• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,801 Views, 271 Comments

Yonder Wandered Fluttershy - Darkonshadows



Fluttershy is a long way from home; will she survive the harsh and crazy universe while exploring its many wonders? She loves everything after all, now she has to prove that she does and it may just keep her alive.

  • ...
7
 271
 2,801

PreviousChapters Next
105

Virgil sat on the right in the back seat of the car, to his left was Soft Echo hugging an annoyed looking Donnabelle, to their left was Fluttershy and in the front seats were MIB agent Cobra Bubbles with Shush Jookiba riding shotgun.

Shush looked happy to see Fluttershy again so soon, it had been about two days and it was nice to see someone she’d happily call Ohana again. She liked the puppy, even if she was a little strange when it came to someone being affectionate with her.

“Thank you again for giving us a ride and also stopping for lunch Mr. Bubbles.” It was rather nice of the rather busy man to pick them up and then went through a drive through at a fast food restaurant that specialized in fried seafood. Soft had been a bit sad she couldn’t get any more lemon wedges than what came with Fluttershy’s iced tea. They were actually making good time in getting to Beach City.

“You were going my way anyway, if what we’ve been hearing is correct Bonnie is in danger down in Beach City. The bounty hunter known as Samus Aran is quite powerful from what little data we managed to get on her; she’s a complete one woman battalion with that armor of hers.” Cobra was told to avoid getting into a direct fight with her and he knew it was good advice given Samus took down an entire battalion of Hench Company people and an armed contingent of Valkyrians as well. Samus had reportedly come away from fighting the both of them at the same time without a scratch. “She’s tough, fast and it was highly recommended that we don’t get into a fight with her. Bonnie has obviously had a run in with her and she didn’t do much against her with stolen Valkyrian weapons. Valkyrian’s might not have the best technology in the Galactic Alliance, but they aren’t slouches when it comes to having effective weapon.”

“Can push red button?” Asked Shush with a hint of distress, she didn’t like the sound of Samus and the fact that she was seen attacking a member of her family.

“We don’t need to get there that fast Shush, I’m sure that Bonnie is okay. We’ll get there when we get there, now eat your food.” Sometimes Cobra had wanted to give into Shush and when he didn’t as always she understood it was better to listen to him about it. He’s had far more experience with things like this.

Even as Shush took to gnawing at a boiled corn cob silently, she still worried about Bonnie. They were already past Philadelphia where road workers were still cleaning up shattered glass from the monster trucks when Fluttershy had unleashed a shockwave on them; otherwise the road was quite clear.

Fluttershy looked to Donnabelle who batted one her fluffy ears out of her face with an angry huff; she frowned slightly at watching the puppy get slightly aggravated at her ears getting in her face.

“Donnabelle, would you like me to tie your ears back for you?” It was something Fluttershy had noticed about both Annabelle and Belladonna; they liked having their ears tied back and Donnabelle would likely like it that way too.

“What would you have to tie my ears back with?” In answer to her question, Donnabelle watched as Fluttershy pulled the hat from Soft’s head and then pulled out a red band of cloth from the lining with her other hoof before putting the hat back on Soft’s smiling head. She felt a bit of excitement welling up at the familiar sight. “Is that her band that she used to tie back her ears with, really? What about her vest?”

“I’m sorry, but that was buried with Belladonna, besides the vest would have been too big for you.” The puppy immediately swapped positions with Soft Echo and looked to Fluttershy expectantly from the corner of her eye left as she showed the back of her head to the pony. Belladonna’s vest had been mostly destroyed in the fight with Red and she had been buried with it, but she hadn’t been buried with what she tied her ears back with.

“Well what are you waiting for? I think I would like to explore how my ears feel held up and out of my face. Also I expect you to get a brush for me soon; you’ve obviously been living like a barbarian for a while. Despite that you somehow manage to maintain such a nice mane. I on the other paw do not rely on breaking physics by having perfect hair at all times.” Donnabelle really wasn’t asking for much here and hoped that her requests would be fulfilled. “By the way, I can’t wait to say ‘so long and thanks for all the fish’ to you big guy! Does the tick ever stop eating fruit or snuggling? I ask because it’s like she has a fruit deficiency whenever she gets a hold of some and the constant affection is starting to chafe a bit.”

“Oh she’s been like that since she was born, she just likes to be cuddly I guess and she’s part fruit vampire so it’s understandable that her diet consists largely of fruit alongside a few regular things.” As she spoke she gathered Donnabelle’s two fluffy ears into the crook of her right hoof as she brought the binding strip up to the base of her ears that she pulled upward to the top of her head. Slowly wrapping the ears into a ponytail, Fluttershy decided to address something else. “Also my hair does not break physics; I just use clouds as a combination comb and brush to keep all the dirt off my body. Pegasus ponies love to rub up against clouds to stay clean; although the last I heard there were laws about using a cloud to go to the bathroom as it can be quite unsanitary to the ponies possibly living below those clouds.”

