• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,807 Views, 271 Comments

Yonder Wandered Fluttershy - Darkonshadows



Fluttershy is a long way from home; will she survive the harsh and crazy universe while exploring its many wonders? She loves everything after all, now she has to prove that she does and it may just keep her alive.

  • ...
7
 271
 2,807

PreviousChapters Next
77

“I need help! You’re smart, tell me what to do!” Betsy picked up and started shaking the poor pony in a panic. As expected, the one eyed centaur was quite strong.

“You need help alright, calm down and slowly lower the pony to the ground or else I’ll shoot you where it’ll hurt for a while.” Bonnie didn’t care if she went back to jail for shooting an officer, she didn’t like the fact that she was shaking Fluttershy and possibly hurting her. At least the threat and pointing a blaster at her managed to get her to stop shaking her poor friend.

“Didn’t you say you used the last shot on that thing when you put a hole in Zurg’s arm?” Queried Fluttershy innocently, despite the fact that she was roughly being accosted by her friend; she was relatively okay if a little dizzy.

“Darn it Sweet Cheeks, couldn’t you have at least waited until she put you down to call my bluff for her?”Bonnie just placed her right on her hip and just held the blaster limply in her left; she really needed to get a rechargeable pack for it. Sure rechargers had less firepower a lot of the time, but they could be reloaded just about anywhere there’s energy. “If this is how things are going to be before we’ve even left Star Command, I can tell that my headaches aren’t over with at all since I’m going to be with miss walking disaster magnet here. Still though, I do need her so what can I really do?”

“Well, you could have still thrown the gun at her eye, but then that would have just made me upset with you. What do you need help with exactly Betsy?” Turning back to the centaur, Fluttershy waited for a response. She noticed a gathering of LGMs chatting next to the ship altered to look more pony in nature. It still looked somewhat familiar.

“It took almost all of the money we won to pay your bail Jookiba, so try to stay clean for at least for a little while longer please. On that note I gave half of what was left to the LGM and the other half is still mine, Fluttershy personally put all of her winnings to bailing you out you know. So please don’t waste what she did for you, she went through a lot of trouble and I’d be more than willing to use excessive force on you if you abuse her kindness.” Betsy treated Bonnie rather coolly, but then turned to Fluttershy in a more desperate tone. “I still have trip for four to a resort planet and I have no idea who to invite!”

“What about Booster and you’re team?” The centaur’s eye shrunk, she dropped the pony unceremoniously on the floor and galloped off, yelling something about needing a dress. It made Fluttershy immediately think of Rarity since she has made dresses for centaurs before.

“Okay, that was something. Can we go see what the little green boogers did with your ship, because you seem kind of looked shocked when you saw it.” The flat stare from the beautiful quadruped had Bonnie wondering what was wrong with what she said.

“But you’re mostly green too though.” Thinking it was quite an obvious thing to point out; Fluttershy started moving towards the remodeled stolen ship. Hopefully the controls were still intact and they hadn’t taken out anything important to the ship.

“True, but I’m still not a little green booger Sweet Cheeks.” Bonnie just followed after Fluttershy sedately; she wasn’t going to put up much more of a fuss while they were here. Well she wouldn’t do enough to go back to jail while she was in a place where stealing a wallet would get her quickly arrested.

“Um… hello… what exactly did you do to the ship… if it’s not too much of a bother to tell me?” It was something Fluttershy really needed to know if she was going to return the ship in amiable condition.

“Hello friend, we have been helpful in the time you have been busy. We have removed all devices we deemed unnecessary.” The same LGMs speaker that Fluttershy had previously met brought out a list. “We modified the outward appearance, it is mostly a cosmetic difference and the controls you know are still available and we have adjusted things to friendlier to the user. We removed twenty three tracking devices, fourteen inactive explosive devices and seventeen disabling devices found along the hull of the ship. The technology present included a hull bound signal jamming technology, you are lucky that nobody else got a remote signal through to the things on the hull of the ship. We left the ‘Chozo’ made tracking device on the ship should they wish to seek you out.”

“How lucky are we talking here snot rag?” If someone was trying to blow up her favorite pony, then they were going to need help because Bonnie was going to start making cement shoes.

“An explosion powerful enough to possibly destroy half a planet, it would have been pretty big. The numerous assassins that have attempted to attack this vessel have little to no idea how good technology of the ‘Chozo’ is or The Claw as we prefer to call them. We have restored its armor plating and added a few features; it is less easy to compromise now. We have also boosted the shields strength by twenty eight percent and its weapons needed to be altered a bit.” The LGM pointed out one of the LGMS and they came forward.

