• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,819 Views, 271 Comments

Yonder Wandered Fluttershy - Darkonshadows



Fluttershy is a long way from home; will she survive the harsh and crazy universe while exploring its many wonders? She loves everything after all, now she has to prove that she does and it may just keep her alive.

  • ...
7
 271
 2,819

PreviousChapters Next
84

There was a niggling at the back of Foxglove’s head that something was wrong, but she couldn’t tell what it was. The bat looked around and things sing relatively calm and quiet. Almost like that time she almost ate the psychic Cassandra, a gypsy moth with a predilection of completely accurate fortune telling. Things didn’t turn out so well for a first meeting but at least they became friends in the end… the rear end of a pig. It really muddied the issue when Cassandra made that prediction after meeting Foxglove.

“Well gee; I’m so glad you’re taking this so well Fluttershy.” Stanley let his fears melt away as he drink some soothing tea to restore his energy. “For a second there I thought you would have had a conniption from the revelation.”

Something Stanley said caused Foxglove’s ears to shoot straight up and she turned to the pony to start scrutinizing her overall demeanor. After a moment she gasped as she brought her wings over her mouth in sudden understanding of what was actually going on, Fluttershy hadn’t actually accepted the situation quite yet.

“Stanley, remember what happened after you found me after a bullet had torn a large jagged hole through my left wing? I was so upset that the guy I’m attracted to might not want a cripple like me that I ended up sitting under you bridge eating mosquitoes while crying? You know when you found me and healed my wing?” Foxglove was taking a long roundabout way of getting to a point, she decided to try and focus on what she really needed to say. “Something is wrong with Fluttershy and I think you’re magic made her incapable of feeling anything negative.”

“How can you tell?” Stanley just looked at Fluttershy sitting their comfortably sipping at her tea and eating a cookie or two while rocking the little filly in a calm manner. The filly was noticeably incapable of normal speech, but Fluttershy had understood Soft’s cries for food perfectly and so had Foxglove because the filly could naturally speak bat.

“Well I never told you this, but after you fixed my wing… well I might have caused a few issues for my friends with how loopy I was acting.” She moved over to Stanley by walking across the table while thinking about airing out a grievance she tried to overlook previously. “You should try to curb some of your unbridled happiness a little more Stanley…. it’s actually dangerously contagious. I mean look at her, she can’t feel a single negative thing at all and I’ll even show you what I’m talking about.”

Moving over to the pony, Foxglove bit her in the leg that wasn’t holding the little filly Soft and the pony just sat there staring at Foxglove with no reaction to the pain or even shock that Foxglove had sunk her small fangs into her leg. Pulling her fangs out, Foxglove turned to Stanley and gestured at Fluttershy with a wing. The pony still looked particularly happy and didn’t seem to have registered the pain or having been bitten at all.

“Did you need something Foxglove?” A chipper Fluttershy asked after a moment still feeling pretty good about everything, especially the little filly falling asleep in her hooves.

“Oh, I guess I might have overdone it just a teeny bit.” Stanley always had happy thoughts. He felt sheepish about it, so he put a rather positive spin on the situation. “At least she’s in a lucid state and that’s not a completely bad thing right?”

“Cousin’s Boojiboo has head deep in clouds.” Shush stated exuberantly in agreement as she shoved another delicious cookie into her mouth. She was one to talk because she had her head in the clouds near constantly, with nary a thing that could focus her except sweets and getting a pat on the head for a job well done as an eavesdropping specialist. Her tail waggled at the little bundle of joy with the red hair, it actually finally occurred to her what this new filly meant to her. “Ohana got bigger!”

-

“Okay, don’t all you have better things to do?” Bonnie was getting a bit grumpy that she had all these people waiting around her.

“I’m injured, so I’m staying here out of self preservation that all of these guys will have to save me since they’re heroes.” Shego didn’t think she’d survive on her own at the moment with one of her arms halfway falling off of her body.

“I’m here to protect the magical side of things, a lot of stuff happens in Central Park and I’m just here to make sure none of you hurt anyone or anything that’s under my jurisdiction.” Jake had matured well enough after what happened with the dark dragon, he had no pressing matters this day and was actually up for doing his dragon thing. Besides Central Park was relaxing and if Bonnie’s friend was magical as Fu said she was, then he would have to protect her as long as she was in New York.

“Me, Rufus and Ron are here to watch out for Shego. Hey don’t look so surprised, I exactly don’t hate you and you almost lost an arm today Shego! I kind of even wanted to apologize for the tower thing.” Kim seemed a bit sheepish, but she wanted to make full amends for something she did in the past and Bonnie didn’t seem to care that much about it. “I also want to know what all those WEE soldiers were doing here in New York.”