“I’ll probably bring that up with mother the next time I see her, if I in fact ever do, then again I doubt spirits can actually pollute the physical world with their bodily wastes.” Donnabelle felt a final tug on her ears and Fluttershy sat back smiling at her. “So how does it look and do you live in the sky? I prefer a place with plumbing thank you, I’m house trained and happen to be a civilized hybrid somewhat reincarnation of someone you saw die.”

“Can you not remind me of that? It’s really sad. Anyway, I live on the ground back on my home planet in a cottage and yes, it has plumbing.” Looking the puppy over, Fluttershy had to smile. Her ponytail had a wildly fanned out, half of which was upwards and forward like Annabelle’s ears and the other downwards and back like Belladonna. It was rather adorable and it made for a fitting image of a mix from the pups supposed progenitors.

Soft Echo cheered a compliment in various squeaks as she nuzzled her puppy, she like the puppy’s ears like this as it reminded her of the older doggy who gave her a really fun piggyback ride before she went to sleep forever.

“Well there is one thing I would like to address before dropping the subject entirely, how ever did you escape your confinement?” Virgil wanted to know since he didn’t know what Fluttershy could do aside from being quiet and stealthy, he had heard that she had been chained down and had no feasible way of escaping in a normal manner.

“Well all ponies like me can control the weather; which involves things like creating lightning, clouds, gentle breezes or even thunder. I just took things to the logical extreme and if I could create a cool breeze by flapping my wings, then I can possible drop the temperature of the air around me.” It was a smart thing that Fluttershy did, but she felt disgusted with herself even if it did work.

“So you lowered the temperature of the metal holding you down to the point so that it broke from becoming brittle?” At least Virgil got the gist of what Fluttershy had done, just not exactly how she did it.

“Oh no, I couldn’t get the room temperature low enough for that. I did however internalize the cold in my mouth after remembering some weather based science lessons on liquid nitrogen, something that we produce in the weather factories back home to add to the clouds so that it will snow.” If one were to ask Fluttershy, she would obviously tell them she preferred living on the ground and hardly had any work during the winter months. She did like to read though and she was always interested in medical knowledge such as what temperatures a pony like her could survive at without permanent injury. “I had to spit on the metal; it wasn’t hard to get free after that. Though it did leave my mouth a bit dry and my body temperature dropped by quite a bit, not to mention it was not exactly the safest thing for me to do to begin with.”


“We’re almost there, we’re going to stop outside the city so I can explore the damage I see right now.” Cobra Bubbles abrupt voice brought their attention to the oncoming outskirts of Beach City.

-

The car came to a stop at the scene of various amounts of damage. Some of it ballistic weapons related, other bits of damage from energy weaponry beyond what humans can create and the last bit was obviously recognizable as Bonnie’s work which meant she was still alive. There was also an area where everything within fifty feet was completely destroyed by what looked like a very powerful bomb.

The massive mountain of a man that Cobra Bubbles happened to be made him intimidating when he frowned and he had already investigating the scene they stopped at with everyone following him around.

“You do realize you can go ahead and see if Bonnie is still in Beach City, you do know where she was staying at before you ended up time traveling? Look there if you will, I’m going to be busy with my investigation here. If you need me have Virgil call on this phone. It only has one number and that would be mine.” Cobra passed off an emergency cell phone to the humanoid chicken man who stuck it in his robe before nodding to the MIB agent. “At least your situation explains the excessive need for chocolate milk all throughout the east coast last Tuesday night; all MIB agents had to have their heads scanned for deadly parasites because of that.”

-

Walking into town and holding her daughters wing so she didn’t run off, Fluttershy noted the people were going about their business despite the obvious signs of some damage being done to some of the building due in part to some kind of wild fight.

Once again it was a little weird that the people of Beach City were ignoring the oddity that was Fluttershy’s group, especially since she was with two new beings. People here were really laid back and seemingly unflappable from her the perspective. The pony eventually found herself outside the Maheswaran’s residence just a bit after lunch time. She remembered which building it was because she flew up to the balcony to sniff out if it was the one Bonnie had been on.

Knocking on the front door Fluttershy waited patiently and when the door opened there was a moment of shock for the being standing on the other side before she tackled Fluttershy with a big hug.