“We have improved the plasma cannons fire rate; we have altered the missile construction system more towards defensive and disabling measures and also reduced the resources needed to produce missiles. The ship can now be exited from the bottom as we have fixed the lower entrance and the shield extends around the entrances so you are no longer exposed coming out of the ship. The landing gear has been reworked to be positioned more like the legs of yours or other four legged species.” A lot of what the LGM was saying was certainly going over the pony’s head. “Oddly the new landing gear design is much more efficient and the ship can still land with at least three of the legs broken off, since we made them adjustable.”

“One last thing, we noticed a lack of security, we installed commands into a system that will only react to you and those you let have access to your ship. You can deny someone access by simply stating it, we have made sure your supplies were taken care of in the interim of rebuilding your vessel.” At this the LGM speaker took a step back and waved Fluttershy to check the ship out. “It is now ready to go.”

“Wait, are you telling me you installed an AI on?” Artificial intelligences were a tricky thing and Bonnie didn’t trust a ship with control of the ship or the weapons on it.

“AI was already present in the ships systems, it was only inactive. We have made sure it will only fire on command of its pilot, we also made sure it cannot fly into the nearest star or try to kill anyone onboard it. The authorization for anything can only come from you Fluttershy.” The LGMs had definitely pulled out all the stops for Fluttershy. “It is a rather basic AI and we have made perfectly sure that is safe, we also made sure it wasn’t anything like our Experimental Ranger and his character flaws or Forty Two who was born in a Valkyran attack on Team Lightyear.”

“I guess it’s time to say goodbye to all of you and you thank you for fixing the ship up. Can you please call Buzz, Mira, Booster and all the other people who want to say goodbye?” All Fluttershy had to do was ask. All the LGMs smiled at the same time and in the same manner as an answer before they all waddled off in different directions like a bunch of little penguins.

“Okay now that they are gone, who wants you dead so I can send them a gift package?” Bonnie was still not happy to hear about the explosive devices.

“No you’re not going after the people who were likely after the previous owner of this ship Bonnie. I hope she’s okay; I kind of did steal this ship from her and if all that stuff was on it before I stole it. They gave her a spare so they could fix this one as well as they could… I think I should be questioning why they didn’t remove any of those dangerous devices from the ship.” It might have actually been a good thing that the previous owner didn’t have this ship anymore, not that Fluttershy would ever tell the bounty hunter that to her face.

-

“I’m going to miss you Fluttershy.” Booster was hugging Fluttershy goodbye and also holding the only giant cupcake that had his name on it from the tray Fluttershy had been carting around.

“Yeah, we’re really going to… When did this get into my hand and when did I even start eating it?” Mira was looking down at the half eaten cupcake in her hand and began dragging around her tongue in her mouth.

“Hey big guy, you’re choking Fluttershy! You might want to let up on that or I might throw my gun at you to save a life.” It was thanks to Bonnie pointing it out that Booster blushed and released Fluttershy; nobody would book her for saving Fluttershy from asphyxiating. The pony gave her a thankful look as she took big gaping breaths once her ability to breath wasn’t being cut off by a hug.

“I don’t know Mira, but it tastes like justice!” Buzz didn’t mind the cupcake; it tasted generally good to the human like being.

“Okay enough of that, my brother isn’t going to last forever Fluttershy! So hurry it up and finish saying goodbye to everyone already.” Bonnie just waited patiently by the ship with Roller who was still quite tired after the race.

“Ship, please open the bottom entrance.” Fluttershy watched in amazement as a platform lowered from the bottom of the ship, she turned to start giving out more hugs.

-

Fluttershy sat at the controls as the ship rose away from Star Command; she looked to Bonnie and then the star map that would direct her to earth on the fringe of Galactic Alliance space. Taking on a determined look she set a the autopilot to fly to that planets system, she also had the ship set up to warn her of danger and to stay out of the way of being detected.

Walking away from the controls and letting the AI deal with the piloting automatically, Fluttershy sat down on the one bed in the ship and was glad she checked all of her stuff before leaving the space station. She had everything squared away including her free photos of the race she was in recently. She held the Memory Stone in her hooves and considered who to call on, she could connect with any pony that had a horn and was strong enough to keep the connection.

Rarity was apparently strong enough to hold on to a call from her, which meant that the memory stone wasn’t draining magically as it was mentally. Fluttershy had to consider carefully who she would try to call this time, she was getting really worried about Equus even though she knew Wander was looking for it and would eventually find it. All her friends seemed so busy with whatever was going on there, but she still wanted to hear from them.

“Calling your home again, huh?” Bonnie sat with Fluttershy watching as the pony concentrated on the little stone. She didn’t say much else as she watched Fluttershy closed her eyes.

Fluttershy kept her focus trying not to be distracted by Bonnie who was just trying to be nice, after a moment she had managed to get connected to someone.

