• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,982 Views, 60 Comments

The six headed HYDRA - Malcolm Merlyn



"The elements of Harmony, magical artifacts of untold power. Guardians, of the powers of the gods! And they will be mine. And then... the worlds! HAIL HYDRA!" - Johann Schimdt AKA The Red Skull

  • ...
5
 60
 1,982

Prologue: Part 1

Author's Note:

While it may not be TOTALLY necessary for you to read the first fic, I would recommend it due to the fact that some characters will mention previous events.

So to anyone who already has read the first one, ignore the last part and I got to say.... WELCOME BACK ON THE CRAZY TRAIN.

So before anything. I would like to throw out that HYDRA currently is based off it's movie counterpart (mainly) though will have comic and other elements thrown in. (I.e Strucker being Skull's second in command and a few other things that will not be mentioned yet.)

And the characters and their respective owners are as follows:

Steve Rogers, (Captain America, Marvel)
James Barnes (Bucky/Winter Soldier, Marvel)
Slade WIlson (Deathstroke, DC)
Medic (Valve)
Erica Hartmann (Strike Witches)
Gertrud Barkhorn (Strike Witches)

Gathered around a massive machine that formed a huge ring, was hundreds of doctors, scientists and armed men who all gazed upon it intently. Within the room, the massive ring hummed while several men prepared another device in front of the ring. Said device resembled more like a weapon than anything, though perhaps, when one had to tear down walls between separate realities... it could be considered a weapon.

On the balcony, one man watched the process. Behind him, hung draped along the walls was a flag that depicted a red skull with six tentacles coming out of the bottom. The skull gazed upon every man and woman within the room, like how Hades watched with equal attention to every soul in the underworld.

"Gateway is now opening. All personal... standby." The voice on the intercom blared as the "gun" began to fire. The threads of reality began to slowly tear and giveaway as a lone man was shoved up against it. Gingerly, he took a look and turned back to his officer who shot him the death glare. This really wasn't that convincing when the portal looked like Satan's mouth threatening to swallow him whole. A death glare from Schmidt however, was a bit more convincing. Carefully, he stepped in.

The ether door crackled, stirred and aced as thought it was about to explode. Prudently, every man and woman who was downstairs found the closest thing to hide behind. No one really was too keen on going anywhere close to what could be described as a "stable black hole" which that term, applied from a HYDRA scientist of all people, really would not be enough to convince anyone this thing was even remotely "safe".

But as luck for the Skull and for HYDRA would have it, the gateway stabilized and grew calm once more as a long figure walked out. The man who had went in came out just fine. One of the doctors down below turned around to face Schmidt before giving him a nod.

It was time. Everything was in order and preparations was ready. HYDRA would have the power of the gods that they were denied seventy years ago. The portal was soon enlarged, as a literal army would soon be moved through. HYDRA was on the move.

Widow would make sure to use he last sentence in her report as she finished snapping the photos. Silently, she snuck out of the fortress back to the coast where a boat awaited to take her back to the US. The many thousands of voices would echo through her head.

Hail Hydra






[SHIELD headquarters, New York City, Captain America's office.]
"So... ARE YOU SURE you want this guy to work with you?" The image of Tony Stark asked Steve or as he was more well-known as, Captain America for what seemed like the umpteenth time.

"Yes... I want him on my team..." Steve said irritated. His currently non-existing team because most of them ended up defecting towards a certain organization... "Come on, how many times are you going to ask this? I am not going to change my mind."

"I know... I know Cap... but I am just not sure. This guy was sent to kill you just two months ago and now you're okay with him working with you?"

"Yes... because this guy is also my best friend about 70 years ago." Steve said as he sat down. "And I sure as hell want to work with him again. Besides Tony, why do you care? Don't you have better things to do than ask me questions? They already ran the tests and all, he's fine now."

"Well... fine... but if you need anything... just give me a call... if you know how to." Tony smirked as he cut the connection. Steve gave a deep sight. Two years... and he STILL has no clue on how to use his smartphone. Whatever. Right now, he was supposed to meet Bucky and Coulson. After the umpteenth mental checkup, it seemed as though SHIELD was ready to have Barnes as an agent... though anyone who put two and two together from the new guy and the HYDRA assassin probably would have some serious trust issues that involved things like stun batons, guns and any makeshift bludgeoning or stabbing instrument. When we considered said new guy/former HYDRA agent not only has super-human abilities but a cybernetic arm that actually put him on par with things like Stark in his power armor, anyone attempting to attack Bucky usually had their day ruined in ways that involved a trip to the hospital.

But that aside, Bucky now sat within the conference room, his metallic arm was visible for anyone to see... but anyone at the moment was just Cap as he sat in, fully suited up and with his shield, as though dressed for a fight. The same applied to Bucky who was wearing a Type III ballistic vest.

"Door's locked." Steve said as he shut it and bolted before sitting down. Quickly, Bucky closed the shades and tapped the red button on the table. The projector turned on to reveal the faces of Coulson and Fury.

"Greetings Gentlemen." Fury began. "I see that sergeant James Barnes is back on the right side of the war."

"Indeed I am sir." Bucky said as he sat down. "So... what do we do now against those Goose stepping bastards?"

"Well... first off... this isn't 1944..." Fury began. Man... did BOTH of these people live in the past or something? Even today... not either one of them had a clue to how to even as much as change a thermostat. At least... that's what he heard. "So like I was saying, HYDRA is well... um... how do I say this?"

He hesitated for a moment as he stared at Cap, and his "report" about what happened when he was driving a shipment of CONFIDENTIAL.

"What Fury is trying to say is that... well... your report Cap..." Coulson began. "I know that practically no one believed you..."

"Except me." Bucky cut in.

"Right. But the thing is, one of our operatives took these photos at HYDRA's headquarters and...."

The picture of the massive room with the gateway was projected upon the screen as Coulson and Fury's images both shifted to make room. Sure enough, it did look an awful like the one the Teseract had made when Loki made his way to earth. The difference was, it was bigger... MUCH bigger.

"Seems HYDRA must be planning something huge." Steve commented as he took another look. "Where does it go?"

He already knew the answer to this however...

"I think to a little girl's coloring book." Fury said. "Well... that's not all. Remember your "car accident"?"

"That gem? Yes I do remember." Steve said. "What happened to it?"

"First off... we know you got it hidden under your bed Cap... so don't even try." Nick said with a look of disapproval which caused a snigger from Bucky. "But as of now... we need a way to get into... whatever it was you were in. And fast. I don't want to find out the hard way what these HYDRA guys have been planning."

"Understood... but the thing is... how do we work it?"

"We got that part covered. Dontcha worry Cap." Coulson said with a grin.