“Fluttershy, you made it back! Dad said you visited him in Hawaii and I have to go through another crazy lecture of his because of you, but I’m just happy that you’re alright! So what happened?” Bonnie had been quite worried about where Fluttershy had ended up, apparently Hawaii was one of the locations and she was angry with herself that she didn’t dive over the side of the cliff after Fluttershy. Then again it was hard to fight her survival instinct, especially since she didn’t have beautifully crafted angelic wings like her wonderfully attractive friend did. Why were hooves definitely a thing for her? “Can we use that portal to get there the same way you did?”

“In order, I got involved in time travel, cross country portal jumps and demons, I saw some horrific things. A lot of people died because of something I did and it was all an accident so I should be mentally fine with it, at least I will be if I keep telling myself that.” The loss of life made Fluttershy shudder despite the outcome of Donnabelle being a slightly upbeat part of it all, all those poor humans in that insane asylum were all slaughtered before her friends had even arrived to the place. “The portal only works on Wednesdays and no, that would be a horrible idea and I don’t want to repeat my mistake. I almost destroyed the world by accident, so you can imagine that I’m feeling a bit reluctant about going through that portal again.”

“Ouch, that sounds really bad and I’ll get the full story later. It’s definitely out as a method for getting not only me, but also Head Hunter to Hawaii. Anyway come inside quickly and bring your two new tagalongs with you. That Samus chick is on the prowl in civvies, but that doesn’t mean she is any less dangerous for it. I don’t want to be outside or in the open longer than necessary with her around.” Looking around warily she motioned for them to come indoors where they saw Roller sleeping on the floor in front of the television in the living room. “Connie is letting us crash at you’re place until either we found out what happened to you or if you returned from wherever you went, long enough for us to decide how to proceed. No worries Sweet Cheeks, I’m still keeping my promise. Hello there I’m bonnie, so who are you guys?”

“The names Donnabelle, I can already tell you’re trouble. If you do something I don’t like, I’ll let you know by giving you a violent enema once I can figure out how to use my angelic and demonic powers.” Sitting on her haunches, Donnabelle crossed her forelegs and warily eyed Bonnie. She continued to hold her suspicion even when Soft Echo quietly nuzzled Bonnie then went to snuggle into the couch to take a nap. After moment she whimpered slightly. “Where’s the bathroom, it was kind of a long ride getting here.”

Donnabelle got accurate directions from Bonnie to the bathroom in the house and the puppy quickly ran off to release her bladder in a controlled manner into a toilet. She was a dog of sophistication and she would never drink from a toilet, she would also not lick Soft Echo’s face with a dirty tongue.

“I am Virgil and the last existing Lemurian on this planet Ms. Jookiba, I am also Chozo descendant and have personally seen many events in Earth’s history.” With the way the alien being reacted to him, one would think Virgil was made entirely out of lava by the way she had jumped. He knew she was an alien so he was open with the origin of the Lemurian’s as beings of intellect that were related to the Chozo that visited Earth long ago.

“Where in the hell did you find this guy!?” A Chozo descendant was almost as good as meeting a Chozo personally and it was making Bonnie freak out. “I could have used someone like him yesterday when Samus was hounding my butt. So in the interest of getting to know you, just how old are you?”

“I’m quite a few thousand years old at the very least, my aging process stopped somewhere before the fall of Atlantis. An incident I wished had never come to pass and of which I am partly responsible for. I’ve since stopped counting the years exactly and have recently decided to live in the moment.” Mostly because Virgil was friends with Fluttershy and things seemed much brighter around the pony despite the whole demon incident, he hadn’t been on a grand adventure in a while. Fluttershy was quite a poor little sweetheart that somehow attracted trouble. Thanks to her, he felt it was okay for him to make friends again and he would make sure that little Soft Echo didn’t befall the same fate Max had.

“Well come on in and let me tell you how yesterday went for me after you disappeared Fluttershy. So it all started when these lizard women charge up towards us at the lighthouse and I took out the first one with a swift jab to the chest with your knife after moving Connie out of the way.” Bonnie started off as she closed the door to the house.

-

After Fluttershy had given Bonnie her story they had full knowledge of what had happened and it seemed that for whatever reason time travel was now considered synonymous with demons. Not that Donnabelle was a bad half demon puppy; it’s just that time travel tended to lead to demons attacking people.

They had seen three examples and Virgil didn’t bother with correcting them in this thought, but he did say that it was quite an intriguing bit of history from three different races dealing with time travel and monsters popping up. He did bring up the technicality that Tirek didn’t sound like he was truly demonic, only just really powerful and sealed way in the underworld of Fluttershy’s planet.

