...

_____________________________________________________________________

"Who taught you how to fight?! Your grandmothers?!" Slade asked part rhetorically, part seriously as he sent the royal guard sprawling into his peers, knocking them down like bowling pins as they all landed in one undignified heap upon the ground. "You there! Your supposed to stab with the pointy end!"

Can these overgrown dolls not fight any better? Slade groaned inwardly as he looked at the unconscious heaps around him. If THIS was what he was going to be forced to rely upon against an entire SS division armed with lasers and the power of Odin, something told him that he probably would have about three extra seconds of time to live with these horses covering his back.

"No strategy... no skill... no strength... to say you all fight like newborns would be a compliment!" Slade spat out at the total incompetence of the royal guard. THIS WAS EQUESTRIA'S DEFENSE FORCE?! No wonder they needed someone who could actually fight down here for a change, or they probably would have been turned into dragon food a few months ago... and now, they'll probably end up becoming dog food and glue with the Red Skull showing up.

"This is bad..." Luna sighed, looking over as Slade laid a beat-down upon AN ENTIRE COMPANY. "Please tell me sister, after 1000 years, THIS IS NOT WHAT THE ROYAL GUARD TURNED INTO?!"

Yeah....

Celestia gave no reply, as Luna continued to sigh in frustration. A thousand years ago, the royal guard could probably make mincemeat out of any other force on earth, (with the exceptions of the dragons, Tirek, Discord and Nightmare Moon) but those were all gods in their own right. Faced against any mortal threat, the Equestrian royal guard easily could have wiped them off the face of the planet.

Today? They were ceremonial. And probably a step above completely useless.

"Hard to believe he accomplishes all of his feats without magic, and only with skill. Just pure skill." Twilight commented. "Trudy... don't you use magic?"

"Yes... I use magic..." Trudy replied awkwardly as her thoughts of her sister briefly snapped away as she came back to reality. "It allows me to enhance my strength further."

"Like an earth pony's magic makes them stronger than most other ponies." Celestia commented. "And every witch has her own unique ability?"

"Variations to every ability... but more or less somewhat unique." Trude replied as she saw Slade send the last guard into the wall. "Well... the army here doesn't lack discipline... that's good... I have yet to see any strategy... but I am afraid..."

"They aren't exactly the best fighters in existence." Luna replied. "Mind if I try to make a fool out of this showboat?"

"He'd probably beat you actually... hard to believe isn't it?" Celestia replied. "I do recall him being present at the death of the dragon king, and it'd be wise not to underestimate his abilities. He's far stronger than most members of his race."

"Well... so am I..." Trude commented as she jumped off the edge and into the arena. Quickly, she slipped on her gloves, watching as Slade's solitary eye from his mask narrowed for a moment as she stood facing him.

"You sure about this?"

"Positively."

"Just because you're a woman... do not expect me to hit you any less harder."

"I wouldn't count on it... considering how you met Sanya anyways. I take it you probably will still end up holding back?"

"I've been fighting for longer than you were breathing. If I didn't hold back, this would be terribly one-sided."

Not going to give in to his taunts, Trude merely acknowledged the fact that she was going to be fighting him. With that, she took a deep breath and held her fists up, circling Slade who had his staff down, and was exposing himself to a strike, almost as though that was what he wanted. Perhaps... if she kept a cool head, she could win... she was stronger after all.. now if she could...

TWACK*

"Deep in thought Trudy? Don't let your mind wander." Slade cautioned as the young woman got up, rubbing her head furiously after Slade's blow to her head. Giving a raged snarl, the young woman rushed forward, delivering blows that probably would have went through the lesser man's chest. Imagine her surprise when she found her fist was unable to move forward, caught in midair as Slade's hand warped around her wrist.

With a mighty heave, she found herself thrown against the ground with enough force to knock her daylights out.


______________________________________________________

"Didn't know you were here." Steve said with a smile as he saw Bucky. Completely oblivious to the fact that right next to him, Erica's smile had vanished almost instantly at the very sight of Bucky. She maintained a straight face however, but did her best not to make eye contact with the hundred year old veteran with the bionic arm.

"I was running... and lapping literally every horse I came across... shouldn't they be lapping me?" Bucky chuckled at his own god-awful joke. He looked over at Erica, who averted her eyes from his gaze. The familiar remainder of Chris echoed within his mind as he looked over at Erica.

"She's a runner?"

"No... but she makes .22 rounds turn into grenades." Steve replied.

"I bet Skull would have killed someone to get something like.... that..."

Judging from the look Erica just gave him... you can imagine what awful choice of words he seriously must have used.

"I think I am going to um... go for a run..." Cap said as he slipped away...