• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,807 Views, 271 Comments

Yonder Wandered Fluttershy - Darkonshadows



Fluttershy is a long way from home; will she survive the harsh and crazy universe while exploring its many wonders? She loves everything after all, now she has to prove that she does and it may just keep her alive.

  • ...
7
 271
 2,807

PreviousChapters Next
96

“I’m on a planet called Earth, Katrina.” Waiting for a response Fluttershy felt like she was going through another long pause before the ancient cat lady of magical humanoid cats would answer. “Katrina, are you still there?”

“Did you say Earth, as in where humans come from?” There was a certainly lilt of insanity in Katrina’s voice. “Okay now that’s even worse, our race has a friend on Earth who has helped us out once or twice, he too has a memory stone and he lives in place called San Francisco. He has a portal connecting to a ship in the Aniverse Systems. Thanks to you we now know that he’s not coming from an alternate dimension but the same one we live in. This is actually both good and bad news; the good news is if you can reach San Francisco quickly I can send an Aldebaran to meet up with you and she will help you out with your problem. She can track you down through the memory stones now in your possession.”

“What’s the bad news, what will happen if I can’t find get there in time?” Sure Fluttershy would kick herself for this later, but she still wanted to know what was at stake.

“I was afraid you would ask that. How soon do you think you can make it there? Just know that the consequences are quite dire if we don’t fix this immediately.” Katrina could be heard shifting around; she was dodging the issue of what exactly would happen if the problem wasn’t solved. “Also never time travel backwards in time again, at least not until you’ve managed to fix the problem first. There are dire consequences involved and that’s all you need to know. Time travel is so rare to us that this problem doesn’t come up very often and when it does, it causes huge disasters. Why the last time something like this happened… well you already know what happened to all of our males and the story of the massive demon, but what you don’t know is that one of the causes of that happening was time travel.”

“If you don’t mind me asking Virgil, how long would it take us to get to a place called San Francisco?” He was Fluttershy’s only chance for getting there safely as he has said that the many pathways that the hat opened could be deadly at times. She had asked the question with a sense of urgency as she didn’t want to doom the Earth to a giant demon attack or some equally horrifically devastating disaster.

“I believe it would only take two portals my dear lady, approximately thirty minutes if we’re not side tracked for too long.” Looking over a scroll he pulled from his robes, Virgil wasn’t about to ask why she needed to go to San Francisco. All he needed to know was that she did and that it was important. He wasn’t about to lead the pony around unless she asked to be led. Since there was no prophecy surrounding the hat, it had been just uselessly drifting around the world constantly. It might even actually be good for Virgil to get off his duff and do some good to make up for his failures instead of sitting around waiting to die.

“We can be in San Francisco in about thirty minutes to an hour or two with complications.” Fluttershy was aware how often complications happened in her universal travels, so she decided to add that to her suggested time of arrival.

-

“Good that will be plenty of time for me to convince an Aldebaran to go on a mission of dangerous importance. I will also need a little time to call captain Bucky and to ask Willy Duwitt for the use of his portal. With luck, the Righteous Indignation is near Aldebaran at the moment, I’m sure I can get someone to you in time. Now if you’ll excuse me Fluttershy.” Katrina started concentrating and calling upon the third stone she felt off in that direction that wasn’t close together. The white furred woman mad a connection and called out for the human. “Willy Duwitt the people of Aldebaran need you, we are also of need for Bucky O’ Hare to come to Aldebaran as it is rather urgent and Jenny will be trying to convince him to come as well. Your planet is in grave danger and I fear it is our fault that this has come to pass.”

“What, Queen Katrina?” A blond a teenaged kid said from the connection on his own memory stone. “I’ll go right away, but I want to know why my planet is in danger.”

“You’ll learn more when you arrive, just hurry Willy. I assure you this matter is dire.” Now Katrina had to choose an Aldebaran to send to San Francisco to meet up with Fluttershy, who in the world did she have available that wasn’t involved in a matter of great importance to Aldebaran at the moment? After a moment Katrina smacked her face with a clawed hand, her granddaughter Felicia. She could only hope that her granddaughter didn’t mess this up. She called up her mentor Jenny to ask for permission to do this. “Jenny, a matter of great importance has come up and it will involve Felicia, our magic and time travel might be involved.”

Jenny wasn’t a happy camper as she knew what the words ‘time travel’ meant and it was something Aldebaran’s swore off looking into, except for in the direst of circumstances. History just shouldn’t be messed with; it tends to cause major calamities.

-

Virgil was a little wary to begin traveling again, but he didn’t die the moment he left Stonehenge and felt that it was a good sign that he had truly met his prophesized fate. He, Fluttershy and Soft had said their goodbyes to the werewolves of Dunneglen who were vacationing in the London area and went south. Poor little Soft Echo wanted a doggie to come with them, but it wasn’t going to happen even if the werewolves did like her.