“Apology accepted princess, I shouldn’t have gotten careless. That flying tub of lard was really tough and throwing WEE gunships into the mix didn’t help any.” Shego was grumpy sounding, most likely because she was trying not to move her shoulder too much. It was currently splinted thanks to the medical kit Bonnie had procured from the CIA guy. “I have no other choice but to accept help from you, no matter how much it hurts my pride to say it.”

“Are you going to explain what that chip does or the WEE soldiers Shego?” Kim could see that Shego wasn’t very forthcoming and didn’t press it at the moment. Even Wade didn’t know what the chip was and the fact that the Worldwide Evil Empire was after meant something big was happening that definitely acquired her attention. She didn’t care how dangerous things were, lasers were effectively more dangerous than bullets and she still got by without getting seriously injured so far.

Bonnie saw Shego blushing faintly as she looked at Kim and connected the two dots together that Shego didn’t want Kim to be put into the direct path of danger. One sided love interest? It wasn’t her business to pry as she turned to the four dragon warriors and their little dragon.

“We’re here to make sure the Shen Gong Wu is taken care of.” Kimiko the only girl in the four warriors group offered up her voice as the spokesperson. “If you can protect it well enough, then we’ll leave you alone.”

“Yes Kimiko is right; any Shen Gong Wu can be very dangerous and is the condiment priority for us aside from fighting the forces of evil.” Omi the little monk of had no idea he was getting strange stares.

“He means it’s our top priority to deal with Shen Gong Wu and since there is a Wu around there will be a lot of people after it. We’ve already seen Tubbimura leaving the area and you told us Jack Spicer was here, so we’ve got our reasons to be here.” Raimundo crossed his arms on the bridges railing and stared at the placid water under the bridge.

“Yes, topping priority!” Omi added in after Raimundo with a smile. “It is exactly as I said.”

“Our little partner here is a few bricks shy of a full wall.” The big guy named Clay stated as an explanation for Omi’s habit of mincing words or phrases.

“Ugh, I’m surrounded by crazy people and it’s just par for the course.” Bonnie just held rubbed at her head with both her hands. “Where’s my sister and that wheel? We can’t be here all day.”

After a moment Bonnie noticed that her glass knife was missing and she immediately turned to Shego with a stern look. Shego raised an eyebrow and held up the knife in her good hand by the blade letting Bonnie take it back by the handle.

“When I finally recover from my injuries, you and I could have so much fun together.” Shego made it sound like a promise to Bonnie, they certainly had a lot in common and it takes an expert thief to know an expert thief. Bonnie had a good reaction time it only took her a few seconds to notice the odd knife was stolen.

“You, I like.” An amused Bonnie asserted after a moment. Shego was pretty darn good if she could get a theft by her, she’d really think about taking up the challenge to her skills.

A loud revving noise caught everyone’s attention; Roller rolled out from under the bridge and called out towards Bonnie. Bonnie got up and followed Roller under the bridge; Fu and Jake were the first ones to start following her.

-

“I know that when I came out of it after that week, I couldn’t look Dale in the face for a while.” All those positive emotions had really messed Foxglove up and now Fluttershy was going through the same experience, only she was much bigger so she had to guess at how long Fluttershy wasn’t going to react appropriately to anything aside from bliss. “Stanley being able to feel nothing but joy is not really a good thing, especially when it impairs your ability to think clearly.”

“Who’s Dale Foxglove? He sounds nice.” Fluttershy said brightly, she knew she shouldn’t feel this cheerful but it was okay with her to not feel bad about anything for a while.

“He’s this really cute and funny chipmunk I know. He’s part of this group called the Rescue Rangers. No case is too big or small for them, if anyone needs help they’ll gladly take on even the most ridiculous situations.” Foxglove at least knew Fluttershy would remember everything; she certainly did after she came out of it. “I think they’re down in Las Vegas currently, something about an old friend named Clarice being in danger?”

“What’s the most ridiculous thing they’ve dealt with, also what’s up with Sweet Cheeks?” Nobody had seen Bonnie enter the room and she was just sitting there at the table while Shush was chasing butterflies in the garden in the background.

“I don’t know whether it’s the tap dancing penguin’s escapade or the crazy puppet wielding alligator. I personally think it’s the one where they were trying to prevent a dam from being destroyed by this crazy fish that drove a reverse submarine onto land.” After a moment Foxglove tried to think of who Sweet Cheeks could be and she gave off a squeak and fell off the table when she saw that Shush was no longer sitting in the seat that was now occupied by someone else. “Um, who are you?”