“How are you Fluttershy? It is nice to hear from you again, still can’t connect to your friends on Equus? I’ll try my best to help you with that; oh and I’ve recently had such a wonderful evening with an old friend. His four arms were still as strong as they ever were, but enough of an old lady being promiscuous. Let’s see what I can do to help you!” After a moment the party line expanded to a third being.

“Huh who the… oh is this… Fluttershy is that you?” Twilight could be heard loud and clear.

“There you go, you have it from here.” Katrina cut her connection to the memory stone.

“Oh thank goodness I reached you! Twilight is everything okay back on Equus?” It had been a big worry of Fluttershy’s that because she wasn’t there something horrible was happening to her friends.

“Well… not really, we’ve met an alien from a planet called Earth. She’s not exactly unfriendly, but she is sad, weird and a bit suicidal which is understandable considering how tough she is. I think even Maud knows more about what she is than we do.” Twilight’s tone matched a certain level of concern that Fluttershy knew was downright bordering on obsession. “I want to know more about her and she’s been especially reclusive ever since she found out she wasn’t on Earth anymore. She spends so much time at the tree of harmony just staring at it; either that or she spends time around your house helping Angel. I’m really beginning to worry about her mental state. We’ve been able to use magic to bridge the language gap, but she isn’t very talkative and keeps mumbling something about a rose.”

“Are you there with her right now? I’m currently heading toward Earth and I have so much to tell you. I found a Star Nomad and he’s going to find Equus for me! If you see an orange hyperactive fuzzy male creature riding a large blue lizard alien being inside a magic bubble, then that would be them.” Fluttershy could hear Twilight giving off a loud cheer of excitement, before she returned to the task at hand.

“Wait, why are you going to Earth? Could it be the same earth that this alien is from? Why didn’t you go with the nomad to come straight home to Equus?” Twilight was now in a state of mind where she’d ask a million questions and Fluttershy cleared her throat loudly enough so that she’d stop.

“I’m doing something for a friend and saving someone’s life, so I actually have something really important to take care of.”Fluttershy was cut off from continuing her thoughts when she heard a scuffling from the end Twilight was on.

“Earth, someone you know is going to Earth! Please tell me, I want to give someone a very important message. How are you even getting capable of talking with someone out there, this planet is as backwater as you can get!” The voice sounded haggard and feminine, it was very sad to hear. “No offense meant, really.”

“Well yes, a friend of ours got lost out in space some time ago because of an accident involving me; we’re talking through my horn. She’s been lost in space for a long time and we’ve been in near constant contact with her for the last few months in a way that using triangulation to get back to us is impossible. Only now has she finally found someone that can get her home, but she didn’t go with them on their way here. Instead she’s going to straight to Earth to save someone’s life. I have no idea of the context of the situation she’s in, but it sounds rather urgent. I would have wished she went with the beings that are coming to find Equus and were bringing her home right now.” Twilight was being comforting to the alien being at the moment and Fluttershy didn’t want to interrupt them. “We said we understood how you feel, it’s because we’re missing someone too like you are. You know that house that you go to every once in a while with that rabbit who is taking care of the other animals… that’s her home.”

“Her ho… oh, well… I can see that I’m not the only one with problems.” The voice sounded to retreat into herself a bit.

“I’m already going to Earth anyway Twilight, if it’s the same Earth then I wouldn’t say no to letting her friends and family know she’s okay. She could always catch a ride home with the Star Nomad while I stay on Earth so he can find his way back to me to drop her off. She just has to be patient though.” It sounded like a good idea to Fluttershy, now she had more reasons to be on Earth then just going to meet the rest of Bonnie’s family. “So who does she want me to deliver a message to?”

“Well its good news for you, since Fluttershy has already found a way to get the both you and her home. It’s not exactly the same way you got here, so it will be a while before the method to get you home arrives here on Equus. The ones Fluttershy just told me about can take you to Earth with them when they go to pick up Fluttershy. Until then Fluttershy wonders who you want to give a message to since she’s already going that way.” Twilight paused for a moment then added. “Um, you do have a way of copying the message she wants you to deliver Fluttershy? She looks rather eager to tell me.”

“Yeah, I’ve got that handled.” Bonnie said holding a data pad she got from one of the LGMs and it wasn’t stolen at all because she had actually asked for it nicely.

“Tell her to go ahead Twilight, Bonnie will write down the message for me in case I forget.” Fluttershy was happy to help out another who was stuck in a similar situation to her.

“Okay go ahead, where is this message going to… you know, you still haven’t told us your name or what you are exactly. I think Maud is the only one that knows your name and has an idea as to what you are.” Twilight was interested to know who the stranger in their midst really was. “The fact that even Discord said he was sorry to you was something the rest of us would hardly get ever get from him after a prank.”