They were walking straight south from Stonehenge when Virgil pulled out his scroll and looked it over for a bit. He turned to the left slightly and pointed at the air before him.

“Right there, just get the cap close enough to that general area. Then we’ll need to find the next portal and we’ll be in San Francisco. This portal causes no time shift, however we will shift time zones. So be prepared for it to slowly become night again.” Virgil calculated that it was currently around four A.M. where they were, that meant that it would be eleven P.M. On the east coast of America and where they would be going is currently is six P.M. in the afternoon.

Approaching the spot with Soft on her back, a portal formed like it did the last time with the hat firing arcs of strange energy to create a swirling portal. Virgil jumped through first, Fluttershy and Soft followed with the portal quickly closing up after them.

-

Coming out of the portal, Fluttershy landed on her hooves and she helped Virgil off of his back from the ground. They were on a strange dirt trail surrounded by wilderness and it was still light out and currently in the evening.

“Where are we?” It was nice looking and quite picturesque for a location, at least Fluttershy really liked it.

“We are currently on the Ali’i Trail which is in Hawaii, this place is home of the Night Marchers. They are beings who have the ability to switch between the sides of the magical or mundane world at will.” Virgil was busy adjusting his spectacles and didn’t notice the highly disturbed twitch in Fluttershy’s right eye.

“Hawaii… we’re in Hawaii…” Fluttershy’s eyes kept twitching as she tried to come to terms with this fact, were she a lesser pony she would have been incredible angry at this point. Instead she slowly inhaled, then exhaled and decided to just keep going along with everything.

“Why yes, we are. This way to the portal that will get us to San Francisco then.” Rolling up his scroll with scribbles which the two ponies couldn’t possibly understand; Virgil started leading them down the trail.

A shrill high pitched scream of someone dying sounded out, it sent Fluttershy straight up to the lowest branch in the nearest tree where she hung upside down by her hind legs holding onto Soft Echo with her front two legs. Soft actually enjoyed the experience of being upside down, but she didn’t like that frightening scream very much. Virgil clucked like a chicken and dove into the nearest bush.

What walked out was a blue being with a pitchfork shaped head and a tail like that of a lions, she was giggling vibrantly at them. It didn’t take long for Fluttershy to figure out that this was one of Bonnie’s many sisters and she had quite the large bite radius on her. She slowly came down from the tree flapping her wings; once she was on the ground she turned to address the creature which made the hauntingly scary shrieking noise again. Soft whimpered slightly in pain while covering her ears, it was only then that Fluttershy used ‘The Stare’ causing the blue creature to stiffen in fright. While Fluttershy wasn’t about to use her stare as much around anything magical anymore, anything else was free game.

“Please don’t do that again. The first time I can understand since it seems to be a joke you like to play on others, but the second time was both rude and mean. It hurt my daughter’s ears, now apologize to her.” The creature immediately looked apologetic as Fluttershy sat Soft before her. She moved forward and shook Soft’s hoof while patting her gently on the neck and looked to Fluttershy. “You can’t talk can you? Bonnie said that some of you couldn’t communicate verbally, is it because of your abilities?”

The creature shook her head to the first and then nodded at the second, she recognized the name of ‘one four nine’ and smiled. Fluttershy definitely smelled like a friend of the Jookiba Ohana.

Virgil came out of the bushes looking on in curiosity at a creature he has never seen before; it was obvious to him that it couldn’t have possibly occurred naturally in nature so it had to be created.

“We must be on our way then, if your situation is as urgent as it sounds to be.” As Virgil led them away they came across more strange creatures. He hasn’t traveled in a few years, but he didn’t remember all the cuddly looking crazy creatures around Hawaii before or the strange blue one that was still following them.

They had garnered quite a bit of attention for being strangers from the multiple different odd looking creatures. As they came upon the house Virgil was leading them up to, the blue creature quickly ran past them and started knocking on the door.

“Hello, oh it’s you Belle! I was beginning to get worried that you wouldn’t make it home for… Jumba we have visitors and they are obviously here for you! Come on in, would you like something to eat or drink? We were about to sit down for dinner.” The raven haired woman picked up the blue creature and gave her a hug causing her to giggle happily. “You were haunting the trail again weren’t you, who’s my favorite little alarm clock? You are and you need to find a better hobby than haunting the trail, someone might hurt you if you keep that up.”

“Whoa cool, hey Stitch come at look at this. They look like the brain snatchers from Quadropon and a giant chicken.” And that was how Lilo introduced herself to Fluttershy upon them entering the living room.