“I’m Bonnie, so what happened to her and where in the world did she get a child from?” A noticeably upset green alien sat there sipping what was left of tea Shush was having and eating a cookie. The backwash wouldn’t hurt her at all and she turned to take in Fluttershy’s recent change in appearance, slowly a vibrant blush spread throughout her face as the pony looked absolutely beautiful. She would miss the cute fang Fluttershy had sported though; the ears looked better this way anyway and feathered wings were so angelic.

“Can you promise me that you won’t get mad?” Stanley gave off a frightened chuckle; she didn’t look like a happy camper.

-

“Oh that is definitely messed up.” Jake commented from right next to Bonnie having heard Stanley’s tale of how his magic is acting like a drug to Fluttershy.

“Oh my goodness, give a guy a heart attack will you? This is the most guests I’ve had in one day.” Stanley was surprised to see two new guests in his home aside from Bonnie. He quickly bowed to Jake. “Nice to meet you dragon guardian, Stan the sewer troll has told me a lot about you when he comes to visit me. You do a good job of being the protector of New York and it’s so nice to finally meet you.”

“Oh a dragon… I’d be more terrified of you if I could feel that way.” It was all Fluttershy had to say about Jake in his dragon form, where she normally would have been screaming her head off and running away while carrying Soft protectively in one of her wings. She really hoped the side effects ended soon so she could do just that.

“Why?” That was always a loaded question and Jake knew it.

“Dragons on my home planet are usually not very noble, in fact they are all greedy and are generally about five times the size you are now for an adult and can be highly destructive. I’ve had some very bad experiences with them.” Alien magical or not, the information Fluttershy had dropped made Jake do something that she thought was rather amazing. He did a trick where he transformed into a human. “Although I do know one dragon named Spike, he’s a baby sized dragon. He rapidly grew up to a large size because he got too greedy this one time and he caused a lot of property damage to the village I live next to. I haven’t exactly told my friends that I’m absolutely terrified of him every time he’s around me.”

“Is this better?” The human Jake said having transformed back to his birth state, being a hybrid magical creature was awesome at times.

“Thank you, though you really didn’t need to change on my account since I’m currently incapable of freaking out. Feeling any amount of unbridled joy constantly in your presence might have been psychologically scarring.” Fluttershy gave Jake a bright smile and her happy demeanor didn’t sag one bit as she nuzzled Soft the little fruit bat pony.

“Uh Sweet Cheeks, we really can’t stay here for the rest of our lives you know. We got places to go and things to do, like making sure my brother doesn’t perish for instance?” They really had to get to Hawaii and her brother only had about sixty percent of his sphere left, Bonnie was focusing on this fact knowing that Fluttershy was okay now. She turned and looked out the nearby window to see if Shush was listening in and she was busy snuggling those creepy living flowers. “He’s dying and we don’t exactly have time to be sitting around you know, we have to save him.”

“Maybe I can help. Where is your brother right now?” Stanley had recovered enough magic to perform some healing, when an almost halfway gray sphere was sat on the table he was a little confused at first. After studying the sphere for a moment his eyes widened, it had a damaged soul in it and it was getting worse, he quickly flicked his thumb at it and a white glow encompassed the sphere. He quickly explained himself to Bonnie who looked rather testy. “That’s a stasis spell. He won’t die now, but I can’t exactly help him in this state. The stasis spell will prevent him from getting any worse, but you can’t help him get any better either while it’s on him. You have to remove the stasis spell before he can get any better. I’m assuming you have a method for helping him out of this state?”

“Yeah my father can recover my brother as long as the sphere doesn’t turn entirely grey which means he’s completely dead, thanks for doing that by the way. I truly appreciate that my brother has all the time in the world now and so do we.” At least with the urgency of losing any more of her brother removed Bonnie was now at peace with the world. “Now all we have to do is make that trip to Hawaii and my brother is saved.”

“Well that’s good news, Foxglove?” Stanley turned to the bat who had folded up the blanket that had been used for Fluttershy’s little nap and used it as a pillow for the sleeping filly that was set on the table.

“Huh, what is it Stanley?” Foxglove was watching over a snoozing Soft which Fluttershy had set carefully on the table.

“You’ll need to go with them to remove the stasis spell when they get to where they need to be to save him; it’ll only require a little magic and shouldn’t be too difficult for a bat of your talents.” Stanley leaned back chuckling and sipped some of his tea; Foxglove opened her mouth to say something only to be cut off by Stanley. “You’re really talented Foxglove, so please don’t try and sell yourself short to me. You’re heart is where your magic truly comes from and you’ve got one bigger than your own body.”

