• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,982 Views, 60 Comments

The six headed HYDRA - Malcolm Merlyn



"The elements of Harmony, magical artifacts of untold power. Guardians, of the powers of the gods! And they will be mine. And then... the worlds! HAIL HYDRA!" - Johann Schimdt AKA The Red Skull

  • ...
5
 60
 1,982

Chapter 30

"You sure this is a good idea?" Erica asked for the umpteenth time as she placed her Strikers within the confines of the Quinjet along with a manner of other things that were including but limited to high yield explosives, HYDRA uniforms (Courtesy of the fine workmanship of a certain white unicorn, though she did make many comments to how a mixture of awesome and terrible the design was), a flare gun and a flash drive.

"What's wrong with it?" Slade asked as he put his mask on.

"What if they radio for help? We'll be canceled then."

"No we won't. I rigged our plane was electronic countermeasures. They'll disable the radio AND the radar of the suckers who are going to get it." Slade explained as he readied a grappling hook. "Alright then what else?"

"I finished ze project I vas working on." Medic said as he unveiled his new medi-gun. "I still have to field test it."

" Well, look on the bright side, you'll get plenty of chances to do that once we get there." Bucky commented as he readied his gun. "So... I suppose our plan is to sneak in?"

"Trojan horse style." Steve commented as he looked at his shield and then to the pile of guns which Slade had laid out. "You recommend one?"

"For you? Totally redundant." Slade commented. "But let me tell you... the Beretta M9 isn't as good as the Desert Eagle."

"Really now?" Cap asked as he watched Slade place the shiny magnums upon the crate.

"Oh he's right." Bucky commented. "Those things can tear through bullet-proof vests without much issue. But I am more of an Assault Rifle guy then a pistol guy. My two cents is that you use the MP-2. You get the fire-rate of an SMG, and the small size of a pistol."

"Alright... alright..." Steve thought for a moment.

"Why don't you try something larger?" Erica asked as she placed down an unfamiliar weapon with a blue glow. "It seems that HYDRA was nice enough to leave some heavy weapons for us in the their aeroplane. These things look nice... I tested it out myself, and actually left a whole in the ground the size of the plane."

"Then why don't you keep it?"

"Huh? Why? You're a big guy. Besides... I prefer SMGs in these circumstances." Erica grinned as she held up the MP-40 which by this point and time to most, was a relic from another era. Regardless... the spray of 9×19mm Parabellum rounds were more like AA rounds as they hit the ground with enough force to tear apart airplanes, let alone kill people. "Wanna see what happens if I use my magic on THAT thing..."

"Well... I am not touching it." Cap commented stubbornly, watching as Slade examined the weapon.

"It's a damn good gun... why not?" Slade asked. "Hey kid... you find any more of these?"

"Yeah... I'll get them."

"So... something Captain Star Spangles doesn't seem like?" Slade asked. "Fire-rate is pretty good. It's the same firerate as a semi-automatic rifle, and we got the killing power of an RPG."

"Regardless... I am not touching whatever HYDRA makes."

"Oh... right... you gonna give me a speech about your "morals" and how we're supposed to be better than the Fourth Reich?"

"No. You probably wouldn't listen."

"Well... that's one thing you got right. There's no reason not to use a good gun Cap. We don't win wars by playing "nice". You know they ended the second world war? The United States?"

"We made Hitler blow his brains out?"

"No... we dropped two bombs on Japan, killing about 200,000 people. We sure as hell took a page from the fuhrer and as a result, we won without having to force ourselves to lose any more men."

"You never struck me as the type of person who cared about his brothers in arms..." Cap said slowly.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Steve." The mercenary continued as he watched Erica come back with a load of vaporizer rifles. "I may tell you all something familiar. Anything goes south? I am leaving you behind. That may be a lie... that may be what I'll end up doing. Regardless... it's good to meet another soldier... maybe a deluded one who's still a thug for his government... but hey... reminds me of a few people I know."

"Uh huh. Well... I guess it's also nice to meet reality's biggest jerkass." Steve rolled his eyes. "So... don't get yourself killed this time."

"Don't worry. I want to stay alive for payday. Hey... aren't we missing someone?"

"Where's Trudy?" Bucky asked. "I haven't seen her for the entire day."









"Five hundred... Five hundred and one... Five hundred and two..."

"Hey Trudy." Bucky's voice called to her as she watched the young woman do her pull-ups.

"What do you want?" She huffed as she continued hardly paying attention to her.

"Listen... I was thinking maybe you should get some rest."

"Rest? Getting rest? Not a chance." Trudy replied. "In case you haven't realized, I haven't gotten any sleep ever since two weeks ago..."

You know? That night where Bucky almost killed my sister?

"I know why." Bucky said rather redundantly as he sat down looking at the young woman in the Luftwaffe uniform. "Yeah... it's my fault. Okay?"

She was astonished to say the least. Almost as much as she would have if someone had taken a rock, and squeezed water out of it.

"Umm..."

"I nearly killed your sister. I know... I know..." Bucky said flatly. "I am... I am sorry. And you know what else? Ever since we met... I don't think I've ever acted the right way towards you. And that's for reasons... I am not even going to bother to try explaining. It's probably something you never dealt with and something I never knew I'd see myself being."

"Well..." Trudy said slowly. "I... um... I..."









"Okay. We know those two." Steve said as he went to go see Twilight after he Bucky had left. "You know Twilight... there's been some... tension... between them."

"Yeah... I realized. Those two are UNEASY around each other... I mean... they've been living here for weeks. I can tell."

"Yes... and I am here to ask you about it actually. I was wondering... I mean... well... you know you seem to have a good idea of this whole "friendship" thing... I was wondering if you can somehow... um... ease tensions between them."

"Well... how do you want me to do that?" Twilight asked. "I can go to my sister-in-law... Cadence... she can use magic to make two ponies... or in this case... humans fall in love..."

"Nonononononononono.... not fall in love." There are about a million different reasons to why a relationship between them would NEVER work.

"Then... what?"

"Just you know... become friends... something mild."

"Well... okay... tell you what. I'll fix up a minor love potion between them. Not enough to have the two falling in love, but just enough so that they become friends?"

"Alright... alright... sounds good."

"Just the thing Steve... you sure these two absolutely CAN'T STAND one another?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Because the thing is... love potions are used to... how am I going to say this? Either to "fix" relationships or enhance them."

"Yeah... and?"

"You see... in the case that Gertrud and Bucky might not be the "enemies" you perceive them to be... well... you don't want them hopping into bed with one another do you?"

"Of course not... besides... I doubt Bucky would..."









"Maybe... we should just focus on the important thing." Trudy said for the last time. "I just need to get my sister back."

"In that case... I promise you... we'll get Chris back from HYDRA. Okay?"

"Okay...."