“Young lady, I’m a fowl.” With his ability to cluck Virgil had to wonder sometimes whether or not he was a giant chicken. He decided to grumble out a bit more. “I am not a chicken.”

“It is intriguing though, a descendant species from the Chozo and one four nine’s friend, along with a little surprise. Is nice to finally be meeting you in person Fluttershy, I am Jumba.” The guy was quite huge in person and he gave off a friendly smile that reached his four eyes. “Now where is one four nine?”

“I kind of fell into a vortex and time traveled a bit, she’s still on the east coast.” Despite not having a reason to, Fluttershy still felt sheepish about meeting Jumba in person. She turned to the woman. “Also I’m not hungry or thirsty since we’ve recently had a meal, but can you get some fruit for my daughter? She’s rather insatiable.”

“Yeah, time travel is not as fun as it sounds, I would know.” After Lilo spoke up, Stitch and Angel crawled out from wherever they were and they both took to smelling the air around Fluttershy.

Soft Echo trotted up to Lilo for an ear rub from the girl. She made cute mewling sounds as she found another hand to rub her behind the ears.

“Is Ohana, Bonnie chosen a Boojiboo?” Stitch gave a small cackle before getting smacked in the face by Angel, after that he just snuggled up with her. They weren’t made for each other, but they were going to darn well try to be. Stitch had just won a bet about Bonnie’s orientation and the species being four legged.

“The reason we are here is that lady Fluttershy here needs to get to San Francisco in a timely manner and you have a portal located approximately two feet from the roof of this domicile that will take us right there instantaneously with the exception of changing time zones.” After Virgil told them the reason why they were here Jumba took on a look of understanding. He realized that Jumba had mentioned something he found odd. “Wait, how did you know I was descended from the Chozo?”

“Ah, this is explaining strange energy signature beyond even my understanding above roof. Is reason why we don’t build bigger house, would personally like to see this portal in action. I might even find useful data if portals aren’t divinity based in origin.” Of the many things Jumba had seen, divine power was one of them and he had his suspicions about the area around the roof after many scans on all kinds of frequencies when looking into the strange spatial distortions. “I am knowing that you are of descending from ‘The Claw’ because I did a study into their genetics, their ability to commune with life is incredible and reason why I am a genetic scientist in first place. To clarify for little girl, I became evil genius much later. If I am being right, you are a Lemurian, chicken based features are a sure sign of that.”

“Well that answers my question, Bonnie said not to talk about the Chozo unless I was with someone I could trust.” This home was quaint and well built; it looked to have been made by many hands, six hundred of them at least.

“She is being smart to be telling you that, many would capture you for any information on ancient architects and even if that information was useless they’d still go to no ends.” Jumba, Stitch and Angel all looked to the orange being with a large head sitting on the couch with a large arrow pointing towards his face. “Thirty two is being rather quiet. Haven’t lied much this week, at least nothing important is happening.”

The orange being’s arrow lit up and he let out a ridiculously loud gurgling noise.

“Oh, I’m Lilo, that’s Fibber, Stitch and Angel.” It was about time Lilo introduced herself and some of her family to these beings.

“What’s Fibber’s special talent?” After seeing the strangely silent orange being on the couch react to something, Fluttershy became curious as to what caused him to gurgle like that.

“Is being designed as perfect lie detector, no matter the language or species he can always tell if anyone is lying. Go on, be testing him.” Jumba leaned in closely to Fluttershy to whisper in a conspiratorial manner. “Also to be distracting from fact that one five zero is death knelled, would not want to upset family. Six two four has been quite anxious hearing about this, is making her slightly more aggressive knowing family member is in trouble and is having trouble not telling chosen life partner.”

“Hello my name is Fluttershy.” The orange being gargled slightly, much to Fluttershy’s consternation until she remembered something. “My full name is Flutter Felicity Shy, but my friends call me Fluttershy and it’s what I’ve been called since I was small. I also think you’re positively adorable.”

This time Fibber stayed quiet and looked to Fluttershy with a smile, there wasn’t a lie to be found with what she just said.

“Hah, be very wary of what you are saying within his earshot, lest you be misunderstood even using white lies. Otherwise he is not so dangerous.” This time Jumba got a gargle and he gave Fibber a look. “You are not being so dangerous.”

Again fibber gargled and quite loudly making Jumba blink in surprise, he wasn’t the only one surprised by this as his own family and Lilo were staring at him.

“Now I am to be saying a statement, you have not gained any extra powers aside from being a detector of lies.” A gargle and Jumba just proved the least dangerous of his experiments could gain dangerous traits; he was still trying to figure out how experiment number two double dipped reality and just how dangerous that could be.

