• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,982 Views, 60 Comments

The six headed HYDRA - Malcolm Merlyn



"The elements of Harmony, magical artifacts of untold power. Guardians, of the powers of the gods! And they will be mine. And then... the worlds! HAIL HYDRA!" - Johann Schimdt AKA The Red Skull

  • ...
5
 60
 1,982

Chapter 29

"They call that a high G maneuver... I think..." Bucky commented as he watched Erica move in the skies upon her striker units. Best described as a jetpack, except for your legs.

"Yeah... too bad she isn't half as fast as the jets that HYDRA and SHIELD have developed."

"Didn't matter if I remember correctly. She brewed up a storm. Literally. Besides, if things go rough, I am certain she'll shoot down everything HYDRA throws at us before they even manage to get out of the hangar."

"I wonder how Erich Hartmann may react to meeting himself... and I wonder how Erica would react to meeting herself."

"I'd think Erich would probably think that was his granddaughter he was meeting." Steve chuckled as Erica came down. "Hey kid... you gonna give Medic your blood now?"

"I said later!" Erica hollered down as she got down to the ground, a few hints of nervousness within her voice. "Besides... why can't he have Trudy's blood?"

"Because Trudy is busy... you're the only one who stays back down here with everyone else." Steve groaned irritably. "Listen, he's been wanting to do this for three days now. Please do not give me another reason to put him on hold again. We only have two days left until..."

"Great! So why not get Trude's blood then?" Erica replied nervously, noting that Steve was inching closer to her on one side, while Medic seemed to be steadily getting closer.

"Cause he's going to need time to process the whole thing and do whatever scientific mumble jumble it is that he does to get the effects done. Come on kid... it has to be today..."

"No... no... please... stay away... I'd rather not... how about..."

"Okay Frau Hartmann. We're going to zis ze easy vay... or ze hard way. You can choose." Medic said as he slowly readied a syringe filled with a sleep inducing drug. At this rate... they were going to have to duct tape her down if he wanted to find a means to counter HYDRA's vaporizer rifle.

"Umm... NO NEEDLES!" Erica screamed as she bolted the moment Medic lunged at her with the needle. Instead, he lost his balance, causing him to get a mouth full of dirt as he tripped and fell. The blond girl running faster than a dachshund chasing a badger as Steve bolted after her. Despite the fact that he never expected her to be too fleet, she gave one hell of a chase as she ducked and weaved, always finding a good place to make sure Steve would lose her long enough so that she wouldn't have to go through the NEEDLES.

"God damn it!" Steve groaned as he considered grabbing Medic's crossbow and planting a tranquilizer in her back. "Come back here!"

"NO WAY! Get that crazy doctor away from me!"

"He's not crazy! I don't think..." Steve shot back, not really sure about Medic's mental state. Not that it mattered, as all he wanted to do was just get the goddamn witch blood for Medic, which truth be told, wasn't really something he wanted to do, but the German doctor had made it clear that it was entirely necessary.

"Stay away!" Erica said again as she found herself cornered against the fence along the track.

"Goddamn it Erica! Do I have to duct tape you to the ground for a fricking shot?! Just stop being a baby and get over here!" Steve practically begged as he inched closer. Why he didn't just knock her out with his shield, he didn't know. Maybe because hitting little girls was beneath him, despite the fact that Erica would be more than capable of doing some damage to him... which was exactly what she did as she tried bolting THROUGH him.

Needless to say, while Steve probably got all the wind knocked out of him. It was a lot worse for Erica as he dragged her to the ground. Pinning his knee against her back, he did his best to hold her down without causing the young girl any pain despite how much she probably deserved it right now.

"Medic... you better draw her blood before I decide I want to do something drastic..." Cap grunted as Erica flailed around on the ground. Pinning both arms to the ground, Cap got to realize how strong a 5' 0'' girl that weighed around 100 pounds could be when you gave them things like magic. Good thing that was stronger. "Okay... listen... STOP STRUGGLING DAMN IT."

"NO NEEDLES... NO NEEDLES!"

"I'll... I swear kid! Okay... fine... I'll give you candy if you take this shot! Just stop... struggling!"

"Candy?" Erica asked, her movements stopping. "Well... why didn't you say so?!"

ARE YOU @#$%ING SERIOUS?! was Cap's general reaction to what Erica just said. ALL OF THIS... NONSENSE... AND SHE AGREES WHEN I OFFER HER CANDY?!