“Well now that we’ve talked about how our Wednesdays went, I want to set up a meeting to talk with this Samus.” Of course Fluttershy’s suggestion wasn’t taken well by Bonnie or the recently awakened Roller.

“Whoa no way, she’s dangerous Fluttershy and you kind of did steal her ship. She doesn’t seem very talkative and she went at me with her gun blazing.” There was no way that Bonnie wanted the Samus to start aiming for Fluttershy and Roller was right there with her revving in disagreement to the idea. “She’s also kind of nigh unstoppable.”

“It doesn’t matter, I’m actually guilty of stealing from her and I should at the very least talk to her about it in a peaceful manner…. where’s Foxglove?” Fluttershy had finally noticed that the friendly little bat was missing.

“Foxglove, she’s having a magical time over at the gem temple, so long as she stays safe we don’t have much to worry about. How would you propose we even set up this little meeting between you and Samus, without her blasting our faces off that is?” Yeah, Bonnie didn’t like Samus very much at the moment.

“I might be of some assistance in this case; if you can point out this woman to me personally I can see to it that she will cease all volatile actions against you. I will attempt to act as a mediator so that Fluttershy may have her talk with this Samus.” Virgil stopped to adjust his spectacles a bit before continuing. “If she is truly related to the Chozo as you say, she will likely be willing to listen to reason.”

“Yeah, tell that to all the missiles she’s packing. It took forever for her to run out of them.” Sighing as she knew what was going to happen if she continued to argue, Bonnie turned to Fluttershy with a slight look of resigned sadness. “If you think things will be okay, then go ahead, but know that I protest this course of action.”

“I’m sure she’s actually really friendly once you get to know her. Well, friendlier than Herja is at least.” It was easy for Fluttershy to say that she was rather optimistic about meeting Samus, she would most likely throw herself at the bounty hunters mercy and explain the situation in its entirety. “First, we really need to print out some pamphlets. I’m tired of explaining who and what I am to everyone I meet. We’ll need about ten copies.”

“So what’s going on?” Donnabelle was filled in on the situation. “Yeah, that sounds pretty dangerous… let’s do it!”

Then Connie had to walk into the room asking pretty much the same question they had just finished filling Donnabelle on, making both Fluttershy and Bonnie sigh.

“Why don’t we just call the Galactic Guardians while we’re at it to make sure things don’t go out of control.” If only Bonnie didn’t notice that Fluttershy was taking her suggestion seriously. “Fine, I’ll get on it. Though you do realize Atomic Betty is going to be mad at us when she finds out we bluffed her and that we’re on her home planet of all things.”

-

“Hello feeble beings of my new planet!” Hater started off and the ponies looked particularly bored with him. “Why are they not reacting to me with fear Peepers, don’t they know I’m invading them!”

“Yeah, good luck with that you big skeletal ape feller.” Applejack said in a bored manner. “You’d have to at least defeat Discord to make us worry. Then there’s princesses Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight and possibly even Queen Chrysalis. We’re Chrysalis’s food source you see, so she’d definitely be upset at you hurting us and stopping ponies from being able to feel love is kind of a big berserk button to her. Besides I don’t think you’d even survive Pinkie and Pearl looks like she’s already readying up to defend us even when she should rightly know that we can take care of ourselves.”

Pearl was busy building an army of the same kind of clones she used for training, which could also be used to fight. Despite their quite limited motions compared to the real Pearl, set to the highest level they were still quite dangerous and Pearl could create at least twenty to thirty of them at a given time.

A second ship dropped out of the sky and Hater turned to it with his hands on his hips and wondered who could be bothering him in the middle of a conquest. Three barrel shaped robots popped out of the small cargo vessel and they took some scans of the area and saw Haters forces, they hadn’t missed watching the Galactic Conjunction race.

Hater was in for a world of hurt, it just depended on who got to him first. It was around this moment that Discord appeared with a rather manic grin on his face, oh yes he didn’t like that Hater had fired at Fluttershy back then either and Hater was within the planet’s atmosphere which meant the guy was well within the range of his influence. Wander wasn’t a needed factor this time and would sleep through it all.

Author's Note:

Well Fluttershy does have an 'in' with Virgil, let's see if Samus will calm down a bit. After the killer parasite scare and being chased out of the Federation sector, she's a little high strung.

I will see if this chapter needs editing later, right now it's practically finished.

Also note that I'm not really a fan of Equestria Girls, but I still read fan fiction related to it if it's actually good. In fact I think the fan fiction's I've read is better than those movies at times.

Today's episode, Coco Pommel has a project and Rarity is bringing in Applejack to help with it. Hopefully this will actually be Applejack focused.

Edit: Yep, this chapter needed editing.

PreviousChapters Next