“I have a question, what happens if you say something paradoxical?” Nobody in the room said anything and just stared at Fluttershy, the woman from before walked into the room and held out a fresh piece of fruit to Soft who took it and bit into it with her fangs. No one said anything about it being odd, they have seen too much already to make a fuss about a fruit vampire.

“Is never trying before, never found both lie and truth at the same time.” It was one of the things Jumba never tested Fibber on since it was hard to come up with a statement that was paradoxically a lie and the truth at the same time. “My curiosity is raised, go ahead.”

“I’m currently in this room.” Fluttershy having stated that caused Fibber to screech and clutched at his head in pain. “Oh no, I’m so sorry Fibber.”

This time Fibber didn’t gurgle, but just raised a thumb to show that he was okay even if his head hurt and that he accepted the apology.

“It appears real paradoxical statements are incredibly painful to experiment thirty two, judging by statement I am guessing time travel has you in two places at once.” Jumba walked over to Fibber and picked him gently. “It is being okay zero three two. Hm… this statement is fault.”

Fibber just shrugged and cuddled into his father’s rather safe embrace.

“Can I try a few more statements? None of them are paradoxical; I swear I didn’t mean to hurt him!” Fluttershy didn’t have to swear as Fibber didn’t gurgle.

What followed was Fluttershy asking numerous questions by making numerous statements that Fibber shouldn’t possibly know if they were lies or not. Celestia wasn’t evil, she loved her sister, she was just trying her best and she was quite aware of her sister’s plight before she became infected with Nightmare and didn’t try to help her until it was way too late to do so. Before Fluttershy could ask any more questions, the woman walked back into the room.

“Guys, Pleakley and I have worked hard on making dinner, it’s time to eat.” The woman waited for Lilo and the others to get a move on.

“You have a nice family ma’am and your daughter is quite kind.” At least Fluttershy assumed Lilo was the woman’s daughter.

“My name is Nani and Lilo is not my daughter.” Nani set off Fibber causing a few stares. “She’s not my daughter by birth and I’m her older sister.”

Lilo got up and wrapped her arms tightly around Nani’s waist before going to the table.

-

“Okay, after several scans… I can’t really tell what we’re looking at here but it’s definitely something incredible.” Bonnie sat in the pilot’s seat of Head Hunter as it sat on the beach and looked up at the scans she was getting from both the temple and the spot where Fluttershy and Soft had disappeared at. The Temple itself was swamped in magic, which didn’t compare to the spot in front of the statues eyes looking to the ocean.

“Well that doesn’t help very much.” Foxglove said flatly from her position on the back of the seat.

“Right, I’m calling my dad!” She was pretty sure the Head Hunter could get into contact with him, the moment Jumba appeared on screen he was chuckling. “Dad I need you to…”

“Hold it experiment one four nine, I am the knowing as to why it is you are calling. Close to heart little pony friend is disappearing through swirling vortex yes?” Jumba smiled when he saw the confused looks from Foxglove and Bonnie. “I met with her hours ago, to be exact. Little pony says portal caused a time travel incident; she’s currently in San Francisco at the moment to be stopping some kind of world ending disaster. I am meeting tiny being named Soft Echo, she is being dangerously adorable like little girl. I have been quite assured one four nine needs lessons in X, Y and Z Chromosomes again.”

Bonnie paled, though she was certainly happy to hear that Fluttershy was generally okay and in the middle of another problem entirely. Things would be fine and nothing else could possibly go… Samus appeared on the screen in a frame next to Jumba glaring down at her. Samus’s genetic profile also came up on the screen and it showed she had Chozo genetics and a Chozo made battle suit. It was partially thanks to her new Metroid genetics that Samus couldn’t remotely wrest control of the ship from Bonnie, that along with the various alterations the ship went through under Fluttershy’s ownership.

Oh great, now Bonnie was both going to be lectured by her father and subsequently killed by the bounty hunter who Fluttershy stole from! Why did she have to jinx things by thinking they couldn’t get worse? The scanners picked up a Valkyrian ship entering orbit near the moon and Bonnie smacked her own face with both hands while groaning.

Author's Note:

To put it into the right frame.

Fluttershy went back in time approximately twelve hours, then she was moved into London's time zone based on that and in this chapter she goes to Hawaii's time zone which is ten hours in time zone travel.

This means that Fluttershy has at least been back to Tuesday three times in one week. Wednesday is still only just getting started for the time zone and present that Bonnie is still in. Fluttershy has only time traveled backwards once in all this, she has also traveled laterally through time by time zone travel.

It's all as confusing as it sounds so I'm going to stop worrying about ever doing a time travel thing again, because it is ridiculous to keep up with and still write chapters accurate to the reality of what is happening.

San Francisco is at least two hours ahead of Hawaii.

PreviousChapters Next