"You know... I'd expect you to be happy from not having to put up with that..." Bucky commented as he saw the look on Steve's face. "Alright Medic... I think you should probably do your thing before she changes her mind."

"Ja."







"Getting better." Slade commented as the spear almost scratched him. The same spear that he had just caught in mid-air. "But still... not up to par."

He flung the weapon back at it's thrower, the member of the royal guard shuddering and gasping in shock as the tip buried itself deep in the wall right next to him. Paying no mind to the fact that the horse was only two steps from pissing himself, Slade turned back to Celestia and Shining Armor, who had just returned from the Crystal Empire one day ago.

"Not great. But not the worst bunch I've had to deal with. I hope that your warhorses get put up to higher standard next time. But... I don't care. It's good for business no matter what."

"Humph... just in here for the money Mr. Wilson?"

"You bet." Slade replied to the white unicorn that wore the decorative armor set. "You wouldn't know how to fight would you?"

"I do... but I am certain if I use my magic, you'd be turned into dust in a few seconds."

"Yeah... right... besides... if you only rely on magic, you're going to be in a world of hurt once you're without it. That's why I never rely on my toys... just myself."

"Mhm. How about I show you what the Captain of the royal guard is capable of once the time comes?"

"I'd love to see. Hopefully you're better than these thugs. I suggest you hire better guards... like me! I could always use the extra money once retirement comes."

"Like you're ever going to retire." Trudy commented. "So... I am ready."

"Ready? Good. Try not to go down in 4 seconds." Slade replied as he tossed away his weapons and helmet, revealing his silver mane. Though they had been together for weeks now, it still surprised Barkhorn to find that Slade was actually eighty years old, and that despite his age, he still fought better than hundreds of men put together.

Slowly, with her fists raised, Trude shuffled forward, fists at the ready. She didn't know why Slade allowed her to do this, maybe as HIS way of saying "sorry" for breaking her ribs on a daily basis, or maybe it was because he just wanted to get punched in the face for once. What was the point of this anyways? It's not like Slade even as much as reacted as much to taking a sock to the jaw, he was always braced well for it. Even as he grunted from every blow that connected with his body and face, Slade hardly as much as showed he was in any amounts of pain. Her last blow would knock him backwards, but he never seemed to lose his footing.

"You see Trudy... preparing yourself for a beatdown is usually the difference between getting knocked flat, or just having to deal with a small hurting." Slade said as he wiped the blood off his face. "By the way kid... remember that fight with that guy? Crossbones as he called himself?"

"He did break my arm..."

"Experts call it a takedown. Beware of those, since they're a great way of crippling an opponent before he has much time to fight."

"You think you can teach me one?"

"I already did several times. You were on the receiving end every time." Slade said as he clapped his hands. "I have to say, you seem to have a high tolerance for pain."

"I've been shot before... it's not like breaking an arm is much of a new experience." Trude replied. "Besides... you've been doing it for the past few days... I think I lost all feeling in my limbs."

"Then take the day off for tomorrow. You're going to need it." Slade replied. "I have a feeling you intend on saving your sister?"

"Yes... I am going to do it myself. She's my sister... and..."

"Don't need to finish kid." Slade replied. "I know how you feel... but understand that Adolf Shitler isn't exactly the winner of the best morals contest. Make a wrong move... and she may get a slit throat."

"Then... what should I do?"

"Be careful. That's all. You can save yourself a lot of grief." Slade replied. "But all that is really important? HYDRA? Just do what you're best at. Save your sister... be the hero... whatever... I don't care. I am only here to kill people."

"May I ask... why?"

"Cause... it's good for business." Slade replied. "You're here to help your sister... Erica... I don't care actually. Medic wants some things for his research, Captain Star-spangle and his pal just want to kill some more krauts... pfft... they just want to heroes."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Being a hero? You get a thankless job. I learned that back in my early days. Besides... no one even truly cares about what you do. The sad thing about life, is that everyone is in it for themselves."

"That's not what Sanya would say if she ever got to see you again." Trude replied as she thought of what Bucky had said earlier when they first met.

"Well.. Aleksandra just happened to deserve living more than I did." Slade replied as he tried his best not to think about Rose. "Besides... I don't want to be a hero. Being a hero is bad for business."

"Is all you care about money?"

"Maybe." Slade replied. "Maybe."