“What about the Rescue Rangers? I’m kind of watching their tree for them.” Foxglove was a little nervous about making a sudden trip to a place that was really far away, she wasn’t nearly brave enough to start globetrotting around like the Rescue Rangers did. They tended to run headfirst into danger constantly. “Why can’t you go?”

“Don’t you know anybody that can cover for you and tell them what you’re doing? I can’t really be away from nature for too long and traveling is not something I’m relatively good at. Besides that the trolls of the magical realm never lifted my magically induced exile, so I’m ‘technically’ stuck at where they exiled me to.” Stanley waved his arms around the room. “I’m entirely not bound to Central Park, but I can’t really go too far away from it. I would go if I could but getting my exile lifted would take forever and I’m not really that great at politics. So I can’t constantly watch out for the headquarters of the Rescue Rangers for you Foxglove. Maybe every other day I can check in, but you’ll need someone a little less conspicuous then I am.”

“There is someone I know that wouldn’t mind watching out for the Ranger headquarters. She’s a little on the... well, she’s kind of like me with Dale except she has a crush on a different chipmunk. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind doing it for me once I explain it to her that my magic is required to help someone out.” Foxglove started to nervously wring her wings together and her ears fell down, she really did not like this idea. She inhaled and sighed slowly, she’d still do it as she an auxiliary Rescue Ranger.

“Well that’s good and everything, but how much magic do you have left in you?” Fu took in the knowledge that Stanley could heal and decided to help someone out. “Someone outside nearly had her arm chopped off by a helicopter blade, if she were completely human she would have definitely lost it or have it amputated.”

-

“I feel odd… for some reason I can’t be angry at the buffoon.” Shego was looking to Stanley who smiled sheepishly at her. She found out quickly that she couldn’t get angry. “What did you do to me?”

“Well it’s a side effect of healing your shoulder; you can’t feel anything negative for a while. It’ll eventually wear off.” Stanley watched as Shego stood up and walked off without an angry huff. “I’m tapped out on magic for the day, now I’m just going to rest and relax in my home.”

“Come on buffoon, you too Princess. If I have to be like this then you’re going to suffer with me! I need your help anyway pumpkin.” She was loud but with a happy go lucky attitude, Shego hated it but at least her body didn’t feel like hell on earth anymore. She stopped for a moment and handed something to Bonnie and then she made for her motorcycle waiting around the edge of Central Park. “See you around Bonnie, here’s my card. Call me if you’re in the neighborhood and have some free time to play. It might be a good idea for you to steal a cell phone to call me if mount blubber shows up again hunting your friend down, I want round two with him.”

Kim Possible giggled at Shego being incapable of getting angry and started to heavily tease her as they left. Ron got in on the action and even his little buddy Rufus was getting in on the action. Even then Shego took it all with a serene look on her face; then she slugged Ron in the face knocking him down.

“Just because I can’t get angry for a while doesn’t mean I can’t still hurt you, in fact it makes me feel really good right now so I might keep doing it if you annoy me.” After that abrupt change in atmosphere around the one time super villain, she started whistling a jaunty tune to herself as she continued on her way completely ignoring the fact that Kim was still sending jabs her way. It was a noticeable disparity that Kim didn’t seem to annoy Shego at all and she smiled more around her.

Everyone turned to Bonnie who was standing next to Shush who was put on a leash by Cobra to make sure she didn’t wander off. Fluttershy had a lazy smile on her face and she was wearing her Rhizome suit, in her left bag sat a sleeping filly with her head poking out of it.

“So what do the rest of you bozos want?” Bonnie already knew that Clay and Kimiko got some autographs from Kim Possible, she was famous enough even for the dragon monks to be fans of. If they still wanted to test her for her ability to protect the Lunar Locket Fluttershy was still sporting around her neck, then she was ready to show them her stuff. Jake was still here because had to watch out for Fluttershy considering she was being targeting by evil forces.

“Just to see if you can protect that Shen Gong Wu ma’am.” Clay tilted his hat to Bonnie. “Just know I won’t hit a lady.”

“It’s a good thing I’m no lady then huh?” A sarcastic Bonnie smirked.

Author's Note:

Kim, Shego and Ron are off the field for now.

Bonnie really needs to discuss Soft with Fluttershy, like how are they going to take care of another mouth to feed, much less keep the filly safe when Fluttershy causes problems everywhere she goes.

Soft Echo has a problem in the inability to speak any language other than Vampire Fruit Bat. Given how she was born from Fluttershy and the 'fruit vampire pony' curse, it shouldn't come as a surprise that she is more 'Flutter bat' than 'pony'.

PreviousChapters Next