“Well I want a message to be delivered to Beach City on the east coast of America or as it is more commonly known as the Unite States. It’s a little house found under a large somewhat broken statue of a four armed woman embedded into the side of cliff at a beach somewhere along the Delmarva Peninsula. It’s hard to miss really, I swear the humans on that planet are always so good at blocking out the strangest things that happen around them at times.” After a moment the voice became a bit more sullen. “I want her to tell the ones who live there… Don’t worry about me, I’m okay and that I might be bringing home a souvenir from my… would you call this an unexpected vacation? Anyway, they are really important to me. Steven, Amethyst, Garnet and… even Greg and Connie. Tell them that… Pearl…. is going to be coming home eventually, that I love them all and I’m not gone forever. As for What I am, I’m a Crystal Gem.”

“Did you get all that Fluttershy?” Twilight waited while for an answer, Fluttershy heard a noise of confirmation from Bonnie.

“Yes we did, her name sounds nice. I’ll be sure to tell her friends and family that when we find out where to go once we get to Earth. So how did Maud become friends with her?” It was just Fluttershy being curious of how exactly Maud exactly opened up to someone or vice versa considering who she was.

“About that, you know how Maud’s special talent relates to rocks, the ground and other stuff that come from it? Well… your name is Pearl right? Well anyway, Maud’s special talent somehow translates into understanding Pearl, since she is essentially a living magical rock. Hey, don’t look at me like that Pearl, Maud is the one that said that’s basically what you are and she’s not exactly wrong!” After a moment of nervousness Twilight added in a whisper. “I think there’s a lot of awkwardness going on between Maud and Pearl.”

“Is there anything else I need to know?” After asking that Fluttershy heard a sharp inhale from Twilight making her feel something was wrong. “Twilight, is everything okay?”

-

“Yes, but I don’t think you have to worry about it where you are at the moment, good luck out there Fluttershy and call back in when you need to.” Twilight quieted down as her horn faintly snuffed out, she turned to the being who called herself ‘Pearl’ for a moment. She was tall white skinned humanoid with a large pearl embedded in her forehead which was her real body. “Still I have to know, what is it with you and the tree of harmony?”

“You have little idea what that tree represents to me, It’s a kindergarten that never managed to be finished all the way!” Pearl looked around wide eyed. “How did they not consume this world? I have to protect that spot to figure out what went wrong here!”

“You have little idea what that tree represents to me, it’s in an unfinished kindergarten!” Pearl looked around in a wide eyed panic. “Now that I think of it how did they not consume this world when they got here? I’ve been too busy trying to figure out what went wrong or what happened to me!”

“Kindergarten… as in a place where young foals go to learn things and what do you mean by ‘consume our world’?” Shaking her head Twilight tried to think of something to get Pearl’s mind off the tree of harmony. “I’m surprised you haven’t asked much about Equestria, you’ve only seen Ponyville or the Ever Free Forest and you don’t really know that much about us. Would it surprise you to know that there is a place called the Crystal Empire here?”

“What!” Pearl had a completely horrified look on her face.

Pearl finding out what Rarity does for a living would make things that much worse since some of the plentiful gems that Equestria produced might have been unborn Crystal Gems that were in the ground alongside the naturally occurring gems that grew in Equestria. It would have been hard to tell either way.

-

Out somewhere in space a day or two later, Fluttershy sighed and rubbed her head with both hooves. All she had to do now was survive until she could go home, back to her normal and somewhat less dangerous life. They were almost to earth and were passing right by Pluto at the moment, she went back to bed and snuggled up against Bonnie.

Author's Note:

All Crossovers in the order they appear.

My Little Pony (No Duh) > Starfox > Bucky O' Hare > Super Metroid > Kirby's Dreamland > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Technodrome related stuff only) > Wander Over Yonder (Janet Rhizome counts as the first real appearance) > Buzz Lightyear of Star Command > Toejam and Earl (Cameo) > Lilo and Stitch Series > Atomic Betty (small crossover) > Mr. Peabody and Sherman (cameo) > Steven Universe (This chapter and previously hinted at) > ????

The six elements of harmony 'FUSING' their powers together in the context of this story... let that sink in.

Crystal Ponies are hybrids of Earth Ponies and Crystal Gems only with their abilities more geared towards the ponies side of things genetically. You can definitely bet something went awry on Equus a long time ago, by all the lore Fluttershy has been gathering alongside the things she's experienced so far. Not to mention the bombshell I just dropped in the Authors Notes.

Next chapter Fluttershy get's to earth, however it's never as simple as just landing in Hawaii as many of you would have it be. Especially when the world has lot's of magic and technology to really screw things up.

July 13th was my birthday, it was nice...

PreviousChapters Next